When you call, mention priority code 161Y-WJDF

Rating and Reviews: ESP EC-1000 Deluxe Guitar

The ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe is a speed machine with the tone and feel of a custom-shop thrasher, at a price that will have you rubbing your eyes in disbelief.

"Buy this guitar. You'll love it forever." submitted March 11, 2007

Music Style: Metal / Hardcore / Blues
Sound: I could write a novel about the sound of this guitar - no matter what model you have. So to put it extremley brief: the mahagony gives it a tight, warm, resonant base for the pickups to build on. The EMGs are 81 and 60 (bridge and neck, respectively) and are, shall I say, hellacious. The 81 rips out intense distortion for all you metalheads to play juicy squeals and harmonics - perfect for leads and tight/heavy riffs. The 60 is soft and smooth, great for legato playing or soulful soloing. For those who have the JB and the 59, let me just say this: Lamb of God's Willie Adler uses the exact same setup on his ESP guitar. Got it? I own the model with the EMGs, and for those that boo the clean sound, I'd like to disagree. Just put it on the neck pickup and it'll take off a lot of the bite. Dont feel like you have to pay high prices for a great sound - look no further than this guitar for any genre. A++ Feature: Mine shipped with a manual, some crazy ESP stickers, and allen wrenches for adjusting the hardware, but I didn't need to adjust it one bit. This guitar has fabulous intonation because of the way it's designed - to start, it has a tonepros locking bridge (so the bridge will not move at all no matter what you do to it) and that makes the tuning a lot easier when changing strings. Then you move up to the headstock and find both a compensated nut and locking machine heads (which you don't have to unscrew or anything like that, they just lock the string in place so you dont have to wind it around the post and risk slippage) Ease of Use: Playability is outstanding. Like I said before, this thing can crank out some wild sh*t if you know how to play. The neck is also nicely shaped - not too thick that you cant play solos really fast, but also not so thin that you can't have a nice full grip on it. Quality: Made very well. There was absolutley nothing out of place or wrong with mine and the guitar itself makes for a very durable road guitar (just ask all the bands that use them). However, I advise against getting the Satin Black finish (Vintage Black I think they call it) if you're the type of person that is a total neatfreak about your guitar. Mine has the Satin finish and it is very prone to scratches / blemishes if you don't treat respectfully. If you don't want to worry about scratching or things like that and you still want EMGs, just go for the regular gloss black or the black cherry finish - they're a little more easy to keep clean. Value: Best. Price. Ever. Pretty much everywhere you look, this thing is selling for WAAAYY under what it should be. You're basically getting a Les Paul with better pickups and neck (that's easier on the shoulder too) for less money even than a studio guitar. Ridiculous value. Manufacturer Support: Though I've never personally delt with them, ESP is a company that caters to guitarist's every need to make them happy. After all, they specialize in custom guitars - why wouldn't they act the same with customers? The Wow Factor: Pretty much any variation of this guitar will make people crap themselves when they first see it. Overall: Overall, this is simply the best guitar out there for those who like a hot sound. Im not saying it doesnt also work for softer music, but it really strides in the high distortion area. The only reason I can think of why anyone shouldn't buy this guitar would be that they want to do whammy bar stuff. Anything else, and you've got it all here in an affordable, sexy, tight little package.

"ESP Creates Another Top Notch Guitar" submitted August 14, 2007

By a customer from ca.rr.com
Musical Background: Guitarest for Punk Band - My Sweet Revolt
Music Style: Punk, Metal, etc
Sound: This guitar has the perfect combination of EMG's, 81/60. It creates the best sound no matter what type of music you are looking for. If you want a clean, blue's sound, flip the switch up and use the neck pickup. If you want a modern metal sound used by bands such as Killswitch Engage, flip the switch down and use the bridge pickup. Also, the humbuckers work to perfection on this guitar as there is absolutely no feedback when you are not playing. Feature: The ability to control the sound of each pickup individually is the most important feature that this guitar possesses. It allows you to pinpoint the exact sound and tone that you want out of the guitar. Ease of Use: Not much to say here, it's pretty much as simple as this: pick it up, adjust the volume, and play. Quality: This is where this guitar scores...the neck of the guitar is extremely smooth, and fast. There is absolutely no struggle when trying to slide up and down the fret board. Also, the body of the guitar is absolutely beautiful. I own the vintage black model with the gold knobs, the texture of both the knobs and the body are so detailed, you want to show the guitar off to all of your friends. There are no words that describe the way the guitar is visually put together. Finally, the guitar is very sturdy, it can take quite a beating. Although it is very sturdy, it is also very light. Which makes it easy on you shoulder when playing shows. Value: Like many other people have said, this guitar is pretty much a Gibson Les Paul for around $2000 cheaper, and with many more color choices. It is an extremely good value. Manufacturer Support: I have not had to deal with ESP support The Wow Factor: After playing this guitar, I don't think I will ever buy a guitar that is not made by ESP. I have never seen, played, or even heard about a guitar that looks, feels, and plays like this one does. Overall: If you are going back and forth on weather or not you want to purchase this guitar, I am telling you right now, if you pass this guitar up, you are making a huge mistake. You will only understand what I mean, if you purchase this guitar. No other guitar can even match up with the quality, sound, and feel of this guitar.
57 of 58 people (98.28%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Too many features for this price!" submitted November 26, 2008

By a customer from ubtanet.com
Music Style: Alternative, Rock, Country
Sound: This guitar is very versatile. You can play lots of styles with the guitar. I have the Amber color with the Seymour Duncan's. Plenty of vollume, plenty of tone control, very clear and warm. Feature: You cannot find another guitar with this quality and this many features for this price. It is amazing. Ease of Use: Umm, its a guitar, its easy to use. Quality: The quality of the guitar is absolutely the best feature. The workmanship is beautiful. If I didn't love it so much, I would take it out of its case and hang it on the wall as art. It is beautiful. Value: You get a set neck, Seymour Duncan's, abalone binding, abalone inlays, sperzel locking tuners, flamed maple top, etc for under $1000. And its not some cheap lame brand. It's good stuff. This guitar sold me on ESP. Manufacturer Support: No experience with support. The Wow Factor: Very Sexy. Overall: For me, I am a guitar collector, so I will probably continue to buy additional guitars but I expect this one to always be among my most favorites. My biggest complaint with this guitar, is that when friends come over to jam, I never get to play this guitar because everyone fights over it.

