When you call, mention priority code 146X-3NGD

Rating and Reviews: Van Halen 5150 III Cab

Not only does this cabinet boast the "EVH" logo on the front, but it also has the power to live up to Eddie himself.

"One of the best!" submitted June 21, 2012

By Matt C in Peoria, IL
Musical Background: 25 years plus
Music Style: All....
Overall: I reluctantly ordered this cabinet just because I wanted it for the matching 5150iii head. I already own a standard marshall 1960a cab with 75 celestions and a mesa oversized recto cab loaded with v30s. Also have a Marshall JVM 410 head. I didn't think the 4 20watt greenbacks would really handle two powerful heads and have no where near the punch and depth of a oversized recto cab. Wow! I was wrong. I can easily say that this cab brings out the best of both heads compared to my other cabs. As much bass as the recto even though this is a standard size cab. Really tames the harsh and fizzy sounds that these high gain amps can put out. Just flat out great rock and even thick metal sound. Recommend this cab with any head (so long as its not greater than 100w). Eddy did the tone chasing homework for us here. Cab is solid and made in Mexico. Which doesn't matter. It outways the oversized recto, its a beast. The EVH special blackback Celestions are UK made and not from their Asian factories. Again, probably doesn't matter, but just a point of fact. Also, do to the low wattage handling, you cannot run this cab in stereo. Its not set up to do that. Don't know of anyone who runs their cabs in stereo anyway.. tried it once and it was not good. Anyway if you have any doubts about this one, put them aside. You'll be pleasantly suprised.

"Awesome" submitted April 9, 2013

By Jimmy E in san diego, CA
Musical Background: 30 year player
Music Style: Rock/Metal Blues
Overall: Paired this with the EVH 50 watt head, but now I am having a hard time sleeping at night since I have finally found the tone I have been looking for for 30 years. At 50% volume this cabinet is thumping without any break up. 50% on the EVH amp is stadium capable trust me. This rig puts my Marshall DSL in the dust bin of history $3000 wasted. Buy this cabinet and the EVH head or stay in the stone age, its that good.

"Amazing Cabinet " submitted December 16, 2013

By Derek H in Indianapolis, IN
Overall
Musical Background: 9 years semi-professional musician.
Music Style: Metal, ambient, jazz.
Overall: This speaker cabinet is spot on, especially if you play hard rock/ heavy metal. I do have to say the low end and high-mids on this cabinet, are almost eerie in similarity to that familiar tone of the 70's we all know. I would say the only minor annoyance some might have is the position of the cabinet jack, as it is near the bottom on the back. The speakers in this thing are tone machines I'm still working them to a more solid break in, otherwise they sound great.

"EVH WOW" submitted April 14, 2014

By Jason O in Baxter, TN
Musical Background: Hard Rock/ Metal
Overall: I have a Marshall DSL 100 head and wanted the very best stack that I could find. After doing hours upon hours of countless youtube comparisons I decided that theses were for me. First off these are beautiful!. I got one of each! The tone from these are amazing and are great for every style. I play metal and with the right eq on the amp you can acheive just about anything. Spot on for old rock to any hard rock with little to no adjustment. Great bass response. I love them and I havent even broke them in yet.

"Amazing" submitted April 25, 2014

By LaByron Walton in Los Angeles, CA
Musical Background: Pro/jammer
Music Style: Rock, R&B, Metal
Overall: This cab to put it quite simply is amazing. Everything is just crystal clear on it. doesn't matter what I play whether its clean, crunch or distorted it handles anything that comes through it. One of the best without a doubt and I am so happy that I own it. If your serious about your craft and your sound get it!! Invest in yourself trust me it is well worth every single penny.

When you call, mention priority code 146X-3NGD. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976