When you call, mention priority code 20G-8TL4

Rating and Reviews: Evans EMAD Head

Two dampening rings create a system that produces a highly articulated but natural attack with good dynamic range and sustain.

Overall

"SOLID, DURABLE HEAD! GET IT! GET IT! GET IT!!! URRRRRGH!!! :p" submitted November 24, 2003

By a customer from pacbell.net
Music Style: Hard Rock
Sound: This thing blew my expectations out of the water! The sound is a great improvement from my old head. It is a solid, punchy, and boomy attack. It is very loud, and the best part is, no need for a pillow, or towels, or sleeping bags, or anything. If you want a solid, punchy, and boomy attack, buy this outrageously under-priced head, and stick it on your bass drum. Rock On!!! Feature: Features are excellent. There are 2 dampening rings, and a flap on the top to stick them in. The dampening rings differ in size, and both have different effects on the dynamics, sound, volume level, and pedal response. Again, no pillows, blankets, or internal muffling. Also, mine(I bought it at a local store) came with an Evans EQ patch. Goody-Goody Gumdrops! :) Quality: This product is what the drummer ordered, and has high quality. It will probably last me years. Short, but sweet. Value: This is one of the most inexpensive bass heads. I could get a head half as good from remo for a much higher price. Simply put, it is cheap. Manufacturer Support: Not much here. The Wow Factor: I have been wanting this for years, and I finally got it tonight. I was itching to put it on my bass drum, and I was satisfied. Finally, I can play in satisfaction. Yeah!!! Overall: So, if you buy this head, you have made a good choice. You will love it, and you get like 14 Evans Players Points for it. Just buy it if you don't like the bass sound, and you will not regret it.
14 of 15 people (93.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Nothing less than the best." submitted January 25, 2011

Musical Background: Active Musician / Recording Engineer
Music Style: Rock, Metal,Alternative, Country, Pop, Dance, Hip-Hop, Jazz
Sound: Exemplary in all categories Feature: This head is amazing for changing your tone on the fly! From song to song live you can change the way your Bass drum sounds. It's everything you'd expect from Evans and more. Ease of Use: VERY easy! Quality: Fantastic Value: Great Drum head! Manufacturer Support: Don't know. I haven't had to use them. The Wow Factor: An AMAZING practical addition! Overall: This is the best bass drum head purchase I've made. It's versatile and well worth the investment.

"Proffesional head for such a great value" submitted June 25, 2007

Music Style: Rock, Metal, Alternative
Sound: I am currently using a Tama Swingstar, which, if you are a die hard drummer like me, should know near all Tama basses are 22". I was using a Remo Pinstripe 2ply before I got the urge to finally get this head. If I had one word to sum up the Remo Pinstripe (not to mention in comparision of the EMAD) I would say "EWWW." It was nasty, flat, and dull. The only thing that head was good for was saving room in my closet [if you know what i mean. After one month of use, I busted it. I figured since this head sounded so bad, I thought it was the bass drum itself. Well I got the courage to go buy the Evans Emad. I was psyched from the first moment I bought it. I kept taking it out and playing with it, tapping it with my finger and listen to it lightly hear it really..and i mean REALLY...deeply boom. I finally got home and put it on the bass. I use Pearl 2002C Doubles, and I went to buy a double Falam Slam impact badge, but instead they just had singles. The singles came in a pack of two, so it was a buy since they were about 4 bucks cheaper than the doubles themselves. I got home and put it on bass finally and slapped the Remo Falam Slams on there and happily put back a damn wardrobe back in my closet no thanks to the Remo Pinstripe. I put on the smaller dampening ring and set the bass back up ,put the pedals back on, and I set my foot down on one of the pedals. I giggled like a little school girl. You would not believe the difference of the sound with this head! It was the greatest bass sound I have EVER heard, and I've played on many sets including MANY DW sets. This is my permanent bass head choice. Its got amazing response and beautiful sound. Check this--I toom that Remo Pinstripe and cut a hole in the center by a coffee can which 1) put a perfect hole and 2) took out the rip/tear/whatever you wanna call it. I went and bought a chrome front head ring and put on that hole i cut out. The extra dampening ring from the Evans EMAD and taped it in small 8 different spots on the ring and put the ring on the back of the Remo head alinged with that pinstripe they put on there and put on the front of my bass. It sounds even BETTER now!!! This took a bit of work, but you wouldnt believe the sound. Feature: It came with those two different sized dampening rings--depending on how you play, what style, etc. on which one you use (I play more hard rock stuff to metal to punk so I used the smaller one), and it came with an Evans Impact Badge, but honestly, don't use it. They wear out so quick. Go get a Remo Falam Slam. Ease of Use: I didn't have to spend 3 hours trying to tune it to a mediocre sound, I put it on there and tightened it evenly, then spent about 5 minutes tuning it and got it to sound very good near instantly. Very very easy use. Quality: Mine is an EMAD2, which just means its a 2ply. Which the Falam Slam impact badges, no worry of ever busting one. Its made VERY well. I even shook it a little here and there just to see if it could stand up, and I swear you could nearly stop a bullet with it. Doesn't mean to go out and try it! You get the idea. Value: I spent 50 EVEN for the head and the impact badges. Great value Manufacturer Support: Well from the store I bought it I knew the guy so he gave me all these pointers. I have always used Evans, and they have great customer service. The Wow Factor: For a head, the dampening ring around it just gives it that look like either "Im loud as hell" or "I plain flippin' rock!" Overall: Single handedly the best bass head I've ever played with. No 'iffys' about the head.

