When you call, mention priority code 1ZQ-HMTN

Rating and Reviews: Event Studio Precision 8

Magnetically shielded. Continuously variable input sensitivity. XLR and 1/4 in. connection.

"Read here if you're thinking of Factory Reseals" submitted January 31, 2008

By a customer from msitec.com
Musical Background: Former working musician; active recording engineer
Music Style: Rock; pop; acoustic; chamber music
Sound: Unfortunately, I bought the "factory reseal pair" to find that the individual speakers couldn't have sounded more different from each other. Listening to a mono source from them created two completely-different-sounding sources. After returning the speaker that I thought was the problem, I received a replacement which, though better than the first one, is still not an exact match the other speaker - something the hi and lo trim adjustments cannot make up for. As a result, the soundstage is flawed and it's hard to get a good read on them. I am sending the signal to them from an MAudio Delta 1010LT soundcard. For the record, though, the sound coming from the good speaker I have is amazing. However, I recommend against the factory reseals for 2 reasons: (1) quality control may not be up to snuff and (2) Event claims they don't "factory reseal" anything...which means these are nothing but dealer demos. Feature: Great adjustments on the back and great build quality. The high and low trim adjustments are crucial to tuning for a room. Quality: See above. The good one is of great quality. The other two I've received...not so much. Value: I'm callling this a "5" because, for me, it'll either by a 10 or a 1 once I get a matching speaker. Manufacturer Support: Event was very honest with me about my problems. They told me that ZZounds can call their dealer demos anything they like, but that Event categorically does not "factory reseal" anything and therefore the EVent rep told me that "factory reseal" is nothing but a BIIIIIIG stretch of the truth. The Wow Factor: Beautiful piano black finish. They look gorgeous. Overall: I'll reserve my overall comment for when (or IF) I ever receive a quality matching pair of these.

"Fantastic Monitors that won't break the bank!!!!!" submitted October 31, 2007

Musical Background: Hobbyist, Living Room Scratcher
Music Style: Scratch Music
Sound: Very happy with sound. I use it mainly for scratching and music listening (vinyl). I can hear everything I'm doing easily...mistakes too! Definitely no ear fatigue as others have said. Value: Definitely... and then some The Wow Factor: Beautiful piano finish. Nice for living room setup. Overall: I plan on keeping these and buying a couple more to use one day for home theater setup as well.

""EVENT active SP8" Don’t try them if you can’t buy them!" submitted September 20, 2007

By a customer from spray.se
Musical Background: Songwriter, Composer, Music Producer
Sound: Outstanding & Great! Especially if you like warm deep bass and crisp & direct clear mid, and sweet breeze High! I think it took over 4-5 years to develop and build them... Feature: I would like a digital input perhaps. I don't know, everything is just great with these! Ease of Use: Very easy! Quality: Outstanding Quality and a sexy look too! Value: If you buy, you will not regret or cry! Manufacturer Support: Good as like many other companies with them... The Wow Factor: An advice: Don't try them if you can't buy them! Overall: Great and Fantastic but don't try them if you can't buy them! One good thing that is great with your new investment in EVENT active SP8, is that you will use them in many years to come. You can even use them in 5.1 or 7.1 configurations like many already do in the film industry. It's not like other Studio equipments like your Computer, soundcards and DAW: s that you need constantly buy new and update. Good luck choosing your new investment! The Best Regards Freddie

"Better than the Mackie HR824 and KRK V8." submitted March 11, 2005

By a customer from nonagonstudios.com
Musical Background: musician, recordist
Music Style: Rock, jazz
Sound: I A/B'd these Events to two other popular 8" near fields in the price range, namely a pair of Mackie HR824s and the KRK V8s. In the room I was in, the Precision 8 provided the flattest response and the deepest, widest soundstage. Very detailed and very smooth. Imaging was almost perfect. Good low end extension too. I've never heard such realistic sound reproduction in a pair of active near fields. I think these are audiophile grade speakers. Feature: They are biamped 280 Watts - 200 Watts for the woofer and 80 Watts for the tweeter; they can get loud without distortion. I can't validate this because I didn't look at the back of the speakers, but the specs tell us: "Controls: Continuously variable input sensitivity; continuously variable high frequency trim; continuously variable low frequency trim; switchable 80Hz second-order high pass filter". Sounds useful to fix room and equipment irregularities. Value: Comparable Genelec, Adam, and Dynaudio models are more expensive but I think the Precision 8s are as good or better for less money. However the Events are a bit more expensive than the HR824s and V8s. I think they're worth it. The Wow Factor: Attractive because of the gloss black finish of the cabinet and its size, which seems to be somewhat larger/wider than others in its class and somewhat imposing. Other than the Precisions, however, Events are not sexy in my eyes. Overall: Was never a fan of Event until the Precision 8 came out. I'm planning on getting these because they offer near-perfect sound reproduction, difficult to find at any price.

