When you call, mention priority code 160X-CLRH

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone Sheraton Archtop

This beauty delivers rich semi-hollow tone, with a 3-piece set maple neck, laminated maple body, and block and triangle inlays on the rosewood fretboard.

Overall

"Great guitar for the money, I own two and play both constantly!" submitted September 16, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: Pro over 40 years as a guitar player , bass, keyboard,drums,producer, song writer
Music Style: everything except rap
Sound: sounds warm and round Feature: everything works great on both of mine Ease of Use: easy to play.. changed the nut to bone in one and ebony in the other Quality: made solid.. no issues.. survived the 1994 earthquake in Los Angeles very well Value: This is way worth the price even if you upgrade some parts Manufacturer Support: NO The Wow Factor: I love it.. wanted it to play jazz on. Each one is different. Played all of them at the Guitar Center in Hollywood. Picked the two best. One natural and one brown sunburst type.. Overall: Great axe.. wouldn't trade it for anything. Just a fine value.

"Classic beauty-a joy to play" submitted June 16, 2004

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Music Style: R&B, rock, country
Sound: I like the sound. It has it's sound. I've ran it through a Peavy 800 and Fender 90. I was pleased with both, as I am my other guitars. But it's a little more melodic and has a classic sound. Good for the blues. I also like to play it without an amp. I can sit down and work things out without the wife giving me the fish eye. (about that anyway). I can't do that with my Les Paul. (yes my hearing is. . . notasogood). Feature: I'm not sure that I like the placement of the plug (on the front). I'm used to the recepticle being on edge. Quality: Beautiful Guitar. Gold pickups, windings and bridge Excellent finish. Played well right our of the box. Extremely smooth playing. Swith and knobs could be improved. I understand (thru other comments) that the gold will check as it ages. It also has some weight to it. Not like the a Les Paul - (Look under "chiropractor" in the yellow pages), but it is heavier than I thought it would be Value: The Sheraton II is a buy. Sit with it. Sit with it's cousin (ES335). Determine ROI (that's "return on investment" for you left brain types). Determine FUN (that's "pleasure" for you spacial types). The choice should be easy at that point. Manufacturer Support: No problemo's The Wow Factor: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but just let me say that I like to be holding this guitar. It is a knockout. Someone seeing me holding this exquisit classic beauty may even fall under the illusion of thinking that I could play it. Overall: I love playing this guitar. Being a nonprofessional, (why ruin the inspiration!) and playing with a small group of "seasoned rockers" for celebrative events, I have a Gibson Les Paul circa 1984, Taylor accoustic and Ovation classical. (We can destroy a whole range of musical genre if you just give us the opportunity). But the Sheraton II has become my guitar of choice for electric blues and rock in that it is so effortless and fun to play. Yea, there is some trade off in that the sound ( I run it through a Fender super 90 amp) is a shade less crisp, a little mellower than my Les Paul. There is a little trace of hiss detected if your listening for it. The Sheraton's knobs, switches and tuners are inferior to it's cousin (ES335). But for a third of the ES335 cost, it is a great sounding, smooth playing, bone-jarring beautiful (I have the natural finish) guitar that will exceed expectations. For those higher on the guitar wizard food chain ( I have a blues guitarist friend that actually knows how to play!), you might just want to pick up one of these Sheraton II's just to remind you why you play in the first place.
49 of 51 people (96.08%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"One Super Guitar!" submitted July 21, 2004

By a customer from peoplepc.com
Overall
Music Style: If I like it, I play it regardless of type...I do lean towards Country
Sound: I like the versatility of this guitar...I play different types of music anything from Country to Hard Rock to Big Band and this guitar covers it all extremely well! Quality: Since I bought a B-stock guitar, there were a few blemishes but I really had to look for them...still a very good looking guitar. Value: Excellent! Manufacturer Support: Had to contact Zzounds after I changed strings...I was getting a buzz off the 1st and 2nd frett position but only from the G, B, and high E strings. I was advised on how to adjust the neck...it worked great! The Wow Factor: I'm more into "feel" then into "looks"...however this guitar has both! Overall: I keep my guitars for about 25 years or until I wear them out! When this one goes, I'll probably be long gone from this world!

"Great all-around guitar." submitted February 11, 2013

By Paul c in Inwood, WV
Overall
Musical Background: Semi pro, been playing gigging and recording since the late 70s.
Music Style: Rock, CCM, Blues, Old Metal, 80s, etc.
Overall: I bought this with the expectation Id' have to replace pickups, bridge, nut, wiring, etc., standard stuff for more epiphone's I've owned. they are all good guitars, but USUALLY the hardware and electronics leave some to be desired. Not this one. I've played it through my POD HD500 (after setting up a few generic patches for it), my tube half stack windsor, and my fender deluxe vm. The thing pops, literally. Sits great in the mix, cuts through in an organic way, plays well with others, and doesnt at ALL sound like the generically dull eipphone's (they usually are notorious for dull muddy pickups) I've played in the past (and I own, have owned quite a few). So sound wise it's just a great guitar out of the box. I'm not replacing a thing. Playability, it's very comfortable - feels like a familiar pair of jeans. I'm not a jazz player, and I only occasionally like blues, and the blues I like is ala Bonamassa, buddy guy, and general rock blues (give me badco, nugent etc any day). No, I'm rock. Purple, zep, 80s, 70s, hair, etc. And this thing, for all it's jazzy/blues looks, can hang on the heavier stuff. Then again, fade back on the pots and it's warm and mellow if youw ant it. Lately I play on the Worship team, and we do slightly edgy CCM, think Tomlin, Brewster, etc. And this just DOES it. On receipt, the action needed to be played with, and the jack needed tightening, but other than that, I saw not one flaw. The inlays give it flash the dots cant give, and the binding and paint was perfect. My prs is sitting in the closet wishing SHE were a sheraton! ZZSounds shipped fast, were a pleasure to work with, I cant say anything about manufacturer support as Ive never contacted epiphone; however I fix my own guitars so unless it was a tragically defective unit, I wouldnt have to contact them and would probably just deal with the retailer anyway.

