When you call, mention priority code 201-GF8P

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone Goth Les Paul

The Epiphone Goth Les Paul offers a dark perspective on the LP. With dual '57 Classic humbuckers and a dead black finish, this Les Paul can wake the dead.

"A Helluva bargain for only $350.00 !!!!" submitted March 21, 2013

By Jeff Osgood in Woonsocket, RI
Musical Background: 40 years experience
Music Style: Classic Rock & Blues
Overall: I traded a Squier Standard Strat a couple of days ago to some High School kid for this. He said that it was unplayable. After looking at it , it was obvious that all it needed was a setup and intonation check along with a cleaning which I did to the guitar. Once I got done with everything and plugged it into my Vintage 1989 Peavey Bandit 112, I was blown away at both the sound and the build of this guitar. I'm 53 years old and have been playing for over 40 years and in that time, I have to say that this is without a doubt , one of the best guitars I have ever come across. The stock Epiphone Alnico open coil humbuckers provide more than enough sustain to please any musician whether they play Blues or metal . Plus playing this on a clean setting provides a really nice ringing tone to it as well. The Grover tuners do a excellent job of providing tuning stability and the White Cross and the IV inlay on the 12th fret , are cosmetically pleasing to the eye along with the Matte Black finish as well. Some I've heard, have complained about the weight of this guitar, but in comparison to say a Les Paul standard , this is relatively light and easy on my shoulder. All in all, I highly reccomend this to the musician on a budget who wants a LP but doesn't want to pay the exuberant prices for a Gibson.

"Great Product For the Price" submitted June 7, 2011

Musical Background: Active Musician, Educator, Engineer
Music Style: All Styles
Sound: I've been a guitarist for thirty-plus years. I've owned a lot of guitars. Plenty of "really expensive" ones, too. This guitar is really great for the price. Seriously. As some of the other reviewers have noted, the Alnico Classic Plus(TM) Humbucker pickups are pretty hot (I can't track down the actual voltage but I'd say the bridge pickup runs 250+mV, anyway), but they are a tad bit noisy (which could possibly just be a result of the wiring (I haven't had a chance to shield it or anything, yet), which can be easily fixed (with the aforementioned shielding)). I'm probably going to opt for a couple DiMarzios or perhaps Seymour Duncans... just personal taste. For the casual player, though, the tone on this guitar out of the box is really, really great. Very crisp on the bridge and very mellow on the neck. Feature: Mahogany, mahogany, mahogany... I've read reviews here and there stating that this is a "neck-thru" guitar - it's not. It's a set neck... which is just fine and dandy - it's really solid and has a great feel to it. The "Killpot" is a unique touch - by pushing on the pot, it kills the signal, much like flipping the pickup selector with one of the volumes down, making for a nice little effect if ya need it, saving SERIOUS unnecessary wear on the pickup selector. The pickguard is a little cheap, but again, an easily rectified situation. Ease of Use: As stated earlier, this guitar is capable of great tone, the same great tone its big brother is capable of. Quality: Other than the cheap-ish pickguard, the guitar is really solid and very well-built. The internal electronics all appear well-done for an "assembly line guitar," also. Value: Honestly, it's a great value, even at a much higher price. Manufacturer Support: n/a The Wow Factor: This is a really aesthetically-pleasing guitar. The satin/matte finish is really attractive and well-done. The tuners on the guitar are Grover Rotomatics (look to be the midsize 305BCs) and not the "vintage" tuners that appear in the pic. That is a plus to me, because I'm not a very big fan of unsealed tuners. Overall: Bottom line - if you've got $2,500 laying around, yeah, buy the Gibson... but for this price, this is an amazing guitar right out of the box. Anyone worth their salt in the business will tell you so.

"Great Les Paul for the price!" submitted October 17, 2010

Musical Background: Semi-Pro Musician
Music Style: Blues/Country/Rock
Sound: The pickups are great, right out of the box. Mine has the '59s on it. I changed to my favorite strings and bam, that was it. The sustain on this guitar lasts forever. Feature: No special features needed. The goth look is great - matte black and black metal. Ease of Use: Plays like charm. Out of the three guitars I currently own, I love playing this guitar. Quality: Epiphone quality is top notch. After I bought this guitar, I went out and bought another Epiphone. I'm sold on the company. Great stuff. Value: I don't think you can get a better Les Paul for the price. Manufacturer Support: Never needed it. The Wow Factor: Matte black. I get a lot of lookers at my guitar. Overall: Overall 10! If you buy it you won't be disappointed.
15 of 16 people (93.75%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Goth Epiphone Les Paul" submitted December 15, 2010

Musical Background: Active Musician 35+ yrs
Music Style: rock - surf instro
Sound: I was suprised at the quality of this guitar. The neck action is sweet and the sound is what I would expect from a les paul! I purchased this as a gift for my son's 16th birthday. I am satisfied that he will grow with this professional quality guitar for years to come.

