When you call, mention priority code 16HW-56JT

Rating and Reviews: ESP Standard Eclipse II

Strap on, plug in, and rock out with the ESP Standard Eclipse II. Dual active humbuckers and a set neck give the ESP Standard Eclipse II serious rock power.

Overall

"ESP will put hair on your chest and make your stones drop" submitted February 15, 2008

Musical Background: Active (gigging, recording) Musician
Music Style: Metal
Sound: When I first brought it home, I noticed the sound was a little weak. Well, since the pickups run on batteries I had to change them. When I opened the backplate I realized why -- the battery was still the original one from Japan! Well, I changed it and the sound is everything I hoped it would be. Finding the right tone was easy, it responds the bass tones pop more, it works well with my wah, whammy and phase shifter pedals and sounds amazing when played clean. The first thing I did when I picked it up in the store was play it without even plugging it into an amp. You can tell you have a quality instrument if it rings out acoustically. And through the noise of people chatting and players trying out other instruments, the thing could still be heard clearly! I was...amazed. Feature: It doesn't have a whammy bar, but I never use one any way. The tuners are locking but because it's an ESP I don't expect it to go out of tune... It comes with two volumn knobs and a tone knob, which allows me to customize my sound and find the best tone for what I'm trying to say with the song I'm playing. It has a three piece neck, ebony fretboard and the body is mahogany with a maple top, perfect for sustaining notes. The mother-of-pearl inlays are also quite stylish. The neck is in a thin-U shape which is good for smaller hands like mine. The body is a singlecut shape like a Les Paul, but instead of being a thick slab of wood, it contours to your body which makes it more comfortable to play. Ease of Use: As mentioned, it has a thin neck which is good for smaller hands. I find myself able to move about the fretboard with ease. The three knobs were kind of a pain to get used to, but once I did I was rocking! Because I have an ear for music and emotion it was easy to find the perfect tone for expressing my thoughts -- no matter what they are. Quality: It's an ESP, meticulously crafted from choice woods by the hands of little old Japanese men and then sent here! How could it not be the best, most precise guitar on the planet? The bridge was a little off and the action too high from the fretboard but that's understandable and I took care of that. There was nothing wrong with the paint job, everything was pristine and beautifully made. I know I can depend on it no matter what get's thrown at it. I had an LTD that stood up to the worst beatings and this this is a hundred times better made. Value: I think the price is perfect. ESP set out to make a damned good guitar with the specifics relating to Zakk Wylde's Grail Les Paul, but they wanted to make it better. That's just what ESP does. They make things better. If Les Pauls are $2,000+ and this thing is LESS, but better quality and more comfortable, then hell yes is it worth it! Manufacturer Support: I have not dealt with the company, but I don't think I'll need to. It comes with a lifetime warranty and I have insurance that does not effect that. I'm set for life. The Wow Factor: This guitar, in vintage black, is damn fine! It looks like solid satin, and that's the only way to describe it. I first saw it advertised in the June 2005 issue of Guitar World magazine, and I saw that it won the "Platinum Award." The more I read, the more I fell in love. I knew I had to have it, for tone, for looks for everything. You're crazy if you think this thing is ugly. Every detail exudes desire. Overall: Basically, in light of everything I wrote, I was looking for the perfect guitar for me. Something that fits my ideas, my physical needs and my love of vintage looking guitars. It is designed after the Les Paul but goes above and beyond the standard settings. When playing anything -- rock, metal, classical, folk, blues, or anything in between -- this thing delivers. And you know that if you pick this thing up, you have the classy look to play any of the styles of music I just listed, but also have the metal crunch you need to make noise like Death scraping his scythe around an ICU ward. Some people may complain that active pickups catch certain noises and squeals, but I think those things add to nuances to player's styles. Happy mistakes that add to the music are what guitarists like Kirk Hammet, Randy Rhoads and others have done to make certain songs perfect. The bottom line is this guitar looks and feels great, and will help you perfectly capture everything that you want say with sounds. If you just want to take your playing to a new high, or want to experiment with sounds, then this guitar will help you every step of the way.