"Very Suprised / Impressed" submitted April 17, 2013

By jon b in los angeles, CA
Overall
Musical Background: 20 years. Guitar, Vocals, Keys. Play as a hobby mostly. All original music.
Music Style: Rock, metal, Prog.
Overall: First of all... I am a 20+ year player. My main guitars are Gibson SG standards and a diablo premium plus... I have a few USA teles... a nice martin.. etc... So I come from a lineage of snobbery and insistence on only playing american built guitars. I expected fully to return the LTD in exchange for a real ESP and spend the extra 1k to get it... However, after a thorough inspection and a few hours of playing time, I cant find a reason to do that. The EC1000 SSB that I bought is amazing for $849. It'd be great for $1299 too... This is a guitar that is built above its price class. Super Clean Build quality. The wood is resonant (on mine at least), the hardware is top notch. The pickups are great (if you want active). By all regards, this is a premium guitar. The only thing that's maybe NOT premium is country of Origin, Korea. But in the case of the model that I personally purchased, its not an issue. The guitar kills.

"EXCELLENT Value!" submitted March 3, 2004

Music Style: Hard rock
Sound: EMG's really make this thing sing! Cannot say enough good things about this axe. If you play rock, your search is over. Feature: Earvana compensated nut, Sperzel locking tuners, Tone Pros locking bridge, EMG pickups....what else could they possibly include? EXCELLENT value! Quality: Not a big fan of ANYTHING from Korea, but I've yet to find a flaw on mine! In fact, I have a USA made Jackson, Wolfgang, and Les Paul, and I like my ESP better than the rest. Very surprising quality. Times sure are changing... Value: Cannot say enough good things about this axe. VALUE is the key phrase for this guitar The Wow Factor: Mine's see-through-cherry, and very stunning. At first I hated the Abalone, but in time I've really started liking it on this guitar. Normally I'd say it made it look gaudy, but I dig the prisim effect the Abalone gives off in certain light. Overall: I liked my fist EC-1000 so much, I just ordered another one in Amber Sunburst! I just LOVE the neck profile, and it plays much faster than my other shredder axe I own. Ultimately, I wish they came with a case, but for the price point, ESP has a winner on their hands. (Just check around...most all dealers are continously out of stock!)

"Wow what a guitar !!!!!!!!!!!" submitted August 5, 2013

By Jim S in Jim Thorpe, PA
Musical Background: Pro playing over 100 gigs ayear
Music Style: Classic rock, soul and R&B
Overall: This guitar is a work of art and very functional as well. This is the third guitar that I purchased from Zzounds this year. Their service,payment plan, quick response time is better than those other on-line sellers by far.I received the guitar in one day as usual, the packaging was the best I've ever scene and I have worked the retail end of this industry for 13 years. Upon removing the guitar from the packaging the first thing that I noticed was the guitar was set-up and still in tune thanks to the locking tuners. The fit and finish was flawless, I purchased the Vintage Black it has the triple binding ala a Les Paul custom. The mahogany body is slightly thinner than a Les Paul and also a little lighter in weight. The ebony fretboard is of real high quality wood, good ebony is not just black but should have some brown and other shades in it. The controls are very easy to get at, 2 volume and 1 tone controls that are very responsive. The locking tuners are great as is the nut,bridge and tailpiece. I have to admit that it has been a long time for me since I've had a guitar equipped with EMG pick ups.Their tone is definitely different from that of Gibson humbuckers. You will get a real sterile tone from these. They are very versatile the neck pick up can be mellow and bluesy. The bridge pick up is hot,heavy and distorted. Because of the active electronics the tone knob on this guitar is very important. The dollar value of this guitar far exceeds what you are paying. I have used a Les Paul Std. Plus since 2007 and the craftsmanship on this guitar is equal or better. If there was anything that could have added to the value it would have been a case or quality gig bag included but the lack of one in the case is certainly not a deal breaker. Great quality guitar,great tone,great craftsmanship, I love it you will too.

"fantastic guitar" submitted September 30, 2007

Overall
Sound: sounds awesome with the active emgs Feature: sperzel locking tuners are great, makes string changing a breeze. love the tone pros bridge. 2 vol. knobs 1 tone. gives plenty of different sounds Ease of Use: string breaks, about 30 seconds to change it. battery for the pickups goes out, less than 5 minutes to change it. easy to select pickups, etc. no problems Quality: beautiful guitar. i have the black and couldnt be more happy Value: paid 800 for it and well worth it. especially compared to gibsons. Manufacturer Support: never dealt with a problem The Wow Factor: gorgeous Overall: dont plan on trading this for anything.

"ESP LTD EC-1000VB Review" submitted January 28, 2009

Musical Background: Playing for 10 years
Music Style: Rock, Metal
Sound: EMGs produce an amazing sound. I've seen in other reviews prior to buying this guitar that it mainly for metal sounds but the clean sounds are equaly great in my opinion. Feature: You really cant go wrong here. Earvana compensated nut, tonepros bridge, locking tuners. May seem a bit simplistic given the variery of gadgets on some of the new age guitars but again its a matter of opinion. Simple is better. Ease of Use: Given the 24.75 scale it feel quite comfortable either on your lap or standing up. Well balanced and with an excellent neck contour. Stays well in tune and action can be really low without any problems. It gets a 9 only because the set neck can somewhat limit top access to frets down low. Quality: Its a very sturdy guitar, i droped it a few times and its still holding up like new. Ive had it for almost 2 years now and it seems far more reliable then anything else ive owned. Value: If you take into account the price you have to pay for a Gibson with similar specs then this guitar is really value for money. Manufacturer Support: Never had to deal with them. The Wow Factor: I own the VB model. Its got an awesome vintage look and the gold hardware add a nice quality feel. Despite being an LTD you wouldnt ever brand it in the same category as Squire lets say. LTD produce amazing guitars. Overall: I prolly wont ever go beyond this guitar unless its an ESP.

"I love it, but the knobs keep getting in my way!" submitted December 26, 2005

Overall
Musical Background: 25 years (off/on)
Music Style: Rock/ Disco
Sound: The sound is EMG. Some adjustments was need for my ESP - buzzing on the string-to-frets. Nothing a good intonation and bow can not workout. The guitar can product a variety of sounds, whatever jazz, funk, hard rock (everything from Chic to Robin Trowers). . . if you want the Trowers sound you're need some special effects, the guitar will do its part. Feature: The pick-ups and knob control features are adequate for most of your clash metal and rock music sounds, but a whole-body-tone which is required for jazz music barely presents itself. The playing features for string action for jazz is not there. On the other hand, I believe the engineering of the guitar is a improvement for tone quality and stain natural sounds. Stays in tune most of the time too - just need a good set of strings. The only thing I don't like about this guitar is that the guitar is not designed for rhythm -- the volumn control knob is too close to the strum area (I keep hitting this knob with my finger and it keeps altering my vol. selection). Oh, there is no pick guard neither. Quality: The baby is beautiful . . . oooooooh so lovely. Its a masterpiece in workmanship. I am very impressed. I had a Les Paul Std at one time. This baby is the mistress you will run away with and marry. I was truely surprise I got more than my monies worth. Value: You get your hard earn moneys worth. You won't be disappointed unless you are a jazz or a rhythm guitarist. Manufacturer Support: I don't know them. I hope I will never have the pleasure to deal with them (knock on wood). I only had my axe for 2 months. The Wow Factor: Oh my black beautiful baby, I love you but your "knobs" keep getting in my way! Overall: Good buy for all you rock fans (especially you all who specialize in lead guitar).

