When you call, mention priority code 1411-YX67

Rating and Reviews: ESP B-55 LTD Bass

At an incredibly low price-point and loaded with all the features a beginner needs to get started, the ESP LTD B-55 is ideal for budding bass players.

"A true value, excellent bass" submitted November 27, 2004

Musical Background: Musician, home recorder
Music Style: Eclectic, mostly rock
Sound: Combo of pickups with independent control knobs offers a truly outstanding variety of tones, from bright and sizzly to dark and warm. I can play any style with this bass. A touch of overdrive really brings out the rockin' best of this bass, too. Feature: Great pickups, great tone control. Quality: Solid, sturdy; quality finish. Value: Having played it, I would expect this bass to cost MUCH more. The Wow Factor: Not bad looking in titanium, but I prefer the look of the F-series... just didn't want that active pickup hassle. Overall: I love this bass, my first 5-string. Love that low B, but also the high frets on the first string sound sweet enough to play bass leads on. Very flexible, high quality, great palette of sounds and easy to play. Flawless.

"Campbell has Heart attack due to shoking-ness of bass!!!" submitted June 10, 2007

Musical Background: Hedbanger
Music Style: All rock and Jazz for school
Sound: This thing sounds amazing!!! Put it next to a 500 dollar 5 string you can't tell the difference. Somehoew this Majical device cancelss all buzzing sounds if moving cable in jack or standard cable buzz. Great J trebble and Great P punch. I love the low B. BYE 4 stringers. Feature: Everything is easy to use. It has all the features you need. BAsic which is perfect for me to make a great sound fast no matter what I play. Ease of Use: Simple!!! Nothing Comlicated at all!!! You can make any type of sound bass wise easily. Playable the second you get it. Quality: Everything was perfect nothing loose or anything. Except for a part on the bottom of the neck. it looks like the wood was sanded down. but still looks good. Gives it a natural look. Value: I would have thought it would be twice as much after hearing it. Even Dave Campbell had a heart Attack because he was so shoked as how chep it was. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had experience yet but I know ESP is always there becauseI have spoken to them before. They answer anything. The Wow Factor: It looks basic but has the ESP "Metal" playing look basic like I like it and sleek as well. Overall: I expect to be satisfied for years to came. This is nor beginner bas for me. I'm stuck now.

"GREAT ESP 5-STRING" submitted August 24, 2004

Overall
Feature: i feel the selection of components was very good and made for a great bass. The most useful features are the volume and tone knobs. this bass has everything i wanted. Quality: the finish on this guitar was flawless, no loose parts. this bass is very reliable. i depend on this for all my music needs. i dont keep a back up because i dont need one with this bass. this bass seems like it will last me forever. Value: this bass was worth every penny i spent. The Wow Factor: ive shown this to a couple friends and they were blown away by everything. this is much more than a practical addition to my setup. Overall: this is an awsome bass in all aspects. i will keep this bass for as long as it lasts.
13 of 14 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"this bass is cooler than most twice it's price!" submitted August 24, 2005

Overall
Musical Background: hobbyist for years Amatuer recording artist for a couple of them
Music Style: rock, alternative,
Sound: This bass has great sound in the high end and is responsive and easy to play all the way up to the 24th fret. This is my first 5 string and the thunderous lows will keep me away from 4 strings for good. Feature: I love the wide range i get with a low B-string and 24 frets. The two volume controlls along with the tone controll let me get just the right sound every time wether its a deep booming sound or a jazzy snap 'n pop sound. Quality: I was a little disapointed when I saw that the B55 was made somewhere in the pacific and only "inspected in the USA". The quality seems good so far,except for the knob that I had to rig in order to keep it from falling off. Value: For twice the price I'm sure I couldn't get a better instrument. Manufacturer Support: I hav not had any experience with this. The Wow Factor: this guitar is a little thicker than i had expected but thats alright, it still looks wicked cool! Overall: I dont see myself replacing this bass with anything that costs less than a grand. Since the day it arrived I've been using my B55 to practice, record, and just jam out.

