When you call, mention priority code 1770-5V6N

Rating and Reviews: Fender '52 Telecaster

The Fender American Vintage '52 Telecaster isn't just a museum piece. With all original specs, the Fender American Vintage '52 Telecaster sounds great today.

"52 reissue is amazing!" submitted March 21, 2013

By thomas h in hobart, IN
Overall
Musical Background: i have been playing guitar for 25 years,i do session work as well as live performances and audio advertising production.
Music Style: country,blues
Overall: i was a little skeptical to order this guitar online without playing it first,but WOW! thanks to a buddy of mine who is a well respected studio player in nashville,i took his advise and gave zzounds a chance,and i honestly cant say enough about how pleased i am with my purchase! this guitar showed up at my door just as if i had went straight to the fender show room and picked it out myself. absoulutly flawless,perfectly set intonation,the action did not have to be tweaked at all.i know this may be a rare occasion but then again maybe not? the tech support i had talked to where totally knowledgeable on every aspect of the guitar and could answer any question i had prior to ordering it. so yeah, as a working musician myself,i would recommend using this company for all of you equipment needs! in fact,i actually just ordered a second guitar from zzounds yesterday,the new 58 reissue and i cant wait to get it!!

"52 TELECASTER" submitted December 6, 2005

By a customer from FINDLAYAUTO.COM
Musical Background: ACTIVE MUSICIAN
Music Style: COUNTRY / ROCK / SOUTHERN ROCK
Sound: THE SOUND THESE PICKUPS PRODUCE IS PERFECT FOR COUNTRY AND OLD ROCK. LOVE IT. Feature: THE SIX SADDLE BRIDGE CAME IN HANDY. I LOVE TO HAVE PERFECT INTONATION AND TUNING ON MY GUITARS. THE 3 SADDLE IS COOL BUT I FOUND THAT THE SIX SADDLE WORKS BETTER FOR TUNING IF YOU DO ALOT OF BENDS. IT IS EASY TO CHANGE OVER. TOOK ABOUT 15 MINUTES. PLAN ON SPENDING SOME TIME DIALING THE ACTION AND INTONATION IN. PRETTY TOUGH, BUT WELL WORTH IT!!! THE CASE AND VINTAGE STRAP ARE VERY COOL ALSO. Quality: FIT AND FINISH IS AMAZING! I LOVE THE NECK FINISH AND THE QUALITY PROCESSES THAT FENDER OBVIOUSLY USES WHEN PRODUCING THIS TYPE OF GUITAR. THEY PAY VERY CLOSE ATTENTION TO DETAIL. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME LOOK AT THE SWITCH AND PICKUP ROUTES UNDER THE PICKGUARD. PRETTY TRUE TO VINTAGE SPECS/ Manufacturer Support: I HAVE DELT WITH FENDER ON SEVERAL OCCASSIONS. THEY ARE FANTASTIC! I PERSONALLY WOULD NOT DEAL WITH ANY GUITAR MANUFACTURER BUT FENDER. NEVER NEEDED THE WARRANTY, I DO ALL MY OWN UPGRADES, REPAIRS ARE NOT NECCESARY IF YOU TAKE CARE OF THESE GUITARS!

Fender '52 Telecaster Customer Review submitted April 5, 2006

Overall
Overall: I love both pickups on this guitar. It has excellent chime to it, even unplugged. The U neck shape is beefy yet comfortable. It is drop dead sexy. Nice workmanship. I think this guitar sounds as good as my favorite Strat. I'm so glad I bought this guitar.

"The perfect mail order bride" submitted June 30, 2008

Musical Background: hobby
Music Style: Blues and rock
Sound: Sweet! Can't beat that Fender sound. I've been playing blues lately and the tone is perfect. Feature: No problems. They could have put a lock for the strap. It wouldn't have cost much but for this quality equipment it should be standard. Ease of Use: Very playable. Great neck...wonderful body...zzounds like I am describing a woman. Quality: Quality is great. Great finish. Everything works great. The natural wood tone? Most excellent. Love the neck. Almost plays itself. Value: This guitar is worth every penny. Just one great instrument. Manufacturer Support: I did call Fender and found them to be knowlegable but not overly passionate about their product. Which kind of surprised me. The Wow Factor: Looks great. I must admit I showed at off around work. Even people who don't play were impressed. Those that do play, well, eat your heart out. 1952 is something I have something I have wanted since I was a kid and to be able to get a exact remake is incredible. Overall: I call this my mail order bride. Can't wait to get home at night and play with her. Now that I have this guitar I can't imagine ever being unfaithful. What else could I need? Maybe a little food and water once in a while. I wouldn't turn down a date with Scarlet Johanson. Other than that just let me play this guitar. Buy this guitar! It doesn't get any better.

"The versatile tone king" submitted July 18, 2003

Overall
Sound: Great highs - not shrill. This guitar can do it all. I've had a few Telecasters over the years, and this is the best. Feature: As basic as a Telecaster should be. Quality: Flawless and beautifully simple. Mine has a beautiful 2 piece (well matched) body. The finish is perfect and the neck pocket is really tight. Value: Compared to other Fenders...given the case and candy, it is still a little high in price. Compare to Gibson prices, which are insane, it is a steal. The Wow Factor: Butterscotch with a black guard...simple and beautiful. I have (and have had) other Fenders and Gibsons, and this is my #1. It has tone beyond belief. I will never sell this guitar...my Les Paul Standard on the other hand... Overall: This is a keeper. I am so impressed with Fender's products right now.

