When you call, mention priority code 205-6L59

Rating and Reviews: EVH Wolfgang Special HT

Get Eddie Van Halen's signature guitar in a flat-top hard-tail model with the Wolfgang Special HT, outfitted in black hardware and a TonePros locking bridge.

"EVH Wolfgang Special HT" submitted November 6, 2012

By Robert Lesko in Milwaukee, WI
Musical Background: Active Musician, Guitar Keys,Vocal,Recording 25+ years
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Folk, Blues, sound tracks, and ?
Overall: Great guitar! I was hesitant at first because of the vintage size frets and the fact that it is a special (import) model. I love the feel of Med-Jumbo frets but for some reason be-it the Stainless steel wire or the construction of the neck this has been a non-issue, and there was literally no getting use to period. The overall construction of the instrument is rock solid. I have owned some other imports in my some very expensive ones, and was very disappointed in them. I remember back in the 80s when ESP was first starting to be sold in the US back before the LTDs and being wowed over there craftsmanship. Well EVH has done it the wow factor is defiantly there. Let's all hope that they don't go down the same road that other brands have when it comes to the quality of the imports.Lastly but most important, I am very picky about my guitars never thought I was until I found that I had to replace 5 that were stolen from the studio. The attention to detail is fantastic. Defiantly a player's guitar. I am not a huge Eddie fan but do respect his playing and who better to design a guitar! Some people say a new car is a taste of freedom, well I say take this for a test drive, let it inspire and drive you to practice more and more.Stringed instruments are imperfect by nature, I really think this is as close as you can get. Some of us are lucky enough to find a guitar that has a life of its own, I am sure that this guitar will become a trusted friend for the long haul.I never had to use the customer support but have delt with Fender in the past and they rock!

"evh stealth wolfgang" submitted February 1, 2013

By ryan sadowski in muskegon, MI
Overall
Musical Background: been playing for about 5 yrs. play a parker and evh wolfgang.
Music Style: metal,blues, southern rock
Overall: Picture a les paul,tele, and a fender had a baby. this thing sustains for days, harmonics are effortless, playability is fast and easy. The pickups are if a dimarzio super distortion, a tone zone and a evo 2 had a baby this would be the bridge pickup. The neck pickup is a hybrid between a duncan 59 and a paf pro. very articulate. bottom line this is the best sounding gee i've ever played. its hot and it cleans up like a strat/tele. i wont buy another brand of guitar after i played this. I bought the stealth. ebony for ever..

"Great Customer Service" submitted April 28, 2014

By Gary N
Overall
Musical Background: 47 yrs of playing, play about anything, do a lot of recording at home studio in collaboration with international musicians
Music Style: At this point Metal and Ambient mostly.
Overall: The guitar is now great, had an issue with the frets not being finished, prob neck wood shrinkage from coming from Japan and the extremely cold winter. That being said CS gave me an option of sending it back or giving a refund for paying for repair, I took the later and did it myself. EVH is now wonderful, great action and pickups, very solid.

"STEALTHY" submitted May 31, 2015

By Scott S in Sandy, UT
Overall
Musical Background: Played for 25 years, occasional bands, mostly jam at home or with friends
Music Style: I play blues and metal
Overall: The Stealth is badass. No frills, no compromises. Hardtail, ebony board, locking nut and fine tuners at the bridge means it never goes out of tune. Bourne volume pot for easy swells, tighter tone pot means you can accidentally hit it while playing and it won't move. Pickups are fantastic....I love all types of tones from all types of pickups for high gain....these are up there with BKPs for clarity. Every nuance of your playing comes through, and they can be just as brutal as anything I've ever tried. I got what seems to be a NOS guitar from Zzounds.....it was MIJ and they don't do that anymore, these are MIC now. Fret ends were a little sharp the length of the board, which indicates to me that the board shrunk while sitting there. No worries, and it seems to have settled in to the climate here. I live in UT and it's a desert climate....very dry and can be harsh on fretboards. Guess it needed some time to adjust and it's a lot better now, although I still need to get it to a tech to have the ends filed down....after that it'll be perfect. I have this guitar in drop C and it's a metal machine. I would definitely buy this again...Zzounds had it as a blemish, which usually just means a customer return....I can't find a blemish and I got it for a sick price. Thanks Zzounds!

"EVH Wolfgang special HT" submitted August 12, 2014

By Javier Santana in montebello, CA
Overall
Musical Background: i jam out at home, with friends, and my father
Music Style: metal, classick rock, punk rock, anything that sounds good..
Overall: great guitar for the money! excellent craftsmanship! whoever was working on this guitar must of had a good day! i bought this guitar to play songs in E standard, it came setup perfectly from the factory. low action and tuning this guitar is ez! this guitar case smells good mmMMmmm!!! .. i would throw it out my 2nd story window no problem....seems pretty sturdy ! i read several people complain about the guitar having sharp fret edges. That wasnt the case with my guitar.. solid craftsmanship! i found it comfortable to play standing up and sitting down.

"Awesome guitar!!" submitted October 16, 2014

By Marc H in Millville, NJ
Overall
Musical Background: jam at home guy
Music Style: blues, rock. heavy metal
Overall: Great price. Great guitar for all around music. Fingerboard is smooth. Nice sustain.

When you call, mention priority code 205-6L59. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976