When you call, mention priority code 20N-JXY9

Rating and Reviews: ESP LTD B204SM Bass

The punchy tone of the ESP SB-4 pickups combined with the versatile on-board 3-band EQ creates a versatile bass that will bring out your best riffs.

Overall

"Excellent Axe" submitted January 20, 2015

By Bill A in Bogota, NJ
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing for over 45 years. I play bass, guitars, mandolin, keyboards, and percussion.
Music Style: Rock/Jazz/Classical, with an emphasis on progressive rock.
Sound: The sound quality is outstanding. As good as basses two or three times and more it's modest price. With Zzounds pay as you play option, almost anyone can afford this lovely axe. Feature: The materials seem to be top notch. The knobs are all pewter colored, and made of metal. They should last a long time. The matching colored ESP/LTD branded tuners are quite nice, and could be compared to Gotoh, or any other top name brand, in both quality and feel. Ease of Use: Easy to get the sound you want right out of the box. I simply had to tune it, plug it into my Focusrite Saffire Pro40, and I was getting great tones within minutes. Everything from low grunge to slapable funk tones, all easily accessed from the comprehensive 3 band active EQ, pickup blend control and volume knob. Quality: The quality is outstanding. Easily compares with basses costing two to three times the price, and more. Not everyone will like the satin finish, but it works fine for me, as it's easy to maintain, clean and keep looking great. The neck is extremely straight, and the Indonesian craftsmanship seems to be as good I've seen from anywhere else. Value: The value of this instrument should not be underestimated. It is a phenomenal value at this price, and made completely affordable with zZounds easy payment system. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to contact the manufacturer for support. The Wow Factor: As I've already said before: this instrument is simply gorgeous. It looks great mounted on my wall of guitars. The spalted maple top is sublime. Overall: I'm loving this instrument. It's got heft, tone, and it's simply beautiful to look at. I bought this to replace a Michael Tobias Designs Grendel that I had lost in a freak accident. The tone on this beauty is easily as good as the Grendel was. It's got a lot of growl, and you can get the active EQ to overdrive, as well. I'm finding that the settings at the detented mid positions to be just about perfect. The Cleartone strings it came strung with are also quite good, and even though I ordered a set of Blue Steel Medium Gauge cryogenically treated strings to get my usual tone, I'm going to leave these on for awhile. The bass is quite heavy. The sustain is great, but it might be a bit tiring on stage for long periods of standing play. A comfort strap should alleviate any discomfort. Now I just have to find where I put them...hehe. I would have no hesitation recommending this instrument to anyone, and I am very pleased with this purchase.

When you call, mention priority code 20N-JXY9. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976