When you call, mention priority code 171H-81RH

Rating and Reviews: Event TR6 Studio Monitors

45Hz to 20kHz Frequency Response. 6.5 in. Woofer, 1 in. Tweeter. XLR, RCA, 1/4 in. inputs.

"BEST IN CLASS...they get the job done." submitted June 13, 2008

By a customer from novusrex.net
Musical Background: Active Musician, Recording Engineer
Music Style: Progressive Rock
Sound: These are the second pair of nearfield monitors I've owned, having previously owned the Yamaha NS10s. The NS10s are way overrated, IMO. It took forever for me to get a balanced mix out of the Yamaha's(and I have FIVE stereo systems to test with, to include one audiophile system). On the other hand, these Event monitors are much more accurate than the Yamahas. Not even in the same league. I know EXACTLY where my mixes need to be in order to get them right. Granted, the bass response is lacking in these 6" monitors, as it does in most monitors this size. But I completely disagree with another reviewer who stated that low frequencies cause woofer flap. ON THE CONTRARY. These monitors have a VERY, VERY TIGHT bass response within their range(no lower than 45hz). Anything lower than that, of course, will not be clear or even present in the mix. If you want to mix dance, hip-hop or other forms of music that require frequencies lower than 45hz, I'd suggest you DON'T get these speakers; or couple them with a subwoofer. The music I work with can typically be rolled off at 60hz without losing much punch, while retaining clarity. So the lack of bass response below 45hz is not an issue with me. In fact, the limiting factor of these speakers at 45hz is PERFECTLY suited to my music. As far as clarity, balance and stereo image these monitors are EXCELLENT and are EASILY on par with monitors costing much more. The music I record and mix is very complex, having instruments all over the audio spectrum, and these monitors are DEAD-ACCURATE. So much so, that I've actually begun doing mastering with them and do so without hesitation. The mid-range response is excellent. You WILL be able to hear every nuance of your vocals and mid-range guitars and synths. So much so, that mixes via these monitors tend to be discouraging at times because of their brutally honest nature. Be prepared to ACTUALLY hear what you've recorded(scary accurate!). Feature: Features are typical for this monitor size. Nothing extraordinary. Ease of Use: These monitors take a little bit of work to "understand" how they function. If you are OK with monitoring in close proximity, then these will do the trick without having to sell the farm. These monitors were designed to be used in very close proximity to one another and to one's ears. I typically monitor using a 2 to 2.5 ft equilateral triangle. That is VERY CLOSE, I know. But at this distance I don't have to crank up the volume and I can hear EVERY nuance of the mix. I roll off at 60hz and whala! It's ALL there to be listened to. If you listen any further out than 3ft you start to miss the sweet spot of these monitors. This mandatory close listening proximity may not be for everyone. Some folks like to sit back 4-6 feet(or more) and crank it up during their mixing sessions. HOWEVER, please keep in mind that unless you have a very well-tuned room you WILL bring the room nodes into the listening experience and they WILL color your mix. This is where most people go wrong. They buy these Event monitors and expect them to FILL the room with sound. That is NOT what these units were designed to do. If you understand their purpose and work within those parameters/limitations you WILL get EXCELLENT mixes; GUARANTEED. Quality: Excellent build. Solid and tight package. Value: For the money, these are THE BEST speakers in the 6" class. No doubt about that. Have listened to a lot of them but the clarity of these Events cannot be surpassed. I have nothing but praises for these monitors. I've thought several times of "ugrading" to 8" units but each time I decided it wasn't worth it; and money was not an issue. It's a matter of being content with what you have. Why fix what's not broken?! Manufacturer Support: Only used them once and they were very good. The Wow Factor: The "sex appeal" is not very high on these because they require a certain amount of discipline that not everyone has, or is willing to put forth. Again, these are NOT for blasting and filling a room with sound, and for that reason alone many will be turned off by them. Overall: I can't give these a ten because they are not perfect. But they are certainly professional level units that, with the proper discipline, can yield professional mixes/masters.

