When you call, mention priority code 204-R579

Rating and Reviews: 60th Anniversary Strat

Built to pay tribute to the very first Fender Stratocaster, this limited-edition American-made beauty delivers 1954-era tone, feel, and style throughout.

"Vintage Beautiful" submitted September 6, 2014

By Adam H in Meadville, PA
Musical Background: Experienced Musician
Music Style: Rock, Blues
Overall: Finally decided to pull the trigger and purchase this little beauty. I have been a Stratocaster fan since I started playing over 15 years ago. Not only do I appreciate the instrument, but also the history. This is where it all began. Expensive? Yes, but definitely worth the money and thanks to zZounds, I was able to finance this beauty and not have my girl leave me in the cold. This guitar is absolute vintage spec, but don't let that dissuade you. It plays marvelously, the only guitar that I have ever purchased and NOT had to set up. Kudos to Fender for an excellent job (they probably where able to be a bit more attentive due to the limited number of these). Looks beautiful, plays like butter and has the most amazing clean sound of all the Strats that I own. These 1954 pickups are great, nice low end with crisp highs (not ice picky) and super warm, mello mids. Played through my Deluxe Reverb, it is sonic heaven. I thought it would be a bit thin and brittle due to the vintage pickups but I was pleasantly wrong. With a little (or a lot) of overdrive this guitar sings. This is just an all around great guitar, and I absolutely love it. The included case candy is an incredible touch as well. Opening the period correct G&G case, is like opening a time capsule from 1954, all the documentation and extras was a really cool touch. If I had to make the decision again to purchase this guitar I would do it even faster. An incredible instrument at a moderate price point (no denying that) but also and iconic piece of history and a collectors item. You just can't go wrong with this guitar.

"1954 60th anniversary" submitted August 27, 2014

By m v in pasadena, CA
Musical Background: I have been buying fenders since 1984 -
Music Style: chillwave ragtime is my usical style, although i have been known to dabble with Blainese reggaeton from time to time.
Overall: I bought the 'blemished' - the guitar has a pretty good nick on the top edge - not a big deal. this guitar has two flaws - the neck is pretty 'sticky' and needs to wiped down often( the sticky neck issue seems to be going away after the first few weeks), and the string tension is pretty tight - making bends a bit strenuous (i have gotten used to this, and i feel it gives the guitar a bit of sustain) positives - the tone is incredible, it looks amazing, great action, and all of the original accessories came with this 'blemished' guitar. on a side note - the strat i received has my birth date on the neck plate (serial number) this makes me feel like it really is MY guitar... i play the guitar nearly every day. "Can you believe the guitar has my birthday on it?" for me, this is a serious WOW factor!
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 204-R579. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976