When you call, mention priority code 1ZY-S882

Rating and Reviews: EVH Wolfgang Special

Shred like Ed on this very special Wolfgang guitar -- with a stunning flame maple archtop, a speedy maple neck and an EVH D-Tuna on the Floyd Rose tremolo.

"This Thing Rocks!!!!" submitted February 19, 2015

By a customer from gmail.com in Palm Coast, FL
Musical Background: Active Musician 35+ Years
Music Style: Rock, Dance, Poppish Rock
Overall: This guitar is one of the best feeling guitars I've ever held. The neck is super smooth and fast, and the action is amazing. I love the D-Tuna feature. It does require some fine tuning, but a huge time saver when throwing in a dropped D tune here and there. When I say this guitar never goes out of tune, I mean IT NEVER goes out of tune. It's a head turner as well. It bought the tobacco sunbust, and it is georgeous. The pickups are a little too thin for me, but if your handy with the EQ, it's an easy fix. I use it primarily with my Roland GR-55 and it is amazing. The guitar rocks. Worth every penny to me. The fact that zZounds payment program makes it so easy, it was a no-brainer.

"What I was looking for. " submitted February 14, 2015

By Jason P
Musical Background: Jam at home for 25 years on Guitar
Music Style: Rock, Metal, or whatever I can learn
Overall: I wanted a inexpensive guitar with two humbuckers and a Floyd Rose. Being a Jackson fan for many years before I went to Les Pauls'. I started off playing a few Jackson, Ibanez and then I played a few EVH Wolfgang USA/Japan models. I was impressed with the overall feel of the guitar. I just had to have one. Even though I've been playing since 1988 my skills are all that great and I couldn't justify a USA model and the Japanese models were flat tops. Which there is nothing wrong with the flat top. It wasn't what I wanted. I was glad when EVH(Fender) released a MIM arch top Wolfgang. I pre-ordered it and once I received it. Set up the guitar to my liking and played it for a good eight hours. The guitar is overall a good guitar. The fit, finish is good, plays great, sounds great, and sustains. The value of the guitar could be a little better. In my opinion it should be more aligned with other non-USA guitars in the value department. Again this is my opinion. Being a pickup winder and I was going wind a set for my Woflgang. I'm not as the pickups sound great and clear with high gain. I'm using a Tubemeister 18. ***I put 5 for MFR Support. This isn't true as I had to put something. I put 5 because I haven't used them.

"AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" submitted February 11, 2016

By Rod Gosser in Seattle, WA
Musical Background: 20+ year guitarist
Music Style: ROCK
Overall: I ordered the EVH Wolfgang Stealth Mexico model half expecting it to not have all of the features that I wanted, i.e. carved top, etc. But when it arrived and I pulled it out of the box, MAGIC!!!! This guitar is superb. The Wolfgangs are amazing guitars as is, and this one I bought as a starting point to build my own version on the EVH 2015 Tour Relic Guitar, and it is so beautiful I will have to order another one just to have a regular Stealth model. Free three day shipping, easy payments, incredible product (although not the USA model, the Mexico version I got is still superb), zounds.com will have a lot of business from me in the future. Highly Recommended!!! The only thing I had to do was unwrap it, and set up the Floyd Rose, Intonation, and set the action how I wanted. I do that all myself so that was no biggie.

"Glad I Did It" submitted January 17, 2016

By Michael Keiling in Rochester, NY
Musical Background: 35 years playing guitar
Music Style: Rock, hard rock. acoustic, Christian Rock
Overall: Best Guitar I have ever owned. Highest quality sound, finish and attention to detail . came set up from the factory right out if the box. Amazing neck. Incredible pick ups. EVH Floyd Rose with D-tuna never goes out of tune works perfect every time. I currently own a EVH striped series guitar that is s great guitar as well but the Wolfgang Special is definitely a better made, better quality guitar. Buy one you will be glad you did. I'm keeping this one forever!!

"This Wolfgang ROCKS!!!!" submitted August 27, 2015

By Robert Callahan in North Las Vegas. , NV
Overall
Musical Background: Playing since I was about thirteen.
Music Style: Rock, all!!
Overall: I used to have a favorite guitar and now I have a new favorite and the EVH Wolfgang special is it. This guitar is phenomenal straight out of the box. The tone, neck. Tremolo. All. 5 stars plus. If you are looking for a new axe I highly recommend this baby.

"Good guitar" submitted November 8, 2015

By a customer from gmail.com in Sacramento, CA
Overall
Overall: I've not played in years but started to again recently. Bought an amp, Boss gt100 and this guitar. The finish is great, I got the vintage sunburst model. The pickups sound good too. Very easy to play and fun to play once you set it up properly. The stability of the bridge is great, definitely stays in tune. The bad side, mine came with a couple issues. The selector switch has a short in it. Very annoying. Even at a grand, it should have better quality control. Also, the tone knob is very stiff. Volume is incredibly smooth, but the tone knobis very stiff and raised from the body too much. Setup was awful. That's not surprising, but a better setup out of the box would've been nice. It sounds like a Wolfgang. It has a lot of versatility to it. Without the issues, all tens. Mine could've just missed a little QC. I still love it.