"Event ASP8...perfect for rap/R&B/Hip hop tracks." submitted May 26, 2005

Overall
Musical Background: Engineer of 14 years.
Music Style: Rap - R&B - Hip Hop
Sound: The sound is absoultely beautiful. No harshness whatsoever, bass is great, mids clean and clear, highs smooth and clean. Feature: Beautifuly polished! Quality: The best made monitor I've seen to date. Value: Pair the Event ASP8 with Wharfedale 8.2A, and you have a set-up good enough to pre-master on. Manufacturer Support: Event has some great customer service. The Wow Factor: I WANTED it, and I got it. Overall: You cannot beat them for rap/hip hop/R&B, these are THE mons.

"Not as good as I heard!" submitted January 27, 2008

Music Style: hip-hop, alternative
Sound: Good sound (after they were fixed) but they clipped sooner than I thought. 200 watts on the woofer should blow your ears off. I make hip-hop, and the bass was good, but not what people say they are. I still rather have a sub. I got my Yammies to go louder than these (maybe something else was wrong with the drive, who knows). Feature: Great room control, and the bass ports in the front allow you to keep them close to the wall (if you have no choice). Ease of Use: Sure. Quality: Had to have one repaired. It appears there was a piece of the bass port plastic (from factory molding) rubbing against the drive (according to tech). I don't like the slight thump when turning off. I never had mons do this. I was told its because the amps are so big, and this is common. My Yammies,KRK's, don't/never do that!! They are big azz mons so you better have room and good stands. Value: TOO MUCH MONEY! Get Dynaudio, Adams, Genes for this money they're asking. Even better get Yamaha HS80's for $580 a pair!! and save money, they sound just as good in my opinion. Manufacturer Support: Felt like i was being rushed off the phone. They tried to tell me that the rattle/buzz i was hearing was normal from the mon. i sent back (before they fixed it). Warranty should be longer as I know a few people who have had issues with the amps, woofer, and the lack of internal quality build on these. The Event website sucks for any kind of support!!!!!!! The Wow Factor: Had them, fixed them, sold them after 4 months..........I'll pass. Maybe when Event evolves. Overall: I sold them after 4 months, lost one month(in which i waited to have the one repaired). Not built like other known brands (in my experience). Not impressed!

"WARNING!Good...When they are WORKING PROPERLY AND NOT POPPING AND SCRATCHING!!!" submitted January 16, 2007

Overall
Sound: Clear...sort of accurate but a little overrated Feature: feature back features to set according to your room. Quality: Had sooooo many problems with the amp blowing...I never even cranked them...Never! Value: Should sell for 300 a piece honestly. Manufacturer Support: Que, the guy who helps me is cool with helping me get the first monitor fixed but now, the second one is acting up and can oonly be repaired for 400 bucks....its very sickening that Ii paid so much for these things and they give me so much trouble. The Wow Factor: Really wish I had of bought mackie monitors Overall: Just to many problems...good when they work but the tech department read me my entire rap sheet of problem none of them which were caused by anything I did wrong....but now they dont want to repair it.

