When you call, mention priority code 15Z9-88S5

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone PR5-E Acoustic

Warm up your sound with this jumbo acoustic-electric. The PR5-E features a Mahogany body and neck and a Rosewood fingerboard with split diamond inlay.

Overall

"The PR5E acoustic Electric from Epiphone is a smart buy and you should get one before the price goes up. It's worth more than th" submitted April 13, 2011

Musical Background: pro/semi pro musician
Music Style: Rock, classic rock, jazz, country and blues.
Sound: This guitar was great to play right out of the box. It has a full tone and was setup just the way I like it. The PR5E sounds great plugged in too. It's electronics sound amazingly crystal clear and can cut through when other instruments are playing. The fit and finish were excellent except for one spot where the neck joins the body. It looks like whomever sprayed the neck didn't get all the way to the body but other than that it is all in all an excellent instrument. Feature: I do have to give low scores for the end peg jack combo. I had to cut a larger slot in a strap because the peg is too large to accept a regular sized strap hole. This was a minor thing. Ease of Use: The different sounds you can get with the PR5E are exceptional and the tuner is spot on. Quality: Like I said before, except for the missing finish on the neck where it joins the body it is perfect and a great looking guitar for the price. Value: Dollar for dollar you won't find a nicer playing and sounding instrument. It kind of reminds me of the Martin Aura series with the 000 body style. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to deal with support yet so I can't say how they are. I can however say they have been exceptional in the past as I have 4 Epiphone guitars. The Wow Factor: It's beautiful and the 2 piece back really sets the instrument apart from others in this price range. Overall: I'll definately play this guitar for a very long time. It does what I intended it for.

"Classy acoustic electric" submitted November 22, 2012

By Cliff B in E. Falmouth, MA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing since the sixties; pro from time to time, Guitar/keys.
Music Style: jazz standards to rock/folk.
Sound: The sound is good accoustically, but it really shines amplified...very smooth sounding... Feature: The wood and craftmanship are grade A. I like the gold tuners, makes it look more expensive. I got the natural wood finish cause I have too many black guitars at the moment! Ease of Use: Plays great after a good setup, I have to have low action on all my guitars. Quality: I am hoping this lasts as long as the guitar it repaced...26 years, we'll see how it ages. Value: Worth the price and then some! Manufacturer Support: Yes I did deal with Epiphone on a choice of wood fretboard issue, they were good and responded well. The Wow Factor: To me it stacks up well against the Gibsons for way less money! Overall: Nice out of the box, but I did have to finish the neck setup and do a little tweaking to get the action right. I bought this to replace a 26 year old Alvarez that needed a neck reset. My dollars were well spent on the Epiphone rather than a reset job.

"Overall an excellent value for the buck" submitted February 18, 2012

By Jimi M in Sumner, WA
Overall
Musical Background: I've been a pro musician for a long time now.
Music Style: Classsic rock, country rock, jazz and alot of originals.
Sound: The sound of this instrument unplugged is just like alot of other acoustics except that the shallower body is perhaps a little less bold sounding. J You just have to adjust your strumming/picking to keep up. Plugged in this is a sound monster and can esily outdo any other acoustic in the mix. The E-sonic piclup system has a dead on tuner and is easily adjustable for many different acoustic tones., wether that be laid back like Clapton or balls in your face lead sounds. It's fun to work with the different tones this axe has to offer. Feature: The materials used in the manufacturing process are top notch. Solid Spruce top, Split Mahogany back with a beautiful joining, and Mahogany sides. Rosewood neck and nice inlays, rosette, etc. make this a fine instument that should cost more. (but don't tell anyone). The one thing that griped me was the endpin/jack. It is too big for a standard size strap hole so you have to cut a strap to make it fit, otherwise it will keep unplugging from the pressure of a too tight strap that is warped out of flatness. Ease of Use: It is very easy too get various acoustic tones from this guitar. The pickup system is great. It played great right out of the box and the string height reminds me of many electricks that have been lowered. Easy playing guitar for an 13 year old learner. Although I play it more than she does. That's why I am getting myself one too. Quality: Like I said, except for the lack of finish near where the neck joins the body it is perfect. Please fix this before I get mine. Taken proper care of it'ts another lifetime instrument from Epiphone that will just get better sounding with age. I contribute that to a Solid Sitka Spruce top. Value: It's actually worth more than you will pay for it. Take my advice though and get the case that fits this guitar from Epiphone. Protect it like it cost hundreds more. Manufacturer Support: Epiphone is a solid company if you ever have to use their support. Out of at last 10 Epis I own I have only had to use service once and they were right on the problem solving it in no time at all. The Wow Factor: It's a good looking, nice playing instrument that will have the fans (girls) looking to whoever is playing it. That to me is Sexy. A sexy guitar and a good player will always get the attention. Overall: My ex-wife purchased one of these for her daughter and I must say it is a fine instrument overall. I do have to agree with another reviewer about the nck joint though. There is maybe a 1/4" where it is not finished but other than that I cannot find any flaws in the finish. It is a beautifully appointed and a beautifully plaing instrument. What amazed me after plugging it in is that it cuts through just about anything else on stage. It has am amazing presence and the e-sonic system is spot on as far as tuning and sound shaping go.

