When you call, mention priority code 1604-7BNY

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone Les Paul Special

The Epiphone Les Paul Special II offers Les Paul looks for a killer price. With dual open-coil humbuckers and a mahogany neck, it's an especially great deal.

"Great guitar for the money" submitted March 5, 2012

By Brad Watson in Wellsville, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Just jam at home these days. I used to play in bands as a teenager and in my early 20s.
Music Style: Classic rock, hard rock, metal
Overall: I was hesitant to purchase a Les Paul that sold for under $200, but boy am I glad that I did. With the exception of needing a string upgrade (I put Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinkys on mine) and giving the tuners some time to break in, this is a fantastic guitar for the money. I have played primarily a Strat and an acoustic guitar for the last 25+ years, but decided to pick up an inexpensive Les Paul to spur my interests in playing guitar again (a Les Paul copy was the first guitar I ever owned as a kid). Since picking up this Epiphone Les Paul Special II, I have played every day since I received it. The wine red finish on it looks great with the black hardware, and the pickups are quite capable for an entry level guitar. Although I don't play out anymore, I would think that this guitar would work just fine for a gig as well as for practice and noodling around. If you want an actual Gibson Les Paul, keep saving your money, but if you want something with the Les Paul feel and sustain, and a very nice looking axe to boot, grab this Epiphone Les Paul and have fun with your new toy!

"Superb budget guitar" submitted November 13, 2012

By a customer from live.se
Overall
Musical Background: Hobbyist, played guitar and bass for some years now
Music Style: Classic rock, punk
Sound: In my humble opinion it sounds great. Being a Les Paul copy, it naturally exceeds at squeezing out that bluesy tone. It didn't require more than running it through a patch on my Zoom G1 into my half crappy amp and I had a decent replica of that tone Slash uses on Appetite for Destruction. If you wanna play classic rock, I'd say this guitar won't disappoint you. However it works fairly well for punk and metal too. It's just that the humbuckers that ships with it are a bit too muddy so you might wanna consider changing the pickups if you are picky with the sound. I on the other hand won't bother with it, I'm pleased overall with how it sounds. I might add though that I can never seem to get a decent sound with both pickups active, it always ends up too muddy or crunchy. I only use treble (lead) for both the lead/rhytm guitar parts and then switch to rhytm for solos. Feature: One volume control and one tone control is all it comes with (except for the pickup switch). It's enough in my opinion, they all seem stable and robust enough to endure for a long time to come. Ease of Use: Overall there haven't been any hassle so far. The action was well set up when I got it and plugged through my Zoom into an amp on the low end price wise, I can easily get whatever tone I like through the different patches. Quality: I'm not an expert on guitars, this is my second one so I let other people discuss the benefits or disadvantages with the material used for the guitar. But so far (having owned the guitar for a few months now) it seems well made and very robust. I have been careful with it but needless to say it has had a few impacts with other objects already but there's no visible damage and no other issues that I am aware of. I can imagine the finish on the guitar will look good in a few years too.` Value: Most definately, I got this guitar for around 130 euros and I can't imagine you get anything better for this kind of money. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed to contact them yet. The Wow Factor: As I always wanted to own a Les Paul and have loved the sound they produce ever since I got into music, it had an instant wow factor for me the minute I got to hold it in the music shop. And it still does today everytime I'm using it. But hey it is a very cheap copy and I think the standard version looks a lot more appealing so I guess it depends on where you're coming from. Overall: To me, this guitar was the best choice I could've made. My financial resources are currently very limited and though I had my eyes on some more expensive guitars (like the Epiphone standard) initially, in the end it came down to either having a guitar or not being able to play at all (since my old one broke). So I didn't have much choice but I can't say I'm sad I had to go with this one. The quality overall is still good enough that I imagine it can be used for a very long time and even though I will probably get one or several other better guitars in the future, I'm still gonna hold on to this baby for sure. If you have a lot of experience playing guitar and have the money to get a more expensive one, it's probably a good idea. But it should suffice for beginners and even people that has played for some time now. I might also add that I have several friends with guitars in the mid end price scale and I do not think they perform better than this guitar. The value for what you're paying is simply amazing.

"This is a top value." submitted August 21, 2009

Musical Background: Active recording artist
Music Style: Rock, Alternative, Contemporary
Sound: The sound is incredible! They didn't go cheap on the pickups, even though I'd upgrade them if I was extremely picky. I'm using this instrument as a studio instrument and it is way better than what it has to be. Feature: The only accessory that I received was a very inexpensive cable. I am happy with the toggle and two knob configuration. The materials used aren't the cheapest used by the market today. The strings are of good quality but I'll upgrade to a medium grade as my style requires. Thank you Epiphone for not using poplar in constructing this guitar! Ease of Use: This guitar being a Les Paul style fits like a glove and is very user friendly. I can't keep my hands off of it! The toggle and two knob configuration fits my personal taste and is very straight-forward. Quality: The guitar was built like a brick house. The finish is very sexy. I would not think twice about taking it on the road. This guitar will be in use for many years. Value: There is no question here! No complaints about not getting a gig bag or any other stuff you'd get with a cheaper guitar. The money is all in the quality of the instrument. Manufacturer Support: I have not needed any support and I expect I should not need it with the quality of Epiphones. The Wow Factor: The Epi LP II has mad sex appeal and makes women jealous that I'm not holding them in my arms! Overall: This guitar has already surpassed my expectations. I need to play better to do it justice! I'd replace it with the same exact guitar if something unfortunate happened.

"Gets the job done" submitted June 16, 2013

By Chris Kaesemeyer in Boise, ID
Overall
Musical Background: Started playing guitar in 2004 I believe. Around then. Jam with friends every week.
Music Style: Metal and hard rock and thanks to this guitar I have been more into blues.
Sound: The sound quality is awesome. The clean is great. It makes me whant to play more than just metal all the time. Feature: Could have 2 sets of knobs, but that's really just what I am used to. For bigginer this is actually probably better. Ease of Use: It is super simple to use. The frets had 0 sharp edges. I had 0 frett buzz. Quality: I have only had mine a few days but the quality seems pretty awesome. Value: I got lucky and got mine for free from a frien. I never even thought of looking at a low end epiphone. Honestly I heard a lot of negative things, but now that I own one I have to say its good. When I first got it I was thinking for free I can afford new pickups, but they sound so good that I don't want to even change them The Wow Factor: You can't tell in the pic online, but its a 3 tone sunburst. I did look at these about a year ago and thought it was just a 2 tone. Overall: A friend of mine gave me one of these guitars because I had the same washburn for years and wanted something with a different tone. He said that he never played it and it was "calling my name" The guitar is pretty solid and has a pretty versital tone and has more highs then I expected. I always heard that les pauls had god lows and this is no exception but the highs are there aswell. I have played many cheap guitars to try and fing a new guitar in my price range and most of them the tone knob don't do a lot. This tone knob does. You can really hear a differance. My only complaints about this guitar are I wish it had more volume(the washburn I own is louder with the same amp on the exact same setting) and I wish that it had 2 tone 2 volume, but that's not a big deal. My friend that gave it to me doesn't like that its not a set neck, but I could care less about that . It sustains plenty about 7 seconds. The tone is very crisp and clear.

"This guitar is an excellent all around model made with Gibson quality and at a price that will make you think its stolen." submitted July 8, 2004

Music Style: 80's & 90's Metal, hard rock, Blues, Guns N' Roses
Sound: It is an amazing sounding guitar for its price range, good still if the price is not considered. 3 way pickup selector for a wide range of sounds. Feature: Nothing special here, but i love chromed hardware. if you specialize in any specific style, get new pickups that fit that style, But if you love variety they're Great. Quality: I've had mine for only 1 year but no problems. It does always feel like a quality piece of work. No loose parts or blemishes whatsoever. more dependable than Chevy claims their trucks are. Gibson-like quality. Value: Yes, definetly, it can do good in making sounds you wuold need 3 or 4 other guitars to. Manufacturer Support: I have had absolutley no problems with this guitar, so i cant really answer this. The Wow Factor: One kick @$$ feature is the thin Strat-like body which is light and balanced, whereas the Gibson Les Paul is balanced, but it is thick and heavy. Best part, you can feel like Slash without months of overtime and donating blood or taking out a second mortgage. Overall: I will probably keep mine for a long time, maybe some upgrades. if i had to get a new guitar, it would probably be this one, probably in a different color.

