When you call, mention priority code 14XL-MDPV

Rating and Reviews: EVH Wolfgang Special

Play the guitar Eddie Van Halen plays! This "Special" flat-top version of the EVH Wolfgang gives you Gotoh tuners and a D-Tuna on the Floyd Rose tremolo.

"EVH Wolfgang" submitted May 12, 2012

By Russ L in Abita Springs, LA
Overall
Musical Background: 20+ years playing, studied music in college, though a hobbiest now.
Music Style: Hard rock, metal, classic rock, blues, touch of jazz.
Sound: The sound of this instrument is incredible through high gain amp settings. The sustain is really good and the tones this guitar gets are very nice. It's also really easy to control the tone through judicious use of the volume and tone knobs. Dial it back and it'll clean up nicely. The pickups are a touch too hot for great clean tones though, but I didn't buy this guitar to comp chords in a jazz combo. I bought it to play rock, and it does that quite well. Feature: Neck/body fit could have been better, but otherwise the construction of the guitar is pretty nice. All the hardware is top shelf stuff, and the electronics are really good. Good enough to make me start shopping to upgrade one of my other guitars. I don't love the volume pot (frictionless model) but otherwise I couldn't be happier. And once set up properly, the D-Tuna works as advertised. I love going from standard tuning to Drop-D and back without having to even slow down my playing, much less stop and tune. Ease of Use: Once the neck alignment issue was sorted out, this guitar is incredibly playable. The neck is fantastic and feels already broken in. Supposedly the stainless frets aren't supposed to wear like nickel, but I haven't had it long enough yet to have an opinion on that. The weight and the way the guitar hangs is pretty close to perfect. Very comfortable. Quality: Other than the mentioned issue, the quality feels very high. I don't regret not spending the money on a USA made Wolfgang. Value: It's definitely worth the money. This is the most I've spent on an instrument and couldn't be happier. Manufacturer Support: It's Fender. The Wow Factor: The WOW factor is way up there. The finish, the hardware, the sound.. all a notch above what you'd expect from a guitar in this price range. Overall: I purchased an EVH Wolfgang Special from zZounds about 2 weeks ago. The good: First off, this is a beautiful instrument. The tobacco sunburst finish is absolutely stunning. The body shows a lot of interesting detail in the finish and the neck is amazing. The neck is incredibly playable and the sound this guitar gets is beyond words. Van Halen could have quit when DLR left and Eddie would have had an incredible career designing and building guitars. He knows exactly what he's doing. The Bad: The neck on mine wasn't installed perfectly straight when it showed up here. The high E string was was hanging almost off the fretboard. Loosening three screws on the neck and moving it fixed it though and now it's pretty dang close to perfect.

"Completely Blow Away!" submitted December 3, 2013

By Adam B in Lewistown, PA
Overall
Musical Background: I have been a profession touring musician for the last 15 years. I play electric and acoustic gigs. I play with 3 or 4 bands.
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Acoustic, Pop, Hip Hop, Country
Overall: I had read many reviews of this guitar online before my final purchase. I knew that at some point in my life I would own an actual Van Halen signature model, but I always thought I would hold out for the American model. If you are in the same boat and don't need your guitar to be an arch top, press buy now and get this magnificent guitar! The guitar plays the a dream! The neck is soft as butter and the frets were cut perfectly. The floyd in the bridge is great and I have had zero tuning issues. One thing I will say, and it should be common knowledge, is that if you are using the drop d tuna then you CAN NOT float this bridge. I made the mistake of trying this on a day that I played with two separate bands playing in two separate tunings and it made my life a living hell until I realized my mistake and screwed that bridge down tight. The pickups on this beast are hot as hell. It was definitely made to be played with an amp that reacts to finding a clean sound by rolling back the volume knob, so be forewarned that most gain levels on a clean channel will need to be rolled back. The volume knob on this is superb! The low friction turn makes whale sounds and swells a breeze! The only issue i have is that i have to adjust my pinky so as not to bump this when I am playing. Minor fix for maximum results. I was overly surprised at the case for this guitar. More like a rifle case than anything else! I have owned this for a little over a month and it has already been banged around as much as any touring musician normally would. I do not baby my equipment and it has nary a scratch on it. Seems like it will stand the test of time. You will definitely need to make use of the cubby hole in the case because it is a form fitted case and makes no room for the whammy bar or a strap. Whether your are a van halen fan or not, this guitar will outplay most instruments in the market at this price.