"GREAT GUITAR !" submitted May 1, 2003

Music Style: Rock, Alternative & Jazz
Sound: nice clear crisp sound better than most acoustics, good for background and rhythm Feature: really good features, what more could you want from an acoustic guitar? Quality: well the strap knob could have been metal at the base the battery socket could have been made alot better the guitar stays in tune for long, good, very good ! this guitar is tough, it fell twice,SMACK against the floor and still looks and performs perfect ! overall the guitar is sexy tough and smart Value: this product is worth far more than the price, you'll get more than your money's worth Manufacturer Support: never needed repairs or had any problems and i had thsi guitar for over 2 years now and i use it everyday The Wow Factor: this guitar attracts chicks from afar !!!! the neck is sleek and sexy and the curves are very appealing Overall: i will never get tired of this guitar, even though i will buy others and have others, this is my favourite.
14 of 19 people (73.68%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Slightly disappointed." submitted June 3, 2004

By mickeyd
Music Style: Country / Rock / Classic Rock
Sound: A friend of mine owned an Epiphone years ago and the sound was excellent. I guess I anticipated this one being the same. On the high end the sound is tinny, the strings rattle - there is no way to adjust the bridge height. I am bringing it to a shop to see if they can help. I bought a set of Martin strings but this did little to imporve the sound. Feature: I have to admit that this guitar has a beautiful look. I purchased the sunburst style and aesthetically speaking, it's near perfection. Quality: Again, from an aesthetic standpoint it's near perfection. The material is good and, although I question Epiphone's choice of low paid Chinese workmen, the craftsmanship seems to be good. Value: As with all musical instruments, any site that had this product had it for the same price. No great value here one way or the other. Manufacturer Support: They put up with my complaints about slow delivery due to backorder problems and compt me free case (albeit a cheap one made of cardboard). Don't know how they will respond after I bring the guitar in for a tune-up. Overall: If it sounded better out of the box I would have given it an 8 or 9. If the tune-up works then I would reduce the 6 down to a 3 as I don't feel that I should have to lay out additional cash in order to get an instrument to sound good. My wife bought me a Washburn accoustic electric several years ago and I wasn't pleased with it then but now, after playing what I assumed would be a better guitar in this Epiphone, the Washburne feels and sounds three to four times better.

"Not just a guitar, an artwork." submitted January 21, 2007

Music Style: Rock, Alternative, Blues, Jazz, Oldies, Country, Folk
Sound: Good Sound overall. Very good for chords, Not so much on the bass end. Feature: Just a great guitar. Not looking for anything special. Ease of Use: Pickup will stay on it it has battery in it. Otherwise its Very Simple. Quality: Epiphone quality can't be beat, just isn't possible. Value: Worth every Penny. The Wow Factor: I have yet to see a better looking Guitar! Overall: If this guitar was ever broken, stolen, or damaged, i would buy again without a doubt.

"Fairly Disapointed." submitted December 23, 2007

Overall
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Progressive, Alternative, some Metal.
Sound: Sounds thin, virtually no bass, despite different strings. Feature: The preamp stopped working less than a month after buying the guitar. Had been used twice. Ease of Use: The circuit remains active as long as the battery is in the slot. Very annoying. Quality: The fact that things went wrong with very light use tells me that it is very poorly made. Value: As far as it goes, you get what you pay for. If you cheap out on a guitar, especialy one with components such as this, the guitar will cheap out on you. Manufacturer Support: Contacted Gibson/Epiphone to resolve the issue, was told to take it to a licenced dealer with the reciept, and it would be covered. I was then told by the dealer that i had to pay up front and Gibson/Epiphone would reimburse me. The Wow Factor: Im not going to lie, the guitar looks beutiful with the shape and the sunburst. Overall: My advice to you, is to buy a regular acoustic, and if you can help it, stay away from Epiphone, then install a pickup seperately.

"My Guitar, best bang for the bucks!! SEXY!!!" submitted May 29, 2011

Musical Background: 35 years doing an Elvis show and Gospel
Music Style: Soft and Gentle
Sound: This Guitar with the right Amp, sounds real nice, one of the best Standard Electric Guitars I've heard, would recommend it to all Country players, you can get that ol Country sound that Hank, and lefty, and Merle, and all the Country Greats had in there Music. I love this Guitar, and want to spreed the word about it. It also has a turner built in, witch is so nice you don't have to unplug, to tune. Sincerely, Elvis Aron Preston. Feature: Just a fantastic sound!! Ease of Use: Just strum a note, and you will see right away, you made the right chose in buying this Guitar. Quality: This Guitar is one of the best Guitars I've ever had! I owened one other just a little better, and it was a Gibson, wide body, that had a super sound, I still Love this one, and will play it a long time. Elvis. Value: More! I would have paid much more, here, in the local music markets, so I'm very pleased in my purchase, and intend to buy another Guitar from zZounds shortly, I want a Big body sound that is offered with Epiphone, It's a cutaway also just jumbo bodied. Thanks to zZounds, I can have the Equipment I need, at a low price down, and pay it in 4 monthly payments, that makes it ez to own new, and Fantastic stuff. Always Elvis Manufacturer Support: None. The Wow Factor: My Guitar is Sexy, wish I were,..... still. Overall: Till the Day I die, witch I hope is quite a while, I want to sing a few more song's to my friends and to the Lord. Sincerely Elvis

"Great acoustic guitar unplugged." submitted June 29, 2006

By a customer from charter.net
Musical Background: Active Musician ,Recording Engineer
Music Style: Melodic Rock
Sound: This guitar plays well and has good tone.My only complaint is that the bridge isn't grounded so there is a buzzing noise when playing through an amp which I find to be very annoying.Guitar should ground out when you touch the strings.I wouldn't recommend this if you want to hook up to an amp or studio board.

"My Guitar, best bang for the bucks!! SEXY!!!" submitted May 29, 2011

Musical Background: 35 years doing an Elvis show and Gospel
Music Style: Soft and Gentle

When you call, mention priority code 15Z9-88S5. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976