"Highe Quality and Definitive Sound" submitted October 23, 2007

Music Style: rock/jazz/blues/hip hop
Sound: This head gives you the definitive bass drum sound for hip hop. The rings are useful in manipulating some overtones but I still have to keep a small blanket in my drum in order to achieve a completely dry sound. But let me tell you--the sound is loud and will make you feel it in your chest. This head sounds very different to the drummer and to the audience, respectively. When I first played with this head, I thought it sounded frickin' magical but when I listened to the drum being played by someone else, I almost crapped myself because it sounded even better--so powerful and deep. Feature: The control rings are best used (for my needs) as fine tuning volume controls in live situations where mics are not needed. I have a small blanket situated in my drum such that it touches both heads somewhat. This gives a completely dry sound no matter if I am using either control ring or even no control ring at all. Without the blanket, it was impossible to get a fully dry sound out of the drum with any tuning. Even the largest control ring doesn't cut all the overtones. Also, the head came with an adhesive-backed cloth protective badge. It is a simple bonus but at least it doesn't affect the attack of the head like some other protective badges do. It's good quality. Ease of Use: For what this head actually is, it is extremely easy to use and kind of revolutionizes bass drum heads. The rings are nearly effortless to change and provide adjustment of your sound without having to take the head off. That by itself is a dream come true. Quality: The head is very high quality and durable. The accessories that come with it are durable as well. It all looks very cool, especially when you have the wide ring in. It looks tough as hell. Value: This head gives you a very covetted sound. It is well worth the price and more. Manufacturer Support: I don't know. The Wow Factor: This head gives you THE sound. Plus, it looks totally awesome. The bottom line here is you will constantly be getting comments at your shows about how deep and loud your bass drum is. I've been asked what kind of drum mic I was using for the bass when I wasn't using one at all. How's that for sex appeal? Overall: Basically, if you buy this head, you will be getting the best head you could possibly own. It's that good--but more for its overall sound than it's overtone-controlling foam rings.

"After installing on two wildly different kits, theses are a keeper" submitted May 1, 2006

Musical Background: Active musician, Engineer,
Music Style: Hard Rock, Contemporary Christian,
Sound: I went through 4 different heads, 22" evans eq series etc.. I bought this just to see what would happen. this got deeper than I ever heard my bass drum get (late 1970's Tama Chrome wrapped Rockstars). all pillows are back on the bed! LOL.. I bought a second matching set for the church (catalina birch 22" drum) and its awesome how much the tuning range is. this is a keeper setup. the bottom end was so full and deep. almost heart stopping. Feature: changeable/removable rings.. also have the fron matching emad. works great together. Ease of Use: easy !! Quality: no problems or studio and live situations. sounds great in either application. Manufacturer Support: dont know about support.. but rating high .. The Wow Factor: sheer genius due to the rings.. about time someone made these things! Overall: I have found a head that will change as needed.. this will be the standard equipement on two drum kits.

"THE BEST DRUM HEAD THE CHEAPEST DRUM HEAD YOU CAN GET AND USE." submitted October 9, 2005

Overall
Musical Background: I,ve been playing sence I was about 6 yeras old.
Music Style: Gospel, Gospel Rap ,Rock ,Jazz, R&B ,Blues ,Funck
Sound: I would characterize this product as ver excelent.The sound quality is very excelent. The sound responce to me the way I wanted it to responce to me. The sound is expressive. The product does acheieve the sound I,m looking for. It is compatible with my style of music. Yes some sounds are . It sounds great by it self. It would sound great with other products. It would sound very good in a recording. It sounds depper or brighter, It depends on the drum set you have. I,m using my Zildjian A Custom cymbols and mymatching Evans Heads. It sounds very good. No because it already sounds good. Feature: I,m not so sure. Everything was useful about this product. Nothing was hte least uesful about this product. None. I,m not so sure. I feel fine. Value: Yes it is. The Wow Factor: I would rate it for very good looks. Yes it does. Overall: For Evereerererererer. I would never replace this item. Nothing because it is the greastest every made. I,m not so sure. I could,nt because it has the best sound looks. I chose this product because of its sound looks and other reasons. This product does help me reach my mucisal goal. No I would,nt I would go to another place and buy it. Nothing. I like everything about this product. Nothing.

Evans EMAD Head Customer Review submitted March 23, 2005

Overall
Sound: This head improved the sound of my bass drum by at least 70%. I've played drums for over 20 years now and cannot belive that this drumhead has single-handedly been the best investment for sound quality I've made in my kit for the last 10 years. I've recorded with this head in my home studio and played gigs and let me say that NOTHING compares to the awesome sound that this head will give your bass drum. You could probably put this head on a trash can and make it sound like gold. Get this head if you're even remotely thinking about it. It's worth three times as much money. Feature: The bass drum has two dampening rings for the batter head. I like the thinner dampening ring for recording and the thicker ring for live application. If you want a more open sound, you can entirely remove any dampening ring at any given time. Quality: So far, I've banged the heck out of this head for a month and it shows little sign of wear or tear. The Wow Factor: The compelling allure of this head is the sound you will have with your bass drum. It will give your bass drum that dream sound you know it's possible of achieving.
10 of 12 people (83.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 20G-8TL4. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976