"blonde beauty" submitted June 30, 2004

Overall
Music Style: Classic Rock , Rock.
Sound: great for sounds from a to z. the pickups are awesome Feature: comes with a case a cord a bridge cover a wiring kit for modern conversion and a new six saddle bridge. The Wow Factor: damn good guitar.

Fender '52 Telecaster Customer Review submitted October 13, 2005

Overall
Musical Background: band director, middle school band teacher
Music Style: alt-country, folk, rock
Sound: What a beautiful guitar. I grew up playing a 1965 tele, blonde and well worn in. Right out of the case, my 52 reissue played like the '65 did - like the perfect guitar. The vintage style wiring is surprisingly versatile, and I can see why Fender originally wired the guitar this way. While you get the equipment to modify the guitar so that you can use both pickups at once, you will wonder why you should bother once you hear the rich tone of the neck pickup with the highs rolled off - dark and resonant. Feature: Tweed case, ash tray, nice strap, wiring kit, vintage patch cord...what more could you ask for? Quality: Top notch materials and finish. Will only get prettier with age. The Wow Factor: How could you not want it? Its the most beautiful guitar ever made. Perhaps I exagerate, but man, I just love my guitar. Not to mention practical Overall: Buy one, and buy one now. If mine disappeared, I'd cry like a baby and then go out and get another.

"First rate QUALITY for a life-time." submitted June 11, 2007

By a customer from bellsouth.net
Music Style: Rock, Country
Sound: I have both Fender Strat. and have had the Tele. vintage for about 2 weeks. I can't set this new Tele. down. If your looking for a more mellow sound, this is the one for you. Once you ordeer this guitar, open the case and take a sniff. Ahhhh the smell of this guitar is wonderful. Great job Fender. Feature: The only thing I wish that came standard on this guitar is the lock on guitar strap hardware. Fender could include it in the hardware pack and leave the strap out. But oh well their only about $16.00 Well worth the money because I don't plan on dropping this beautiful instrument. I clean the guitar after each use with the cleaner and dust cloth included. Ease of Use: Effortless playability. Tone is GREAT. If your playing songs by Buck Owens, Johnny Cash you'll get the same great sound. Quality: This is one tough guitar. Very reliable. It stays in tune better than any guitar I've ever owned. After 3 hours of playing on stage I can put it back in the case and take it out the next day and never have to retune it. The case is very well made for the road. Inside the case you have this plush orangeie fur and a compartment to keep your what-nots. Value: For the quality of this instrument. Well worth the price. Manufacturer Support: The only up grade I havee done was to install the strap locks. But keep the orignals, because after twenty years this guitar will be worth alot more than what you paid for it. The Wow Factor: Get one. You'll fall in love with it. If my wife said, It's either me or that guitar? Well, I would have to tell her, It's been nice known ya. Overall: Satisfied: For life. Supplement or replace: Never Wear it out: Maybe (but probally not in my lifetime). Compare: There is no comparison. Musical goals: Oh yes their met. Like most: It's a Fender Least like: I should have bought it sooner.

Fender '52 Telecaster Customer Review submitted December 6, 2004

Sound: bridge pick-up is just screaming! Mid positon is nice for rhythm or lead. A little more laid back but with a sound of it's own. Neck pick-up has a very bassy tone. I play this Telecaster through my Traynor Custom Valve 80 and the sound is simply Great! Needless to say the playability and finish of this guitar are excellent. My finger never slip off the high E string. Feature: Everything is of the highest quality. Quality: This guitar is made to the highest standards and I know from playing this instrument it will never let me down. I fell in love with this guitar the first time I played it. I was going to buy a Les Paul. Value: This guitar represents a good value for your dollar, Manufacturer Support: Yes indeed, I own a Fender Stratocaster as well.

"THE ultimate prototype" submitted July 25, 2006

Musical Background: Active musician, Current music student
Music Style: Blues, Rock, Alternative
Sound: This thing is a banshee....no bells and whistles here....it is THE prototype guitar...and THE ultimate work horse...plug into a Twin and you're set. Feature: It depends on you....as for me I really don't like messing with more than one tone control...and the one tone control knob on my tele is more than enough for me.. Ease of Use: The butterscotch finish especially on the fretboard had to get broken in....brand new I noticed that it wasn't as slideable...but after a good few months of playing and using fast fret this guitar is smooth. Quality: For a reissue I think Fender has got this model down to a T. especially with the original pick up selection...the bridge pickup is very bright yet leaves you enough to work with when it comes to tone.And if that's not enough....just by the way it looks....you can tell that this guitar means business. Value: I bought mine at a local shop in town for way much more...so the price on this site is a very good deal. Manufacturer Support: If you're really looking for more tone options it comes with parts for you to convert to the modern pick up selection as for me I didn't choose to do so. It's a 52 model...so why not let it sound like a 52? The Wow Factor: I love telecasters...but with the butterscotch blonde it just gives it that well crafted took their time sorta look. Overall: Output jack was poor....I guess this is how they were back then...but it's an easy fix...you can even find specialty jacks just for your teleblaster.

Fender '52 Telecaster Customer Review submitted February 7, 2004

Overall
Sound: It dosen't get in closer than this. Feature: It has everything you need. Quality: They didn't make them this nice in 1952. Value: Worth every penny if your searching for that classic Fender tone. Manufacturer Support: NA The Wow Factor: I wanted this guitar since the day I started playing, I will never let it go. Overall: Awesome!

Fender '52 Telecaster Customer Review submitted February 7, 2004

Overall

When you call, mention priority code 1770-5V6N. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976