"TRULLY A BARGAIN, DON'T LET THE CHEAP $$ FOOL YOU, IS ALOT MORE THAN WHAT YOU THINK." submitted January 3, 2004

Overall
Music Style: speed metal,grunge, Death Metal ect..........
Sound: I just recently got a new Epiphone Special 2 and I have to admit that it is too much guitar for the $. It surprised the @#@#! out of me once I hooked a Metal Zone distortion pedal. The quality is second to none. And the sound, needless to say, YOU HAVE TO TRY ONE FOR YOURSELF! fOR ANY TYPE OF METAL, THIS AX WILL DO YOU JUSTICE, So save you the $$ and get this bad boy. You wont regret it! Feature: The only thing that I was a bit dissapointed was that it didn't include a gig bag nor straps. But for what I saved on the price of the guitar I had plenty to invest on all those. Quality: This guys in quality control worked their butts off(at least on mine they did,,lol) everything is solid and well made and balanced. Beutiful color(this one is a blend between red-burgundy and wood pattern, just beutiful) GREAT VALUE AND SOUND! Value: This guitar is worth every penny! Manufacturer Support: No need for that! The Wow Factor: Once I decided to learn to play the guitar and seen this one, I even tried other brands and models but I came back to my first choice. THIS ONE, once I seen it, felt it, played I fell in love. Overall: I don't think I would replace this one with another guitar since this one can be tricked out. I plan to keep this one and upgrade it as necessary.

"LES PAUL SPECIAL II" submitted January 16, 2009

Music Style: Metal, Classic Rock, Power Metal
Sound: I play metal like Dragonforce and this guitar gives the sound with right amp, yet it can also give the classic GNR and Aerosmith sounds too. You simply cant beat a Les Paul, no matter what type. Feature: Love the double coil pickups. They deliver amazing sound. Light guitar, Only thing missing is two tone and volume controls. But for $170, this guitar is amazing as far as features. Ease of Use: So easy to get the right sounds. Im only a beginner playing for like a month and I can get the sounds of GNR, Aerosmith, and Dragonforce, without problems or confusion. This guitar is so easy to use. Quality: The only problem is the strings. They are too light, at least for what I play. Overall, though, the quality is amazing for $170. I would highly recommend this guitar for beginners. It is so easy and its a Les Paul. The quality or this guitar is amazing, except for the strings Value: Any Les Paul for $170 is awesome, but when you can get the sounds, quality, and ease of use this guitar, you cant beat it. If I had to, Id pay more for it, no questions asked. Manufacturer Support: Havent had to contact anyone yet. Gotta love that part. The Wow Factor: One sexy ass guitar for $170. Overall: I am probably going to upgrade to a Custom Les Paul, but I will own this guitar forever, even if it breaks. I love this thing. Get it if your a beginner. Simply that, nothing else.

"Awesome Sexy Guitar" submitted March 27, 2008

Musical Background: hobbyist/active musician
Music Style: rock, heavy metal
Sound: humbuckers were alright. i switched them for duncans and it sounds awesome Feature: amp cable, 1 volume , 1 tone Ease of Use: it has a les paul body. what else can i say? Quality: good no dents when i got it. i dropped it on concrete and not even a scratch! Value: the best price you'll get for it Manufacturer Support: didn't need it The Wow Factor: i wanted a epiphone les paul standard but this guitar is pretty sexy Overall: i think i'll keep this for about a year and a half

"Dont be fooled :)" submitted September 6, 2009

By a customer from yahoo.com.au
Musical Background: Bout ten years deputy fretboard ranger
Music Style: Everything
Sound: This guitar sounds awesome! Im running it thru a zoom and a orange amp.it really sounds deadly. If your a beginner this will be the only axe youll ever need.a great second guitar to play around with if your a bit more advanced.nice one epiphone Feature: Hey you get what you pay for and for this kinda coin you cant go wrong. Maybe stronger machine heads but there easily replaced. Ease of Use: It sounds awesome. Youll pay twice as much easily to find tones this good. I cant ever see myself getting rid of this guitar. Quality: It feels rock solid,the truss rod was out a little and the inotation but easily fixed. Im left handed and its a struggle to find a guitar thats finished this good and sounds so rich Value: Its fully sick. Sounds like a much more expensive unit. Manufacturer Support: I haven had a problem with it as yet.its worthy of a pic up upgrade in future. Maybe the neck could be a little stronger but hey its a bolt on The Wow Factor: It feels sexy,looks sexy is sexy . Period Overall: Yeah i wouldn think twice about replacing this guitar if anything happened to it. No brainer really. Best features+light weight and tone . . Worst feature? My mates complain its left handed lol . They all wanna play it
20 of 22 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Nice guitar, great price!" submitted December 18, 2010

Musical Background: Beginner Hobbyist
Music Style: Rock, Alternative, Country
Sound: Nice entry level electric guitar. Make a nice sound and looks very good. I am just learning to play guitar and this is a very nice electric guitar for the beginner. Feature: Very well constructed. Nice materials that include a Mahogany neck, a Rosewood fingerboard with dot inlays, volume and tone control, and chrome hardware. The guitar looks very nice and is easy to play Ease of Use: This guitar is easy to play and sounds very nice. Quality: Very well made and looks amazing. For an entry level guitar this is very well constructed and will last for a very long time as long as it is taken care of properly. Value: Compared to other entry level electric guitars you will not go wrong selecting the Epiphone Les Paul Special II. The price is great and the quality of the guitar is really nice especially for the price. Manufacturer Support: Not need so far. The Wow Factor: The is a beautiful well priced entry level electric guitar. Styled after the Gibson Les Paul this is a great value for a nice guitar. Overall: I am very satisfied with the guitar so far. If it was lost or stolen I would more than likely buy the same guitar again. For the price this is the best entry level electric guitar on the market.

"The best budget guitar I have ever, and will probebly ever see again!" submitted March 5, 2009

By a customer from btinternet.com
Musical Background: Drummer...come guitarist
Music Style: Blues/Rock/Metal
Sound: Ive been playing a strat copy for a few years and needed to step up a little. This guitar sounds amazing and can re-create any blues or blues rock sound,providing the correct kit is used. Feature: Very simple and easy to use, 3 way selector..thats really all you need. Ease of Use: I thought (only ever playing a strat) this would be difficult to move from one style to another. Tried a few including RG's, music man and PRS but this one was the most natrual to play for my experience. Quality: I was amazed at the quality of this axe, considering it costs less than an xbox!!!!!!! paint is wicked, looks sexy, better that some of the more expensive models. Value: Cant be beaten!!! Manufacturer Support: Spot on! The Wow Factor: Ive met a lot of women who are more wooden than my guitar! she's one hell of a sexy guitar! Overall: Cant fault it!!!! easy to upgrade the kit!!! AAA++++

"BEST FOR VALUE AND SOUND" submitted December 26, 2004

Music Style: classic rock
Sound: IT FITS MY STYLE. LOVE CLASSIC ROCK. Feature: ONE VOLUME AND ONE TONE CONTROL IS ALL WHAT WE NEED. Quality: I HAVE NOT ENCOUNTER ANY HITCH FROM THE TIME I GOT IT FROM THE BOX Value: NO COMPLAINT. Manufacturer Support: LIMITED WARRANTY! The Wow Factor: I REALLY DESIRED TO HAVE ONE WHEN I FIRST SAW IT ON THE NET Overall: ITS AN 11 FOR AN ENTRY LEVEL GUITAR

"You can't go wrong with this." submitted January 6, 2008

By a customer from shaw.ca
Music Style: Classic rock, Blues
Sound: The stock pickups have amazing tone quality and the versatility is amazing. From clean to dirty to heavy to light these can do anything. Even pluged it into a cheap crap amp and it still impressed me. All of this and I was comparing it to my Gibson Les Paul and the only difference was that the Gibson had a much deeper sound. Feature: Very simple yet not over simplified. The dual humbuckers give it that grown up look and and feel. Ease of Use: Extremely easy. One volume knob and one tone knob and a pickup switch is all anyone ever really needs. Quality: Amazing for the price. I can see that Epiphones quality control is very strict and precise. Value: The price and quality ratio is what any aspiring guitarist dreams of. The Wow Factor: "Chick magnet", especially in black. Overall: Don't own it but I'll probably get one for my nephew who has just started. He asked me for a Squire but I'll see if I can make him realize that this is just so much better.