"Perfect"

By HiFi FloydJr
Music Style: Classic rock, blues, classical, anything by Pink Floyd
Sound: Sounds really smooth. Wroks good if your playing blues, jazz, and if you're trying to get a Trey Anastasio type of sound, this works pretty damn good. Feature: Good pickups, good tuners, hell good everything. Only problem: Get toggle switch replaced as soon as you can. It breaks easily. Quality: great quality Value: won't be worth much money, but its sentimental value will skyrocket the second you pick it up to play it. The Wow Factor: If this guitar were a woman, it would be Halle Berry. Overall: Best guitar I've ever had, best guitar I ever will have.

"With a few technical alterations, one of the best guitars for jazz in my opinion (especially for the low price.)" submitted October 23, 2004

Overall
Music Style: jazz, blues, rock, classical
Sound: The actual sound is pretty amazing when you dial in the tone on the amp and guitar correctly, very smooth jazzy sound. I understand that alot of people have problems with the pickup selector and some other things, which i've been just fine with, though i bought mine used, so it may have already been fixed up. Feature: Again, tone knobs, pickup selector normally crappy, though i think mine may have been replaced. If they arent, its well worth the money to do so. Quality: other than some electronics, this is again a sturdy body, and very very nice. worst aspect is again the electronical problems most face, but very easy and cheap to fix. Value: amazingly low price for a (mostly) amazing guitar. Manufacturer Support: i'll say 10 because i've never dealt with epiphone. The Wow Factor: yuuuuum. how much more sexy can this guitar get. everything about it! the fret inlays, the volume and tone knobs, for gods sake, look at the leafy design on the head... wow! Overall: i expect satisfaction with this axe for may years to come... or atleast untill i can afford another just so i can have two different sounds. heck, i might just get another sheraton II.

"To look at, to hold, to play - this is a very, very special instrument." submitted January 9, 2011

Music Style: blues
Sound: Great vocabulary of tones, rich full bottom, crystal bell top, simply stunning. Feature: It's not fair to list the 3 things I added without listing everything that was just perfect, but you would never read a list that long. That said, I added Schaller locking strap pins, a Gibson TP-6 fine tune tail piece, and had a friend slot 5 & 6 a few thousandths lower. Ease of Use: This instrument is capable of expressing whatever is inside the player. Quality: For all intents, it's nearly flawless. A loose nut on the jack plug and unpleasant sharp edges on the nut are the only nit pick items. Value: At one fifth the price of the parent brand like instrument, this instrument delivers breathtaking value. Manufacturer Support: The middle ranking is merely because I have required no interaction with the manufacturer. The Wow Factor: For those who find natural finish instruments compelling, this is a real beauty. Overall: This is the one I've spent 30 years hoping I might own one day.

"Dream Axe" submitted August 3, 2013

By Gilbert Ramos in Canoga Park, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Been studying guitar a couple of years. Practice at home for my own entertainment & growth.
Music Style: I dig it all but lean toward blues/blues rock.
Overall: I'm an intermediate beginner. A buddy told me about zZounds. Checked out the Epihones 'coz I gotta thing for Gibsons but don't want to pay those Gibby prices. As soon as I scrolled to the Blonde Sheraton I was in love. I had to have her. I hesitated, though, 'coz my playing skill ain't exactly up to snuff. My other buddy said, "Don't be silly." So now me and my Sheri are together, a marriage made in Heaven. I play her whenever I want, she don't give no lip, it's up to me to make her sing or squeal. The perfect mate.

"All That It's Advertised To Be - And More..." submitted December 3, 2013

By Bobby D in Martinsville, VA
Overall
Musical Background: Played over 45 years - have played professionally on drums and guitar. Also play bass and dobro and have a small home studio.
Music Style: classic rock, blues, country, bluegrass, contemporary Christian
Overall: I grew up playing in the era when Gibson, Fender, Gretch were it.. and most local music stores only carried the first two. The Music Warehouse movement was still in its infancy - unknown to most small town musicians so local was our only choice.. My first five guitars were either Fender or Gibson, so its easy to understand how one could develop a bias against "lesser" brands.. To shorten this tale.. my friend purchased an Epiphone Dot and I was impressed by the craftmanship and pickup quality of this lower priced "Gibson copy".. When I started looking around online I discovered the Sheraton II and also the history of Epiphone and became very attracted to the pictures and discription of the Ebony model (black with gold hardware).. Knowing this was probably going to be the last guitar I ever purchase (how many can you own and play during retirement?) I held my breath and ordered (of course second guessing whether I should have).. When it arrived (very quickly) I fell in love with it - truly a work of art and a great instrument.. You will NOT regret the purchase IF the semi-hollow body style is what you are looking for.. Every bit as good of tone and sustain as my Les Paul (and maybe more sustain).. Note: Buy the Epiphone case ($89). Great workmanship and fits like a glove. I still go open the case just to look at it (sitting beside the pictures of my grandchildren.. lol)