"ESP B-55 Bass" submitted September 21, 2006

Music Style: ALL METAL
Sound: i play metal and it is over all the best ive used so far Feature: the p and j pickups diffrent vibes but both great Ease of Use: plug in and go Quality: made from the best ESP/LTD Value: the best price ever never get a deal like this Manufacturer Support: in the e net or phone there in reach The Wow Factor: the design and fetures are the top Overall: i like everything about this bass and ill prob have it for a long time

"I own this bass for almost 2 years and I Love it" submitted January 20, 2009

Music Style: rock,alternative(funk)R.H.CH.P
Sound: perfect sound ,,I also use a line 6 bass pod ,,,and I have recorded with olny the bass' sound and it was awesome Ease of Use: too ease Quality: the product is very reliable I don't have a problem at all Value: yesssss it did worth the price The Wow Factor: perfect Overall: at least 3-5 years

"Great Value. Ugly colour, Great sound." submitted November 23, 2010

Musical Background: Active Musician/Hobby
Music Style: Jazz/Rock
Sound: Great sound overall. I always have trouble with buzzing on some frets, had it taken in to sand down some frets and build the bridge a bit which helped quiet a bit. Feature: Not many accessories, three knobs, Volume, and tone knobs. Doesn't do too much. I adjust mostly on my amp because of this. Ease of Use: Very easy to use for a bass player. It is quiet a stretch for a girl with small hands... but any bass will be. Quality: Great quality for the money. I've owned this bass for 5 or 6 years now. No problems with it except the colour, and a few fets buzzing. Fret work was pretty cheap. Value: Great bass for the price. Manufacturer Support: Never had a big enough problem to ever call the company! The Wow Factor: The colour drops the sexy appeal I think. The extra string on it compensates for it a bit. Once painted, it's sexy and simple! I also traded out the saddle and controls for chrome ones off of a fender guitar, a lot prettier. Overall: I've never regretted purchasing this bass.

"Best bass out right now" submitted January 5, 2009

Music Style: groove metal/thrash/hard rock
Sound: If you play any type of metal/hard rock you've got to get this bass. Hands down the best bass I've ever played and I've been in a band for 10 years. Feature: I really like the look because it's simple and if you play any type of metal you know that 5 strings are better Ease of Use: Real easy Quality: This bass is very well made. the only bass I will ever get is a ESP Value: Worth every bit i spent I have no regets Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: It don't matter how it looks the only thing that matters is how it plays but it does look good Overall: till I cant play it anymore or if I break it

"Good Bass" submitted October 25, 2004

Musical Background: Play in two bands plus a jazz ensemble
Music Style: PUNK!!! rock and jazz
Sound: I love the sound of this bass guitar! Its the best rock and punk bass i've played on. If ur looking for a slap bass this isnt what u need though. THe strings on this guitar are somewhat closer so slapping is kinda hard.

"IT WAS ONLY FENDER products Untill "ESP"" submitted October 4, 2008

Musical Background: Musician not just a BASS player
Music Style: a little of everything
Sound: very impressive bass you must try it for your self. I'm very pleased. Value: Very playable before set up. it's worth at least twice retail Overall: it's a keeper, it can't do all the sounds I'm looking for BUT 90% is very good . It's my live show bass

"This 5 string rumbles!!!" submitted October 19, 2005

By a customer from applebank.net
Musical Background: Hobbyist... 9 years
Music Style: Rock and Metal
Sound: It rumbles!!! It has a clean sound. Feature: It is a straight forward bass, what you see is what you get. Quality: Well constructed for a bass under 200 bucks...very surprised. ESP has made a great bass for everyone to enjoy, even if you're strapped for cash. Value: Wow! At this price, you would be crazy not to buy this bass. I got mine from this web site. Under $200 bucks, no shipping cost. It's just the bass though...nothing extra. Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: Good looking bass, I wanted black but it was on back order so I bought Titanium instead. It still looks great! Overall: I own a Jackson and an Ibanez and this bass hangs in there with them. I'm very pleased.