"EVH has perfected guitar craftsmanship!!!" submitted February 24, 2011

Musical Background: Intermediate, Active Musician, Recording Specialist
Music Style: Christian Rock / 80's Metal / Contemporary
Sound: This guitar has amazing sound for the price. It is a work of art. Sweet mids and highs with a nice clean crisp bottom end. I have never played a guitar with so much tonal control out of one volume knob and tone knob. I have an old Johnson JT-50 combo amp with V-Tube technology. Just amazing! I play my strat on level 4. It sounds really good. I plug in the EVH Special on the same settings. Not only is the sound warmer, it maintains it's bite,and I can feel the speaker flutter in my chest with the mids. Feature: Floyd Rose EVH Brand Tremelo is indestructible. Even has good back pull. Suppose to be non floating tremelo, but you can get it to squeal with slightly pulling up. D-Tuna took a while to get set. A few adjustments to the bridge and the intonation is spot on. A quick push in, and your back in E standard. Again, spot on! Locking nut is nice, but I still have to tune more than my Strat. My Strat is nine years old though and is broken in well. The case it comes with is strong with a lock, and is beautiful. When I first got it I just wanted to display it in the case. Ease of Use: Once you get it set up, the string broke in, and an understanding of the Floyd Rose system it is a piece of cake. I had never had a Floyd Rose before, so It took some study. A manual would have been nice LOL. Quality: The craftsmanship is beyond my expectations. I tend to baby it, because I feel like I am holding a piece of Rock N Roll history in its evolution. Basswood Body, AA Birdseye Maple top N neck, Bolt on neck, overseen by EVH. Stainless Steel Frets. Come On. This guitar will be rocking when I am rocking in my rocking chair. Value: I bought this on B Stock. Tobacco Burst. 999.00. I looked this thing over with a magnifying glass. Had many guitarist and musicians check it out. I have no idea why it was B-stock, but who cares. Locally these sell for 1,329.00 period. plus sales tax 6%= 1,408.74 plus another twenty bucks in gas. Total $1,408.00. I saved over $400.00. Guitar could sell for 1,500.00+ easy. Exceptional Value!!!!!! Manufacturer Support: Never had to use, but in the past Zzounds has been very responsive. The Wow Factor: It is as sexy as a guitar can be. Especially in the case. You have got to get one. If you love Rock / Metal, it is a must have to complete any tonal sets you can Imagine Overall: I have Gibson Les Paul studio, Epiphone SG, Fender Strat (American Standard), Michael Kelly Acoustic / Electric, and a low end Gibson Acoustic (400.00 low end for Gibson). For under 4 grand, I have any nice playable guitar a guitarist would want. If I had to choose between the EVH Special and the rest, I would have one guitar.
20 of 21 people (95.24%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"I've read the reviews, played the guitar, and here is my review. " submitted May 29, 2014

Overall
Musical Background: I've played guitar for 20 years and have played just about everything. I'll never be mistaken for SRV.
Music Style: Rock, Alternative, Southern Rock
Overall: I almost sent it back initially. The fret ends were protruding upon delivery and still after a couple of weeks. But the frets were perfectly level and I was able to set up great low action on a perfectly straight neck--no relief, the way I like it. There is a simple solution, however (see below). And there was/is one inlay dot that was not perfect--you can see a little bit of space on two sides--nothing that would affect playability, but given the fit and finish of everything else, it stood out. Everything else was perfect out of the box. My star ratings are based on the fact that I paid less than $800 for the guitar on zzounds. At full price, I don't know where I would account for the inlay (which is my guess as to why it was returned originally) but I would dock a star for that. I know it's an easy fix, but for a MSRP of $1800 and original out-the-door prices of around $1400, I would have sent it back for a replacement. The frets. Beautiful stainless steel frets. But sticking out a bit too much. Realizing the neck is unfinished maple and that it was manufactured and shipped from a high humidity locale, I placed a humidifier in a room, turned it on low, and opened the guitar case. I checked on it daily and you know what? After a couple of days of adjusting to the humidity and temperature, the frets were 100% better. I have been alternating between this and my MM Axis since then and the EVH feels better to me now. (This has more to do with limitations on the setup of the Axis, which admittedly has much better fit and finish across the board.) To give a comparison, since it has been raised, the Axis is a little bit brighter. Both guitars have great pickups that respond very well to player cues, but the EVH is a little more mellow and warm. You can also dial the tone back on the EVH, where you can only roll the volume back on the Axis. The big difference for me (other than price point) is that the Axis bridge is much more limited if you want to get the string very close to the fretboard: you can get it low, but the EVH gets lower while staying perfectly playable. Aesthetically, pick your appeal. I generally like solid colors, but the Axis is just plain beautiful. The book-matched top and neck are as good as I have ever seen (deep, detailed, yeah). And it has a belly cut, which isn’t a selling point for me, but is a plus for some people. I haven’t played the other Wolfgang/MM iterations, so I can’t comment. However, I can confidently say I received a great guitar that is darn close to my Axis in most regards, is a little better inothers, and that I would not hesitate to recommend. In fact, I’m probably going to buy another one. It’s made in China. I know. But, so is your television and probably everything else you own except your car. If we could make guitars this nice here for the same money, people would be doing it. This guitar stomps on a lot of US-built iconic guitars that I’ve played. Don’t get me wrong, there are some very nice domestic guitars, but not on par with this guitar and not at this price—unless it’s a Japanese Fender, which have always impressed me. This is a very good rock n’ roll guitar. Others have described its sound adequately. It cleans up, but it cannot sound like a Rickenbacker. You can play good clean tones and then dial it up to drive some tubes without fear it is going to sound like Poison’s first album through every amp. It is surprisingly versatile for non-split buckers, a switch, and two control knobs. You just have to know what you want out of it. Oh, and harmonics are impressive, everywhere on the fingerboard. The combination of the compound neck and pickups, with a little bit of pick and finger love, brings out a little bit of extra sound. If you want it to. And the case? You just have to see it. Might be the nicest stock case I've seen too. Very compact and reasonably light for something built to withstand a tank assault.