"Epiphone Sheraton II - Black Beauty" submitted June 7, 2011

By a customer from verizon.net
Musical Background: Church Worship Leader
Music Style: Praise & Worship
Sound: I purchased the Epiphone Sheraton II for my 19 year old son to use for our praise and worship band in church. The guitar sounds great played through a Vox Tonelab multi-effect pedal straight to the pa. We play contemporary Christian music and some hymns and there isn't any sound we can't achieve with the Sheraton. The sound is very full and we don't have any feedback issues at all. Feature: Has everything you need to get a nice sound. Ease of Use: Easy to tune and holds it's tuning very well. Set up on the action is a little high but that also enables my son to use his glass slide for some songs that he can't do with his other guitars. Quality: I see some minor issues with finishing where joints meet, but nothing terrible. It is a beautiful looking instruments in black finish and the fret work is very good. My son love it. Value: You get alot of instrument for the price. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed any. Zzounds is the best of all companies for internet purchases. The Wow Factor: Very sweet looking guitar. Make me want one too. Overall: I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another one if this one were damaged or stolen.

"Epiphone Sheraton II...Everymans 335" submitted December 26, 2012

By Don S in Huntington, WV
Overall
Musical Background: 22 year guitarist and bassist with tour experience and regular live performances.
Music Style: Rock, Alternative, Hard Rock
Overall: I've played guitar for 22 years and made a decent living off of it from time to time. I've also had several high end American made instruments, but with all my experience I've never found anything like the Sheraton II by Epiphone. I had been wanting to invest in a full sized semi-hollowbody for some time now, and I had looked at all the big name manufacturers before deciding to go with the Sheraton II. Hearing alot of online reviews and reports from various forums, as well as seeing several touring musicians play one live really sold me on the instrument...I'm at the point in my life that I don't want to drop 3k on an instrument to play in bars and clubs , but I still want it to look and especially SOUND like I did. This guitar does that in spades. When I unboxed it the natural finish was beautiful and caught the light just right. I went over the guitar with a fine tooth comb, there were no flaws in finish binding glue marks...anything. When I tuned it up the Grover tuners had that nice smooth but firm resistance that says quality and stability. I plugged it into my tube amp and switched from standby and was blown away by the smooth warm tone of the guitar, even with the factory pickups. A click of overdrive and a flick to the bridge brought out a lot more bite that I expected-a pleasant surprise-but no unwanted feedback. The neck has a smooth soft "D" shape much like a Les Paul Standard and the fret work is flawless. I would happily play this instrument next to any other semi-hollowbody at any price, and I am so pleased I plan to purchase another in the immediate future. If you have any doubts, just go ahead and buy it. You won't be disappointed.
13 of 14 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Exellent, Briliant, Marvelous. As SRV would say it is my "Pride and Joy"" submitted October 5, 2006

Music Style: Blues, Rock, Brit Pop, sixties rock
Sound: The sound of the Sheraton II is just wonderful. With This guitar I can get sound that I couldn't get with my previous one ( I also own an Squire Strato, by Fender). It has a very expresive sound and it's sound is great for playing the blues, or to play rock and roll. It sound perfect when soloing and when playing full chords, it's just wonderful! Feature: As it is an Epiphone guitar, it is made with almost the finest materials, its hardware is wonderfull, the pick ups are graet and the knobs as well but what amased me the most was its tuning keys, they are GROVER'S, the same ones used in Gibson's!!!! Ease of Use: Its neck is very confortable, you feel as if your fingers are flying throgh it. It is very playable and it isn't too hard to set it the way you want it to sound or to get the sound you expect when playing. Quality: The quality of this product is very good, but it still is a mass produced guitar made in Korea. IT has a good quality but not as good as the one you would get if you bought a luthier made guitar. Value: It is worth what it costs, its the best guitar you could get for 800 dollars, it's by far much better than the Epiphone Casino to set an example, if you would want something really better than this product you might have to spend about 1500 dollars, at least, so for it costs and its range of cost it is perfectly balanced. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had any problems with my guitar yet and I am hoping no to have any! The Wow Factor: Well, it looks just like a 335 so it has an icredible sex appeal. It really makes you look better, more atracttive. Overall: I think I won't change this product, maybe in the future I would supplement it. For this moment it fulls my expectations.
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Blown Away" submitted March 30, 2014

By Jeremy B in Bellingham, WA
Musical Background: 30 years (guitar, harmonica, vocals) play in a band
Music Style: Blues, Rock and Roll
Overall: This is my 4th guitar from ZZ. I have an US Strat, Martin, 60's Epi Les Paul. The Sheraton is a blemished stock. The guitar arrived and was not packed as well as the other guitars, so I was a bit concerned, but everything was fine. The action was set curiously high and it was basically unplayable until I lowered it which is easy on this guitar (perhaps it was owned, set weird and sent back by someone clueless?) That being said, hardly any marks (very light scratch here and there). The ebony is absolutely gorgeous and hey you are going too ding it someday anyway, might as well be already done so you don't feel so bad getting that first ding! Okay, and I cant stress this enough, this guitar sounds absolutely friggin amazing. Its sound is deep, clear and just has amazing sustain. The fretboard is smooth, fast and easy to play. Did I mention how beautiful this guitar is? You and everyone else will not be able to keep their eyes off it, the inlays, the shape the color, first class. I play in a band (mostly blues and rock n roll) I have pretty much not played my other guitars at practice since getting this baby. BTW get the case, that's a no brainer, this is a large solid guitar, but it needs to be protected properly.If you love the full clear tones (think jazz. blues) this guitar kicks butt. It can jam too with the distortion, but I am not a big effects guy. The Sheraton is hands down an amazing and beautiful guitar, buy it!