"Better than Gibson!" submitted February 9, 2011

Music Style: Rock, Metal
Sound: I bought the Gold Top EC1000 because I have two other EC's with EMG's. I love this guitar. The Seymour Duncan's give it more of a classic sound of course (which is exactly what I was looking for). Feature: Sperzel Tuners, Duncan Pickups, fixed neck. Ease of Use: Plug it in and start strumming. Quality: The fit and finish are perfect on this guitar. I love the quality you get for the price you pay. I looked at Gibson Les Paul's before I bought another EC just to make sure I was getting the right guitar and I think that ESP has perfected the LP style. Value: This guitar is worth way more than what they charge. I can't believe how much value you get for what you pay. Manufacturer Support: have not had to deal with warranty The Wow Factor: Great looks, excellent playability! Overall: I love this guitar. I can't say enough about how well they're made and sound. ESP's ROCK!

"Best Bang for your buck" submitted October 15, 2008

Musical Background: Recording Artist/Engineer
Music Style: Progressive Metal (Band), Jazz, Blues, Rock, Flamenco.
Sound: Near Flawless design combined with the active emg 81/60 combo create a really aggressive tone with a lot of headroom and clarity, and with distortion on it sounds really heavy, especially in drop D or drop C. Feature: Looks cool, locking tuners are nice, stay in tune better and make restringing a snap. good pickups, good hardware all around. electronics sound good. A+ Ease of Use: How hard can it be plug, play, rock out. Quality: Everything was great, except that the 18th fret on the high e string will catch on the fret above, easy fix though. It also would have been nice if you could choose between and emg 85 or 60. Value: Best guitar for under a grand Manufacturer Support: I don't know if this counts as support, but I had to wait about two and a half months for this guitar to come in, its ridiculous. The Wow Factor: If it was possible I would make love to this guitar, it looks very impressive on stage. Overall: I expect this guitar to stay with me for life, it came from the factory setup beautifully, only thing is I put on strap locks, I'll fix that one fret, and may eventually swap the 60 for an 85. The only other thing I can think of is make sure you find out what neck comes with your model. The blue flamed maple I played in the store before ordering this had a much fatter neck.

"I just got mine last week. Since my fingers stopped bleeding, I'll write a review." submitted July 1, 2010

Music Style: Classic Rock, Metal
Sound: The sound from this piece of art is incredible. As someone who started playing again a little over a year ago, after a break of more than 20 years, playing this guitar makes all the practice worth it. This thing makes it sound like I actually know what I'm doing. Feature: Locking tuners - Enough said. EMG 81s - again not much more to say. The finish? I got the Cherry Red. If I wasn't afraid of breaking her, I'd sleep with this lady. Quality: I ordered mine online and it arrived without a single scratch or blemish. The action was perfect right out of the box. Value: I got a great deal. I didn't pay full price, but I also didn't make it known that I was buying this guitar even if it was priced a few hundred higher. Overall: This will be the last guitar I ever purchase/play, unless I hear it's being discontinued. If that happens I just might buy another one, just in case.

"Playing is believing, just put one in your hand and you Will know." submitted December 25, 2006

Musical Background: Active Musician 25 + years
Music Style: Heavy Metal
Sound: The pickup combination is perfect for the wood in this monster axe. S.D. can go crispy, to jazzy, from nasty to acoustic. Sustain, sustain, sustain......Nuf said Feature: All the best from several other models melded into this fine piece of art. Sunk in knobs, deep cutaways with bevels, locking tuners, and sustain, sustain, sustain. Ease of Use: Almost plays itself Quality: Just like fine china that can throw down. Value: Just put on in your hands and you will see all the Extras that are on this guitar that are standard with ESP. Manufacturer Support: Have not had to use it, yet there are plenty of authorized dealer/repair facilities. The Wow Factor: The workmanship on this guitar is superb. It is like holding a polished dice... Overall: If you play for any length of time, save up your money and try this guitar...Just play it and you will know.

"FIRST RATE! EC 1000 VB with EMGs" submitted November 4, 2013

By Rick D in Hewitt, NJ
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing for 40 + years.
Music Style: Rock and Roll, the Blues, gospel church music,
Overall: If you are sitting on the fence about buying this guitar do yourself a favor fall off and buy it. Right out of the box this baby plays like butter. The set up is perfect, very close action, intonation is spot on. the cut outs on the body make it very comfortable. I use a Marshall DSL 40C and the tone I get out of this guitar will bring a tear to your eye. Great sustain. Great look's.I have two Les Paul's and this blows em' both away. It stays in tune, The locking tuners are the same as I have on my Strat Deluxe Plus. Don't wait to purchase this beauty because I notice they sell out quickly on this site.

"What A Sweet Looking And Smooth Playing Guitar" submitted April 20, 2013

By Ian Flint in Florence, KY
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 23 years off and on. I play guitar and bass. Doing alot of home recording.
Music Style: All types of rock
Sound: The sound is absolutely gorgeous. Whether playing clean or distorted, this instrument delivers. Some people seem to think this guitar is only suited for metal or hard rock. I'm here to tell you that they're wrong. After owning this guitar for just a few days, I can testify that the sonic possibilities are endless. Feature: The hardware installed on this guitar is great. I got the see-thru black cherry, and the black nickel hardware is perfect. Love the tonopros bridge. The only problem I can see with the whole guitar is the EMG active pickups. They're all off track. That's ok. I planned on changing to passive Seymour Duncans anyway. This is my first experience with locking tuners, so I can't really compare, all I know is they're awesome. Ease of Use: Totally a breeze to get a great sound. I don't think it would be a great guitar for a beginner, however. The neck is fast and very playable. The pickup selecor is easy to use (just like a Les Paul.) Quality: Extremely solid guitar. The only thing I can't see lasting for decades is the abalone inlays and binding (they're fake,) but I could be wrong. I was surprised by the weight. I expected it to be alot lighter, but this is not a bad thing. Value: This guitar, in my opinion, is a great value. I can't see an overpriced Les Paul or Strat playing or sounding any better than this guitar. Manufacturer Support: Haven't dealt with them directly, but I have tried to register my warranty online, and the page has been down everyday. The Wow Factor: Very gorgeous instrument. The finish is just spectacular. I haven't been able to find one pic online that does this thing justice. Overall: The best guitar I'll probably ever own. I'm extremely proud to have this as the main weapon in my arsenal.

