When you call, mention priority code 12BP-02NP

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone Les Paul Custom

Get the classic, iconic Gibson look and sound for an unbelievable price. This guitar features 2 humbuckers and a Mahogany body with an Alpine White or Ebony finish.

Overall

"Epiphone is stepping it up, so save 3 grand, and at least play one!" submitted August 8, 2011

Music Style: Classic Rock, Blues, some heavy stuff
Sound: I got lucky and got a Push-Pull Coil-Tapping set up! As far as everyone wanting to change the pickups, must have got lucky again, these are staying put. Everything from crisp cleans, mellow blues to pig squealing harmonics! Did I mention the sustain! I play mostly blues, but set for anything. Feature: I got a nice Epiphone hard-shell case, with amp cord, and truss rod wrench. Only thing I would love would be an Ebony fretboard, and I would call it even as far as looks and sound compared to you know who, the price difference makes me sick, and can't discuss it! Ease of Use: It has your standard Les Paul set-up, 2 volume, 2 tone, for each humbucker, but in my case the volume pots pull to split to single-coil. Even though rosewood and not Ebony, still very fast, and with no Maple cap, a little lighter, if you can call it light! Quality: Been playing off and on for 20 yrs. have owned or played about everything, and own a PRS now. This Epiphone sounds as good if not better than my PRS, and would put it up against the $3,800.00 version as well, as a matter of fact I did. its a no brainer, same sound, same looks(headstock, I know),over 3 grand cheaper! My ego is not that big, and I don't know if I would want a gibson right now. Even if you change pick-ups, and electronics, you could still buy 3 more! Built like a tank, taken care, should be around as long as I am! Value: Like I said I have played awhile, and I'm not Jimmi, or SRV, but I know good tone, and this has it, maybe luck, but I'll take it. Just goes to show, play as many different kinds as you can, the guitar just might pick you! Value is ridiculous, like I said, almost 4 of these Epis for the price of 1 Gibson, please! Manufacturer Support: No problems, but may call to order another one. The Wow Factor: It's the guitar most everyone wants, it's a Custom, the Gold just jumps off the white, even if it fades, it will add character. I thought my Paul Allender Purple Bat-inlayed was perfect, but this might tie it! At this price you can play it too, and not put in a trophy case! Overall: It seems like it will hold up, Mahogany same as the others, was put together well, nothing loose after constant play for a few weeks, Epiphone has come a long way with quality, it compliments my PRS, and when plugged into Guitar Rig, or Amplitude 3, yes I'm a cheapo, but getting better at making ya second guess what is real, and what isn't! If it was lost would definitely buy another.

"Not so Sure on the Price." submitted January 5, 2012

Musical Background: Gigging musician 18 years playing
Music Style: classic rock to modern
Sound: This model has an alder top instead of the maple top. The combination of the mahogany back with the alder top gives it a more sharper tone than the maple top with mahogany back. It took me a little bit to adjust to this. I had to make some adjustments to my amp to get the sound I wanted but it does sound and sustain great. The Epi standard in my opinion is just as good if not better. I'm not completely sure that $600 is what they should charge for this model. I'm thinking it should be the same price as the standard. I don't see how the extra binding around the guitar makes it any better. Feature: Standard les paul. It does have coil tapping. pull the knob out and you have single coil operation. I personally do not care for single coil they come with a lot of unwanted noise. Gold hardware in my opinion is the best features that the guitar comes with. I've had a lot of compliments on how my guitar looks. Ease of Use: Standard issue. If you buy this guitar it will need the neck adjusted and a complete set up by a professional and it's ready to roll. Quality: I ordered one and it was so jacked that I had to return it for a new one. Got the new guitar in and once again the neck was way out of adjustment. Not just a little bit but a good full turn on the truss rod. Not sure if i like the humbuckers in it or not either. I like my standard right from the factory. This could be related to the coil tapping pots that come with the custom. Either way when it comes down to it a gibson les paul are very expensive and not really reasonable to take out to gigs, the epi's are affordable, sound great and can take a beating. I've owned 3, broke the head stock off one and still own the other two. Easy repair for the broken head stock. Value: This guitar is nice and looks great. But I am a working man I need quality not flash. I would buy another Epiphone standard in a second but I would not purchase another custom ever again. They are over priced and in my opinion not as well set up as the standard. If the custom cost the same as a standard I would consider it. It would be nice if they offered this model with the maple top and without the coil tapping pots. Manufacturer Support: I have never dealt with epiphone or gibson support. The Wow Factor: They look sweet but it was very deceiving. I had to do some major work on the guitar in order to get it into a playable state. Be careful go to the store and look it over before you lay down 600 on it, the standard may not look as good but they sound and play just as good if not better at a much cheaper price and they offer Overall: I don't plan on getting rid of this guitar or any guitar I own they all have their place and their own sound.