"simply best in their range" submitted February 18, 2008

Music Style: ambient, drone, techno
Sound: you know, everything about sound is strictly individual and subjective. to me they sound fantastic! it's just a pleasure to compose on them and simply to listen to the music too. i've heard opinions like 'they might be bassless depending on the room' but isn't it obvious that the sound of any *****$ mega-monitor can be spoiled by an untreated room? i cranked them up to power led blinking (which means the amp being overloaded) only twice solely in order to demostrate their power, when the amp sensitivity was set to -20dB and to -5dB. and both times that was unreasonable loud, i wonder how loud would it be with sensitivity set to 0 dB! yes, there was some distortion which is no wonder when amps are overloaded. but you have a HUGE headroom until the led runs into blinking. your ears will rather give up before :) in few words their sound is: precise, tight, clean and true. Feature: all necesary controls are present, though i think it's always better to tune the room, not the monitors. for the ones who prefer tweaking the knobs, it might be of use to have the controls snapping to certain positions and being a little bit more precise.. Ease of Use: what could be easier - plugging the xlr, the power cable and turning it on? :) they sound great right from the box. Quality: almost flawless, excepting tiny traces of glue where the woofer is attached to the ribbon ring. and also on one monitor there's a screw a bit displaced from the center of its hole in the tweeter's case. Value: was thinking of genelec, krk and something else, but event ASP8 is the best for its price among 8" monitors under 2000$/pair. IMHO Manufacturer Support: i was wondering if the power-off slight thumping is normal and asked them via e-mail. they answered the next day and it wasn't a bot answer. i was reassured about that phenomena. The Wow Factor: they are even too beautiful, a have a headache removing dust from its black polished front. really, i wish they were rough so i wouldn't worry about scratches and fingerprints on them :) Overall: my pair of ASP8's is for years, i think. i just love them.

"Like hearing into the heart of the space in your songs." submitted January 4, 2007

Musical Background: Musician, former recording engineer
Music Style: pop, rock
Sound: In one of the 3 online magazine reviews I found (all 3 gave absolute rave reviews, zero issues found of any significance), they guy said that some will find this monitor to sound "bassless" depending on the room, but that if you throw heavy bass at it it responds perfectly, and his conclusion was that the bass response is pretty much perfect down to the rated 35hz. I find this comment about sounding bassless to be true. CD's I play through these that I know to be bottom heavy sound about right; CD's that have solid but not hyped bass sound a little bass-weak. My room is not yet treated, but a Mackie S8 I tried sounds fine on the bottom end, almost too much and I found myself trying to stuff foam rubber into the ports on those, which didn't help (really nice monitors for the price, and not even fair to compare to this Event monitor which is 2.5x more expensive). So I dial in a subwoofer in my small project studio and it's fantastic. This monitor is so smooth and clean and transparent in the mids and highs, can really hear deep into a mix, very detailed yet not clinical, it's musical. They're out in the middle of the room, and when I turn them toward the other side of the room the bass is more prominent but still not quite enough. I'm mixing mainly rock so my ears just want to hear more bottom than my room is allowing to happen with these. I'm in danger of mixing in too much bass if I don't include the sub. So yes they're amazing sounding, and the bass is probably dead on accurate if your room and ears are good. Feature: Like the variabal EQ pots instead of just switches. I don't like the idea of eq'ing monitors at all but in my room they really just sound more right if I dial down the highs just a little, and the bottom up a little. Ease of Use: Easy. to use. Quality: Solid. Heavy. Value: not cheap, but great Manufacturer Support: don't know The Wow Factor: I have it. Overall: GREAT monitors, I should be set for years to come, and that's what I wanted, that's why I spent beyond what I had planned.

"Awsome speakers" submitted September 1, 2005

Overall
Sound: These sound amazing, uncolored and clear. Very good frequency response. Feature: Came with plain power cables, and very brief documentation. Quality: It seems well, very shiny. The only thing is there is no exposed heat sink to kill all the heat from the big amplifiers in em. The glue for the inside part of the woofer is a tiny bit messy. The Wow Factor: Its just a speaker, but it looks nice and its shiny. Overall: I hope to have these a long time. Its not kevlar woofer / ribbon tweeter, but its awsome.

Event Studio Precision 8 Customer Review submitted February 13, 2005

Overall
Sound: These monitors sound great and translate well to other systems. Its nice to really be able to hear my mixes. These are as good as I've heard in personal monitors. I gave it a 9 because I'm sure someday I might find something better someday... I spent quite a bit of time looking and listening and these are truly value for the money. Feature: The trim pots seem to do what is needed to help tune them to your environment. Quality: The power amp and the materials all seem top notch. I'm not really a fan of shiny things but I've grown to like them;-) Value: Sounds great at a good price... Manufacturer Support: Never had to deal with them... The Wow Factor: They are monitors... tools... a category that in this business is a necessity. Overall: Great value and Great sound.

When you call, mention priority code 1ZQ-HMTN. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976