"ESP Elcipse 2 FR" submitted May 7, 2012

By a customer from gmail.com in Oakland, CA
Musical Background: Fusion
Sound: The sound is fat and liquidy when dirty, full and warm when clean. The EMGs repsond to my touch and adds a little extra to it. Sounds great ij all positions, especially neck pick up. i play it thorugh a Line 6 spider valve 2X12. i could do a whole jazz, or metal gig with this guitar Feature: Featuruese are simple . I do not like too many knobs. it has three, 1 tone and 2 volume. Nice nick but can get a litle tight at the top. Plays fast and frets are big Ease of Use: Plays fast and frets are big. Quality: My first all mahogany bodied guitar. I like the different sound of the wood. I love ebony necks. The EMGs milk every drop of wood into and out of the pick ups. Lots of volume and not noisy. Value: Best valuse out there for top level guitars. i have plasyed them all and this is definately top level. Mine was $1900, i [played it for 30 minutes back and forth with a PRS custom 22 ($3500) and i'll take the FR Manufacturer Support: Easy to reach and informative,. The Wow Factor: It looks beautiful . Jet black finish, nickel hardware !!!! Overall: Have owned one brand new since 2009. PRS player for 15 years prior, Les Paul beofre that, strat etc. I'll take the Eclipse hands down. I gi exclusively with the Eclipse because it meets all of my needs both clean and overdriven.

"backpedaling!" submitted June 9, 2008

Musical Background: Semi-Active Musician
Music Style: Metal,Progressive Metal,Hard Rock
Sound: I Like the sound. Love the sound actually. It's the amazing scream of the standard ESP EMG 81 and 60 p/ups. Love it. Feature: I have made a grave mistake. I reviewed this guitar after playing it for 60 seconds after some guys concert. He has bad strings, bad shorting out (self put-in) EMG 85 and other things. I reviewed the product earlier and said it was horrible, but, I must confess, This is a good guitar. I tried it at a local music store for a while on a nice amp and good strings. I still love my EC-1000. It plays better than anything (but this... its a little nicer) I must say. This is a good guitar. The lack of the 24 XJ fret neck kind of disheartened me at first but thats one loss in the midst of beauty. The bone nut is great quality. The inlay is beautiful and the finnish in vintage black you can't get over. (I thought it only came in red/wine red) Ease of Use: It plays like butter. It's a little hard to hit the high notes because for some reason, ESP didn't think it necessary to put on a 24 fret neck but, it's still nice. The slim neck is great. Amazing for fast paying, divebombing, and big, long slides. The body is a little sharp and in some spots digs into your ribcage. Not like a knife or anything. It's a minor negative. Quality: It's good quality. Though it seems a little strange that they charge so much for this when you can save some cash and buy a EC-1000. (which is what I did. Good choice overall) But ESP knows how to make a mean guitar. Value: Value is okay. I would only pay $1,200 for it and thats pushing it. It seems a little odd to make this when you can pay 400$ less but its still good and I would be happy to upgrade. Manufacturer Support: I couldn't tell you. Though I hear there's a lifetime warranty. The Wow Factor: A thousand images just popped into my head... This guitar included. (you can't get sexier that Vintage Black on a very Metal guitar!) Overall: Overall this guitar is a nine. I like it, the way it plays, the sound it puts out and the features it carries. There could be some tweaks made but, in the words of the Rolling Stone's "...You can't always get what you want" For this guitar is more like, You can't always get what's PERFECT. The is an excellent beast and I would be happy to upgrade in the future. Sorry for my previous rant...
13 of 19 people (68.42%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"WORST EVER! Get a Squier instead" submitted February 10, 2009

Music Style: Metal, Techno, Bluegrass
Sound: This guitar sounds like a dying cow. Feature: No whammy bar? Unacceptable. Ease of Use: Fretboard feels like sandpaper. Knobs don't work. Quality: Paint chips and electronics fall apart. I could've made a better guitar with a cardboard box and some markers. Value: I wouldn't pay a dollar for this POS. Manufacturer Support: I told them how bad this guitar was and they hung up on me. The Wow Factor: Looks like someone took a dump on a guitar hero controller. Overall: Stay away.

When you call, mention priority code 16HW-56JT. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976