"Cherry Bomb For Raging M F's" submitted January 11, 2006

Musical Background: Musician and Hobbyist
Music Style: Metal, Hard Rock, Rock, Blues
Sound: The sound is awesome until the 9-volt battery starts loosing its punch - which takes alot of playing. Very warm and great for metal as well as hard rock, rock, and clean sounds. I own a B.C. Rich Warlock and an Ibanez wizard neck. This one tops them all. Feature: Everything is placed right for me. The case is a good quality case and the guitar jams like hell. Quality: Would be a ten, but I also had a problem with the strap holder at the base coming loose. I fixed it with some good glue and have not had another problem since. The finish is top notch and awe inspiring. Very dependable guitar. I would tour with this guitar for sure. Easy to string, tune, and keep in tune. Value: The price is right on. I've played a friends $3,000 Les Paul and the only real difference I noticed was the pain in my lower back from holding that heavy mutha. Manufacturer Support: Very friendly and responsive The Wow Factor: The design is great. The appeal is great for both sexes. I'd like to own the black one in the future. Now I own the cherry. Overall: I plan on keeping this guitar for years to come. I simply like guitars and would own others, but this one is a keeper. I like the feel and sound the best and dis-liked the base knob strap holder the least because it kept coming loose until I fixed it.

"Fantastic guitar at almost any price!!" submitted August 8, 2014

By David Norsworthy in Bowling Green, KY
Overall
Musical Background: Couch rocker!
Overall: I bought the amber sunburst with Duncan pickups. Out of the box, took only thirty minutes to set it up... a bit of a tweak on the truss rod, raise the bridge on the low end, then re-adjust the intonation. The finish is immaculate!!!! When compared to my Les Paul Signature T, the top is amazing.... USA Gibson AAA maple top, this LTD looks to have a AAAA+ top. The only things that I could even consider as negatives are that number one.... it's so damn pretty, you might be afraid to play it'! Number two would be that as hot as the pickups are, it could use a satin or natural neck. Last non important complaint is that although it didn't come with a hard case, it could have come with a gig bag. All things considered, anyone would be hard pressed to find a better guitar for the same price.

"Crush and Shred with this Jem" submitted February 13, 2005

Musical Background: Hobbyist/Musician/Live Gigs
Music Style: Metal/Hard Rock
Sound: Fat warm rich solid tone with good highs and mids. Very comfortable guitar and the finish is awesome..great job ESP!! Sounds mean and grabs your attention. I'm running through a Vox wah straight into the Marshall Mode 4. It may be a 10 if and when I put some Bill Lawerence pickups into it? But the EMG actives kick ass, so I haven't decided yet. The neck isn't a wizard neck, but it isn't as fat as the Les Paul either...feels great and picking flows. If you're looking for a great guitar, here it is! Feature: Everything is placed in the right spots. Maybe a version with a Floyd Rose and locking tremelo would be nice? Quality: Quality would be a 10 if I hadn't had one problem. The strap holder at the base of the guitar likes to come loose so I have to tighten it up every once in awhile, but nothing else. Value: Good value Manufacturer Support: n/a The Wow Factor: The finish is like nothing I've ever seen. Someone knows what's up..Good job Overall: I'm looking for other guitars, but only cause I dig guitars. I'll be keeping this one. I like locking systems on my guitars, that's the one negative. It stays in tune pretty well, but if you like to shred it will have to be tweaked a LITTLE bit.

"This guitar will win you any battle!" submitted January 21, 2006

Overall
Sound: This guitar, WITHOUT A DOUBT, is the best guitar I have ever played for the money. If you have never played it, and are looking at it online. Take the time to play it. If you are not very good, but no somebody that can flat out WHALEEE, take them with you to play it. Let them show you the true power of this guitar. This guitar is so great, it will probably develop you into a better guitarist. The neck is soooooooo smooth. Not to even mention how many eyeballs you are going to get with this baby. UN-BE-LEIV-ABLE!!!! Feature: The pickups. Don't even get me started. Those things are BADA$$ and yet they can tone it down and be just unbelievable when playing acoustic music. I have locking head tuners so, I consider that a plus. Makes tuning and switching strings a true breeze. Quality: This was one of the best looking guitars I have ever layed eyes upon. There are a few blemishes, but only because it is used. And I would hardly consider them blemishes anyway. More or less, dust. Just a great guitar all around. The pickups are one of a kind. Value: I am buying mine used, of course some minor nicks. But with some polish. This guitar will be fantastic. To make it short and simple for you people reading. I would have bought this guitar wheather it was new or used. The only reason I went used, is because the nicks are so miniscule that I didn't mind. And of course it knocked off about 300$. Manufacturer Support: ESP. This one is a true work of art. There is no way I am buying this for 650$. I'm going to be pinching myself all day. The finish is fantastic. The MOP is just breath-taking. Beautiful guitar on the outside. Badddddd guitar on this inside. And I mean that in a good way. The Wow Factor: This baby is GORGEOUS. The Mother of Pearl is just astonishing! What more could you ask for? Body look of a Gibson LP. Plays great. Sounds great. It is a sexy beast. And I mean it when I said both of those words. Overall: UNBELIEVABLE price!! Of course I am buying mine used with a few MINOR nicks for about 650$. Just amazing when you think about the guitar itself. Think of the pickups. 300$ in those EMG's. All of the Mother of Pearl. I'd rate that as another 300$. That thing might as well be a guitar completely made of Mother of Pearl! Just a beautiful sound... All the sound and plus what I expected from the EMG's. B-E-A-UTIFUL guitar. If I wouldn't have seen this one used and in this great of condition, I would just have bought a brand new one. Thank you ESP, for actually putting time into making a great guitar, for a HELL of a price!