"kicks ass" submitted July 13, 2004

Music Style: Metal, Hard Rock
Sound: the dual humbuckers sound like duncans and create good sound clean and overdriven. Feature: Dual humbuckers, beautiful paint, and terrific sound, need i say more? Quality: I could throw this thing against the wall (not that i would) and it would still sound great. Value: For 150 bucks, can't go wrong. Manufacturer Support: THey are very friendly and responsive. The Wow Factor: the paint is beautiful. Overall: 2nd best guitar i own, my primary is an Aria MAC 50, with emg pickups, and this one sounds almost as good, unbelieveable what you get from this guitar.

"Wine Red is the shizzle" submitted August 28, 2008

Musical Background: pro, very experienced
Music Style: weird
Sound: For the money, you can't beat the pickups in this guitar. They have a very nice tone, and are very noiseless Feature: well, it has knobs and and a switch, what more do you need? Ease of Use: ease of use depends largely on your skill level, haha. But overall the feeling of the neck is quite nice. I hardly ever buy guitars without playing them, but I took a chance on this one. The neck is the perfect diameter for me. Not too fat, not too thin either, just right. Quality: Let me say that the pictures don't do justice to the finish on this guitar. I got the Wine Red model. Its actually a trasparent red so you can see a faint wood grain underneath, which I wasn't expecting, but it looks really great. The all black hardware as well is very sharp on the red. I lowered the action and got it to feel really nice. I should mention that I also have a Gibson Double Cut Away here as well, and I like the way this epiphone feels much better. I also got the action just as low as the gibson. The guitar feels very solid, and came with a quality check list card, which I thought was really cool since it has each point of inspection listed and that it passed. The frets are a good size, again right in the middle. Not too big, not too small. This is by far the best new guitar you can get for under $200, and as good as some you'd pay much more for. Value: come on, its $169!! Manufacturer Support: haven't had to deal with it. The Wow Factor: this guitar is very sexy indeed. Overall: I've been playing guitar a long time. I wanted something new and inexpensive. I am a used guitar dealer myself, I play plenty of vintage and "high end" guitars all the time. But every time a newer epiphone would come in, I was always impress with everything about them. That's why I made this purchase. I plan on keeping this guitar forever.

"EPIPHONE. GET ONE NOW!" submitted September 23, 2009

Overall
Sound: the sound is great.play good. has a nice neck. stays in tune. Feature: game with a nice gord. small good for da wah pedal Ease of Use: tune it and play it Quality: well nice. made good. good strings on it. it is some kind of guitar for the money!!! you can not buy another that is this nice for under 200.00 bucks. no way.i got it to day from zzounds can not stop playing it. love it. if you are going to buy it.get it from here. you can not beat zzounds. Value: it is a 10 all the way! Manufacturer Support: dont kown. it is made so good i dont think you will have to use them The Wow Factor: it feels like a real LP the color on it is un real.buy one and you well love it.it is that good. Overall: going to put it with my other guitars. it is a keeper.

"Awsome guitar for the price!!" submitted March 25, 2014

By Gabriel Martinez in Charlotte, NC
Overall
Musical Background: 6 years on music im no proffesional but i do my best on what i know and open for new things to learn about
Music Style: Latin music such as bachata, merengue and reggaeton
Overall: I was wanting a electric guitar because i usually use acoustic/electric for my projects and this came up i lookd at the reviews and i just felt like i had to have it....No lie this guitar is awsome it fullfills the needs i had and its very good!!

"Great Value!" submitted May 19, 2011

Musical Background: Learning Musician
Music Style: Blues, Rock, Punk, Metal
Sound: Has that rich LP tone and sustain that I love. I can get all those blusy tones to metal. It sounds better when you get some other strings than the stock. Feature: I wished it had volume and tone knobs for each pickup. Ease of Use: It is simple to find your way around the knobs. Everything is very obvious even for newbies. Quality: The body is very sturdy and built well. It is all and all very reliable. Value: Amazing Value!!!! So much for such a low price! Manufacturer Support: I never needed to contact Epiphone, ever. The Wow Factor: Its that famous lp shape and feel. Why wouldn't you want it? Overall: It is a great first guitar but you will want to look for a new one as you progress.

"Excellent value at a great deal of a price." submitted September 16, 2003

Music Style: All around rock
Sound: Very versatile sound for any type of music. The sound quality is excellent and hard to imagine for the price. I love it and didnt have to save for years to get that two thousand dollar les paul sound....this accomplished my goal and well over did my expectations. Iam using this with a Line6 Amp and a Korg ToneWorks pedal and they sound all excellent together. I use this in my garage and in my room and the sound is perfect....For this price I got much more than I ever expected. Feature: Doesnt have the 2 Tone 2 Volume knobs like other les pauls which is a shame but it still makes any type of music i want it to...any thing from the blues and country to heavy METAL. Quality: Looks stable to me....not the quality of the $2000 model but for the price it defintely looks totally top of the line and much more expensive than what it actually is. One of my friends all ready wants one of his own. Value: Excellent value and a must have for someone looking for versatile music with out all the money of a high end les paul. Excellent value...even had the chrome pickups which adds alot to the look of the guitar. Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: Typical les paul style and sound...nothing more to say Overall: I see this product meeting my needs for quite some time to come. It will replace the Fender I currently have and was 1/2 the price. I probably will add to this guitar and make it my only guitar. This item defintely is the BEST in its price range and probably the next one as well. The sound is excellent and plays perfect but it isnt the most beautiful thing in the world---jet black

"Very Nice for the Price" submitted December 6, 2006

Musical Background: Hobbyist, 30 year player
Music Style: country, oldies and classic rock
Sound: Great sounding guitar. I play mostly county and oldies rock, and it's perfect for this. A friend in a small group I sit in with acutally has an original 1958 Gibson, and in my opinion, this litle Epi ascutally has a much crisper sound and better tone quality. Setup perfect out of the box. The strings are OK, but you will want better ones when they start to wear. Of course as with any guitar, a lot of the sound depends on what you do with it. I run mine through a cheap Korg effects box and a Fender Frontman amp, but can get any sound I want, from heavy distortion to bright country licks. A little hall reverb and it really sings. Feature: Simple features, but all you really need. For me, too many controls only get in the way. Ease of Use: Very playable. I like the setup and the neck style. I feel it has actually made me a bit faster. Not a very heavy guitar like some I've played, but you feel like you've got ahold of something. Handles about like a Strat, so it's just right for me. I played it for hours when I first got it and never got tired. Quality: Mine came with a very nice fit and finish. Seems to be solid enough to hold up. I know some have complained about parts falling off, but I suspect they are teenagers trying to immitate their favorite grung band. Mine has had no problems, and everything seems to have a tight fit. The switches do seem a little cheap, but much better than you would expect on such a bargain. As for parts coming loose, I used to have an original Les Paul (back in my long hair hard rock days) and it came apart too when I slammed it around jamming. Value: For this price, I doubt you will find much better. There is no comparison between this and the cheap First Acts and Squires out there. Manufacturer Support: Warranty seems pretty much standard, but I haven't had to deal with support yet. The Wow Factor: Very Sexy. I got the ebony model and it looks great. The black and chrome look beautiful together. The black finish is almost like a black chrome. Very nice. Overall: I have played for over 30 years and am getting back into playing gigs. Nothing big, just small dances in local bars. I usually play an Ovation acustic for country, but since we are getting into some oldies rock, I needed to get into a cheap electric (sold my old ones years ago). I didn't want to spend a lot. Anyway, it's a really nice guitar for the price. You wouldn't expect this nice a sound out of something so inexpensive. Very good quality for the price as well. A great learning guitar, and would also be nice for a hobbyist or playing small venues. Again, the sound is as good as much more expensive guitars. I expect to have mine for some time.

"Great guitar, but the neck broke." submitted October 23, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: I play in two worship bands, play at music camps, and am starting a "real" band
Music Style: Punk, Pop, Rock, Hardcore: MCR, Paramore, Underoath, etc...
Sound: It sounds almost just like a "real" Gibson Les Paul and the pickups give it a really good sound. Feature: It included short skinny cable that, at the time I needed, so that was nice. It has two pickups, a pickup selector, and one volume and one tone control. That's really all you need to start out. Ease of Use: It had the best feel ever. The neck was a good leingth, it was surprisingly light, and the action was great. Quality: It was great until it fell off of my bed one day and the neck cracked inhalf. I think the should have made that stronger, but that also would have made it heavier. I had dropped it a few times on the floor and it didn't chip, though. Value: For $170, it's a steal! Manufacturer Support: I haven't dealt with them yet. The Wow Factor: It was beautiful, I bought it for the price and the looks. Overall: I wouldn't replace because I want a standard, but it is a great guitar.

