When you call, mention priority code 160J-X9JH

Rating and Reviews: Fender STD Tele RW

Capture the classic tone of a Telecaster with the smooth feel of a rosewood neck. The American Standard includes upgraded Custom Shop pickups.

"Right on" submitted November 23, 2012

By S C
Overall
Sound: It has a sonic signature all its own. Everybody knows the classic Tele sound: it's here, and so are clear but mellow rhythm tones. The "Twisted Tele" neck pickup is fantastic. Middle position is all kinds of beautiful, as it should be on a good Tele. I should add that the bridge pickup (Custom Shop Broadcaster) has a great character by itself, too. Tele twang, sure, and a piercing treble that somehow isn't icepicky. Hard to describe, beautiful to hear. Feature: Everything here is top-notch, though very simple. Love the pickups, as described above, and the classic, basic controls and layout. Ease of Use: Out of the box, it's probably the most playable guitar I've ever bought, and it sounds great with zero modifications. Intonation was perfect from the factory. The neck is super-comfortable--not too thick or too thin, and the satin neck finish and rolled fingerboard edges contribute to the feeling of "fast" playability. The body contour is a nice touch, making the guitar very comfortable to play whether sitting or standing. Stays in tune through hard bending. Quality: I have to admit, I was really surprised at how nice this guitar is. I have a few other American-made guitars (from the other big-name manufacturer), all more expensive than this one, and every single one of them came with some annoying flaw that should've been caught by quality control (paint, fretwork, flaky electronics). I've been playing this guitar for a couple weeks now and have inspected it all over, in and out. It's basically perfect. The only issue I've had is a faint harmonic tone above the nut when I play an open G string, which is somewhat common on Fender guitars without a second string tree. In this case, I fixed it by winding some extra string around the tuning peg when I changed strings. On the whole, very fine craftsmanship. It feels, sounds, and looks like a much more expensive guitar. Side note: the case that comes with this guitar is superb. Value: One of the best values going. Fender really got it right with this iteration of the American Standard, and the price is sweet. Can't lose. Manufacturer Support: N/A Overall: Just about perfect.

"2012 Fender American Standard Telecaster" submitted September 17, 2012

By Tim Dixon in Ashland, KY
Overall
Musical Background: This makes my 38th guitar in my collection. Playing for 40 years. Professional.
Music Style: All the above. All stes of music are beautiful.
Overall: As always, zZounds delivered prompt and courtious service. Had my guitar in two days and I. Perfect condition. Now, for the guitar. Amazing. First year ever for the belly cut. If you are a strat fan and have always been drawn to the tele? Now's your chance. Unbelievably comfortable to play. The work that was done on this guitar at the California custom shop shines through, from the hand rolled edges of the neck to the broadcaster bridge and twisted tele pickup in the neck make this a one of a kind very special instrument. Even comes with a very sweet case. Want to buy another soon. The sound is sonic with the delta tone circut and the bridge is full of sustain with the new design. The finish is amazing as well, not heavy but light where it needs to be. Like driving a new car. This guitar screams. Get yourself one. Tons of soul.

"2012 Telecaster" submitted October 2, 2012

By Chad C in Ferrum, VA
Musical Background: 25 Years, Semi Professional
Music Style: Blues, Rock, Country, Funk and Jazz
Overall: I have held off for many years from buying a Tele simply do to ergonomics. This guitar now has the rear bout routed and is very comfortable to play. Bent Steel saddles really make it ring and Broadcaster pick up in bridge is an exceptional upgrade along with twisted Tele in neck position. Mine Is Jade Pearl color with rosewood and it is quite a looker. Would recommend this guitar to anyone who plays in all styles! A lifelong investment that will surely please!

"This guitar sounds incredible." submitted September 16, 2012

By Dan Y in Orange, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing since 96. Multiple bands. Gibson Les Paul, am Fender strat, epiphone 355, Vox ac30x.
Overall: The craftsmanship on this guitar is incredible. The detail work makes the guitar really special. The body contour is comfortable, the staggered tuners really enhance the sustain and the satin-backed neck is absolutely playable. The custom shop pickups sound full and warm with the tone knob turned down a little and perfectly twangy with tone turned all the way up. I don't usually write reviews, but had to write a review on this guitar because it is awesome. The sound is the I've been looking for. I use the neck pickup for clean tone and the bridge for overdrive sounds. Both sounds are exactly the tone that I've been seeking for years. This is my third American guitar and by far the best sounding.

"Love My Tele!" submitted May 27, 2014

By Marshall M in Atlanta, GA
Overall
Musical Background: Played my whole life, 30 + years, primarily for my own enjoyment but also semi-professionally. I also play a Fender Bass VI.
Music Style: Instrumental, ambient, improvisational
Overall: Shipping from Zzounds was very fast, got my guitar in two days! Unboxed to find a beautiful American Standard Telecaster in transparent crimson-red (I opted for the ash body and rosewood fingerboard). Zero issues with the finish, hardware or electronics. The guitar was set up nicely from the factory but will soon receive a set of 10 gauge strings to replace the 9's it came with. The guitar sounds amazing and I can get everything I want from a classic Tele twang to darker jazz sounds from the pickups. It is an extremely resonant instrument. Very comfortable to play, balanced (weight distribution between body and neck) and the neck/fretboard is easy to get around on. I look forward to many years of creativity with this guitar.

"Inventory check first" submitted July 20, 2014

By Dennis Kees in Grayslake, IL
Musical Background: 35+ year veteran
Music Style: Everything
Overall: Guitar is decent, though not as advertised. I should say, not the exact serial numbered item as the pictures. Buyer be aware. Learned my lesson. Need to ask for pictures of exactly what you are buying. If not, you will get stock and not necessarily to spec. The case was defined to me in writing as a molded SKB style. I received a black vinyl rectangle hard case. Zzounds said they could not separate the guitar from the case for exchange and offered a slight refund for my inconvenience. So, no real ding on Fender apart from a better than manufacturer set up is needed, and they should stick with one piece bodies if they can stock the raw supply. The two and three piece bodies just don't seem right to me. Knot in the bridge area found could be special, too soon to tell ( ask a luthier why). Overall vendor; was an example of why any buyer should be certain of exactly what your getting before pulling the "buy" button. Product; better fit and finish than any Gibson product, besides the lack of consistent solid body construction as noted. This is the second of the same I've owned. Consistent otherwise everywhere else.

When you call, mention priority code 160J-X9JH. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976