When you call, mention priority code 1750-L2YG

Rating and Reviews: ESP EC-50 LTD Guitar

Perfect for beginners, this affordable electric guitar from LTD will blow you away with its powerful sound.

"Irresistable." submitted January 12, 2004

Music Style: New age metal
Sound: For the price, the soung quality is amazing. ESP sells pretty decent sounding passive humbuckers. I play mostly metal so it is ideal. You have to work at it to get a decent clean out of it though. Feature: It came with a chord and an ESP catalog. But I didn't get a manual..just a warranty tag. I ended up finding a manual at a dealer. As far as the guitar, electronics seem to be holding up. The tuners only last from one to two hours depending on how you play. It could use some locking tuners. Quality: You take a chance at getting a lemon when you buy a guitar for $200, but this guitar is outstanding for the price. Thusfar it seems to be a well-made peice of equipment. No loose-ends, and it plays very well out of the box. Value: How the hell can you beat the price for this sexy thing. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to call them yet. That's a good thing. The Wow Factor: The finish is outstanding, I'm just waiting for my first ding. The body has all the Les Paul apeal you need, but with that evil ESP kick. Overall: I am incredibly satisfied with this instrument, but if your planning on dropping some active humbuckers in it, it may need some work and money to arrange the passive setup into an active setup. I was going to drop EMG-81's in but it cost too much. The sound is incredible, but I think I would have payed less to just buy another ESP with 81's already installed. Reflective finish, strong tone, easy control, and a bang that will blow you away. Buy it.

"Surprisingly well built for the money - great band for the buck." submitted July 8, 2009

By a customer from nortonmusic.com
Musical Background: Pro musician
Music Style: M.O.R. - adult
Sound: Sounds good for overwound humbuckers, but a pickup upgrade would be worthy (as with most low-end guitars). I replaced the stoc pups with GFS Mean 90 pups and it sounds great. Feature: Two volume knobs, one tone. I re-wired it for one vol/one tone and put a Varitone in the unused pot hole. The features are hard to rate, because I got what I expected. BTW, someone mentioned that it doesn't stay in tune well. Putting some pencil lead on the nut when re-stringing (I do this with all my guitars) and a little snugging of the screw at the end of the tuners to tighten them up and it stays in tune as well as my Gibson ES-330, Parker PM10 and Epiphone Casino Ease of Use: The neck is simply fantastic. Good access to the control cavities so it's easy to work on. It has tuners, volume and tone knobs. Every guitar player should know how to work these ;) Quality: I was surprised at how well this guitar is put together. Finish and fit were flawless. However, the pickup switch feels a little flimsy and probably won't last as long as a US made switch - (same switch as most other low-end imports I've seen). The wiring was done very well and the wires were dressed very neatly. Even the insides of the control cavities were completely painted. I now use this as my main gigging guitar in my duo http://www.s-cats.com, and leave the Gibson and Epiphone at home. Value: This is very good bang for the bucks. Manufacturer Support: I haven't used customer support so I can't rate it. I upgraded the pickups, re-wired, and installed a Varitone by schematics I found on the Internet. The Wow Factor: It looks "Les-Paul-ish" and it is supposed to look that way. The contours make it easy and comfortable against my body and arm, and it is well balanced. Overall: I am a professional musician, doubling on sax, wind synth, guitar, flute, vocals, drum controller and sometimes keyboards. This has become my gigging guitar. I like the sound of the GFS Mean 90 pickups I installed, I like the one vol control near the little finger of my picking hand, and I like the weight, feel, neck, and balance of the guitar.

"Cheap and of good quality." submitted July 8, 2005

Musical Background: In a band and recording engineer
Music Style: Metal
Sound: This axe sounds pretty good overall. I'm not a fan of the pickups though, but of course, for $200, I can settle. I can okay clean sounds, but this axe is much better with some distortion. Feature: An allen wrench, chord, warranty card, and a catalog came with the guitar. I really like having two volume knobs, so when I use distortion, I lower the neck pickup volume to where I only get a clean sound, so I have three different sounds with a flick of the 3 way switch. Quality: I admit, I have dropped and wacked this guitar a couple times, but it has held up incredibly well. The worst part is the finish. I have the black, and it scratches oh so easily and it show every single immaginable mark. Value: I doubt that you're going to find a better guitar for the price. If you can bear the finish (I can), then this is a great deal. Manufacturer Support: I did contact the company and I never got a response. The Wow Factor: If it wasn't always so dirty with all of my pick marks and finger prints, it would be a lot "sexier." Overall: I don't plan on selling this guitar, and it is my second favorite guitar (behind my Les Paul Custom). There are better guitars out there, but not for this price.