"Clean and revealing sound for the price" submitted August 3, 2010

Overall
Music Style: Electronica and rock.
Sound: I like them, for the price. Clear and balanced with tight but limited bass. What I mix on these seems to translate well to other systems so long as I'm careful with the bass. The risk is always that I increase low frequencies to compensate for the lack of bass response. I agree with another poster who complains about the bass response seeming less than in the specs, but to be fair that info probably means that at the 45Hz point there has been a 10 or 20 db drop. So real world bass response is down to around 60 Hz. I circumvent by checking my mixes on good headphones, and then of course testing them on other systems. Overall sound: Excellent. Seems to reveal what is there, both good and bad. Feature: All the inputs and stuff I have needed. I would want a frequency curve adjustment (room adjustment) of some sorts as well as better visibility on the Gain knob. Ease of Use: position, plug in, turn on, voila! Quality: Looks well made, comes perfect from the factory, everything solid and nice. I had an amp failure on one speaker after two years though.. Which brings me to the support thing Value: Excellent value, holds its ground easily against all similarly priced monitors I've checked out. Manufacturer Support: I wish this one went to 11 :) After an amp failure on one speaker I needed to fix it. As an international customer I could either deal with the expensive as hell dealership in my homecountry (Everything in my home country is insanely expensive) or try to talk to the Americans. The Americans were extremely helpful, figured out what I needed and sent it to the people who were going to pick it up for me, making VERY sure that the part would make it on time. The personal touch at the company made a big difference. I received the amp and fitted it, everything beautiful after that. The Wow Factor: It's hard to rate the desirability of something you own, but they look nice, sound great and are competitively priced. Overall: I'll keep these until they break! Even if I were to upgrade my monitors I would still keep these for reference. Good: clear sound, clean and simple design, all required connections. Bad: Sensitive to RF interference

"UNBEATABLE VALUE" submitted July 16, 2003

By a customer from AOL.COM
Music Style: House Music, Club music
Sound: The sound is great, I also own a pair of Bose 301 Series IV speakers, and the TR6's sound a lot clearer and powerful. In comparison to the Mackie HR-624, the Mackie's are a lot better, fuller and more powerful sound. But they cost more than twice as much! There's is not much of a difference between the Mackie HR-624's and the TR8's though. Feature: You can adjust the input sensitivity and has plenty of input/output options. Does not have some cool features found on the Mackie's though. Quality: Great quality.....only complaint would be that they distort sooner than monitors that cost more than twice as much. And also, they are not as full sounding or powerful as Mackie's. But they still sound great. If I could afford to do so, I'd buy some more of these monitors for surround sound with my DVD player. Value: I don't think any speakers are nearly as good as the TR series that are in the same price category. I have not compared them. I paid $300 for Bose bookshelf speakers, and $400 for the TR6's, and the TR6's blow the Bose away. For the price, you cannot go wrong with the TR series. They are very clear and get the job done. They don't sound as good as monitors that cost more than twice as much, but they're close enough! Manufacturer Support: Service is great, wish the warranty was 3 years instead of 1 like the Mackie's. The Wow Factor: I'm real happy with this product. Except I think I am going to buy the TR8's to get more bass, and a little more umph. Superb value! You cant beat it! If you're rich, go ahead and buy speakers that cost twice as much, but you can't beat the value of Event speakers. They get the job done well, and for little coin. Overall: Unbeatable value, great clear sound. I think I may sell these and get the TR8's for more bass and a little more oomph. If I had a lot of money, then I'd buy Genelecs or Mackie's. These speakers get the job done for minimal coin, sound great. I wish I knew that these speakers did not have much bass, I should have gotten the TR8's for the fuller sound, I thought the TR6's would be fine though. They're real loud. The TR8's compare more favorably to Mackie's or other expensive monitors. Buy the TR series speakers if you want great value and great sound!
12 of 14 people (85.71%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"The Tr-6's do the Trick if you want a tight mix." submitted March 24, 2004

By a customer from anewsplace.com
Music Style: TripHop, HipHOp, electronica, organic
Sound: I feel the Tr-6 has great bass and is capable of producing quality mixes. However the highs are a little more exaggerated than when you hear the mix on different equipment. Feature: I like the multiple input options and that you can use them to pass through to a recording device for some analog recording. Quality: they seem to be solid. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to use the support and hopefully don't have to. The Wow Factor: After hearing these compared to the Alesis MKII, MAudio Bx5, Samson 65A, Behringer 8's I thought they seemed to be alot better sounding. Overall: I think I would keep these even if I got a larger more expensive set of monitors.