"omg..." submitted November 13, 2007

Overall
Musical Background: Ive been in a band, and I write solo songs.
Music Style: Rock, Hard Rock, Metal, Speed Metal, Christian Rock, Church Praise Songs, Country, Blues
Sound: awesome sound quality, I prefer the jazz bass sound. Feature: there were no extra parts Ease of Use: This bass is by far the easiest bass to use that ive ever played Quality: the only thing was a bolt that needed a little turn to fix it. but that was easy to do. Value: The bass is worth every single penny, and its worth moch more beyond that too! Manufacturer Support: THey were quick, knowlegeable, and answered all my questions Geddy Lee fast. The Wow Factor: Everyone who has seen this bass has said its hot. it was actually a topic in science once. Overall: I doubt ill be looking for another bass for a looooooong time, its just an all around amazing bass

"Amazing Bass how sweet the sound!" submitted November 27, 2005

Music Style: Christian Rock
Sound: This bass sounds awesome. I have played many other very expensive guitars but this one takes the cake. It has a clean punchy sound with sweet overtones. It also sounds great when slapped. Feature: This guitar has two pickups that both sound great alone or together. The bridge pickup has a clean midrange sound and the center pickup has a nice low rumble with defined highs. I like the fact that I can create so many different sounds with this bass. Quality: If I layed this guitar next to a bass that cost over a thousand bucks or more you would not be able to tell the difference. I trust it to play and sound sweet for many years to come. It is built well and looks good. I have a silver one and it looks much better in person than it does on the picture. It looks very nice on stage under colored lights. However I wish they would have rounded the edges of the body a little more. Value: I almost choked when I saw the price on this guitar! I actually thought it was a typo. If you want a great five string for an unbelieveable price than this is your guitar. Manufacturer Support: I doubt that I will have any trouble with this guitar. But if I did I would'nt worry about calling ESP. They are without a doubt one of the best out there. The Wow Factor: This guitar looks, sounds, and feels great! Overall: I have heard people call this a good first guitar. But I expect to use mine for many years to come. I love everything about this guitar. Everyone that sees it wants it and when they hear it they want it even more. What more could you expect from ESP?

"Awesome bass such a low price" submitted December 31, 2004

Musical Background: Bassist
Sound: Awesome sounds quality tone The Wow Factor: When i first saw this thing i thought it was the best thing since sliced bread for the price

"good 5 string for the money" submitted June 8, 2005

Musical Background: bassist
Music Style: rock and metal
Sound: the action is pretty high past the 12 fret, other than that it's awesome Feature: there is no pick up switch of volume knob, you have to tweak all three knobs to get the right sound Quality: doesn't stay in tune all that well

"ESP 5 string bass" submitted January 21, 2014

By Chris Ward in Bolivar, OH
Overall
Musical Background: 30 years. I play lead guitar, bass guitar, drums, and piano.
Music Style: Rock, Heavy Metal
Overall: great bass

"Great Bass not only for its price but also those going for a about 400 to 450." submitted April 23, 2007

Overall
Music Style: Funk-R&B, Classic Rock-70's mostly, New Wave and etc...
Sound: A: Sounds great considering it has passive Pickup, but they are very good. The Bass makes the best of what it has to offer and fits my needs pretty well. I almost didn't buy it because I like tone controls on both pickups. I also thought about 35" scale over 34". After playing it almost 3 days straight over the weekend, that wasn't a problem at all. Responds well and I'd not trade it for some Basses I've tried that cost twice as much. Feature: Two minor. Second Tone control and Pick guard. Ease of Use: Great action for me! Finger board is the perfect size. Quality: Shokingly get a 10 easy. Great stiff neck, no string buzz even with cheap (IMO)strings and very nice Passive pcikups. Value: So far I feel I got a great deal. Manufacturer Support: N/A Overall: Would give a 9.5 if I could.

Overall
Music Style: Funk-R&B, Classic Rock-70's mostly, New Wave and etc...

When you call, mention priority code 1411-YX67. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976