"Love it! I looked for a new guitar for 3 months before I actually plaid this." submitted April 27, 2011

Overall
Sound: Has everything I was looking for. It screams with purpose. Clarity, sustain and TOP shelf sound. Its so effortless to get piercing harmonics out of this baby. Feature: The Neck was the icing on the cake for me. Ill explain it like this: the neck will not make you a better player here is how I will explain it: if you play golf there are certain types of clubs that are better than others and better for specific players. If you match them up correctly there is a noticeable improvement with the golf player that is fit up correctly. This is how the right neck is for the right guitar player for a sometimes specific flavor of music. For me between the stainless steel frets there size and the actual build/quality of the neck I not only like paying it more than any guitar I have ever had or tested over the last 3 months of shopping, but it lets me also play a bit better in the way a golfer plays better with the perfectly built and matched up golf club. Also, first guitar I had with a floyd rose; Its solid fun reliable stays in tune and best of all on this guitar I am for some reason not afraid to put my hand on it or bump it this used to be a big reason I never liked playing with a Floyd rose in the past. Also love the drop D tuna; I actually use it more than I thought. Value: I looked and did much research - this guitar is built with all the quality parts the more expensive model is. And EVH as I have lead is TOP shelf quality in every details and part of the instruments. The Wow Factor: I think this EVH that's made by fender is so much more appealing than the previous ones made by other manufactures. I think its unique but mainstream at the same time its like venal ice cream with the fixings - people identify with it try it love it and it has enough zazz that they NEVER forget it! and allays want more!
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Awesome Guitar!" submitted May 16, 2014

By John Pagw in White River Junction, VT
Overall
Musical Background: Playing off and on 25 years. I jam at home.
Music Style: Metal/Rock/Classic Rock/Hair Bands
Overall: This is the third Wolfgang I had. I tried 2 of the Stealth models but both were blemished. I'm glad I tried another Wolfgang but this one in black. This is a solid guitar with top notch quality! I love the feel of the neck and this is my first maple fretboard. This is a very awesome looking guitar and the wow factor is way up there! I got mine on the zzounds 12 payment plan and as always zzounds goes above and beyond and I'm very thankful to them because without the payment plan I couldn't get a lot of the gear I have! If you buy an EVH you won't be sorry. It's a smooth guitar and was set up perfect right out of the box! The case is heavy duty and that just makes the deal sweeter!

"EVH WOLFGANG GUITAR" submitted June 19, 2014

By Theodore D S in New Kensington, PA
Overall
Musical Background: 50 years man! I DO IT ALL!
Music Style: ROCK, BLUES and just JAM MY ASS OFF ! Where ever it takes me, I GO!
Overall: THIS AX ROCKS MAN! THATS ALL THAT NEEDS TO BE SAID! IF YOU CAN PLAY, this AX CALLS OUT TO YOU! SWEETEST AX I've EVER HELD! The thing will ROAR like a LION and play as SWEET as a classical violin! Thats the only way I can describe it! BEST AX I EVER PURCHASED!