"Hot Monitors!!!!!!" submitted December 7, 2003

By a customer from alltel.net
Overall
Music Style: HH, R&B, Jazz, Soundtracks, and anything else that's hot!!!!
Sound: Sounded better than any 6" monitor. Feature: 3 types of inputs. Quality: Excellent Quality. Heavy Solid Construction. Value: The Best Sound at the Best Value $200 each. Manufacturer Support: Never used It. Overall: I don't know of any other 6" monitor that sounds better for the $200 ea.

"not worth it for me" submitted August 7, 2005

Musical Background: producer
Sound: they don't seem to overemphasise anything, but i am very dissapointed at their bass response. they are rated down to 45 hz, but i get noticable audible woofer flapping from anything below approx 70 hz. Feature: it's a budget speaker, so i wouldn't expect anything more than what is there, though i wish the power buttons were on the front. Quality: while RFI shielding is listed in the specs for these monitors, they pick up the radio quite well! i pickup 94.9fm very annoyingly. other people who live in my area (seattle) who have Events also have this problem. i sent them back to Event for an RFI mod, but there was no change when i got them back. my other friend who has genelecs does not have this problem. Manufacturer Support: the support team was pretty good. i had to stay on their tails a bit during my RFI mod, they did their best to help. Overall: i am already looking for another pair after having these for a year. i may end up just buying a sub and rolling off everything below 80 hz or so with the TR6's. then again, i'm real tired of hearing the radio on them when i'm trying to mix!

Event TR6 Studio Monitors Customer Review submitted October 1, 2003

Music Style: gosspel hip hop, R&B
Sound: These monitors SOUND GOOOOOOD!!!. Very flat, warm, clear, and I never get tired of mixing or listening to them unless I'm pushing the Hi's in a mix. They truly are WHAT YOU HERE IS WHAT YOU GET monitors. They are direct field monitors intended for mixing and close monitoring and if you use them that way you can't go wrong. In other words if you are looking for a bookshelf speaker or a playback speaker to impress a client these are not for you, you may want to try the TR8's, but for mixing in a room that is not so acousticly sound the TR6's are your monitors. If you hear it in your studio you hear it where ever you go. Feature: OK Quality: Leaks air around the lead power on light on the bottom of the woofer. Gets annoying somethimes when tweaking a bass line in solo mode. Manufacturer Support: don't no haven't had a problem. Overall: I love them. At this point because I trust them I would only trade them for the Genlec's

Event TR6 Studio Monitors Customer Review submitted December 3, 2006

Overall
Sound: I get a nice solid sound out of my mixes. The bass is very warm. Feature: I'm happy about the XLR, 1/4", and RCA connections!!! Ease of Use: Great sound!!! Quality: No problem here. The Wow Factor: They have a great look to them.

"Not what I expected." submitted July 14, 2005

Musical Background: commercials producer
Music Style: Synth, Dance, Rock
Sound: Have just replaced M-Audio BX5 with these ones. Dissapointed, in general. They probably give more low end, but pull out the headroom and the clearity of high mids. Bass doesn't sound tight enough to me, some very trusted records sound muddy, messy, I'm sorry. The feeling is like they have a build-in de-esser that licks out all transparency. Quality: They feel solid. Though one of my speakers had some ink stain on the front panel I could take away without any problems. The Wow Factor: I'd say they are good-looking. Overall: Listen them carefully in a treated room before buying. I bought mine via mail order, trusted the praised reviews (incl. this site) and not really happy at the moment.

When you call, mention priority code 171H-81RH. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976