"Man! What a guitar!" submitted May 9, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: active musician (rythm guitarist for thrash band)
Music Style: Thrash Metal to soft rock and blues
Sound: This guitar has the best sound for most types of music. No doubt about it. Because of the active EMG 81 and 60 pickups (vintage black model), you can get all kinds of awesome sounds from it. If you desire insane, rip-off-your-face shredtastic soloing or hardcore lead guitarist distortion, the EMG 81's perfect. Or, if you'd rather be the roots and hold up the band with gut-twisting rythm distortion, the EMG 60 is the one you want. There's a reason Kirk Hammet, James Hetfield, and Zakk Wilde all use these pickups folks. It even sounds great clean, mainly using the warm mellowness of the 60. Feature: This guitar is beautiful, the vintage black looks really sleek and high grade, and it has 24 frets to boot. However, some people's playing styles may conflict with the amount of space between the pickups. Personally i have no problem with it. Ease of Use: this guitar almost plays itself to tell u the truth. Pinch harmonics and others are so incredibly easy its insane! Palm mutes, sweeps, and everything else associated with rock and metal are really good. Especially on the slick ebony fretboard. The only limitations lie with the user. Quality: My personal experience with this guitar was great, i noticed absolutley nothing wrong with it as far as craftsmanship. No dings or scratches, but i have heard bad stories about q-control. Just play one before you buy it. They are definatley road-worthy, and since they cost less than half a les paul, you can feel a little bit better in an accident. Value: This is where the guitar strides! There is absolutley no other guitar available in this price range that can give you not only awesome sounds, but a wide variety of them. Except, of course, other possible ESP brand guitars. Great price when you look at how valuable this thing is. Manufacturer Support: i never had to deal with the company, but ESP has never been one to be mean to costumers. They make special requests for guitar players all the time, and they actually care about costumers unlike some companies. The Wow Factor: chicks dig this guitar guys, trust me on this one. Satin-like smooth black and gold, like a kick-ass tuxedo that rocks out loud. Overall: This is really the best guitar on the market for the price, and anywhere near the price. If you look at Gibson guitars (which are twice the price normally), the best pickups they have for hard rock and metal are ceramics, but those dont hold a candle to these bad-a$$es. Name a company and compare if you want, but the results are generally the same. If this is the kinda guitar a band like Metallica uses, im pretty confident it'll make everything you play just sound better and better.

"Quite possibly the most perfect guitar ever made" submitted July 31, 2007

Music Style: Heavy Metal/Death Metal
Sound: This guitar screams. The active pickups are amazing. I use it with a Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier (dream amp) so it is basically a combination made in heaven. This guitar is made for heavy metal. Pure and simple. The pickups are so dead quiet when not playing, which is great also. The EMGs are godly. The Bridge, which is the main pickup I use, screams. It is THE sound of todays modern metal. (Think Darkest Hour, Mors Principium Est, Killswitch Engage etc...) Feature: I personally love the uncomplicated controls and how there is only one tone knob, which lets you control how much treble is in the outgoing signl. Also the two volume knobs are useful I suppose if you were tyring to get a twangier distortion, but I don't know anybody who would buy a guitar with active EMG's and not crank it up all the way. Ease of Use: It's a guitar so it's not hard to use. I give it a ten because of the simplistic tone controls. I've played les pauls and just could not get used to the controls. Quality: To sum up this guitar it is a Les Paul (but cooler looking because of the more dramatic cutaway and headstock) with better pickups, more attractive paint jobs, and an amazing price. Value: I would give this a 1000/10 if I could. The quality of this guitar is astounding. Look at the professional players from tons of bands that use this guitar, and they use it stock. No mods, which says something about the tone and pickups. I like this guitar better than $3,500 Gibsons and PRS guitars that I've played. Manufacturer Support: Not had to deal with ESP and most likely never will. The Wow Factor: This guitar is absolutely beautiful. I think That I may buy another in a different color. I hope they never stop making this guitar. I don't know if there has ever been a guitar like this at such an amazing value. Overall: There is no negatives about this guitar. The only thing is that I wish I had more of them in different colors.

"everything I want in a guitar....almost." submitted April 8, 2014

By Jonathan Roundtree in Bristol, TN
Overall
Musical Background: drummer for 20 years, guitarist for 1.
Music Style: I'll play anything I can learn. I love all music
Overall: The EC-1000 is fantastic. The fit and finish are top notch. The extra jumbo frets make playing so much fun. There are only two minor things that I wish were different: it would be nice if there we're separate tone controls for each pickup, and I would have preferred the EMG 81/85 pickup set as opposed to the 81/60 setup that it comes with. Despite those two minor ticks, I love this guitar! My good buddy bought the ESP Eclipse 2, and he he is a bit peaved that he spent $1100 more for a guitar that has all the same features but isn't nearly as pretty.

"Awesome instrument" submitted February 22, 2014

By Jack H in Broken Arrow, OK
Musical Background: professional, been playing for over 30 years
Music Style: rock metal
Overall: What an incredible guitar! got mine in perfect shape only 3 days after ordering! She arrived in flawless condition, well packed and ready to plug in a shred with one exception, the battery for the active EMGs needed replacing, noticed a little distortion when playing clean and a muddy tone, popped in a new battery and it came to life, clean was crystal, dirty was a crunch unlike anything I had ever dreamed of. finish is flawless! Mine is new black and is like looking in a mirror, everything is perfect and top of the line, wish it had come with strap locks, otherwise it has everything!

"WOW!, and wow again." submitted July 31, 2005

Overall
Musical Background: Active musician, band player.
Music Style: Everything.
Sound: Wow, all I can say is wow. This guitar is on par with Gibson. For such a low price this has to be the best guitar in it's price range. It's like an Gibson on steroids with the EMG's. I tried it mplugged in and acoustically and even acoustically there wasn't a single buzzing fret or dead note. Plugged in it was the ultimate metal guitar. I'm no great player but I can tell a good guitar when I play one. I own a Gibson Les Paul standard that cost me $2000 and I wish I bought this guitar and still have money for a marshall DSL401. Great, great guitar. Go try and buy one you'll see. Feature: EMG'S baby! Quality: Read the sound! Value: As I already said, gibson quality for a fraction of the price. Manufacturer Support: no problems here. The Wow Factor: Sexxxy Overall: Go buy this sh!z.

ESP EC-1000 Deluxe Guitar Customer Review submitted February 1, 2010

Overall
Sound: I've used the ESP LTD EC 1000 deluxe Vintage black and black cherry. both amazing and by far the best guitar I have ever played. Feature: the EMG 81/60's are awesome. Ranged but have 1 disadvantage. they alter the woody tone Ease of Use: easy to dial in your favorite tone Quality: by far the best for the price range. Value: AWESOME VALUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Manufacturer Support: have had no reason to contact ESP. The Wow Factor: The appeal of the instrument just draws you to it.

"ESP LTD EC1000 Deluxe Series Guitar" submitted April 27, 2014

By Thomas O in Phoenix, AZ
Musical Background: Hobbiest
Music Style: All styles mostly blues and rock.
Overall: Everything about this guitar was true....it stands out in quality, sound, looks and feel. If I didn't know better and took the blind test with this guitar it would hold up to most high end models that cost much more. Extremely happy with this guitar and I have over 15 all different models and types, this one stands out when in a group and sounds terrific.