"Gorgeous, well made, decent-sounding." submitted May 14, 2004

By ccbryan
Music Style: Pop/Rock
Sound: Has decent sound. Excellent sustain. No really obvious defects, and if I didn't have superior 2-humbucker guitars to compare it to I'd say it sounded great, but the tone gets a bit harsh and papery when overdriven through my Fender Super Reverb. Not awful, but at the point where it kind of breaks up a little and a good guitar starts sounding creamy and interesting, this guitar starts sounding strident. Also, the tonal balance between the bass strings (dull) and treble strings (bright) is off. Tinkering with pickup polepiece height hasn't been able to solve this problem. The effect is that the bass strings are overwhelmed by the treble, not in volume, but in presence. I'll probably replace the pickups before too long. With quality pups this will be a great guitar. Feature: Standard materials as far as I know.. Laminated maple, etc. Hard to know for sure because of the opaque finish. Pots and switch seem to be of good quality (better than my Epi Casino), and it came with Grover tuners (again, way better than my Casino). Quality: This is a very well crafted instrument. Fit and finish are superb. Feels solid and substantial without being heavy. Good quality hardware. I'm very impressed by the workmanship; this is cosmetically the equal of any Gibson I've seen. Genuine MOP and abalone inlays; the laminated binding looks sharp and is flawless. Value: This is an extraordinary guitar for $550. Even anticipating that I'll spend another $200 for a pickup upgrade it will be a magnificent instrument for $750 and a third of the price of a comparable Gibson. Manufacturer Support: Since I haven't had any dealing with support I'll assume it's good. The Wow Factor: This is a Sheraton II in ebony with gold hardware. Multi-laminated black/white binding on body, neck and headstock. Tortoiseshell pickguard, MOP/abalone block neck inlays and MOP vine inlay on headstock, and amber knobs. I never thought I would buy an opaque-finished guitar. I love the look of wood. AND I never particulary liked gold hardware. But this axe is drop-dead gorgeous, and I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it. Overall: Overall GREAT value on a beautiful guitar. Needs pickup upgrade, but even so it's an excellent value and well worth the money. With better pickups it will be a world-beater. Obviously, I'd recommend it.
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Absolutely perfect, a gem of a guitar!" submitted July 21, 2004

Overall
Music Style: Rock, Punk Rock, and a bit of blues.
Sound: Let me be totally honest, i play in a punk band, and the music i mostly play is rock and just a tad bit of blues, and let me say, this guitar does rock sounds perfectly. i was a little scared of buying the Sheraton II because i didn't know how the sound would hold up with heavy distortion, but believe me, this guitar does it all. i highly recommend it for any style of music, from rock to blues. i just can't give it a 10 for sounds however, because 10 is the absolute best, and the sound is not quite the absolute best. Feature: the features of the guitar are wonderful. i was very happy the guitar included grover tuners, because i was not too thrilled about having to go pick a set up. the toggle switch worked wonderfully for me, although it didn't for some other people, i guess. Quality: the quality was absolutely perfect save one minor detail. there were some noticible smudges and sanding marks on my fretboard, but i don't really care it's not a big deal. other than that it was perfect. as far as reliability goes, this thing is built like a tank. it's heavy and solidly built, if i got sick of playing it i would use it in a street fight. i keep an extra fender strat during shows just in case of problems, but i can tell you, i'm not too worried. Value: this guitar is exactly like as es-335 except it looks better. this guitar is by far the biggest bang for you buck deal in the guitar world. Manufacturer Support: i'll give support a 5 because i have not dealt with them, but i'm sure they're great, Epiphone is a quality brand. The Wow Factor: the is the frickin sexiest guitar i have ever laid eyes on, no kidding. the pictures on the internet just do NOT show you how good looking of a guitar this is. the inlays are amazing, the headstock inlay is even more amazing, and i just won't even comment on the finish, it's that great. the gold hardware just kicks butt, and mine came with a kind of reddish pickguard that just accentuates the ebony finish perfectly. it is a hell of a beauty. Overall: this guitar is absolutely perfect, except it could use some pickup ugrades. i'll probably put a gibson '57 classic at the neck and a gibson dirty fingers humbucker at the bridge to give it just a tad more bite, but other than that it is just amazing. i can't believe what a gem i found in the Epiphone Sheraton II. i highly recommend this guitar to anyone and everyone.
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"sheraton 2" submitted January 31, 2012

By lb k in kingston, TN
Musical Background: all my life
Music Style: southern rock, blues
Overall: this is a brilliant execution of the semi=acoustic principle. incredibly good looking, i have owned many semi acoustics, and this is a quality unit. im not getting into the where it came from game. gibson/epi/zzounds guarantee the quality and i was very pleased. i prefer to do business with people who give the little guy a chance. few people are interested in that anymore. kudos zzounds; back to the sheraton, it has exceeded my expectations of fit and finish, no popping or zizzing (like with the tropical fishes) . again superb.

"Fabulous player, great value." submitted March 10, 2014

By Alan D in Tacoma, WA
Music Style: Rock, blues, country
Overall: There's not much more I can say about the Sheraton II that what's already been said. I had one several years ago and had to sell it, much to my dismay. I was able to recently acquire another one from zZounds, and I'm very happy. First of all, zZounds is great to deal with and their people will go out of their way to help. I highly recommend them. Secondly, this guitar is superb, especially for the price. I opted for the sunburst as opposed to the natural finish I had last time. The photos don't do it justice. The Grovers are soooo easy to handle and the neck is slimmer than I remember. Very nice to play. I'll keep the pickups, also. Add some gain and you'll get as much bite as you need. Excellent clean sounds, as well. If you're in the market for a semi-hollow, you should check this one out by all means.