Epiphone Les Paul Special Customer Review submitted December 5, 2006

Overall
Sound: You can get an incredible variety of sounds. After all, it's still a Les Paul, even if it is less expensive. Feature: My Gibson Epoch has the same knob configuration, so I can't degrede it. Some people complained, but I think it's fine. Ease of Use: Duh it's easy to get good sound, it's a Les Paul. It matches all of my other Les Pauls in sound, and the only difference is that there is slightly less sustain. Quality: Yeah, it's made well. After dropping it out of our gig van going on the highway, I went back to get it, and there was only a paint chip on the back of the headstock. I also banged it against the stage a few times, and kept on playing it. It's awesome. Value: Definitely worth the price. Manufacturer Support: Nevuh needuh ithu. The Wow Factor: Sexy piece of wood. Yeh. Overall: Great git.

Epiphone Les Paul Special Customer Review submitted June 13, 2007

Overall
Sound: The sound of this guitar is good for the price, it is better than the stratocaster, and with a decent amp you can get a good range of sounds out of it. It is better w/ distortion than without, it doesn't have the best tone either, but it is one rockin guitar with distortion. Feature: No. Quality: There is only one cosmetic blemish, one dent under the fretboad, but it is not visible from the front. Epiphone generally makes good guitars. Value: Yes, a good guitar for the price. The Wow Factor: It is not particularly genius besides the things that were cut to make it lower cost. It doesn't stand up to a les paul or sg (standered) but it is a good beginning guitar. Overall: I am still satisfied with the guitar, though I have my eye on a firebird. It is a good guitar for a very low price and it is of pretty good quality.

"A bargain at twice the price! Plays great, sounds awesome." submitted April 2, 2004

Music Style: Pop rock, roots rock
Sound: The humbuckers are beefy and beautiful. Sounds great through my Fender Princeton chorus 2x10, and a Marshall 2x12 that I played through lastnight. I use it with the Boss SD-1 overdrive pedal and get an awesome rhythm tone. Feature: Volume, tone, pickup switch. What else do you need? The neck is silky smooth. Quality: I've only had it for a little while, but this this seems to be built like a tank. Not too heavy, though. Beautiful all black finish. Value: A quality sounding and playing guitar for $150 bucks? Are you kidding? Buy two. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed The Wow Factor: Great finishes. I got the all black to save $50 bucks. But the sunburst is killer. Overall: I bought it to be a backup, but I think it will become my #1 guit. I'm extremely impressed for the price paid.

"Another Great Value from Epiphone" submitted April 2, 2013

By Zach Hayes in Dryden, NY
Music Style: Punk-rock mostly
Overall: This was my second guitar, and the first I bought for myself. It is my favorite guitar now, and from what I've seen it's one of the best values out there. It's got nice action and pickups like the other Epiphones in its price range, and sounds great.

"A street performer's dream" submitted June 25, 2009

Musical Background: Singer/songwriter
Music Style: Blues and Rock
Sound: Sound is either smooth for some sweet blues tones, or a little edgey for a great rock sound all at the flick of the toggle. Feature: It came with a cheesey little inst. cable. But should have had a cheesey little gig bag! Ease of Use: Very easy, very flexible, very nice. Quality: Seems very durable and the set up was quality right out of the box. Value: Totally impressed with how nice this guitar is. Its as comfy as blue jeans and t shirts and so basic. I like a clean "natural" electric sound for my blues and rock and this delivers. Manufacturer Support: I never use the company support, but zzounds reps. could use a "how to be a professional" seminar. The Wow Factor: A les paul is just sexy. But the black is by far the sexiest color. Overall: Look guys, I'm a street performer. My requirements are versatility, reliablity, and durability. And this LP II is all of that. I have a Crate Taxi portable amp and a blues driver pedal. Done! My setup is simple and road ready! I would instantly replace this guitar should anything ever happen.

Epiphone Les Paul Special Customer Review submitted December 16, 2007

Music Style: Alternative, Screamo, metal, in other words- any rock music
Sound: It sounds excellent on my crappy amp Ease of Use: the high frets can be a pain to use because its not a double cutaway Quality: i dropped it and the headstock hit a metal bar, and it still sounds great

"if you are going to buy guitar gear of any kind. get it here from zzounds. zzounds rules!!! can not beat them!!!" submitted November 3, 2009

Overall
Sound: this is one good guitar!! for the money you can not beat it! it stays in tune. has a great sound. the neck is fast.just a good guitar. Feature: all you need. Ease of Use: just tune it and play it. Quality: it is the best guitar i have seen for the bucks.. 169.00 you just cant beat it. no way. i have been playing for 30 years. this is the best. Value: this guitar rules. Manufacturer Support: i bet it is good The Wow Factor: it is a 10+ man it is so nice. buy one now!!!!!! Overall: for ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Wonderfull product, price, Wonderfull product, price, and retailer(Zzsounds) " submitted January 10, 2011

Musical Background: Hobbyist, my son would like to be more
Music Style: Classic Rock, some Modern Country, Jazz, ect. It is probably easier to say what I don't like
Sound: It's great, but can't really fully evaluate becauase i bought it for my 10 yr old son, who is just learning. Feature: No Value: great deal Manufacturer Support: Purchasing was great. follow up was great. that is all i have needed so far Overall: It is great for now, if he sticks with it I am sure more will be purchaced

"Great guitar for a great price!" submitted October 15, 2008

By sk8brd4god
Musical Background: Active Muscian
Music Style: Heavy Metal, Rock
Sound: For its price, pretty amazing Feature: It could have more control with the tone Ease of Use: its so easy to use, i move it around a lot, too easy to hook up! Quality: It had a nick in it when i got it, but i bumped it into a bunch of stuff & no scratches Value: Great, you couldn't ask for a better price Manufacturer Support: None so far The Wow Factor: Pretty damn sexy if i do say so myself Overall: Great!

"Totally worth the money." submitted December 30, 2008

Music Style: Metal
Sound: Sound is amazing. It really sounds like a true Les Paul. Feature: There are awesome things about the guitar. The only bad thing is the tone switch came off, but other than that it's awesome. Ease of Use: Really simplae to use. Choose your tone, tune it up and you're good. Quality: It's a really nice finish but the only thing that's bad is that it's a flat top guitar so you can't put a pickguard on it unless it's a custom pickguard. Value: It's not TOTALLY valuable, but it's one of the top ten guitars probably The Wow Factor: If you get it in ebony [which is what I have] or vintage sunburst, then people will pay attention to it. Overall: I expect to use for a few years, and then also use it for gigs.

"Awesome guitar for the price" submitted April 29, 2012

By Noah L in Souix Falls, TN
Overall
Musical Background: playing for 2 years, play a few small gigs..
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Christian
Sound: I play mostly metal, and this guitar is perfect. I wouldent record with it, but It sounds awesome live. If it got broken, I would probly replace it with an ESP EC, butfor now it works Feature: All the fetures are good, but the tuning machines don't stay in tune very long. It could be a set neck, but that would jack up the price, so never mind. I love the sound on the brige pickup, but I'll probly put a Semyour Duncan in the neck. Ease of Use: It all depends on if you know how to play or not. Quality: Its good quality, It can handle a just small gigs, but im not sure if it will last long on the road. Value: Awesome value for the price. Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: Eh...... Overall: Awesome guitar, Nuff' Said.

"Excellent guitar for the cash!" submitted April 28, 2013

By Joe Daddy in Albany, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Harmonica - blues style - learning how to play this guitar!
Music Style: Clapton, Raitt, Beth Hart, Joe Bonamassa....Stevie Ray!
Overall: I have the cherry version and lefty. I've taught myself how to play on this model and have become fairly good with it. Looking for the next version up now! Highly recommend this model for beginning geee-tar-ists!