"Very Nice for the Price!!" submitted March 14, 2005

By a customer from cingular.com
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Jazz
Sound: Has good tone range and the pickups work pretty well. Feature: I like the jumbo frets and shorter scale works better for me because I have smaller hands. The lc100 pickups work well and the hardware is pretty sturdy Quality: The is a real solid guitar. I was worried buying a guitar for $200 but it was well worth the money. I tried a ton of guitars at guitar center and this but could not find this one in any store. I went out on a limb and it payed off. Value: This is a nice instrument for the price. I would have payed $300 + for it. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed it. The Wow Factor: very atractive guitar. Has a les paul feel with a modern look. Overall: I will probably play this guitar for the next 3-5 years before thinking of upgrading
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"$200 AWESOME METAL GUITAR, DOUBLE OCTAVE NECK" submitted October 19, 2008

By a customer from att.net
Overall
Musical Background: active musician, recording engineer
Music Style: hard core punk metal
Sound: i play in a hardcore band, tuned to drop B and i love this guitar, when i play it through my 5150 the sound cannot be beat. i have tried to match it to my epiphone les paul custom, and the sound of the open low B is better on my EC50. worried about $200? no way. i have had to do minimal maintenance, but i beat the daylights out of this thing. i recently acquired a more expensive LTD, and i can't use it, i like my EC50. Feature: the guitar did not include accessories. i personally only like the bridge pick up. so i am happy with the bridge pickup. Ease of Use: no manual, really playable. Quality: again i love this guitar. the only things that i have broken are silly like i popped the spring and screw that hold the pick up in place. Value: you can't beat $200 for a guitar, i have taken this thing around the country and it rules. Manufacturer Support: i have emailed esp twice to purchase a matching pick up for my nice LTD, since i love my EC50, and no response, i have heard from friends who are endorsed that they have horrible customer service. i still love my guitar. The Wow Factor: i heard they make it in "burst" finish and i want another one. Overall: i have been playing it for 5-6 years now, and as long as they don't change it will keep playing it, if i broke mine, i would be buying another one.

"Epicness" submitted December 10, 2012

By Borna Loncaric
Overall
Musical Background: I've been having and playing this guitar for seven months now and it's outstanding. I play guitars and pianos, mostly at home!
Music Style: Heavy/Nu/Alternative Metal, Metalcore
Overall: This guitar is just... Perfect. It's easy to play, sharp tones and has a lot of power. For about 300$ you probably couldn't find a drastically better new guitar at that price range. It also screams metal, so you metalheads should definitely get one of those! It's a monster for beginners, but average and intermediate players could find it pretty sweet too!

"perfect lp knockoff for the price" submitted April 6, 2009

Musical Background: active
Music Style: Grunge, Hard rock, metal
Sound: The pickups kinda suck, they're just plain passive pickups, but if you change the strings to something thinner like 9's it sounds better, definitly not for metal or power chords. If you play rock or more picking style's it's perfect. Feature: It has the features a guitar needs. Ease of Use: Ease of use depends on experience. Quality: For the money this thing is perfect for a les paul knockoff. Value: Perfect price for beginners to intermediate. Manufacturer Support: dont need it The Wow Factor: Love it Overall: The only thing is the pickups, but you can always upgrade.

"buy it while its at $200!" submitted February 6, 2005

By a customer from cox.net
Musical Background: in a band
Music Style: classic rock, 80's metal
Sound: This thing is amazing! I bought just because my other guitar broke and was going to buy a better one. Instead i stuck with this the neck is perfect for blazin solos and perfect tapping. i barely have to push down! Feature: Hey its a guitar. what features does it need? Quality: It is very light which is cool. its been banged around alot and still one piece. only the volume nob keep popping off so i cant turn it. Value: For 200 it is like your stealing it. my other guitarist in my band has a les paul studio and he envys me! Manufacturer Support: yes The Wow Factor: This beast molds to your body when you play it standing up by the way it is made. which is very cool kinda wish it had the cool scales that the higher ECs have want to buy another in black Overall: incredible, want another. the next guitar i get will probably just be a higher version EC. like a EC-400