"Best Value" submitted December 16, 2007

Overall
Sound: Setup: JB/59 Seymour Duncan Pickups. The 59 humbucker produces vintage tones: beautiful highs, deep lows, and scooped mids. The JB produces more treble and midrange, but adjusting the Volume pot achieves good chunkiness for metal rhythm players. Truly a fantastic pickup combination. Only complaint: at full pickup volume (which is rarely used) you can hear a natural resonance in the guitar, which demonstrates that the mahogany used is not the best quality. Nevertheless, it's truly a fantastic sounding guitar w/ lots of sustain thanks to the pickups and locking bridge and tail-piece. Feature: After-market pickups (active EMGs on the other colors), locking bridge and tail-piece, locking tuners (makes string changing a breeze), abalone flag inlays and binding, set-neck mahogany body and neck w/ maple top. Les Paul-type tone, with less weight (the mahogany back is not as thick). Xtra Jumbo frets allow for easier fretting. Even with a low action setup, the strings do not fret out on higher fret bends. 23rd and 24th frets are harder to reach because of the set neck and single cutaway, but you can still reach them w/ practice. The second tone knob missing is not that big of a deal for me, but might be for other players. Ease of Use: Knob closest to the player is for the volume pot for the bridge, which is helpful since I use the JB pickup most. Very straightforward to use, and if you do not receive an owners manual, ESP has their instruction manual online. Locking tuners make string changing a breeze. Quality: The factory setup was decent: low action on the lower frets but higher action by the higher frets. A very road-worthy guitar as it can withstand a beating. As previously mentioned, the locking tuners make string changing a breeze, and keeps the guitar in tune very well. The flamed maple top on this guitar was truly beautiful as I was looking at Paul Reed Smith guitars before going with the EC1000. The pictures do not do it justice. Value: This guitar is absolutely the best value in the under $1000 price range. Manufacturer Support: I have not had to deal with them, but from what I hear it's hit or miss. The Wow Factor: Some tend to think the abalone binding is a bit too much, but the finish and binding on this guitar is absolutely beautiful. Overall: I've owned this guitar for 2 years, and love it to death. This and my Martin D28 are never leaving my collection. This guitar is truly versatile as I can play anything from classic rock to thrash metal.

"How good is this guitar?" submitted November 6, 2013

By Jason K in Columbus, GA
Overall
Musical Background: I have played professionally and hope to do so again
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Jazz, everything
Overall: I went to a large guitar store in Nashville nand played an EC 1000 with Seymours and an actual Eclipse with EMGS. I prefer the sound and the bplayability of the EC1000. This is my second and best guitar purchased from Zzounds. I know theuy are getting the Amber in (now guys?> Really?) but I love the black and gold. The fact is you dont need a super expensive guitar. Thiis one has everything you need. The best guitar for the price no doubt

"Great Guitar." submitted January 19, 2012

By Bill m in Groveport, OH
Musical Background: BEEN PLAYING 27 YEARS. GUITAR
Music Style: I WILL PLAY ALL FORMS OF MUSIC. I JUST LOVE TO PLAY.
Overall: This guitar is as good as some of the more expensive brands and is one third the price. ESP really got this one right. I love mine. Thanks.

"CAnt believe i almost got an Epi" submitted July 18, 2007

Musical Background: In a band
Music Style: Metal, Hard Rock, Alternative
Sound: the emg 81s SCREAM! i love the sound, its amazing for hard rock and metal and its pretty nice clean. I use it with a spider II and its great. Feature: its pretty simple. I actually am going to get a killswitch installed on mine. Ease of Use: MegaSuperUltra fast neck. Its basic 2tone 2volume controls and a 3 way toggle. Low Action Quality: Incredibly well built, this thing can take a beating. Value: Dude, this is like getting a les paul with better pickups and a different headstock for 1000 bucks less. The Wow Factor: I actually hated the abalone at first, but it kinda grew on me after a while. Overall: Im gonna keep this forever. amazing value, amazing product. BUY THIS GuITAR NOW!

ESP EC-1000 Deluxe Guitar Customer Review submitted May 2, 2008

By a customer from mexia.k12.tx.us
Music Style: Rock/alternative
Sound: This guitar has amazing sounds expecially with the emg pickups. I play lots of 90 and new age metal and even some 70 rock and it is able to produce great sound for bith eras of music. This guitar to me has the sound of a les paul but with a little more crunch whish is what i like when I play. Feature: This guitar came with SIT strings which I think suck. Right out of the box 30 minutes into playing broke the g string. I slaped a set of earnie balls on the guitar and no more problems. I think this guitar is light weight there fore it is not a burden to be have it hanging off your shoulder for hours. I do wish the guitar did have another tone knob just to spice up the sound a little more but really no big deal. Oh and the toggle switch is kinda in a bad spot sometimes while playing I will hit it switching pickups and not having any sound then watch people stare. I think the guitar has the best pickups and tuners money can buy. Ease of Use: The guitars slim neck and jumbo frets allow for easy fast playing up and down the neck. Any body would be able to pick this guitar up plug it into any amp and sound good. Quality: The product is made well. When I first got the guitar i was shocked to find that it was not made in America because of its beauty and structure. I beleave this guitar will ast forever and I dont plan on getting rid of it. Value: In my opinion I think this guitar is as good if not better than any Gibson Les Pauls. My brother had purchassed one several years back and I have always wanted one and now I finally got it. The Wow Factor: The guitar is beautiful see thru green. I do wish I would have gotten the vintage black.

"ESP EC1000" submitted March 4, 2014

By Aaron Lietz in Whiting, IN
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing for 14 years. In a band of four years called "The Party Foul". Jam at home and professionally.
Music Style: Metal/Electronic
Overall: Looked very nice, was packaged very well. Had some wiring issues that I had to get fixed. Other than that it plays very well.

"sawweeeet guitar, esp rules the guitar world now" submitted November 9, 2005

Musical Background: in a band
Music Style: everything, but mostly metal
Sound: very nice gain, the clean isnt that bad, lots of bite but needs a little bit more crunch Feature: very nice look, earvsana nut, sprezel loking tuners and loking bridge, a masterpiece Quality: built like a rok, the paint job is beautiful, i csnt believe this is the low end guitars, everything is perfect and dead on, low action, and super fast neck Value: it is worth much more than wat they ask for, this thing is loaded with goodies, Manufacturer Support: a lifetime warranty, wats better The Wow Factor: its a really sexy looking guitar, i cant name how many people are jealous of me now, even my guitar teacher who has a 1980 gibson leas paul standard Overall: a must buy, i will go with esp for the rest of my life, cant wait untill i get my next one

"The ec1000 is the best buy for your hard earned dollars..." submitted September 12, 2007

Overall
Music Style: hard rock alternative..
Sound: I kept going back and fourth trying between the newer les pauls and the ec1000, and after two weeks iam the proud owner of the ec1000 vintage black and iam not looking back, all gibsons are over priced and thay should be asshamed- but than again who cares my esp rocks the house.. MARKTHESHARK!! Feature: All parts are clean and nice and tight. Ease of Use: The second i picked it up i just knew. Quality: Again no foolin around you could eat off of it (ahh) you no what i mean.. Value: And again do not spend the money if you don have it, these babys are worth every penny.. Manufacturer Support: I also own a pb500 and that rocks pretty f----n hard as well The Wow Factor: Put it this way my wife has left me-no what iam saying..

