When you call, mention priority code 12FJ-V6W5

Rating and Reviews: ESP LTD EC-401VF Guitar

The ESP LTD EC-401VF offers a modern twist on classic design. With Seymour Duncan pickups and a mahogany set neck, the EC-401VF rocks.

ESP LTD EC-401VF Guitar Customer Review submitted March 2, 2009

By a customer from att.net
Music Style: Jazz/R&B/Neo-Soul
Sound: I just got this one Saturday morning...I played a gig with it that night. The sound is warm and pure through my Fender Deluxe. I own a Strat,Gibson and and Epi and this thing made me leave them home. I only raised the neck pickup...it was that ready to play. I have 25+ years of professional gigging under my belt and was blown away. Feature: I give it a 9 because it didn't include a case. However at this price point I gladly bought onel separately. Ease of Use: The tone on this runs from babe to beast. It can be mellow but when I cranked it for solos it pushed through the mix with no problems. Quality: I was suprised that this level of playability could be bought for so little. Iwent into the store hoping to pick up a spare axe and it moved my more expensive/popular axes to the background. Value: Most bang for the buck I've touched in many years. I'd have paid twice as much for it! Manufacturer Support: The warranty looks good but I haven't needed support. The Wow Factor: Get yourself one...if you like the look and feel of a Les Paul, you'll want this and you can buy two for the price of the Gibson. Overall: Look...this axe is as versatile as they come...hot pickups, great action, and sturdy. Tonally it is rich and loud as required.
25 of 26 people (96.15%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Rockin' in Dallas" submitted July 18, 2011

Musical Background: Many bands, right now hobbyist
Music Style: Blues to Metal
Value: If you are wanting a Les Paul and are looking at an Epi, do yourself a favor and just get this. It's quality far surpasses the chinese Epi's, the tuners are great, and the Duncans are killer. The finish is spectacular, with bookmatched maple cap. Seriously, get this thing. You'll be amazed, and you'll have enough left over for a decent tube amp. Overall: If anything happens to mine, I'll get another one, it's that good. I have literally owned over 50 electric guitars, lots of Gibsons, and these ESP LTD continually blow me away with their quality. I also am a luthier, have worked for the major manufacturers and some small ones, so I know good stuff when I see it and hear it. Who cares where it's made, as long as the quality is there.
11 of 13 people (84.62%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Best Les Paul copy for under $1,000" submitted December 23, 2009

By a customer from excite.com
Musical Background: guitarist
Music Style: blues rock and jazz
Sound: Beautiful guitar with no blemishes, I own a Gibson Les Paul Standard 1989 and this ESP really is almost as good and cost 1/4 the price. Grover tuners and jumbo frets with the Seymour Duncan pickups instead of the EMG actives make this a rare guitar for the ESP or Schecter crowd. I own several guitars in this price range such as the Paul Reed Smith SE Custom and the Ibanez Artist 420 but this ESP seems slightly more solid in build quality. The ESP has a narrow thinner neck than my 1989 Gibson.

"You truly don't need to pay 1000's for a quality guitar." submitted June 26, 2010

Music Style: Gospel,Praise and Worship,Blues
Sound: Great sound out of box.Hard pressed to tell differance between this and a Gibson.There is some tonal differances but nothing major that would warrant a 2000plus price tag.The Duncan 59 in the neck seems just a but muddy not much(this is why the 8 rating) I will be tweaking the hight adjustments this should do the trick as these are my fav pups.The JB in the bridge surprising is clean crunchy bluesey and I can even get some really good thrashy tones out of it.Great sound.Clean this guitar is incredible add some OD and WHOOAAH!But it is a controlable sound good tones. Feature: Basic features for a Paul type guitar.I still like indevidual tone knobs but not enough to handicap the rating on this guitar.I like the earvanah nut system.Gibson missed out on this one. I do wish in middle p/u selector that the volumes were more independant of each other.It would add so much more versatility to this guitar. Ease of Use: Very easy. If you cant play this guitar and need a helpers manual you may wanna switch to playing spoons. Quality: Seems as well if not better then the big "G" brand.Im imppressed at how well the binding is set.Also take a look in the cavity for the pots and you will see one the neatest areas ever on a guitar. Im very impressed, Pull ties and everything, Excellent. The finish is excellent also. Value: Wonderful value.I would have had to pay at least 2000plus to get a guitar that was even as close to this quality. Manufacturer Support: I've never had to deal with support so cant rate it.Would imagine it would be good. The Wow Factor: Feels great when playing it.Im a strat man and the transition when I switch guitars is very easy. Neck is fast and frets feel great.Chords are super crisp and articulate.All I did was change gauge and brand of strings from the stock ones.May need a slight tweak to neck(trsuss rod adjustment) now that its aclimated to my home and the wood has settled properly. Overall: I dont expect any issues with this guitar. Meets all my expectations and goals music wise. Id only get rid of it in trade for a LP goldtop.If not this is a keeper

When you call, mention priority code 12FJ-V6W5. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976