"Only the Gibson is better" submitted April 20, 2010

By a customer from excite.com
Musical Background: guitarist
Music Style: blues rock jazz
Sound: With binding on the neck this guitar is slightly better than the Dot. I own one Sheraton and two Dot guitars. I set them all up with 011 flat wound strings and set the truss rod and bridge height and saddles for intonation using a Boss chromatic tuner. One of my Dot guitars has a superlative neck but I would say overall the Sheraton will give you a better neck than the Dot more often than not. The pickups and electronics on the Sheraton may very well be the same as on the Dot. I also own the blue Ibanez as93 and I would say the Sheraton is certainly superior.

"Really nice guitar" submitted January 15, 2013

By Paul C in Inwood, WV
Overall
Musical Background: Played pro and semipro since 1980, hobbyist and general jammer too. Recorded, gigged, toured.
Music Style: Mostly rock based music but have also played in jazz, country and worship team situations.
Overall: I've played and owned dozens of guitars from gibsons to paul Reed smiths, and all I can say is this guitar is stunning and plays really well. Came strung with .10s (i like .009s) and needed the bridge lowered a little bit really, plays and sounds great, no flaws, just a totally worthy guitar especially for the money. Don't think this is a copy of a 335 or something; don't compare to other guitars - epiphone has their own models such as the casino, riviera, Wilshire and Sheraton. Judge it by what it is, not what it isn't. What it IS is a great guitar.

"Epiphone Sheraton II" submitted August 19, 2014

By John U in Spencer, MA
Overall
Musical Background: been playing guitar for over 50 years, also play bass.
Music Style: blues, jazz, classic rock
Overall: As far as I am concerned, this is the best guitar in terms of cost/value that I've ever played. It's beautiful (Natural), comfortable, and it has a broad tonal palette. I have several guitars that cost several times what the Sheraton cost me, and I love them all, but I find that I am increasingly turning to the Sheraton. If you're remotely thinking about this guitar, you really need to try it out. You won't be disappointed. I also received this guitar perfectly set up from zZounds.

"40 years of playing and I can still be impressed !" submitted January 27, 2010

By a customer from loretel.net
Musical Background: Old Grizzled Rocker / Blues Man
Music Style: Rock / Blues
Sound: Rated it an 8 but maybe thats a bit harsh... I bought it for its blues sound and was not disapointed. It does its best under a light hand, with the action set low. If you want to wail on something you may want to pick up an alternative ax. As is, it will stand with guitars selling for three times the price. Before purchasing a Sheraton, I played the similar designs. The Dot was impressive and the action was sweet and for the money it would do the job. The Casino was much lighter weight and almost as good a sound and was my second choice. The Sheraton won the day because it just did the blues sound the best for me, and you cant discount the design and inlay work. So...picked on sound, sold on design. Quality: An 8 for quality only because when I received it two of the tone volume pots were loose as was the phone jack fixture. Refastened these and everything was OK. A microscopic inspection of the fit and finish didnt dissapoint me. It is a beautiful piece of work. Value: Very satisfied with the value for the dollar spent. Manufacturer Support: not used to date The Wow Factor: You could hang this on the wall as a piece of art. If you are a fan of the 335 body style instruments then you cant help yourself from saying "SWEET !" when you take one out of the case....... Overall: In answer to the question "How long do you expect to be satisfied with this product before searching for another?" ---Well, I expect to be satisfied with it for a long time...as for searching for another..Hey! Guitar players are always searching.... but if you have one of these and blues are your bag you will not be searching because you NEED to.

"Sheraton II" submitted August 22, 2012

By B Frank in Phoenix, AZ
Musical Background: semi-pro retired
Music Style: strange music
Overall: Bought with cosmetic damage. one shaft on volume knob slightly bent, no other damages. Can't complain for the price!!! Nice guitar. Have strat, thinline tele, flying V, epi emperor. Good to add to playable guitar collection. Does play like a Gibson, fat neck. Will in all probability tune to an open tuning and use for slide. never did like the feel of the Gibson except for jazz. Very pleased. I would buy a blemished guitar again. Only complaint is that the shipping box was pathetic. As a matter of fact wouldn't be surprised is knob got bent in shipping. Big box with guitar loosely wrapped in paper. Also was packaged with a Duncan Donuts encrusted wax paper. The packer of this item eats too many donuts in the wrong places! 5 star for guitar, 1 star deducted for packing

"Great playing guitar. Well made. Looks Great" submitted March 17, 2012

By Jeff K in Algonquin, IL
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing music for 40 years and record 2 to 3 times a month.
Music Style: Vintage rock, Classic rock, Original session studio work for various artists.
Overall: This is a well made guitar. All the seems are tight and the finish is excellent. I had to do a minor intonation set up on the G string, and set up the bridge just a little lower to suit my playing style, but after those adjustments were made this guitar plays like butter! And don't let anyone tell you it is not a Gibson product, it is.

"Epiphone Sheriton II" submitted March 4, 2014

By Allen S in Dalton, GA
Musical Background: 20 yr
Music Style: Christian
Overall: I bought my Sheriton II after reading a lot of reviews and hearing on youtube. This is agreat guitar qualiy is good Stays in tune the case is great. I play a little every day i just love the sound. The action out of the box perfect. Also got a call from ZZounds to see how things were going if it was working for me. They are a class act.

