When you call, mention priority code 202-KXNZ

Rating and Reviews: ESP LTD D6 6-String Bass

This neck-thru bass has a merbau body and mahogany/maple neck for rich, earthy resonance and sustain, plus active pickups with 3-band EQ for a modern edge.

"Unbelievable guitar for the money..." submitted January 12, 2014

By Derek B in Chattanooga, TN
Overall
Musical Background: Playing music for about 15 years, I play everyday and record professionally.
Music Style: Multiple types of metal and electronic music.
Overall: This bass is perfect. I've never heard such a diverse sound of any bass I've played. If you can't find the right tone with this thing, it doesn't exist. Deep grumbling lows or mid level funk slaps... anything you need in one instrument! I've not had this much fun playing music in years, I highly recommend it!

"New ESP LTD D6 Bass" submitted June 6, 2012

By K Daniel Menard in Terrell, TX
Overall
Musical Background: I've played bass for over 40 years....
Music Style: most genres except country....
Sound: This bass will find a home in any genre...live or studio... Feature: When I first began to research this bass..I was wondering about the wood used for the body..merbau...After a little looking I found that merbau is an excelllent tone wood,,,My basss came with SIT strings.It has active EQ...as any bass worth owning really should have... Ease of Use: Because of the active EQ...pretty much any tone is possible...I really like the high C string's crispness if dailed in right...I've played 5 string bass for years now, and find it very easy to move to a 6 string...The neck is smooth and naturally wider..but poses no problems...for a 6 string, the neck is just right... Quality: With all I see on this bass...and as long as i take good care of it...this is easily a lifetime investment,,,and at a amazing price.I personally take pride in, and very good care of my gear...so..it lasts... Value: I'd think the cost does not reflect the real value of this bass...it could easily cost a great deal from most of the other guys....it's a beautiful bass...equal to the 1,ooo dollar basses I was looking at... Manufacturer Support: I did have to call ESP....the case they recomend for the D6..is too small...I could have waited a few weeks to see if they will maufacture one that fits...but I simply exchanged it for some other gear and a nice soft case with zZounds...so...beware...be sure to get the right case! The Wow Factor: The neck thru the body is stunning! The finish is dark and beautiful Overall: Surprise 6 string bass......
14 of 15 people (93.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"This thing is bad a$$" submitted July 29, 2015

By Rob C in San Francisco, CA
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing guitar and piano for 29 years. I picked up bass and drums when I was 13. I also sing, and have a home studio.
Music Style: I don't label my stuff, but it's organic, original, and a mix of everything that came before me, with a but of modernity mixed i
Overall: This is the best made, best looking, best playing bass I've ever had the enjoyment of playing. I'm really happy with this purchase. I've been a multi instrumentalist since I was a young kid, and this bass definitely gives me inspiration and opens my creativity to a place I don't get by playing standard guitars (I also own a nine string, which is also a wicked sick composing tool, and it's bad as f*©*!). Zzounds is awesome! I've never had to deal with returns or manufacture support. The bass, however, did come out of the box with a back bow, so I had to turn the truss rods (yes, there are 2), just slightly, and bang - sweet action!! This thing is a pleasure to jam on, sounds great, and I have zero complaints.

"THUMPIN PUMPIN GROOIN AND ROCKIN" submitted January 16, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: rockin dad in a band
Music Style: rock metal funk
Sound: the sound quality of the ESP soap barpickups are fat thick and thumpin super low end , wide mid range and clear highs.Put this bass in any situation be it Metal,Funk,Slap,Jazz,hardcore,live or in studio it performes! Feature: My bass has dark tuners and bridge as well as the knobs all have very accurate movement Ease of Use: Playability is alittle strange at first.The neck is a little wide but it is a 6 string.Once you settle in the neck is nice and fast because of the mat finish and thats when you rediscover the bass again ! Quality: This bass blew me away !Made in Indonesia WOW they no how to make a Great quality guitar!Finish ,fit,durability,parts are all exceptional and for the price its a no-brainer! Value: The quality ,look and feel plus its playability are awesome Manufacturer Support: I called ESP just for a look see and they sent me new strings and a shirt. The Wow Factor: My piece has a splaid maple top .The wood is just beautiful couple that with the active electronics and feel and finish this is a must have for a bassist who wants to further there skills Overall: When i purchase basses there mine forever that why each and ever one are special this is my fourth bass and i'll have years of pleasure then they'll be my kids
52 of 60 people (86.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great bargain " submitted February 10, 2013

By Richard B in Cheyenne , WY
Overall
Musical Background: I've been a guitarist for like 16 years. Just started playing bass with a progressive metal band about a year ago.
Music Style: Metal, rock, blues, ambient, funk, pretty much whatever is currently inspiring me.
Overall: What a great bass! I've never had a 3 band powered eq on my guitar and I'm impressed with the tonal control it gives you. The pickups are active and sound great. It is a little heavy but so are alot of guitars. I thought it be really heavy judging from other reviews. Just make sure you get a good strap (and locks) and you will be fine. A great guitar with the specs of a more expensive bass. Good job ESP LTD!

When you call, mention priority code 202-KXNZ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976