When you call, mention priority code 154S-JWLJ

Rating and Reviews: Fender Stevie Ray Vaughan

Recreate Stevie's Texas blues tone with this reproduction of his Sunburst Strat -- featuring a unique "oval" neck and 3 smoking-hot Texas Special pickups.

"Mine" submitted January 27, 2012

By Gordy Beemer in Fort Wayne, IN
Musical Background: 40+ years in groups
Music Style: Classic rock, country, blues
Overall: I have a '96 (SN6938656) that I really enjoy. I got the guitar from a guy that didn't play and won it at a music store grand opening. It still had the paper sticker on the whammy bar hole. Tweed case and all.The only way I will part with it is if someone would trade a nice Les Paul. But it would have to be a good one. Love it!

"THIS STRAT KILLS ANY OTHER STRAT OUT THERE!" submitted July 24, 2005

Overall
Music Style: southern rock blues r and b
Sound: this guitar rocks it can sound as thin as any strat ever then at 7 on the volume it totally changes into this hard hitting thick sound and if you can turn it up to 10 it changes again! its awesome! Feature: its set up great from the factory which is odd these days! the left handed tremolo is easier to reach to me for some reason and just fells better if you like gibson necks and that is my main guitars this is the strat for you it has a great felling big neck on it but not for beginners. Quality: everything is great from the factory on this guitar its a road dog im sure of it im starting to use it alot ive just had it a couple of weeks i wonder about the tuning pegs on it but there the sme thing they used in the 50s and 60s and most of those guitars still have the same kind on them i dont know if there original but we will see! Value: its decent priced for what you are gonna get its not just another strat now way theres something special about a srv model for sure ive only played one other signature model a jimmy vaughn but it kills all the regular strats and the latest 50th anniv. got one of those and it wil now be kept in the case! because i will be playing the srv and my les paul and firebird Manufacturer Support: i had a hard time getting a pickguard for it but if you order one for a 57 or 58 reissue you can still get an 8 hole everything else is 11hole stephens music in calhoun ga got mine in a reasonable amount of time and its a fender factory picguard i just hated waiting and trying not to play it with the srv pickguard! The Wow Factor: geat paint and finish this is a sexy instrument Overall: i plan on a long life with my new srv strat and hope to get to play some of his best songs with my band

"Finally after all these years...." submitted April 9, 2014

By Chris P in Ft Worth, TX
Music Style: Shredder metal, amd of course Blues rock
Overall: Ive been a fan of Stevies since my teens. Ive had Bullseyes, Nuno's,Jacksons and Studios. But just never could take the dive and spend the cash for my dream guitar. Well after convincing my Girlfriend and myself I opted for the payment plan to purchase it. Thanks ZZounds. Well she os a beautiful peice. The sound nailed his tone. Ive had Texas pups before but I guess its the wood combo cuz holy jeeze!!!! My bro was jelous and the band was really happy.

"Do Research and Play this instrument before purchasing. This isn't something for everyone... personally.. this guitar is a 10 a" submitted April 2, 2006

Musical Background: 10 Yrs
Music Style: SRV, FLOYD, SABBATH, ZEPPELIN,
Sound: Like many people say, This guitar isn't for everyone. The neck is fat and you need to play it hard and mean like Stevie. If you are not really into stevie ray then you probley wouldn't like it. I played it in the store for 3 hours before i decided to purchase. I played it along with another american 1000$ strat, and by far this strat completely destroyed. Only reason i didn't give it a 10 was because, Stevie's original guitar is a 10 and this is just a replica. Feature: It Came with a nice Vintage Case, and Some cleaning stuff... Your basic Features and accessories when you purchase a guitar in this price range. Ease of Use: I first played a few SRV riffs with the 1000$ american strat, then switched over to this guitar and WOW, you will notice the immediate replication of his sound. Listen to SRV track "LENNY" and this is the sound you can expect. Quality: I gave quality a 9 online because i was alittle ticked that they made such an unbelievable sounding guitar and it was supposed to be the SRV replica, meanwhile there's all gold hardware? They should of kept it chrome like his real one and wow this would of been 10 across the board. Value: Quality and craftsmanship of this guitar is simply wonderful. 1399$ is resonable for this. Manufacturer Support: Right now it's 10... i haven't had any reason to deal with anyone. Overall: This guitar has a beautiful sound. and i also play Pink Floyd stuff on it and it even has a great gilmour sound. This guitar is fantastic.

"Amazing Guitar, Great Sound, But play it before you buy it........" submitted April 22, 2005

By a customer from bjga.com
Musical Background: Active musician, more live than studio
Music Style: Blues, Rock
Sound: If the Texas Blues Feature: The left handed bridge w/tremlo is a useful set-up if picking/strumming with the bar in hand is your cup of tea. Texas Special Pickups: They make a Strat sound even Strattier! Stevie and Mark Knopfler both used these. Quality: I can't comment to athortatively because I only spent an hour with this guitar But it appears to be very well made. excellent fit and finish. Value: I didn't buy this guitar. But if the large "C" neck, the Texas Specials, and the upside down bridge is what your looking for look no further. I chose instead to put the Texas Specials in my '57 reissue. The Wow Factor: The only part of this guitar I'm not gaga over is the neck. If I was a rich man I'd buy it and swap the neck ou for a "V" or a small "C" like the Knopfler Strat.

"not quiet"

By a customer from chartertn.com
Music Style: rock , blues , christian rock
Sound: if a fat muddy sound is what your going for this guitar is for you.i am not a fan of the texas special pickups.the radius of the fingerboard makes playing difficult.i am a strat man but i like a much tighter sound than this guitar is able to produce.different pick ups would greatly help this guitar Quality: this guitar is put together well. it just doesn t get the classic strat sound. Value: you can get better sounding strats at much lower prices. Manufacturer Support: no repairs have been needed. this is a quality made guitar. The Wow Factor: the guitar is beautiful. Overall: i am going to sell or trade this guitar.

"A Retro Gone to Vaughan Country and a fine ride!" submitted June 4, 2008

By a customer from telus.net
Overall
Sound: I do not know if you will evern print this. I bought the SRV Texas Secial innards, everything, pick-ups to pots Feature: see above... the Humm cancelling pick-up made the set Ease of Use: Everything was clear, but as I say, things may have changed with me marrying the two axes. Quality: I boughtan old fernandes because it was a retro rocket and one that just had a feel like a strat... Value: well, if the guts to this are an indication, I got a solid deal Manufacturer Support: I deal with thier product guy. He knows SRV and really liked to make his work tops for me. He's proud, I'm happy! The Wow Factor: Everybody want it! Overall: I have been using this for 10 years now!

When you call, mention priority code 154S-JWLJ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976