"The Best Guitar at the Best Price" submitted February 27, 2004

By a customer from bigplanet.com
Overall
Music Style: classic rock, country, contemporary gospel
Sound: I've owned my Sheraton for about three years and I love it. I can play rock, country, or anything else with it. The action is great, it's easy to play, and it is beautiful to look at. The only gripes I have are the weight and the fact that the G string has given me problems with intonation (I fixed that). I've owned Gibsons, Washburns, a Martin, an Ovation and played Fenders and Gretsch, but nothing plays any better than my Epiphone, plus I didn't have to shell out nearly as much money for it as for most others. Quality: Beautifully finished. The inlays in the tuning head and fretboard are classic and the natural finish is flawless. Value: The price is half of what it is worth. Face it, no longer being a professional musician, I couldn't justify the expense of a new Gibson 335, but the price of the Sheraton amazing for the quality. Manufacturer Support: I've not needed any support. The Wow Factor: This is the guitar I've lusted since 1967 when I played a friend's ES-335. The difference between the two guitars is that mine looks better. If I couldn't play the thing, I'd be happy just to look at it. Fenders do nothing for me, but this thing stirs my blood. Overall: I'm set for life. After playing for forty years, I play for my own enjoyment and play in church, and the kids I play with all envy me. They play Fenders and Ibanez solid bodies, but mine plays better and sounds richer.

"Epiphone Sheraton II" submitted November 28, 2013

By Greg D in Pigeon Forge, TN
Musical Background: playing for 50 years
Music Style: classic rock & original
Overall: this guitar is such an AWESOME guitar...Quality AND Beauty all in one ! Zzounds got it to me very fast and she was packed very well....got to me safe & sound.....that's another thing ....the sound of this guitar is unsurpassed !!!!! Git ya one !!!!

"Epiphone Sheraton II Archtop Electric Guitar " submitted May 1, 2012

By a customer from charter.net
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing rhythm for 40 years. I play for fun and jamming with friends.
Music Style: No set style of playing...Dylan, Foo Fighters, to Puddle of Mudd.
Overall: Very nice guitar. I was very happy with the way it played and sounded. I sent it back for one reason only. Extremely head heavy. It's great while sitting and playing. But, while standing, if you let go the head falls. If it wasn't for the strap, it would hit the floor. Never play this guitar without strap-locks!

"A GREAT SEMI HOLLOW FOR THE MOOLA" submitted June 5, 2003

Overall
Music Style: classic rock sounds, folk and blues
Overall: This guitar is beautiful in brown sunburst. I saw it in the shop for about 500 U.S. and thought I had to try it. Hell, if I didn't like the sound I would just hang it on the wall as an art piece. I own 10 guitars of all sorts and this is the one I end up reaching for first--no longer because it's my newest but because of its playability and nice little sound. Being semi hollow I don't have to plug it in to enjoy it. This is a perfect guitar for sitting down and doing your lessons, working on new stuff or just strumming something you enjoy. It is a great value, a functional, nice-sounding instrument. It's not made to be the best around but it's a winner all the way around.

Epiphone Sheraton Archtop Customer Review submitted October 15, 2011

By a customer from excite.com
Musical Background: guitarist
Music Style: blues rock jazz
Sound: The pickups are not that good. I owned two Dot guitars by Epiphone and the one I did not sell has better much hotter pickups than on this more expensive Sheraton. The inlays on the fretboard are very sloppily fitted. The neck is a slim 1960's and is nice, I put 011 flatwounds on this guitar and turned it into a jazz box, I set the action quite low and the guitar plays easily. I have the sunburst and the guitar is classy for the price.

"Wow! Surprising sound and quality" submitted May 9, 2012

By Dav A in Seattle, WA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing for 18 years, lots of gigs and recording. I currently own Gibson, Fender, Gretsch and a few vintage pieces
Music Style: mostly rock, alternative, indie
Overall: Just received this guitar from zZounds... I have to say, I am really surprised by the sound and quality of this guitar. I haven't owned an Epiphone before and was reluctant... Not any more. This guitars sounds great and plays great right out of the box! The transaction was a smooth (even easier than going to the big chain store) and the guitar was well set up from the get go. I will be buying from zZounds.com again!

"Great deal for the money!" submitted March 19, 2013

By Tyrone L in Hyattsville, MD
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing for 25+ years. Play guitar, bass, keyboards. Was semi pro, am in "retirement" currently, working on home project.
Music Style: R&B, Jazz, Rock, some electronic music.
Overall: I have an older Korean version of this Epiphone Sheraton, and I love it a great deal! The hardware and finish are top notch, is highly playable, and looks great! I changed the pickups and put in some Gibson 57's and I have a tonal monster now! This guitar will compete with a Gibson ES any day of the week, at a fraction of the price!

Epiphone Sheraton Archtop Customer Review submitted January 21, 2009

Musical Background: Active Musician at church
Music Style: tejano, gospel, jazz, "Christian Blues"
Sound: I have owned a Sheraton II since 1997 and even to day it sounds as great as it did when I first bought it. Feature: I love all the features, even the golden tuning keys and pickups. Ease of Use: I use my guitar in church and play a lot of gospel, it really gives me an authentic sound. I use a fender amp when I play.

"Sheraton II guitar is well worth the money." submitted May 15, 2012

By Rick Watts in Shirley, NY
Musical Background: Been playing for 15 years at home for my own enjoyment
Music Style: Blues & Rock & fingerstyle
Overall: Great guitar for the money. It looks like it cost thousands of dollars not hundreds.It plays very well, better than a lot of Gibsons I have played. you wont be disappointed.