"incredible!!! " submitted February 17, 2016

By J.R. C in Corpus Christi , TX
Musical Background: Been playing since was 13 I am 46 Guitar, Bass
Music Style: Classic Rock, Blues
Overall: Just got the guitar yesterday Vintage White (aside from the little Dtuna issue I am having) the guitar is incredible my feeling while playing the guitar I feel like a Les Paul and a Strat hooked up and this is the end result. Guitar was set up well no complaints. Thank you zZounds!!!!

"EVH WOLFGANG STEALTH SPECIAL" submitted March 9, 2016

By Luke F in Borger, TX
Musical Background: 23 years playing guitar. Gigging in a band for 8 years
Music Style: Rock, alternative rock, hard rock, blues, pop rock, classic rock.
Overall: Ordered a blemish and saved 200 or so dollars. When it came in I went over it and was unable to find anything wrong with it. Guitar plays and sounds better than my 2004 PRS CE24 so yeah I am more than satisfied with this guitar! It came setup just the way I like it straight out of the box. Floyd rose stays truly in tune better than any other floyd rose that I have owned and tuning was easier than most floyd roses. High quality built instrument.

"Beware Les Paul players" submitted October 10, 2016

By Joseph D in Allen, TX
Musical Background: 38 years as a performing guitar player
Music Style: 80s Metal and Classic Rock
Overall: Ok, so a I bought the EVH Wolfgang Special. Pulled it out of the box and it was absolutely gorgeous. It's a beautiful guitar. I loved the stealth black paint on the body and the neck was silky smooth. Here is my drawback: I'm a Les Paul player. I wasn't expecting it to feel like a Les Paul. I actually bought the guitar as a second guitar in case of string breaks, etc. I played the EVH at rehearsal the other night. The tone is superb on either pups. It cleans up very well by rolling the volume back. My only negative about this guitar is it just felt uncomfortable to play. That is only because I have solely played Les Pauls for years now. I am sending it back to order a Custom Lite Les Paul. ONLY because it just didn't suit my playing style. I didn't like that fact that the Floyd Rose can only dive bomb and you can't pull pack on the Tremolo bar because the FR sits on the body. Please, don't take my criticism of this guitar as the guitar is not a good guitar. The build is of high quality coming from Mexico. The neck is fast. But again, the only reason I don't like the guitar is because of how it felt to me personally. You may like how it feels. To each his own, right? Don't be afraid to buy the guitar. It's a quality made instrument! I didn't have any interaction with the factory but I gave it a 5 anyway. The only 3 star was ease of use because of how it felt, again.

"AWESOME, JUST SIMPLY AWESOME!!!" submitted July 3, 2015

By ERNESTO F in miami, FL
Overall
Musical Background: 25 years, guitar, bass, drums, play guitar for a band Radio Stereo in Miami
Music Style: rock, pop, funk, blues, reggae, Latin
Overall: Received this incredible guitar this week and playing it everyday! I've been playing guitar for more than 20 years on USA Strats, Gibson Les Pauls, Charvel's, ESP, PRS, just to name a few and all great guitars, but this EVH Wolfgang Special is outstanding!. The finish is impeccable, the overall quality is perfect for MIM. I was worried about the quality and they are very well built. I see why they are constantly on short of supply. Demand is high. All I did was lower the action to my liking, pluggd it to a Eganter Renegbade that I also purchased through Zzounds, set my settings and played for hours. Later played through a Mesa Boogie and Marshall and real nice sounds from all amps. Very diversified guitar for all styles of music. Clean channel sounds sweet. Roll down the volume and cleans up real nice when adding some fuzz/distortion. Guitar is a true screamer with great harmonics, easy bends, tight feel on the neck for very easy playability. The D drop tuner works like a charm. Even though I hardly use that, but nice to have when I need it. I honestly give this guitar a true 10 on a 10 scale. Very impressed with this guitar. They come with EVH strings and are pretty damn good. I use Ernie Ball Pure Nickel. Go ahead and buy it. I got the Tobacco Sunburst and just beautiful yet a rocking look.

"Wolfgang Special" submitted August 28, 2015

By Mike C in Atlanta, GA
Overall
Overall: I chose the black cherry burst and couldn't be happier! The guitar looks fantastic, feels fantastic, and plays incredibly well. The neck is its best attribute, as the back side is unfinished and not oiled down with anything. Feels great! I plan to buy another (natural finish).

"EVH Guitar and Amp" submitted November 25, 2015

By Leon Snow in Los Angeles, CA
Music Style: All
Overall: Unbelievably awesome....bought EVH guitar and twin amp....best purchase I ever made...WOW Factor 10+ (not enough stars)....I bet Fender is kicking themselves for not coming out with this a long time ago....If you are thinking about buying these and don't...you made a BIG mistake....10 stars across the board (even though 5 is all that's offered)...I have no affiliation with any of these companies...JUST DO IT...you won't be sorry

"EVH Eddie Van Halen Wolfgang Special" submitted August 5, 2015

By Jason S in Bristow, VA
Music Style: Rock, Metal
Overall: Purchased this guitar from Zounds and it arrived today. Guitar is very well made. Beautiful paint and just a stunning instrument. It is in need of a setup badly. I have a hard time believing that Fender would let this guitar out the door without setting it up. Now i have to spend another 200.00 to set it up correctly. Lots of string buzz. Floyd is different than what I expected but seams sturdy. Strings were rusty. Will need to change them now. Should not be the case with a 1000.00 instrument. Great looking guitar that i am sure will sound great once setup properly.

When you call, mention priority code 1ZY-S882. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976