"best guitar I've owned" submitted May 7, 2014

By ryan wilson in brookline station, MO
Musical Background: been playing around 20 years
Music Style: Several bands, mostly play metal and grunge, rock
Overall: Amazing guitar!!!! The neck is so smooth and comfortable. The tone is fantastic. The case is indestructible. I have owned Gibsons ,Jacksons,ibanez over the last 20 years and this guitar hands down is my favorite.

"Sweet Axe!!!!" submitted May 13, 2014

By Chad R in E Liverpool, OH
Musical Background: Weekend Warrior
Music Style: Whatever gets the blood pumping!
Overall: I almost purchased one of the Wolfgangs last year but chose to buy something different. I did some research before finally deciding to buy this guitar. Once I received the guitar it did need some minor adjusting. Mainly the Dtuna. Action was pretty good right out of the box. I did read several reviews that some buyers had received an almost unplayable guitar. I feel pretty lucky because this guitar was pretty much ready to rock...right out of the box. Other than typical setup. Thanks Again Zzounds!

"EVH Wolfgang Special: the ultimate guitar you will ever own!" submitted September 22, 2011

By a customer from att.net
Overall
Music Style: rock, blues, country rock
Sound: Just test drove my new Wolfgang special and it really is a righteous guitar. The pickups are absolutely effortless in tone, and power: impressive design by eddie! This axe is a rockers dream axe, and you'll never not have enough power when your music needs it as this baby delivers bigtime! Unplugged this guitar has high resonance and across all pickup selections you dont lose any clarity or definition. The volume and tone pots are extreme man, way super smooth and the best response Ive seen. Feature: Super stainless steel vintage style frets are fabulous as is the birdseye maple neck. Now the neck is really something as its as smooth as a prom queen's thighs. Very balanced guitar, and the floyd rose is spot on, it does not go out of tune period! Drop D tuna is cool feature and works flawlessly. I was a little leary about tuning issues but the guitar has proven its worth. Ease of Use: Easy, effortless playing guitar! You really have to play this thing to get its full impact. Quality: I have never bought any EVH gear ever until I bought the Wolfgang Special. Ive seen ED rave about how much heat he gives final assembly technicians on YouTube. I can tell you that my guitar proves his point as its utterly flawless in construction, and perfectly setup and ready to play right out of the box. Its nice to see that at least someone is minding the store when it comes to putting out good product for our hard earned money. Value: For the money, its a great buy! I know there are other offerings on the market, but a wolfgang comes down to what you really want. I wanted a guitar that had the balls, to not fight me, and give me the tone when I want it. The Wolfgang delivers it all! Manufacturer Support: Support is provided by FMIC, and they are easy to reach by phone and they do answer you questions. This guitar is backed with a lifetime warranty! The Wow Factor: I ordered my guitar with the tobacco sunburst finish and its really nice! I personally like to see wood finishes and this one is really choice in my opinion, and very classy! Overall: I bought this axe as my main new axe, and even though I really hate the hassle of dealing with a floyd rose, I will say that its worth it for this guitar, because I wouldnt do it for any other! My band is a rock/blues band and this axe works perfectly for our style.

"EVH Wolfgang Special" submitted May 18, 2014

By James H in Edmond, OK
Musical Background: I have played for over 40 years
Music Style: Rock and blues
Overall: First let me say that this guitar has great sound, and is simply a delight to play. The only negative thing is that the high E string is too close to the edge of the fret board, and tends to slip off to the side. This probably should have been noticed by the manufacturer. I still love this guitar, and will make an adjustment to the neck when I get time.What I would really like to point out is the great buying experience with ZZounds. The week after I bought this guitar, it went on sale for $500 less than I paid. All it took was an e-mail to the helpful staff at ZZounds, and I was given a refund of that $500. I will definitely continue to shop at zZounds in the future