"Questionable Quality" submitted January 18, 2012

By Veronica N in Redding, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Semi-Professional musician. Played guitar for 45 years.
Music Style: Jazz, classic rock, a bit of everything.
Overall: The neck on this guitar is horrible. No matter what I did, I couldn't get the frets not to buzz. I could have paid a luthier $200+ to file the frets and do work on the neck, but why? I had to return it. zZounds has a great return policy so that was no problem. I bought another Epiphone (this time a Dot) right after and am having to return it as well because the fretboard isn't finished. I'm through with anything Epiphone!

"Sheraton2" submitted August 18, 2012

By Jimmy v in Mobile, AL
Overall
Musical Background: at home and I play guitar and bass.
Music Style: classic rock,and jazz.
Overall: I have the natural one. I bought it in '05 and it's been great ever since. It is a wonderful guitar.

"EPIPHONE SHERATON 11" submitted June 17, 2014

By OKEIBUNOR I in MESQUITE, TX
Overall
Musical Background: I SING AND PLAY THE LEAD GUITER FOR OTHER MUSICIANS AND IN MY BAND TOO BACK HOME IN AFRICA
Music Style: I PLAY ROOT REGGAE
Overall: I BOUGHT THE SHERATON 11 FROM ZZOUNDS AND THE GUITER IS SECOND TO NON IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD.IT BRINGS OUT THE SOUL BEHIND MY MUSIC.

"Replace ALL the electronics, and you'll have a gem!" submitted August 14, 2007

By a customer from Radical.Com
Musical Background: Intermediate Player
Music Style: Rock, Punk
Sound: The sound is a "qualified" 10. When you buy this guitar, you should figure on adding about $300 to the price. When you receive it, run -- don't walk -- to your nearest guitar shop, buy new pickups (I used Seymour Duncan "Seth Lover" SH-55s) and ALL new electronics. Then have the new electronics installed and the guitar professionally set up. You will be rewarded with a guitar that sounds unreal. Off the shelf, however, this guitar sounds like crap. I made the mistake of plugging it in before I took it to the pro, and my heart sank at how bad it sounded. Don't put yourself through that, just take it to the pro without ever plugging it into an amp. Once you've changed out the electronics, you've got a guitar that, sound-wise, is probably worth 3 times what you have invested in it. Feature: The main guitar is great, but the electronics are total crap out of the box. The pickups suck, the pots for the volume and tone are cheap and crappy, and the pickup switch is terrible (it pops and buzzes as you switch pickups -- right out of the box!). Replace them, and you will be rewarded with a great guitar. Quality: I'm knocking one point off for the electronics because I knew they were crap when I bought the guitar, and I intended to change them before I bought it. The guitar itself is beautiful! I have the tobacco sunburst model and it's gorgeous! The body of the guitar seems very solid, and it sounds fantastic. Time will tell as to how well it holds up, but there's nothing to suggest it won't hold up very well. Value: Even after replacing the electronics, this guitar is a fantastic value. It's almost an ES 335 at one third the price. The Wow Factor: This guitar is beautiful. Very sexy! Overall: I'll knock a point off for the electronics, but overall this is a great guitar and great value.

"Couldn't pass it up!" submitted May 7, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: part time active musician
Music Style: everything
Sound: I've never owned a 335, but I have heard plenty of them.I hear alot about the sub par electronics, but I don't hear that. I tell you, plug it into a Mesa Boogie Mark IV with G Major processor and you won't care. Quality: I bought mine right off the floor and it has no defects, blemishes or loose hardware. It seems very solid.

"Epiphone sheraton 2" submitted February 20, 2013

By Donald W in Franklin, KY
Musical Background: play for over 40 years
Music Style: classic country old time rock
Overall: This is one of the best guitars I have had the good fortune to own

"ZZsound is Your Partner for Gear!" submitted December 28, 2010

Musical Background: Casual Player
Music Style: Bluse,Jazz and Lite Rock
Sound: This is the Jazz and Blues Box I wanted! Feature: This Guitar was Ready to go right out of the box! Ease of Use: It was Tuned, the action was perfect, Pick-ups were super! Quality: Craftsmanship does not beging to describe it! Value: If you're looking for gear , ZZsounds is the only place to look! Manufacturer Support: ZZsounds is right ny you side every step of the way. The Wow Factor: Beauty is the only way to describe it! Overall: This product was an addition, so I shopped very carefully and when I add another I will only look to ZZsounds for my addition.

"A Great Guitar !" submitted April 27, 2009

Overall
Sound: This guitar fullfilled my needs, and then some, as I was looking for a quality arch-top as a change of pace with the soid body guitars I already have,( 3 Les Pauls, a Washburn and a Fender ). The prices on other guitars were outrages-but I saw this model offered for $399,( as it was a "second"). It plays great, sounds great, feels great ! It's one of the best purchases I ever made ! Feature: If this wasn't a "second", ( stamped "2nd" becasue of a cosmetic flaw ), I would have given it a 10 ! It is outstanding - especially with the mother of pearl inlays on the neck . Ease of Use: It is very user-friendly indeed ! I expected it to be stiff and hard to play at first - but if I was to gig later on I'd have no problems including it with the rest of my gear. Quality: So far, ( I only have it 2 days ) , so good ! Pickups seem okay, controls too - nothing is falling off, ( yet ). Value: $400 is the best price I ever paid for a brand new quality guitar ! i am exstatic ! Manufacturer Support: Not aplicable. I own an Epiphone Les Paul as well - but I never needed to call the company. The Wow Factor: It has the shape of a woman's body - but aside from that it is very beutiful ! The finish is outstanding and it is very shiny. I like the inlyas on the fretboard Overall: Being it was so affordable and plays so great I give it a 10 and recomend it to any serious player out there !

