When you call, mention priority code 16X5-3RV7

Rating and Reviews: ESP LTD M-103FM Guitar

Get heavy metal tones and fast-action with this beginner electric guitar. It features a Thin Flat Maple neck and ESP pickups.

Overall

"An excellent all-around guitar for a wide range of styles, esp. lead" submitted July 15, 2011

By a customer from jasonaaronwood.com
Musical Background: Solo Artist, Session Musician, Film Composer, Teacher
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Neoclassical, Shred, & Spanish Guitar
Sound: The stock pickups sound great! I have really grown since getting this guitar due to the different tonal qualities I can get from its different pickup selector positions. A lot depends on your amp sound, but I can hear every nuance and articulation of every note on this guitar with the sounds I use. I almost gave it a 9 instead of a 10 because the single coils are kinda noisy if you use a lot of gain... but then again, they're single coils; when isn't that the case? Of course you can always upgrade if you want something specific, but these stock pickups do the trick! Feature: The floating tremolo system is actually my #1 favorite out of the 10 floating-trem guitars that currently I own, and is also one of the best I've ever used. It is extremely responsive, and it has enough bounce in it to get a nice flutter, something I've struggled with on some of my other LFR-trem guitars. I like the HSS pickup configuration on this guitar, as it gives me lots of tonal options. I can play clean and atmospheric, clearly-articulated bluesy parts, crushing metal riffs, and shred up a storm on the comfortable neck. 24 frets is always a winner with me too; the neck is ultra-comfortable all the way up. As for accessories, I bought mine used, so none came with it. Until I got this guitar I had strictly been a neck-thru contruction guy, but this is one of the most comfortable guitars I have ever played, ranking above some of my $1,000-range guitars in some ways. Ease of Use: As I said above, the 5-way selector switch and HSS pickup configuration provide the potential for quite a bit of tonal variety. It is great for lead guitar, especially. Quality: This guitar measures up to my $1000-range guitars, and even surpasses them in some ways in comfort and playability. For $299 you get much more guitar. This guitar is my first ESP/LTD and has made me really consider just going with ESP/LTD from now on. Value: Again, this is a whole lotta guitar for $299. I got a used/blemished one and ever since, now I'm looking at LTD's for my next purchases based on this great guitar. Manufacturer Support: ESP did it right the first time, so I haven't needed to contact them. The Wow Factor: Not intentionally, I came to own nothing but strat-shaped guitars with 24 frets and floating trems, so this one called to me the moment I saw it in the store, more for features than for looks. The see-thru black looks pretty cool; more interesting than just flat black. I've never been a fan of the look of maple necks, but I went with it anyway, and my tone is thanking me. And the price was great. So it's growing on me. Overall: I'd buy another one for sure! A great all-around guitar for a wide range of styles, for a reasonable price.

"Can;t buy much better for the price" submitted July 30, 2012

By a customer from hotmail.com in Warner Robins, GA
Musical Background: Started playing the summer of 1988
Music Style: Metal, hardrock
Overall: I bought this guitar two weeks ago and have literally played it every single day. When I'm at work I can't wait to get home and play it. Always thinking about it. I absolutely love the wide flat maple fingerboard. A shredders dream. I bought an Ibanez Jem 505 last year because of the maple fingerboard with dots, and I feel this is just as good and feels almost identical. The finish on the guitar was flawless as well. Beautiful flame maple top. Only thing I changed on this guitar was the bridge to a Dimarzio Evolution. Sounds Amazing.

"Fiercely Wicked Value!" submitted October 1, 2013

By Nathan K in Brevard, NC
Overall
Musical Background: 30 Years performing, recording.
Music Style: Rock, Christian, almost anything.
Sound: There is a lot of tonal ground to be covered with it's H-S-S setup. A humbucker in the bridge position with middle and neck single coil pickups. These are some of the better sounding stock pickups I've heard in my 30 years of playing guitar. The middle and neck single coils sound just fine and the humbucker covers a lot of territory but in a slightly generic sounding way. Stock pickups are usually intended to cover a lot of sonic territory and usually don't do any particular area very well. It is true here. Fine for all around tones but I will probably change it out for something that fits my style specifically. Feature: Features 3 pickups, a single tone and single volume knob, a 5 way selector switch and a Floyd Rose Special. Awesome! Ease of Use: Take the time and adjust the Floyd Rose, action and intonation correctly. This is one of the areas guitar companies save money when pricing budget guitars. The tech's at the manufacturing plant do not spend the necessary time to set up and adjust like more expensive brands do. I always expect to have to set up a budget instrument. I did this and it works flawlessly and stays in tune! Quality: Very well made! The frets, the neck, the paint job, everything is top notch. Value: Fiercely wicked value! The Wow Factor: Amazing! Overall: Great value for the money! Stunning to behold and an absolute pleasure to put your hands on and play. You won't believe the value when you see first hand the build quality and flawless finish. Good quality hardware. I will buy another soon.

"Ruff Around The Edges" submitted July 14, 2009

Musical Background: Studio Musician
Music Style: Hard Rock
Sound: Definitely want to get some new pickups of your choice in this guitar if you want to get a great sound out of it. The stock pickups are fair if you're just going to practice in your room. Feature: I love the locking tremolo, it's the reason I bought this guitar. The frets are a bit awkward, but you get used to it. Ease of Use: It's ruff around the edges of the neck. I've heard it's normal on most inexpensive guitars, but this was the first time I've noticed since playing guitar. Quality: It looks nice and plays well for the price. I love Jackson guitars much more, but this guitar isn't the worst I've ever had. Value: You could do worst, but I wouldn't buy another one if something happened to this one. If you can afford something better I'd advice you go for a wiser investment. Manufacturer Support: Never needed support. The Wow Factor: In another review I read someone stated that this is a beginner's guitar with a locking tremolo. I happen to agree. Though to be fair the guitar is good looking. Overall: Overall, this guitar is great for those that want to spend some time customizing it in the future or those that are seeking a low priced locking tremolo guitar. Other than that I'm sure if you read more reviews you'll find better options.

When you call, mention priority code 16X5-3RV7. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976