"A gothic sound from my Goth..." submitted January 31, 2015

By Joseph Jones in Medway, OH
Overall
Musical Background: I am a self taught guitar and piano player who has been playing for about 3 years and writing songs for about 7.
Music Style: Heavy rock, metal and blues.
Overall: I have only had my new Studio Goth a couple months and it has not disappointed at all. Great rich sounds and the kill switch just adds so much range of sounds to it. I played an older one but it did not sound like this. Now I can play some gigs and do them with power and range. And I love the black look. One of the best guitar's I have and definitely a big on sound, small on cost axe....

"Les Paul Gothic " submitted October 11, 2015

By a customer from gmail.com in South Gate, CA
Musical Background: Jam at home frequently
Music Style: Heavy metal Classic rock Blues
Overall: Arrived fast n with zero flaws. Zzsounds provides great customer service with affordable payment plans. Every chance I get I find myself cranking up volume to the sweet tune of this Les Paul.

"The best guitar money can buy in its price range" submitted October 16, 2003

By a customer from bushinternet.com
Music Style: nu metal/heavy metal
Sound: The sound of this product is amazing if it is heavy sound you are looking for you can play anything from slayer to slipknot on this guitar and it will always do you proud Feature: the pickups on this beast are all you need to know about apart from the amazing matt finish and gothic look 12th fret inlay Quality: This is a very rugged guitar and will take alot of abuse it would be perfect for roadtrips gigs and just jammin with a few mates whatever your need this guitar will fulfill them Value: This is the best guitar i have ever played Manufacturer Support: i cannot comment on this as i have not had any experiance with the company The Wow Factor: The looks of this guitar are enough to make anyone cream Overall: i dont think this guitar is going to get worn out any time soon
30 of 34 people (88.24%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"amazing action and killer leads" submitted December 12, 2005

Music Style: metal/rock/hardcore
Sound: i love the way this thing sounds. i picked it up a few months ago from my ex guitarist in a band i used to jam with, and fell in love with it. the humbuckers really play their part in this one. Feature: the tone knobs are pretty useless, but do you really use them? they do little difference but the three channel toggle does it all for ya, from killer leads to super smooth rhythms for blues. Quality: its really sturdy. its neck-through, so its alot more durable than the gibson. they may be neck through too, but the necks on gibsons are super fragile. ive dropped this axe on concrete and it never went out of tune and i dont use a floyd rose. its really durable. Value: this guitar is priced perfectly, so you get all the bang you can for your buck. The Wow Factor: this axe definately looks metal. all black satin finish, looks like its been through hell. it looks awesome on stage Overall: overall, its an awesome guitar
24 of 28 people (85.71%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Dont let the price fool you, this is one hell of a guitar. comparable to $600-$800. range." submitted October 28, 2016

By jeff m in butler, TN
Music Style: Blues, country, rock
Overall: Set up right out of the box. Plays perfectly, action low with no string buzz. Pickups are really good but I will upgrade to EMG's. Looks amazing, lower weight than LP but feels good and balanced wearing a strap, and lacks nothing in sound. Just like all the other reviews say, get this guitar. Mellow blues to heavy, you will not be disappointed!! I will always buy Epiphone, as this replaced a Fender Strat costing twice as much and played/sounded like crap.

"The DOOM axe!" submitted August 2, 2006

Music Style: metal, doom metal
Sound: very gloomy, very dark. the best thing for doom metal. The Wow Factor: simply BDSM!

"THE BEST!" submitted March 5, 2008

Overall
Sound: don't know...but i want it. Feature: SICK PAINT! Ease of Use: again i don't care... it looks awesome Quality: it's a les paul... how bad could it be? Value: cheap cheap cheap. The Wow Factor: SEX APPEAL= the equivalent to brad pitt. lol

When you call, mention priority code 201-GF8P. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976