"Nice Price, Nice overall quality, don't expect too much for this price !" submitted October 23, 2007

Musical Background: Active Player
Music Style: Metal, Classical
Sound: The sound is nice even if the pickups are cheap ones. It sounds much better with less distortion in my opinion. I'm using it with a Zoom G7.1ut Multi Effect and Line 6 Spider III 15W amp. It's the best sounding guitar you can get for this price! Sounds much better than a stratocaster. Feature: Not a lot of features here. Two Knobs: Tone and Volume. And a 3-way pickup switch. Volume is almost a on/off switch, the tone knob doesn't make much difference. They supplied a 10 feet cord with it which is of reasonable quality. Ease of Use: This thing is very playable. You can't get confused with only 2 knobs. You can use it for a very long time cause it is very light. Replace the strap pins for straplocks if you don't want it to fall on the floor. This guitar stay in tune if you keep the EADGBE tuning. Pegs are very fast so it is not a pleasure to tune this one. Quality: The guitar is well made for the price. It will not break easily. The factory setup was very bad when i got it out of the box: Bad pickups position, lots of frets buzz, especially on string 6 and 5, this is caused by the way the frets are assembled to the fretboard. The finish is SO nice! it's beautiful. Mine is ebony sunburst. No scratch at all, the finish and all the guitar is in perfect shape physically. You can rely on this instrument once the Luthier set it up, it's a VERY GOOD guitar for this price, it's better than most guitars between 200 and 500$. Value: You will not get a better guitar than this one for this price. It's perfect for a beginner or even intermediate player. You get more than what you paid for. Manufacturer Support: No support needed for now The Wow Factor: The guitar is very beautiful, it looks very good. I love this model. You can SEE that it is mostly impossible to break. I don't want it anymore cause i HAVE it :). It is my first electric guitar, and i will buy a true Gibson Les Paul very soon (but i will keep this one until it dies). Lefty guitars are not easy to sell :D Overall: I'm satisfied with this product for now. I will eventually replace it with a true gibson les paul when life will make it possible. It is not worth modifying this guitar with new pickups, pegs, bridge and all that. It would be probably better to buy an Epiphone Les Paul Standard if you want to mod it, or something that is not Bolt-on. I've chosen this product cause it was very cheap and i wanted a guitar right now, and the store had it left-handed. Not to mention i fell in love with the ebony sunburst finish! I hate the tuning pegs on it but, did i mention i love the ebony sunburst? The fretboard is very comfortable too

Epiphone Les Paul Special Customer Review submitted November 13, 2004

Overall
Sound: sounds really good, i played on a crappy amp so it sounded kinda bad but still good Feature: i like the knobs, one is just rythm and when u wanna solo u just hit the switch, yea i get excited over the little things Quality: i played a used one and it was still in great shape Manufacturer Support: i odnt own it and the kid i know hasnt dealt with them The Wow Factor: very cheap and good quality

"M-AZING GUITAR very low price for this great guitar" submitted May 13, 2008

Overall
Sound: In my opinion this guitar has great sound for hard rock,rock,country Feature: Came with an amp wire which was really thin which I like but everyone may not like it Ease of Use: very nice and easy to get a great sound from it and it goes great with distortion Quality: The finish is great very smooth with a nice paint coat on it. I think this one will last me years Value: The price is very cheap for this great guitar Overall: ??? but its a great guitar

"Great for the newcomers!" submitted March 17, 2009

Music Style: Rock, Metal, Blues
Sound: Great sound for a begginer. Not to be compared to a real Gibson, even a Studio, But overall, its great for anyone wanting to learn. Feature: I originaly had the whole pack it comes in, but now ive upgraded everything but the guitar. Simple controls, i really wish it had the extra tone, and volume knob, But hey, At this price, cant ask for to much more. Ease of Use: With my amp (marshall valvestate 8040) I can get great metal sounds with an added distortion pedal, but also some great southern rock, and hard rock without one. The volume knob takes awhile to break in, but once it does, it helps out alot. The tone knob on mine has two settings, all tone, or no tone. So equalization is needed. Quality: Biggest problems, set up, and input jack. Once i had it proffesionaly set up, it plays amazing. And i just have to tighten the input jack or else it falls out. Value: Amazing value for any begginer, and if you plan on modding it like me, im sure this is a great project guitar. Manufacturer Support: Never had to use it! The Wow Factor: From far away, mine in vintage sunburst looks great. Id say the best on this model. The rest look very cheap to me. Overall: Ive had this for 5 years, but i honestly didnt start playing until last year. Im looking for a new one already, but i think it will do for about 6 more months.

"Excellent value for money." submitted February 3, 2005

By a customer from onetel.net
Music Style: R&B and Jazz
Sound: I'm a bass player and bought this as a spare for playing guitar when I don't want to use my Yamaha acoustic. The sound quality is excellent, and for the price you can't find much better pickups. Feature: Finish is good, and the lacquer goes well with the vintage sunburst colour. Love the toggle switch. Quality: Finish is very good for the price Value: Excellent value for money. Overall: This will always remain in my collection of guitars.

"perfect guitar for the perfect price." submitted April 16, 2007

Overall
Music Style: rock, acoustic rock.
Sound: i bought this used as a starter guitar, and it is one of the best guitars i've ever played, and i've played on multiple guitars costing well over 4-5 times as much. Feature: there were only two knobs and they worked fine, they worked well and thats the important thing. Ease of Use: so easy, i picked it up and was able to play fine on it without adjusting anything at all. really good guitar. Quality: i have walked the neck strait into walls alot and its still playing like it was new. i have also dropped it alot and it still plays like a dream. Value: this is one of the best guitars i have seen period. you are a fool if you pass this up, i got mine used and it cost more than this. Manufacturer Support: i don't know so i gave them a ten... might as well The Wow Factor: its desigend bueatiffuly and people have said that between me and my friends i had the nicest guitars, and theres were 500 plus dollars. Overall: if i ever buy another guitar it would be a vanity guitar and i would still end up playing this one.

"s'good" submitted November 23, 2007

Music Style: Kick ass ROCK
Sound: sounds great, iv always wanted a les paul and this is just great! Feature: not many at all, the cord and 2 knobs, but i guess thats a good thing for beginners. Ease of Use: Very easy to use, company set up is terrible though. Two knobs as i said easy as that. Quality: wont break on you...ever... Value: you get what you pay for Manufacturer Support: havent used em yet, so i guess great. The Wow Factor: sooooo sexy i want to have sex with it =-) course i wouldnt Overall: iv always wanted a les paul and this is what i got!

"Not a bad guitar at all =]" submitted January 12, 2008

Musical Background: Active Musician, Hobbyist, Band, Recreational Use
Music Style: Hardcore, Jazz, Alternative, Melodic Metal, Blues
Sound: Okay, let me begin by saying you get what you pay for with this guitar. The sound of this guitar is pretty decent for it's price. It doesn't have the hottest sustain, but it's okay in that department. When I purchased this guitar I wasn't a beginner at playing, but I didn't know much about what made guitars sound how you want them to. I put DiMarzio Evolutions in this guitar and it did increase the sound quality. You can't get a really deep or thick sound from this which is a downer. But over-all this is not a horrible guitar. I recently took a few steps up and sold this guitar and bought a Jackson DKMG: it's amazing =] Feature: There wasn't anything included with this except a couple of allen wrenches and a small 5 foot cord. Ease of Use: This guitar is pretty easy to deal with. Tuning and re-stringing it is not a pain in any way. The knobs are in easy to reach places unlike a real Les Paul with the tone switch near the neck. Quality: The quality is okay. I got this for Christmas and right out of the box, there was a four in crack in the clear coat at the stop tail piece where it had been drilled in way to hard. That made me pretty upset as you would guess. The neck is not as parallel to the body as it should be but it's not terrible. Manufacturer Support: Didn't need it

"Awesome guitar, especially for the price" submitted June 5, 2013

By Elga G in Los Angeles, NV
Musical Background: play music for 3+ yrs, 1+ yr professionally
Music Style: Pop
Sound: Only two knobs can be a hold back for some, but I think less is more being that I only play rhythm guitar and don't shred in solos or anything like that. My friends, pro musicians, studio guitar players, etc. have played it and said it's a great deal. Again, I had it set up by an awesome luthier who really worked his magic lowering the action with no buzzing whatsoever. Quality: 3 years and counting, still plays like a charm. Value: Absolutely a great item for the money Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed them The Wow Factor: Definitely a Wow factor to this. I bought it back when the cherry color was an option and it looks awesome and sounds great, plays very well and stays in tune! With no pick guard you'll likely have some good character added to it after a year or so - always a plus. Overall: Of course you're going to need to get the guitar set up by a pro when you purchase it. You should do this with any guitar out of the box. If you go to a good luthier, for about $40 they will have this $150 guitar playing like a $350 dollar guitar or better. I've had mine for about 3 years now and it still sounds awesome. Care for it and it will take good care of you. I can leave it on a stand for weeks on end and it won't go out of tune (takes about two months on the stand before it barely needs a tune adjustment). Obviously I fine tune it before playing it each time, but also during play I haven't had it go out of tune one bit. This is the biggest flaw of lower end guitars, but this one doesn't suffer from going out of tune! I was very pleased.