Epiphone Sheraton Archtop Customer Review

By a customer from priestly.ca
Music Style: classical, flamenco, rock & blues
Sound: foreign electrics make the sound a little thin Feature: finish and looks are beautiful Quality: finish is superb, electrics are lacking. I've actually replaced the pick ups. Now it not only looks great but sounds great too. Cost of gutiar plus pick ups less than a live Gibson 335, but looks as good and sounds better. Manufacturer Support: no service needed Overall: I'll keep this one, however, I will supplement it. You can't have too many guitars.

"Sheraton rocks my world"

By a customer from canoemail.com
Overall
Music Style: rock, jazz, alternative, blues, etc.
Sound: sounds amazing for an epiphone... i'd love gibson pickups in it but it is very decent and i'm more than satisfied Feature: The guitar is great the way it is! i may put better tuners on it but it plays beautifully and sounds great.. what more do you want? Quality: not bad, the switch isnt great and the tuners could use some work but for the money it is a beautiful guitar. Very reliable i have not had much trouble with it at all, at least nothing serious. Value: Great price for an amazing guitar...band for buck! If i were to upgrade tuners, pickups and other hardware, it would be a Gibson for like 1/3 the price very worthwhile. Manufacturer Support: no problems so havent had to deal with anyone. but the dealer was great. The Wow Factor: very sexy.. smooth curves.. beautiful, a little heavy but i like that. it's smooth plays nice and feels good and looks great. Overall: i will be satisfied for a long time.. may do some upgrading but until i'm loaded this will be my guitar... (well along with my other epiphone and my acoustic)

Epiphone Sheraton Archtop Customer Review submitted December 22, 2003

By a customer from shaw.ca
Music Style: jazz/blues/surf
Overall: I recently bought this guitar and am very pleased. Great looks (vintage sunburst), sounds great and plays even better. Excellent value for the money.

"Don't buy it... don't wanna saturate the market with this beauty. Should only be reserved for those that appreciate value and be" submitted May 26, 2009

Musical Background: Semi-professional
Music Style: Gospel, Blues, Jazz, Neo-Soul, Soul Music
Sound: I will give it a 5 because it was okay but when driven the bass strings were definitely trumped by the treble...not in volume but presence...didn't give me the umph!!! that I wanted. I changed the pups for a set of Burstbuckers 1 & 2. Drew tears from my eyes when I finally dialed it in. Clean as the 57 classics when I'm gentle, and growls and howls when I want to get dirty. I had it rewired also where in the middle position I can fatten and lighten the volume and tone to my taste. Helps when I'm in rooms that need less presence and more volume. Some people call it the secret Les Paul rewiring.. doesn't matter to me what its called...it works... I'm buying another one and doing the same thing to it. I can afford any guitar I want, but I love the look and I love the burstbuckers in this semi-hollow body. Feature: The best feature a guitar could have is the beauty and the beast of the pups... with these burstbuckers hiding in the background I'm the envy of the guys and loved by the girls. Ease of Use: I dropped the action and it is as smooth as silk. Made a difference in the sustain also. Place my cell phone up close to the pups and able to hear the conversation through my amp....try it... Quality: Construction is good. Being petty the fret board edges could use rounding. The Grover Tuners are great..pull it out of the case and touch tune it and run....Gage of the strings that it came with feel good. 9's I do believe... Value: Played the 335 and didn't judge it based on the price...looks, feel, and the character of the unit is what sold me on my baby... I love this guitar... I stair at it and wish it was mine.....oh.... it is... online doesn't do it justice. played it in church and people said that they couldn't stop looking at it, it sounds better than it looks and that's saying something. Makes me look good...lol Manufacturer Support: When I got it the pick guard didn't have the emblem and all of the screws needed to be torqued down... Called and they were willing to exchange it. Didn't do it though cause I liked the pick guard without the E on it... placed my own emblem on it... gives it character. The Wow Factor: Aesthetically gifted. The inlay on the head is beautiful...My 13 year old son says it looks like a girl....gotta love it.... I quickly explained to him, the neck, waist, and the rump of this beauty is perfect...he hit the nail on the head... I can tune her at will and the new 500k pots and the new gibson selector switch which I changed from going up and down and place it where it moves from side to side was and is a welcomed change. Overall: I placed a pillow in my bed and she rest graciously beside me on many nights.

"Epiphone Sheraton II Archtop Guitar-Chinese Made." submitted April 22, 2014

By Brian S in Maple Falls, WA
Overall
Musical Background: Professional Session Guitarist 14 years.
Music Style: Blues-Hard Rock
Overall: I returned the guitar after I received it because it was made in China. It was advertised as being made in Korea. Big Difference. I don't buy Chinese Guitars. I attempted to give it a chance but out of the box is had fret buzz so bad and even after adjusting the neck. After realizing the frets needed filing I sent it back. Make sure you get the Korea made ones, not Chinese.

"Epiphone Sheraton ||" submitted January 18, 2012

By Jimmy V in Mobile, AL
Overall
Musical Background: I have ben playing sencs 1962 on and off Istroted out playing bass.
Music Style: I try to play every thing.
Overall: I have the natural finish sheraton and I love it. It is a greate guitar and to play it's justwonderfull. The pickups man i'm telling you there hot. Not just because I have one it realy is a wonderfull guitar.

When you call, mention priority code 160X-CLRH. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976