"ESP LTD EC1000" submitted May 24, 2012

By Sausha D in Largo, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 48 years. Played Semi-Professionally for 30 years. I play Guitar, Bass Guitar (Aria Pro II) Drums (Yamaha) Keyboards
Music Style: Rock Rock n Roll Gospel Country Rock Boogie Woogie
Overall: I bought one June, 2011. It plays nice. I saw one in a music store in St.Marys, PA last year. I noticed the neck, where frets are, had places where it wasn't stained at the manufacturer's well. Since I've had mine almost a year, I've noticed the stain coming off in places and I can now see the light colored wood. Otherwise, it's a good guitar. No problems with it.

"ESP LTD EC1000 Deluxe Series Guitar" submitted March 17, 2014

Overall
Overall: Perfect Guitar!!!

"JUST FOR YOU!!!" submitted April 11, 2014

By James Gibson in Ocala, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Solo Artist of MANY years and backgrounds.
Music Style: Rock! Metal! Morbid Orchestra
Overall: I LOVE Zzounds.com! I am a musician who (like most musicians) is low on cash... at least mass amounts of it... My credit was starting credit and NO ONE would approve me for anything. WHY?! I'm good for the monthly payments! I've never missed any OTHER payments!... BUT ZZOUNDS WAS MY SAVIOR! I got the gear I needed with a low down payment, and EASY monthly installments, WITHOUT the credit check. THANK YOU SOOO MUCH ZZOUNDS! I am DEFINITELY a repeat customer! I have recommended MANY people to do the same! You will not be disappointed!

"The Big Dirty!" submitted August 5, 2009

Overall
Music Style: Metal, hardcore, punk, deathcore, rock.
Sound: This thing is just beautiful, but extremely brutal at the same time! i have a Jackson RR5 with SH-4 Seymour duncans in it and the Ltd is better in my opinion, not that i dont love my jackson. Feature: The one i played in my music shop was the black one, and it was sick, i dont think it need anything less or more. I'm used to only having 3 control knobs and i felt straight at home with this. Ease of Use: I picked it up and had a quick play of it at first, then went into the sound proff amp room and had a good play. It seems everytime i play a different guitar i forget everything i have learned! haha, but with this guitar i just automaticall started making riffs, for some reason it just whipped up my riffage and it was Operation Shred. was extremely pleased with the neck and the feel of the guitar! and was so easy to bend strings haha! ive never played a guitar where i could bend a string up like a whole note with just my pinky, no help from any other fingers. Quality: 10, The Best. it just simply feels AWESOME when you pick it up, you pick the thing up and it just feels like your ready to hit the stage and kick ass. Value: Excellent! its pretty much a lighter, more stylish, edgier version of a les paul but heaps cheaper! If the ltd logo was covered up on it i would easily pay $3000 (AUD) or more for this guitar, it just feels like a million bucks! Manufacturer Support: don't own it so don't know, but i've heard good things. The Wow Factor: you can't help but look at the thing. you see it and you need to pick it up just to feel the contours and just hold it. The little things like the sharper head stock and how the cutaway is sharper and sorta flicks off just make it look that bit more awesome compared to the rounded off edges of a les paul. it just screams "come and shred me till the day you die" from accross the room. Overall: Amazing, just simply amazing. the thing is just a dream to play and use. I am going to buy one, and i can't wait! I just need to decide on which colour now haha. to many to choose from. Such a beautiful guitar!

"The Best Guitar I Ever Owned And Still Own" submitted September 5, 2008

Musical Background: Semi-Active Musician
Music Style: Brutal, Grind, Speed and Death Metal
Sound: The sound out of this baby it incredible for a guitar if it's price. I swear by EMG's ether the 81/60 combo or 81/85. I couldn't play with out them. I run this through a Fender FM100 head and a Fender FM412 cab. I'm not an amplifier snob and I believe the 1/2 the tone is in your guitar so when I bought this baby I new it would blow my half stack away. It sure did. Great crunch from the 81. Brutal lows made for metal. As most of you know the 60 is made more for cleans which is nice, more options. I recommend keeping the 60 at about 6.5 volume for that creamy clean sound. But do not get me wrong this guitar is built for the heaviest of metal. \m/ Feature: Features in this guitar are killer and honestly I couldn't ask for better. The Earvana nut is great for tuning ands staying in tune, plus teamed up with the ESP locking tuners it couldn't be more secure. If you have tuning problems it's your strings. Seriously. the inlay is really beautiful on the Vintage Black model, I don't really care for abalone. For me it's ether inlay all the way to the first fret or not inlay at all. Really I like a non-detailed neck, but on this guitar I couldn't do without the flag inlay. It's awesome. Ebony finger board is the best. I always make sure my guitars have it because they are very smooth and easy to play. The 24 frets is a big bonus, plus they are extra jumbo which is really nice. Finnish on the Vintage Black is really cool. Doesn't show finger prints or anything. Ease of Use: This guitar is sophisticated but not so much that you'd rather play something else. The reason why I gave it an 8 is because the ESP locking tuners are nice but you can't use any heavier than a 56 gauge string. I play really deep and low (for metal) such as drop A and A# and I like a thick string such as a 60. for those low, lows. But they don't fit through the hole! (thats what she said) no really. See for those of you who don't know what the locking tuners are, I'll explain. Pretty much you loosen the knob to insert you're string when re-stringing, and tighten it when the string is in so it doesn't move or slip out when you're tuning. Well, it only opens so far so if the string is to big... it wont fit. But in every other aspect, its perfect. I can just stick with the 13.-56 anyway. Quality: The quality is amazing for a guitar of It's price and make. ESP is the best when it comes to metal guitars and they have never let me down and I don't think ever will. I'll keep buying these good quality beast's until I die. Value: I would easily pay a hell of a lot more for this guitar. I've seen it at my local store for $1,200 and would totally buy it for that much. Fortunately Zzounds had my back. Manufacturer Support: I personally have never had to deal with the support. But my friend accidentally dropped his ESP and sent it in to the ESP company and they had it fixed and sent back in no time. The Wow Factor: I don't think I even need to say anything. 11 out of 10. Overall: This is my dream guitar. I have spent more on guitars that have half the quality, sound and detail this baby's got. I look forward to playing this guitar from the moment I wake up, to the moment I got to bed. ESP. Jump in and be noticed.