"I'm a professinal. This guitar is great for anyone learning to play guitar." submitted December 11, 2008

By a customer from live.com
Musical Background: Active Muzik_Man_
Music Style: Metal
Sound: For an epiphone its actually quite good. I have a line 6 amp which helps out. Remember its not a Gibson, which means you can play it and hold back the tears of righteousness. You get more than you pay for. Feature: I hate the tuning pegs they feel stupid. Two of them are trying to break. Sucks theres only one volume and one tone knob. Everything else is great. (theres really not much left to be great) Ease of Use: Pulled it out o the box. Played the solo to crazy train. End of story. Quality: Lets face it this guitar is under $200 anyway, but the only problem is the tuning pegs. Value: Its pretty much free. Free is good. Manufacturer Support: Hadnt had a problem with it. The Wow Factor: Its my wife.

"GREAT DEAL...If you can pay extra after purchase." submitted December 12, 2008

Musical Background: budding guitarist
Music Style: Mostly Classic Rock...Led Zeppelin
Sound: Oh man oh man oh man oh man! This guitar has every sound you can think of. You don't need eight guitars for eight different sounds. This thing cranks out all of them. It's a blues guitar, metal guitar, rocknroll guitar, screaming guitar or a mellow bass-y guitar. Feature: I like the glass knobs and vintage neck feel. It's so classic. Ease of Use: This guitar is an instantly playable guitar. It takes two seconds to turn it from a screaming speed metal guitar to a mellow blues guitar. A tone knob and a toggle switch is all provided and needed. Quality: This guitar needed a serious hardware re-installation. Tuning hardware needed replaced, lead jack super loose, and the bridge was messed up. It's perfect after the big upgrade at the guitar shop. Value: Ah, this thing needed a thirty dollar tuneup. Hardware re-installation as mentioned above. Manufacturer Support: There was no way it could get better. I got this guitar for my birthday, and when it stopped working instantly, I took it back to where I got it, and the guy repaired it immediately and for free. It turned up to be some wires crossing, just needed separated. The Wow Factor: you worded that weird. Um, okay, The neck is the classic, vintage-est hot-looking neck ever in the world. It is like a rich brown and black. The body is simple, but after polishing, it is reflective and sweet. I think the white and red are a little cooler, though. But barely. I have the black one. Overall: I like most the neck and all-around tones. I hate that it came with indecent hardware. I wish I knew how cool this was before I got it!

"What's the real deal on this guitar? Check it out." submitted July 29, 2005

By a customer from verizon.net
Musical Background: my 4th guitar but still learning
Sound: Sounds Great Feature: The strings suck! Replace the Immediately! Quality: I expect it to last a long time and believe it will. Value: Worth well above the asking price Manufacturer Support: They say "lifetime limited warranty" Read the exclusions. I don't know what they WOULD cover. VERY LIMITED. The Wow Factor: Not just great to play, it's beautiful to look at when it's just hanging on my wall Overall: I travel a lot and plan to take this guitar wherever I go. I expect to have it for a long time.

"Epiphone Les Paul" submitted November 2, 2003

Music Style: Heavy Metal, Nu-Metal
Sound: This guitar has nice warm tone. it sounds great. Feature: not much on it. just a volume and tone knob and a pickup switch. but hey if you are a beginner or even if u arent thats all u really need right? the tuners are good. Quality: the sound a look is good, but other than that, damn. the pickup switch broke after a couple of days i bought it, and the wiring inside got disconneted from the part u plug the guitar in..... by the way, i always kept my guitar on my guitar stand when not playing it... not put together very well.... Value: other than it falling apart, its worth the money. Manufacturer Support: havent contacted them yet

"Epiphone LP Special II: Poor Man's 'end wrench'." submitted May 24, 2010

Music Style: Country, blues, songwriter
Sound: OK; It's not high quality pickups, but they are good enough for any $170 Indonesia-built guitar! They sound pretty darn good through my tricked out Fender Princeton Reverb. They are not Lindy Fralins, OK? You can get pinch harmonics easily on the bridge pickup. Position 2 is the best, as usual: clear with some sweetness... good for beach music. Neck pickup alone is strong and not too 'woofy' in the bass if lowered to the ring on the bass side. It's a pretty good, not great, pickup set. Feature: No accessories. Rated '8' since there is no coil tap feature. But it's got 2 pretty good humbuckers that are versatile and clear. The bass could be firmer, but it's a cheap price guitar (not cheap build). The parts are pretty good and the workmanship beats many Gibsons made in the USA. Go look for yourself. Ease of Use: This is the surprise: very nice setup and plays great! Quality: The tuners are pretty smooth and positive, a retention feature on the tailpiece is cool, trans-black hardware, open pickups and a quiet switch. The pots and internals are offshore and replaced for $20-30 with high quality pots and capacitor if you want to do it. A 'poor man's end wrench' is solid, useful, handy, does the job, and is basic. That's what this guitar is. I'm picky and this is finished really well and set up well. Nice fret polish and smooth ends. Quiet switch and jack and the joints and laquer are clean and like on a high dollar guitar. The body is 3 piece and not handsome, but good enough for any intermediate player and band work. Value: THIS is where it shines. Maybe one of the very best values aside from the Fender 50s Vintage Vibe line of Teles and Strats at $350 USD. For a casual guitar that plays really well and sounds plenty good enough for a band, it's hard to beat. And I have a Tokai Les Paul Reborn, which is a sought after Japanese 'lawsuit' LP and the equal of all but the very best Gibsons from the 1970s onward. Manufacturer Support: Cannot say, but it's a simple solid body guitar with accessible internals. You can fix it easily when the switch goes out. The Wow Factor: It's not sexy... It's basic and glossy Wine Red and understated. But it feels and hangs great. It's like a basic Corolla: cheap and well made and reliable and does the job really well and trouble free! Overall: This is one of the few best values I ever found in an electric. I have owned an Eric Johnson Strat, a Bill Crook Tele (Brad's builder), Reverend Flatroc, Jap Strats and Teles, etc. so I understand guitar value. The Special II is not second rate in its feel and balance. The pickups are decent or better and the tuners are pretty good. It's not perfect, but it is definitely not a throwaway guitar for a kid, but is priced like it.

"a whole lot of guitar for the $" submitted August 21, 2003

By a customer from att.net
Overall
Sound: I got this for my 9 yr. old. I can't put it down, great sustain and tone. I got the wine red with mahogany body. What a value! The pictures don't do it justice, this guitar is beautiful. Feature: It could use better tuners. Value: Not quite as good as my '72 Strat., or Gibson Les Paul's I have played, but for the price it is amazing. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had the need. The Wow Factor: The wine red finish is absolutely beautiful.

"Epiphone LP Special 2" submitted April 2, 2006

Overall
Sound: I don't have much experience with other les pauls, but comparing the sound of my guitar with others, I can tell that the quality of this guitar is awesome. Using the right equipment, you'll get incredible les paul sound!!!. Maybe les pauls don't fit completely with my music taste, but I love this guitar. I love Les Paul/Marshall sound, so I own a Marshall, and some effects processors. A tip: be careful with the bass equalization, since this guitar ussualy sounds really "bassy". Feature: The guitar doesn't come with accessories. It's a really simple guitar. I wish it had two tones instead of one, and two volumes instead of one. The pickguard would be very nice. But we need to remember that this is a really cheap, but awesome guitar!!!. The "burst" look really "robot made". I wish it looked more "handmade". The wood look cheap. Ease of Use: It's quite simple to get great sound. The interface couldn't be easier. There is NO MANUAL (bad point). Quality: Yes, the product is made well. The quality control seems good, but it'd be recomendable to check really carefully the guitar before buying it. The product is pretty reliable. Value: It's pretty cheap. Manufacturer Support: I haven't used the warranty yet. I once tried to contact epiphone customer care service ( by email ) and they never answered. My guitar never broked. Overall: I'm planning to buy a best guitar within 1 year or so. the reasond for that is that this is a cool guitar, but it's for begginers.