"Great Guitar!" submitted August 22, 2012

Overall
Overall: First I'd like to note the negatives! This guitar came shipped to me in completely unplayable condition! I don't mean it could've "used" a good setup I mean it was actually unplayable. I also got no manual or documentation of any kind so thank goodness for Google to help me figure out how to setup the d-tuna since I've never used one before...lol. The locking nut was unlocked, the strings were not even remotely tight (all just floppy loose) and the neck was loose and sitting a little crooked in the pocket making the strings uneven on the fretboard. That being said, after spending some time with it and doing a complete setup and adjusting the d-tuna properly this is the best playing guitar I've ever played hands down! I've been playing guitar for the better part of 30 years and have never felt a neck as good as this one. I've always told everyone they would bury me with my Carvin but now I'm not so sure. This guitar just begs to be played and when I have it in the case I can hear it calling my name...lol. I've never written a review on anything I've ever purchased but felt compelled to do so on this guitar because of the condition it came in and the product it has become. I mean come on guys if we're paying 1,400 dollars for a guitar at least make sure it's setup from the factory and not just a bunch of parts quickly thrown together to get it out the door. Although it didn't bother me to much because I knew I would be doing a complete setup anyway since it was a new guitar but I couldn't help but think that somewhere out there there's a little boy "or girl" saving their money as we speak to buy this and they should be able to play it when they take it out of the box........just sayin!

"My first guitar!" submitted December 29, 2013

By Scott Kaufman in Peru, IN
Overall
Musical Background: Total noob!
Music Style: Rock, metal
Overall: I'm a total noob to guitars...I picked this guitar from reading great reviews and because I'm a big EVH fan!! I have nothing to compare it to but I love the guitar and would recommend it highly!!

"Awesome sounds with the need for some attention to detail!" submitted March 31, 2014

By Ronald B in Spencer, MA
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing guitar for 30 plus years. I write and record my own music as a hobby.
Music Style: Rock and easy listening music.
Overall: I really like the sound and feel of this guitar. Guitar sound fantastic and I love the D tuna . However there are some quality control issue as it is made in china. The first issue is with the frets. The ends need to filed they are very sharp. i thought that once the guitar humidified in the cold Northeast weather that it would be fine, but that is not the case. The second issue if the jack input. It came in loose and I have since tightened that up. The third issue is that plastic back plates are so tight that to get mine off it actually chipped the paint on the edge of the recess. There is no need for them to be this tight. I have since sanded mine to fit a little easier. I had thought these guitars were being made in Japan, but perhaps they were originally, but not now. Over all I am satisfied with the rest of the guitars fit and finish. It just needs for someone to pay a little more attention to the details.

"EVH Wolfgang Special Guitar" submitted February 1, 2014

By kathy conway in rising fawn, GA
Overall
Musical Background: John my husband has been playing guitar his whole life,JAM everyday at home
Music Style: Rock Van Halen, Montrose, Steve Vai Blues Allman Brothers, Clapton, the list goes on
Overall: Please I cannot let my husband see this BEAUTIFUL

"Nice playing right out of the box" submitted May 2, 2012

By Glen P in Jerome, ID
Musical Background: 30 Year musician. Guitar drums vocals
Music Style: Mostly rock
Overall: The EVH Wofgang that I just purchased is a players dream. The axe played great right out of the box. Pickups are quiet, action feels great and the guitar is beautiful.

"Awesome guitar and Awesome company to buy from!" submitted September 4, 2012

By jim s in AUSTIN, TX
Musical Background: playing for fun, 10 years
Music Style: rock, blues, metal
Overall: This guitar is just like most people are saying in their reviews. Easy and fun to play, can get almost any sound you would want. It's very hard to put down! very addictive. Plus, with zZounds play as you pay deal, it sweetens the deal. Fast shipping, easy payments, excellent buy!

"Can't go wrong" submitted March 19, 2013

By Paul Boatner in Lake Village, AR
Musical Background: Been playing for awhile. Play at home
Music Style: Old school rock some new metal
Overall: I have done alot of research on alot of guitars. I asked myself what would i want in a guitar, and the wolfgang has it all and then some. I got the stealth and it sounds and plays like no other guitar i have had ( Ibanez, Gibson, Jackson ect) If you want quality and great feel and tone look no further you won't be sorry!

"Wolfgang special" submitted March 9, 2014

By Bill A in Phoenix, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: Working musician, 35 years experience.
Music Style: Blues, rock and funk.
Overall: I was very excited to receive guitar! Upon pulling guitar out I felt the neck and the frets sticking out!:( Uneasy I still plugged it in, and although it sounded a little trebly for the price I cant justify the instruments price $1,300 (made in china). I recently purchased a AMERICAN Stratocaster for half the price! The quality control of the wolfing guitars need to be addressed and I can not recommend them at all. I will give thanks to the staff at zzounds for handling my refund process in a professional manner and hope to do business with them in the future.