"An awesome guitar for the price" submitted October 27, 2007

Music Style: Clasic Rock, Metal
Sound: This is my first guitar.. i bought it from my local pawn shop. I haven't heard it with the driginal pickups but i have on select and one emg hz.. its sounding pretty good so far Feature: If I got it new it would have been better. It comes outta tune easy though. Ease of Use: well outta the guitars I've played I like this one has been the easiest to play. I have gotten some really great sounds from using it from a crappy amp. Quality: ehh. one of the strap things is loose and i cant seem to get it back in. that is the only thing bad about it. but it is very durable. I have never had to replace volume knobs though Value: im not sure.. i bought it for 150$. it has an awesome sound for a guitar of that price Manufacturer Support: I have never delt with them The Wow Factor: i realy like the les paul design and how it has the curves on the edges. it molds to my body. But I have seen way better Overall: Im lokking for a new guitar right now but i will always continue to play this one.i really like how it doesnt get dinged up easy but i dont like how lots of parts on it keep coming loose

ESP EC-50 LTD Guitar Customer Review submitted January 21, 2008

Overall
Sound: well, the only guiatars ive been playing are starter guitars. (epiphone sg, a fender...squier lol) i consider this a begginers guitars and it rocks!! the sound is advanced compared to my brother's squire and my friends sg. its very metal. Feature: the pickups are cool, but i agree that it gets off tune too easily. and the volumes and tone tend to get a little frustrating to set since they are not marked 1-10. Ease of Use: although the volumes are troublesome, modding the sound is quite easy. a guitar you can pick up and play is my kind of guitar. thats why the simplicity of this guitar interested me as a first guitar. Quality: its look is very simple and boring. ive seen the more powerful EC designs yet, it makes all the guitar players at school wet and that,s cool with me. this is a very durable and easy to clean guitar also. Value: This was a deal. i could of paid 300 or more for a starter guitar that sounds like a starter guitar in my local guitar shop but i got a kick ass pickup-attached guitar for a steal! Manufacturer Support: Havent had to deal with them yet. now i know why ESP/LTD is so confident about their products. The Wow Factor: like i said, it is not very appealing to me. the reason i bought it is because its a starter guitar but i will always love it as my first. Overall: great for all those wanna be rock stars (including me xp). this is an ideal guitar for a backyard punk or metal gig.

ESP EC-50 LTD Guitar Customer Review submitted December 1, 2007

Musical Background: Active Musician, hobbyist
Music Style: Metal, Rock
Sound: The sound is very good for metal which I play. But for tapping solos it wasnt as good...thats ok though. Overall the sound was awsome. Ease of Use: I got this guitar used from a local music store and it still got amazing sound, fast action. Very playable. Quality: This product is very well made. It was used so the fret board was a bit scratched up other than that the whole guitar was in perfect condition. I have other guitars and this guitar goes right up with my Ibanez Rg350Ex Value: It is worth what I bought it for.

"Love IT!!!!" submitted March 22, 2007

Music Style: Metal
Sound: Great soud With my Amp's Overdrive feature. Love The fact that Metallica's James Hetfield uses ESP's Too. Feature: The knobs came off after a while but it was ok (I got better ones). other than that it's great. Ease of Use: Yes the neck could have been a little wider for my large fingers but other than that it makes great sound. Quality: It's taken a beating from me and still kicks ass. Value: Good value even though mine was a gift so i cannot talk. Manufacturer Support: not needed. The Wow Factor: I love my guitar. it's very very sexy. Overall: It ROKZ!!

"it sucks!!!!" submitted February 1, 2009

By a customer from Hotmail.com
Musical Background: active muscician
Music Style: rock/metal
Sound: the sound is ok. in mine i swithched out the esp pickups for seymour duncan jeff beck jazz model pickups......i suggest getting the pickups potted after u get the guitar.. Feature: there isnt really much to this guitar...its mostly a starter guitar, but be aware u will upgrade soon after buying Ease of Use: this is the part i didnt really like...the polyuerathane paint chips extremely easily and the wood is very soft...i also hate the neck....since esp decided too make the back of the neck the same finish as the body, your hand sticks to the back of the neck vey easily. Quality: the overall quality is ok.. Value: this should be worth a little less than it actually sells for Manufacturer Support: havent used it The Wow Factor: the color is very nice..... Overall: i am already searching for a replacement

"Don't get this." submitted April 20, 2006

By a customer from wavecable.com
Music Style: Speed Metal, Thrash, Hard Rock
Sound: The sound is buzzy and artifical Feature: Just your standard features and might I add the knobs are extremely frimsy. Ease of Use: I have to admit is very playable and easy to reach chords and higher notes and such. But still, sound is a big factor. And on this guitar. It stinks Quality: Durable and tough, all cept for the cheepy knobs. Value: I guess it's an okay price for a crappy guitar if you don't got enough money. The Wow Factor: Ugly guitar is all I gotta say. Overall: I don't recommend this guitar. If you're on a tight budget check out the ESP Explorers.

When you call, mention priority code 1750-L2YG. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976