"One of the best quality guitars I have seen." submitted February 12, 2008

Musical Background: Hobbyist, intermediate level
Music Style: blues, pop, country, jazz
Sound: For the price, you just can't get better sound than this. It's better than many guitars in the $500+ range. Feature: This is a very basic package, but it is all you would ever need. Ease of Use: Very easy to play. Company is the only one I know that does a good set up job before it is shipped. Very good right out of the box. Quality: For an inexpensive guitar, I did not expect the best quality. Boy was I surprised. This was the highest quality I have seen on any guitar. Value: This guitar could command a much higher price. Manufacturer Support: Never any problems. The Wow Factor: I have the ebony one and the chrome hardware looks awsome on it. Very good looking guitar. Overall: I do not intend to replace it with anything else. It is all I would ever need. I considered virtually all name brand guitars from about $500 and less and this was by far the best. The quality just really stands out when you handle it.

"Buy It This Minute" submitted August 6, 2007

Music Style: Rock, Metal, Classic Rock,Techno
Sound: this guitar is a les paul so it sounds good. it makes any sound you want it too. awesome sound Feature: Comes with the amp cables witch is nice. great humbucker. very nice weight Value: ITS A LES PAUL FOR 150. vALUE=DUH Manufacturer Support: Ephiphone is a great guitar brand by Gibson. Never had too deal with them becasue they made this guitar so well The Wow Factor: The color vintage sunburst is amazing. It feels like a 500.00 les paul yet its so cheap. The weight is great and so is the amp cable that comes with it Overall: Buy this guitar its the best one ive every had( i have 7)

"SWEET" submitted November 8, 2003

Overall
Music Style: Still learning so im not sure yet...Rock and metal maybe?
Sound: This Is my first guitar I got It a year ago and it has great feel, sound and action. I love this guitar, now I just wanna upgrade the pickups to some nice 490R and 490T pickups to give it a nicer sound. Feature: Seeing how i got mine used it didn't have any accessories, but i bought a starter pack along with it made by Crate and its awesome. Quality: Its made by Epiphone which is part of Gibson (a cheaper gibson, just like squier and fender, fender is more). Great beginner guitar Value: How can you go wrong for $150? Manufacturer Support: I havent had to call them about it yet but i have e-mailed them with questions and i get good responses. The Wow Factor: Nice feel and looks Overall: FUN GUITAR

"What you pay for is what you get" submitted December 23, 2011

Music Style: rock, worship
Sound: Its ok... I mean what you pay for is what you get. I cat see myself recording with it any time. You can get some nice clean tone out of it with a good amp. Feature: Tuners are crap. I cannot get this thing to stay in tune for 5 minutes. Other than that everything seems ok. Ease of Use: Pretty playable for the price. Soloing can be rough on it if you're moving around a lot though. Good for chording it has a fatter neck. Quality: Like I said what you pay for is what you get, the bridge pickup is cutting out and I've had it for only 4 years and take good care of it. Value: They could probably get away with selling it for around $180 but I can't see why anyone would buy it for more. It's a good beginner guitar, but it's not the best thing out there for the price. Manufacturer Support: I'm sure Epiphone support is good and Zzounds is absolute best. The Wow Factor: It looks real good but the tone and playability isn't exactly great. I'll sell it if get a replacement practice guitar. Overall: There are better instruments out there for the price. If you actually want to perform with it you'll have to replace the tuners and I'd recommend better pickups, I wouldn't buy it again.

"NOT A GOOD CHOICE! " submitted September 26, 2009

Music Style: Classic Rock,sometimes Metal
Sound: The Sound is decent.When I play with distortion its kinda hard to hear. Feature: Has a volume,and a tone knob.No tremolo.No other features. Ease of Use: Hard to hit the bottom frets. Quality: Knob fell off a couple times,input jack fell off plenty of times. Value: its an ok price i think it should be sold for 99 Manufacturer Support: No Experience The Wow Factor: Im kinda forced to play it.Guitar Center cut me a deal. Overall: Not even a year.....I want differant guitar.

"Sure winner!" submitted December 4, 2009

By a customer from digitalsilver.biz
Overall
Musical Background: In a band-have played guitar 22 years.
Music Style: Rock Alternative
Sound: The guitar sounds great! A great deal too. I've wanted a Les Paul for 20 years and this was one I could afford. I ran it through my Randall half stack and was not upset with the sound at all. Feature: It has all I need. It came with a cable, sticker, poster and a catalog- I was not expecting that. Mine is white and I love the way it looks. Very sleek! Ease of Use: Easy to play. Very light weight so you're not weighed down if you're playin' a gig. Quality: Well built-I'm sure I'll have this guitar forever. You can never have enough guitars! Value: This was a great deal-it's a cheap plain guitar, but if you know how to play you can make any guitar sing to a point. I never thought such a great guitar could cost so little. Very happy! Manufacturer Support: No need so far, but zzounds is great! The Wow Factor: This guitar is sure to get attention. The white is very pretty and such a contrast against a dark backdrop that is always on the scene. Overall: I'll have it forever. I couldn't happier with this guitar!

"A guitar that you'll want to play for days" submitted December 9, 2003

Music Style: Blues based Rock
Sound: The notes ring out warm and clear, push it with an overdrive, and the guitar sustains on and on. I like the combination tone-wise of maple and alder on this guitar.Unlike all mahogany, there is no sign of muddiness, more bright, less dark.I usually prefer set neck but this bolt on neck is one of the better I have played.I play it through a discontinued Marshall all-tube JTM30 combo from the mid 90's.I love it for Blues and hard rock. Very sweet for chordal Hendrix-y type playing as well. I like it for an all around gigiing axe. Very durable..and won't hurt the pocket to replace if lost or stolen or damaged. Feature: There were no accesories, you have to buy a case or gig bag. I would advise setting the guitar up with 0.10's instead of the .009's it arrives with. I like the exposed coil pic-ups, and maple/alder body woods used.The guitar stays in tune, but I always double lock my strings around the post anyway, and stretch them well before playing. There is no need to change the tuners as some have suggested. Quality: The fret edges are a little sharp, but that is minor. The neck in general is fast and comfortable to play.A very road worth guitar! Very solidly built quailty instrument, will last a very long time. Value: I believe that the guitar is not only worth it's selling price, but could go for alot more and be worth it, (of course I am glad these imports are cheap, but they play and sound as good or better, as many of their USA contemporaries.) Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to deal with the company, so that in itself is good. No repairs needed thus far. The Wow Factor: It looks really great sounds fantastic, and has that vintage vibe going on. The finish is professional, and the components are top notch. I am very attached to this guitar, and many of my snobby friends thought I was crazy raving about it, until they themselves heard me play it! Overall: I would replace it in a heartbeat if it were lost or stolen, case closed. A very sleek, edgy, meat and potaoes type guitar that will serve the hobyist to the professional very well.It has yet to disappoint me on stage or in studio.

"Not half bad" submitted June 29, 2006

Overall
Sound: It has a very nice mellow sound. Overall it is good however GET NEW STRINGS!!! I have elixers and it made a huge difference. Feature: Simple thats about it. Ease of Use: Its a $150 guitar its not great but with good strings its better. Quality: I have to tighten input constantly which gets really annoying. Overall the guitar feels pretty solid. Value: For a $150 it's a great guitar to play around with or to begin with. I bought this just to have an eletric to play with. I tried a lot of guitars in the same price range and this was by far my favorite. Manufacturer Support: Never called but warranty doesn't cover much. The Wow Factor: Sorry the sunburst is pathetic I didn't have a choice but get a solid color.

"I own it...I know it!" submitted November 29, 2003

Overall
Music Style: Indie White Boy rock....Radiohead...Coldplay...Blur...Muse...Idlewild...
Sound: The sound is good and clear, yet crunchy with the humbuckers...however, it can also let out some mellow soft sounds aswell! Feature: Not packed full of features, but just the fact of having humbuckers is enough for a guitar of this price. Quality: Very sturdy guitar...looks good...although my neck is slightly out of its joint and a screw in the pick up fell out whilst I was thrashing around these are the only real problems I have had.....oh except the lead input seems to be in need of soldering every now and then and i have trouble with the lower pick up...however all of these can be easily fixed! Value: For what your getting...its a hell of a lot better than buying a squier strat! Manufacturer Support: I can't actually say, as I fix the problems myself...but as its GIBSON/epiphone then I'll give it 10!! The Wow Factor: Not the best...but it looks cool thanks to the LES PAUL thang and having epiphone on the headstock is better than having Squier! Overall: You will be satisfied with this guitar as long as you own it...although more expensive guitars as future purchases may top it...but all round a very good guitar!