"Wolfgang Special Stealth Black" submitted November 3, 2012

By Nathan K in Brevard, NC
Musical Background: 25 years recording and performing musician
Overall: Let me say this: Even the most expensive guitars require a bit of tweaking to get them the way you want and this beauty was no exception. It is a beautiful guitar and had zero blemishes on the finish. It just screams cool right up my alley in matte black finish with all black hardware. I am not into goth but I love black. It has a basswood body, maple neck, ebony board and the dtuna on the Floyd Rose. It does not skimp on the real features we want the USA version for except it is a flat top and does not have the quarter inch maple top. That's ok by me. After I set it up it plays and feels great and the sound is well, EVH. The pickups are very articulate and push hard but retain great note clarity. The neck and bridge buckers are well matched and it's actually the first guitar I've owned that I actually like the sound of the neck and bridge pickups when on together. Harmonics are so easy and it's got a bigger than life sound. The neck is comfy and the hardware looks like decent quality. There was a quality issue though, the nut and washer had fallen off the output jack threads. When I found them in the case I found out the nut wouldn't fit the threads! On a $1300 guitar, really? I mean the but just slipped over the threads like a washer would. I had to switch out another nut in it's place. To me that's unacceptable. But everything else was good, real good. To my surprise, this guitar was made in China, I thought i was buying a Made in Japan, but apparently they switched to China. That's not a bad thing, at leasrt in this case, except for the output jack thing. The guitar is a bit overpriced but I suspect the case is part of the price tag. The case is bulletproof, very nice. All in all, a real good guitar, get one.

"EVH Special" submitted May 18, 2014

By James G in Fort Collins, CO
Overall
Musical Background: Since 1964, Guitars, Drums, Trumpet, Organ, Jam at home.
Music Style: Rock/Metal
Overall: Great Guitar for my collection, have not played it as of yet, but will in time, I collect guitars and have a collection dated back to 1964, but more serious starting back in 1975 with my Ibanez Artist and Gibson Les Paul Recorder, I currently have 26 guitars and will be looking to add an additional 4 more Gibsons. Keep up the good work and I will definitely be purchasing more from zZound instead of Guitar Centers

"Overpriced crapola!!!!!" submitted April 4, 2013

By E J in Princeton, NJ
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 30 years.
Overall: The pickups stink and it is difficult to remove them. If you want to install different pickups, you either have to shave down the metal on the pickups and/or rout out the pickup hole in the guitar to make it bigger so the pickup will fit. The Floyd Rose is mediocre and the d-tuna pops out when you dive bomb with the guitar tilted even just a little bit down. Mine had fret buzz and fret issues at the first 4 frets. I had Paul Unkert, the guy who built Eddie Van Halen's Frankenstrats, set it up and it is still crappy. This guitar should cost 500 bucks tops!!!! Maybe not even that much. Buyer beware!

"Wolfgang Special Stealth Black" submitted November 28, 2012

By Nathan K in Brevard, NC
Musical Background: 25 years recording and performing musician
Overall: Alright, let's get the negatives out of the way. First, I was expecting a Made In Japan model, this was made in China. I wish guitar manufacturer's and sellers could be a bit more forthcoming about where what they sell is made especially when dropping substantial amounts of money on music gear. Second, the output jack nut and washer were missing when I took this guitar out of the case. I found them in the case. Why? Because whoever was on the production line put on a nut that was missing threads and it didn't even have threads on it. It just slipped loosely over the jack's threads. That's just inexcusable and I almost returned just on principle for that fact alone. No way should a guitar costing well over a grand have something like that slip through QC. Ok, I'm done ranting. Now, the finish was superb and everything else was fine except it had an average setup done to it. I have adjusted everything to my liking and it also required a tweak to the truss rod. The sound and feel are excellent, the neck is crazy good feel and profile. The pickups are nicely balanced so the highs are smooth, not ice picky and the bottom end is round and definitely not boomy. Harmonics are pretty easy to get. The trem seems to be good quality and holds tune very well, though i wish the fine tuners had a bit finer thread to them, they seem coarser than I've seen before. The guitar is heavier than I expected which is good, it does not feel like a toy and the weight is nicely balanced, no neck dive. It's a great looking guitar. Overall, it is a really nice guitar. Not worth the $1300 price tag but it does include an awesome case so that helps justify the price a bit more. I would recommend the guitar to anyone who plays any style of music but it's really not a metal guitar. I'm glad I bought one but won't buy another Special.

When you call, mention priority code 14XL-MDPV. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976