When you call, mention priority code 171G-NWD1

Rating and Reviews: Event 20/20BAS Speaker

Hear every detail with Event 20/20BAS studio monitors. Highly praised by the industry, these bi-amplified powered speakers are driven by Class AB amplifiers.

"Great monitors" submitted October 30, 2011

By a customer from maineberrys.net
Musical Background: long time hobbyist
Music Style: Rock with a bit of whatever moves me
Sound: I am impressed with the sound from these monitors. My listening position is a ~38" triangle. The monitors sit on MoPADs tilted slightly downward. I use the balanced inputs. I've been using primarily 6" monitors and these keep all the highs and smoothly extend the lows. They handle high volume very well and have a fairly large sweet spot. I find ear fatigue very low - they are an easy speaker to listen to. They do not have a harsh mid or upper mid range, but detail and sound stage is well defined. Mixes translate quite well between these monitors, various headphones, and the few other speakers I've compared. I currently drive them from a MOTU Traveler, which does not have the quietest outputs. By comparison with other powered speakers I believe the 20/20 bas V3 monitors to be quiet with little if any self noise. My inputs are a mix of analog and digital, mostly instrumental. I find that the monitors are very revealing on the few vocal tracks I have mixed. The character of each voice is well preserved in a two voice mix. For comparison I've played various CDs through the system. The monitors perform well on music ranging from jazz to rock/prog to orchestral. They reproduce sonically challenging parts like saxophone wonderfully. Feature: These monitors come with a power cord and a quick setup chart. I'm using the balanced inputs, the unbalanced are capped. They have controls for power, gain, high shelf and low shelf on the rear. The pots do not have a center detent. They are marked at min center and max. In my configuration all controls at center work fine. Construction seems solid, and finish leaves nothing to be desired. Ease of Use: Controls on the back are common, but setup would be easier if the controls could be reached from the listening position. Some digital systems have self setup, speaker links, etc. I almost hate taking a point off here, but there are "easier" monitors to use. That said, unless you move them around, set them up once and you are done. I leave them "on" and switch power on and off from a conveniently placed power bar. Quality: The speakers are matte black. No finger prints here :) They seem well made, solid. All edges are rounded except those on the rear. The EVENT label in the lower left front glows yellow/orange when power is on. I expect these to last for a long time. Value: I am extremely happy with the value of the 20/20 bas V3. In comparison with other monitor speakers in this price range and even a bit above I think these are very competitive. You're ears will have to be the final judge. I got the "monitor pack" which included MoPADs and On Stage monitor stands. I have much more solid stands for the 20/20 bas V3. I would be wary of putting such a large speaker on the On Stage stands. I have similar stands for smaller speakers and will use the new set to complete a surround implementation. The MoPADs will come in handy. Manufacturer Support: N/A to date The Wow Factor: I have it. Black box is not flashy. Glowing "EVENT" gives a warm feeling. These are monitor speakers - it is all about the ears, and my ears like 'em. Overall: I do not expect to replace these. I would get another pair if they were lost or stolen. I have older (PS6, TR5) Event monitors with which I've been happy for what they are. Over the years I tried the TR8XL and Studio Precision line. Good and great sounding, but had numerous early failure problems and did not stay in the studio. Under new management with a reputation for quality products, Event got one last shot at my studio, and I think they hit the ball out of the park with the 20/20 bas V3. They make me curious about the Opals, but 20/20 work just dandy in my home studio.

"Great sound for a great price." submitted October 31, 2011

Musical Background: Musician, Recording Engineer
Music Style: All types.
Sound: I've had these monitors for a little over a month now and I am very happy with the sound quality. When I originally received them, I connected them with RCA cables instead of the XLR connectors because all of my XLR cables were otherwise occupied. I bought new XLRs and switched them out within the week. I noticed no difference in sound between the RCA and XLR cables (at least to my ears.) When I first connected these to my set-up they seemed a little bass heavy but I have since realized that it was due to my control room set-up. They are much larger than my previous near-field monitors so I had to set them up pretty close to the wall. I have since moved my workstation and my monitor stands further from the wall and now they sound beautiful. These are the highest end monitors I have ever owned personally so I cannot compare them to any other top of the line speakers but I will say that they were well worth the money and I have absolutely no regrets about going with these. The only down side is that I can hear how horribly mixed my older recordings were. I do not hear any noise whatsoever when there is no music playing and I've put my ear right up to the speaker and cranked the gain. Great sounding product. Feature: I purchased these from zzounds.com and they came with free Auralex Mopads and independent speaker stands. Those were a lifesaver. As far as the 20/20s themselves, they only come with a power cable and an XLR plug to fill the connector and reduce noice if you are using unbalanced RCA cables (which is great to have.) There is an EQ on the back of each speaker so you can adjust for your room acoustics if necessary and a gain knob that goes from -12db to +12db. I have not had to move the position from 0db since I've been using them. You just control the gain through your console. If you are set at 0db however, it goes from no sound to loud the second you start pushing the level. If you have a problem with that you can adjust the speaker setting to a lower level. These things get pretty loud. Ease of Use: They are basically plug and play. It doesn't get much easier than that. Quality: I haven't attempted to drop one of these but I can imagine that if I did, it would probably go right through the floor. These are extremely well built and solid. They are HEAVY too. Difficult to properly place on a high level speaker stand if you are alone. As with most monitors though, there is nothing actually protecting the speakers themselves so be careful removing them from the box. Do not put your finger through one of the tweeters trying to pull it out!! Value: I got these on sale which was a major factor in my purchase, but, knowing what I know now, I would have spent more on them. The Wow Factor: There is nothing "sexy" about speakers. The front has a light-up logo that is kinda neat when the lights are dim but other than that I don't know what to say. Look at the pictures of them and you can see what they look like for yourself. Overall: Unless something goes seriously wrong with one of these, I expect to use them until they die on me. As far as near-fields go, I will most likely have no need to purchase a different set of monitors.
16 of 19 people (84.21%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 171G-NWD1. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976