"Simple yet stunning!" submitted December 19, 2007

Overall
Sound: I found that the strings that come with the guitar a little too light for the guitar so I'd recommend a heavier string guage for it. Feature: I would have liked another tone knob but that's all. Ease of Use: With the smooth fret board and the lack of features, this guitar is very simple to use but it does not get boring. Quality: Amazing for the price. Nice and heavy for long periods of sustain and the neck is perfectly shaped. Value: Very good money wise. The Wow Factor: Amazing finish and very elegant guitar, especially in black. Overall: Value is amazing and quality has not been sacrificed for price.

Epiphone Les Paul Special Customer Review submitted September 9, 2007

Overall
Sound: Sounds great, but I prefer DiMarzio FRED or Evo. Feature: Not a bunch of knobs, but I'm gettin one just to mod it. Ease of Use: The necks on these things are amazing. Quality: Won't break. Ever. My friend dropped his and puked on it and it still works. Value: I'd pay a lot more. Manufacturer Support: I hear they're great. The Wow Factor: The main reason I'm getting one is to look awesome in white. Overall: Great.

"Good for the price" submitted November 18, 2005

By a customer from peoplepc.com
Musical Background: 7 years playing
Music Style: 80s Metal, Melodic Death Metal, Hard Rock, Blues
Sound: This sounds good for what it is, i bought it as a back up guitar. I glued the neck increasing sustain. Im going to put grover tuners in. and a gibson picup in the bridge. Good for a beginner or as a project guitar. By the way ignore the company plugs, down below yannow the guy thats been playin since 1962 and gives it all 10s hes on here about 4 times. Quality: It is what it is a cheap guitar do some work on it if you want to make it better. Good for the price thogh. Value: DEfinitely better then fender squires. And at least epiphone puts there name on it. As someone whos been playing for 7 years id never touvh a squire just cuz fender wont put there name on it. This i dont mind cuz it says epiphone. I mean at least they dont call it rookie by epiphone or something. Manufacturer Support: No idea The Wow Factor: Good lookin guitar although i dont nail guitars so im not sure what there askin here. Overall: Like i said a good project/back up guitar for more advanced players like me or a good beginner guitar. I have a NJ Warlock with sppedloader floyd rose thats my baby, but this is fun to play around with.

"Stay Back For Your Safety!!!" submitted November 9, 2005

Musical Background: Active Shredder In A Band
Music Style: I hate categorizing music
Sound: This guitar sounded great right out of the box and continued to sound great for like a week. After that it sucked. I only took it one place (to my friends house for an hour) and after that i never left my music room so how could it have crapped out after virtually no use? The toggle switch doesn't work in the up or down positions unless I stand on one foot rub my head and hop while I play (an exaggeration its called sarcasm). The G string will not stay tuned for the life of me and the guitar itself goes out of tune fairly quickly. The frets buzz. I was very dissapointed and cant believe epiphone let alone gibson would let this happen to an instrument with their names on it. Feature: Nothing. It has no special features and when the few ones that come on it don't even work well then what are you to do? Quality: This thing is a joke. Like I said before I cant beleive that Epiphone let alone Gibson would put their names on it. The name Les Paul is a desgrace for this guitar. Just because it has a specific body style in no way makes this guitar a Les Paul. Its Les Junk. The finish is really nice though and the body looks good. But other than hanging uselessly on my wall and looking good next to my other guitars its worthless. Value: My first guitar was a Squire Bullet for $100 bucks and it was better than this thing. The Wow Factor: It looks good but take my word for it, thats all it does. Overall: I'm not satisfied with this instrument and short of replacing all the hardware I dont see myself becoming satisfied with it. If I wanted a body I could have made the les paul style out of wood myself though. I feel embarrassed saying this though, because when I bought it I was so excited with haveing a Les Paul I could say no wrong with it. Dont fall in love with the idea of having a Les Paul get a Les Paul. This Les Junk BLOWS!!

Epiphone Les Paul Special Customer Review submitted January 25, 2009

Overall
Sound: the guitar dosent give me to sound i want to play heavy rock stuff like welcome home by coheed and cambria and stuff like that Feature: no and i wish this guitar had better actoin on it because when im play for a long time mf fingers killllll!!!!!!! Ease of Use: not easy at all not very playable Overall: the sound is ok but its realy cheap mine broke in the first month so i selling some stuff to get a epiphone les paul 100

"Take her for a spin" submitted October 11, 2006

Musical Background: Professional Musician
Music Style: Shoegaze, music with beauty and intensity
Sound: It's no high-end model. You'll get crunchier and thicker tones from a lot of different guitars out there; it's a combo of the wood, design and pick-ups, but for the price it really does sound al right. It's not the loudest thing out there, but you can get her to cut through the mix and you can still get some solid clean or crunch tones out of it with the right configurations. Most of all though the guitar doesn't sound like it was made cheap just to get out on the shipping block as fast as possible. It actually can be used on stage or in the studio. Won't hold up like a real Epi, Les Paul or Eastwood, but it won't let you down either. Feature: It's simple enough, has the dual humbuckers, the two tone and knob controls and the two volue controls, what more can you ask for really? Each setting sounds good, be it the bridge, the neck or both pick-ups in unison and the tone controls actually do vary the tone quite a bit giving you a customizable range. Like any good Ep. Ease of Use: Feels just fine, a bit too gritty for the seasoned vets and a slightly disproportionate neck compared to other more well-crafted guitars, but other then that it's got a solid feel to it. The rest is up to your skill level. It's a great guitar to start up on because it feels like a full-on electric, not those cheap 'student' kinds. Quality: You're getting far more then what you pay for. It's got some tuning issues, needs to hold up a bit better there, but that's after some real thrashing, everything else is actually solidly built, more durable even then 2000 dollar and higher Les Pauls. This one can take a few drops without disshevling itself. Sound is nothing professional, neither is the feel but it's certainly not bottom of the barrel. The hardware was well done too. Good stuff Value: You want a quick fix electric? Go for it, you can't go wrong. Manufacturer Support: Never needed it The Wow Factor: I'm just reviewing this to kill some time before some pics upload, and it's definitely not in my want it list anymore. But if I saw one for a real good price I may snag it up, never hurts to have more geetars in your arsenal, and this guy wouldn't look half-bad in there anyhow. Overall: Give er a shot, Gibson did well here.

"Really good guitar for the price" submitted October 14, 2006

Musical Background: 13 year old aspiring guitarist
Music Style: pop-punk/emo
Sound: sounds really good. this is the only electric guitar i own, but compared to others i have played at guitar stores,friends houses, etc. it is the best sounding for this price range Feature: for the price you wouldnt expect much, and you would be right. one knob for tone and one for volume. they do their job well Ease of Use: extremely easy since there are only two knobs on the guitar itself Quality: one of the bolts on the input fell off after the first day but i put it back on with a wrench and it hasnt done anything else since Value: definitely worth at least the $150. i would say more Manufacturer Support: didnt need any support so i cant rate The Wow Factor: looks awesome, sould use a pick guard though

"Don't Waste our money" submitted August 4, 2006

Overall
Sound: pickups are horrible and you cant even teel the diffrence between treble and rythm on a clean sound Feature: there are no features Ease of Use: not fun to play. doesnt feel good playing Quality: knobs break off very easy. as soon as you get it it needs a set up. Value: it's a waste of money Manufacturer Support: warranty is horrible The Wow Factor: the body isnt the same a as regular les paul Overall: really bad guitar. i would recommend the hello kitty strat before this guitar

"CAUTION!!!!" submitted June 15, 2006

Overall
Quality: Horrible, when i got it the strings were so far away from the neck it was worse then playing then my acoustic. Value: Dont even bother buying this... remeber you get what you pay for Manufacturer Support: Warranty basically covers nothing The Wow Factor: compared to a normla les paul or a strat this is pretty ugly

"My Epiphone Special II" submitted January 1, 2006

By a customer from optonline.net
Musical Background: Hobbyist, Garage Band
Music Style: Rock, Acoustic Rock.
Sound: It has a good sound. Feature: Good solid features for a guitar of this price. Quality: I found no flaws with this guitar, and the quality is better than I was expecting. Value: I felt that it held its own compared to comprable guitars, such as the Squier. Manufacturer Support: I havent had to deal with them yet. The Wow Factor: Good looking guitar for a great price makes you want it even more. Overall: I like the guitar, not something i will hold on to forever but does the job for the time being.

When you call, mention priority code 1604-7BNY. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976