ESP EC-1000 Deluxe Guitar Customer Review submitted July 4, 2003

By a customer from charter.net
Music Style: Rock, heavy blues
Sound: The EMG-81's are great sounding pickups, and the guitar itself imparts a warm, very musical tone with gobs of sustain. I haven't found an axe that sounds better through my Marshall Triple Super Lead, especially at full gain and high volume. The EC1000 really pushes the "Crunch" channel on the Marshall, opening up some tonal possibilities that hadn't been heard before. Feature: Excellent all-around choice of materials and hardware. I love the tone of mahogony bodied guitars (I also have an SG and a Flying V), and adding on the quilted maple top really completes the package. Components - EMG, Tone Pros, Sperzel....'nuff said! Abalone inlays and binding are gorgeous and well done. This thing is sharper looking than ANY Les Paul I have ever seen. Very striking and yet classy looking. Quality: Top notch. Finish is flawless, setup was perfect. I have not found one flaw anywhere, in any aspect of the instrument. Has become my main stage guitar because of it's versatility and tone. I worry more about outside influences causing problems than the guitar crapping out on me. I really don't want that finish marked up! Value: A high class, high value guitar for a moderate price. Worth every penny and then some. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to contact them yet, so no opinion. The Wow Factor: Has great lust-appeal. Just screams at you from the store wall, "Play me big boy, and you'll never go back". A real head turner and amp cranker. Overall: This one stays in the lineup, period! Meets and exceeds my expectations on a nightly basis. If I lost it, God forbid, a new one would be there immediately. If it was stolen, God help the dumb SOB who dared to mess with my babies, any of them!

"A Metalmaniac's Dream." submitted January 3, 2008

Musical Background: In A Band
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Vintage Hardcore
Sound: Well, I play all metal sub genres and some vintage hardcore and it sound great with them all. I have the See Thru Blue with EMG's and they're amazing. I've played some Gibson Studios and they just don't compare to the chunkyness of this guitar. Don't fall for name brand BS this guitar deff compares and exceeds them. Feature: The features and pretty simple but they're some of the best quality you can get. Sperzel lockin' tuners Tonepro's bridge. Dual Humbucker set up. It's a metal guitar what more could you ask for? Ease of Use: The neck on this guitar is AMAZING it's very comfortable and fast. I don't have huge hands and this is a breeze to play with it's slim neck, none of that stupid almost flat necks on Ibanezs Quality: This guitar came to be ALMOST perfect. Everything was great expect the G string was too short so 30 minutes into playing it, the string liked shot out of it. It didn't snap it just like shot out of the tailpiece. I tried putting it back in but it was too short. Value: If you want an ideal metal guiat and you don't feel like bustin' the 1,000 dollar line don't look anywhere else Manufacturer Support: I haven't needed to talk to them. A short string isn't anything to complain about I was going to switch them out anyways The Wow Factor: Sex Appeal? A ton of gorgeous abalone a beautiful flamed maple BLUE top. That screams sex to me. Overall: If this guitar was stolen. I'd cry and go buy a new one

"AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING" submitted June 6, 2008

Musical Background: Semi-Active Musician
Music Style: Progressive Metal, Epic Metal, Hardcore
Sound: I can't believe the way the EMG's on the EC-1000 sound! They suite my favorite style of Progressive Metal. They are amazing at heavy chugging riffs and metal melodies. Plug it into any amp and you get extremely heavy, good sound. If you are using the bridge p/up, the EMG 81 then go full bore! the louder the better! But if you're using the neck p/up the EMG 60 keep it around five volume. It keeps it under control and you lose all distortion when on clean channel. Feature: I love this guitars features. There not very many but the ones it has own. Starting from the top, the Locking Tuners are truly amazing. they keep your guitar in tune and ready to play. The neck is slim and very easy to play fast, and the XJ jumbo frets don't let you slip around at all. The EMG's are a beautiful feature and the input is not sketchy in the least. Ease of Use: This guitar is the easiest guitar to play that I have played. It played better the a Gibson Standard! The action was beautiful right out of the box. Modifying your sound is so easy. Its as simple as just turning your knob's. Quality: Best quality guitar I've ever used. Besides a three grand Jackson! I've played it around and taken it to a few big shows. It hold up through moshing, flailing about, banging into mic stands and smacking the vocalist. There is not worst aspect and I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt that this guitar will last me for a long, long time. Value: The product has a really good value. Most guitars as nice as these go for twice as much! (I'm not kidding this is amazing) Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to solve any problems yet, so I couldn't tell you. Overall: This guitar is great overall. I love the price, the features, the sound, the look... It perfect. I love Metal, Jesus, and guitar and this instrument makes me think of all of them.

ESP EC-1000 Deluxe Guitar Customer Review submitted July 4, 2003

"Economical Exotic Speedster." submitted September 22, 2010

Musical Background: self taught play for a living
Music Style: Love heavy metal but play mild stuff to make money
Sound: Sound is great for heavy metal/hard rock. Does double tapping quite nice. Very easy to get harmonics on any note. Pick-ups are hot but can also handle mellow stuff almost as good as any Gibson. Feature: The guitar is a perfect design without too many knobs or switches to contend with. Easy to dial in what you need. Ease of Use: Within a few minutes I was able to get my "signature" style through a tube Marshall. Easy to dial in other sounds. Quality: Very well made. Surprisingly better than my more expensive LP Standard. This guitar has been through it all in 4/5 years-playing at sometimes damp outdoor events, been in transit in winter in a cold vehicle without affecting mechanical/electrical integrity. Had to replace pots on the Gibsons and PRS that didn't fare as well under the same conditions. Value: I bought this guitar on a whim. It caught my eye, played very, very well and it went home with me. Manufacturer Support: I have never had any need to deal with ESP. The Wow Factor: It's "eye candy" that plays as well as it looks. Overall: This guitar compares as well (even better than LP Standard) with other guitars that cost much more. My next guitar will be some form of EC-1000 (or other model with a whammy bar.)

"You want to Lick it" submitted January 1, 2006

Overall
Sound: Sounds like pure heaven Feature: The knobs and pickups are amazing Quality: i've never seen a better made guitar Value: I would pay 4 times what I did for it Manufacturer Support: They are so nice The Wow Factor: i just want to lick it all over Overall: I want to say no guitar will ever surpass this one

"Economical Exotic Speedster." submitted September 22, 2010

Musical Background: self taught play for a living
Music Style: Love heavy metal but play mild stuff to make money

When you call, mention priority code 161Y-WJDF. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976