When you call, mention priority code 1565-JNVV

Rating and Reviews: ESP EC-256P Guitar

Feel the power of an ESP EC guitar with a vintage flair.

Overall

"Wowzers what a cool guitar. " submitted November 18, 2012

By Dan P in Plano, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Musician since Highschool, I play Guitar, Bass, Drums, Keyboard, Vocals.
Music Style: Classic Rock, Hard Rock, Electronic, Trip-Hop, Lounge.
Overall: So I ordered this in Metallic Gold on a whim because I like P90's and I figured it'd be a nice cheapo to jam on, etc. Well I pulled it out of the triangle box and took all the wrapppings off and it was like whoa, this is a cheapie? Here's the thing. If you took the 256P off the fretboard and handed it to someone who knows guitars, they would most likely be way impressed like its an $800 (or more) guitar. I've have Gibson's, Fender's PRS's, and many more and this guitar still blows me away. If you like anything but metal, you'll dig this guitar. Metal pretty much requires Humbuckers, or Singles and P90's are such a different animal. If you know P90's then you know this but if you don't then here's my take on them and this is my 3rd guitar with 'em. P90's sound similar to single coils on clean so they work for Blues, Country, Jazz, Rock but they react to distortion/fuzz different than 'regular' pickups. It doesn't take as much distortion/fuzz as the regular pickups to get 'em going. Also they sound different than you remember your pedals sounding on regular pickups so its like you get to explore all your gain pedals again and your favorites may not be your favorite with P90's but one's you didn't like so much before may sound just right with these. P90's sound great playing classic rock also because early guitars often had these before Humbuckers came out or got popular. Some people call these pickups 'soapbar' pickups but P90's are the real name I'm thinking. Another thing is since P90's are single coil's I switch to both pickups when using distortion and that 'bucks' the hum if you knowhatamean. By the way, the attention to detail is seriously superb on the one I received. The classic looking knobs look great and have that expensive dampened feel when turned and they don't touch the guitar's finish like some I've seen. Also the gold metallic flake top is very beautiful and the cherry looking wood sides and back are equally gorgeous. it was made in Vietnam and that's fine with me as it truly feels solid, has some weight to it and the look & sound is extraordinary to my eyes & ears. These seem to be hard to find so If you are wanting something like these, then I would get one. I almost got the black but I hate gold hardware and I'm so glad I got the metallic goldflake finish. I've got way too many guitars but If I only had this one I would have just as much fun. This plays easier than my Hansen Cigno St that also has P90's. The Hanson has a 50's style baseball size neck & this has the 60's style slimmer one, yeah!

When you call, mention priority code 1565-JNVV. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976