"Surprisingly Impressed with this Epi!!!!!!!!!" submitted September 26, 2008

Musical Background: 22 Years Playing Guitar; 1/2 as an Active Musician
Music Style: Classic Rock, Blues, Alternative, Classical, Metal, some Progressive Jazz, Flamenco (but I like Blues best)
Sound: I own more guitars than I care to mention (my only addiction is collecting guitars...), and this definately has that deep, sweet sustainful tone that everyone buys a Les Paul for in the first place. It's a little less bright and a bit more mellow sounding than my Gibby LPs, but the tone is just as warm and full. I can get a funky jazz sound out of using both stock pickups, the blues in a clean setting from the neck, and still do some serious hard-rocking using the bridge combined with distortion, all the while producing a tonal quality that would rival any of my other guitars. Feature: C'mon, we all know what the standard features of an LP are. Ease of Use: The neck is a bit slim for my tastes, and being used to the longer scale length of my SRV Strat I was surprised at how comfortable the guitars feels to play. Though the action was a bit high from the store, with s small bit of setup the thing plays like a dream! No fret buzz, nice feel to the fingerboard, fairly good finish to the fretwork; excellent. I've tried three of these and haven't run into one yet that didn't play smoothly. Quality: Sturdy, good solid feel, the aesthetics too are nice in nearly every way. Mine came in wonderful fit and finish with only one noticeable flaw to it. Two of the knobs are slighly crooked. Value: I've owned an Epi Special, a Standard, and eight Gibby LPs. I was extremely dissatisfied with the Special. The Standard was fairly good, but not great. This custom is, however, extremely comparable to several of my most expensive guitars that cost me well into the thousands! Ive heard people remark that it is expensive for an Epi, and to them I say, Go to a store and try an Epi Custom. Then try the most expensive guitars in the store, and THEN you tell me it is expensive. The guitar is definitely worth the money!!!! Manufacturer Support: I never had to deal with support. So I'll given them the benefit of the doubt. The Wow Factor: It's black, and it's beautiful. Go see one and you be the judge. Overall: Right before I purchased this guitar I was looking for something much more expensive, and already had a bias against Epiphones. But after having played this I couldn't justify buying another guitar for four-times as much when this one sounds and plays so perfectly. I have now completely changed my mind about the higher-end Epiphones. I intend to keep this guitar for life. That is a statement I wouldn't make about almost any guitars I've owned. If I were in the market for a good all purpose guitar, and money is a consideration...This is the guitar I'd buy. In fact, I bought one for my son as well, for that very reason. And, if it was lost or stolen, I would buy another without a second thought! :)

"Love at first note, definitely." submitted December 3, 2008

Musical Background: Active Guitarist
Music Style: Alternative, Punk, Metal
Sound: The sound of this guitar is pretty great. Suitable for just about every style of music you can think of, especially when you've got fuzz or distortion running. I use Line 6 and it's impressive. The treble pickup is good for harmonics and it's been sounding great ever since. Minimal buzzing, but I can deal with it. I highly advise you to change the strings if you want a brighter sound though. Slinkys would be best. Feature: My Paul came with a basic cord, instuctions and the guitar obviously. There wasn't much to it, but keeping it simple was the best way to go in this case. After buying it I bought a good strap and some new strings and it was good to go. Ease of Use: If you've played a Les Paul, you know how well these guitars work. They're simple, straightforward and beasts. You don't have to toggle and fight with the knobs and switches too much and it stays solid when you're playing pretty rough (which I do). I've heard that the knobs fall off after a while, but you could say it gives it some character. It's easy for my brother and friends to work, and they have no idea how to play the guitar, so I guess it's pretty easy. Quality: It's made well, but you need to get intonation ASAP. It makes it sound a hell of a lot better. I noticed a little bit of wear on the frets after probably a month of playing, but that's pretty normal. The finish is smooth with no blemishes and it doesn't scratch easily. I admit that I have dropped my baby once, and guess what, zero signs of damage! I'll probably end up doing worse things to this guitar on stage, during practise, but it's gonna keep up. It's probably stronger than I am. Value: This is almost like playing a Gibson. It's top of the line, and if you want superior quality, this is what you get. Don't settle for anything less. It's a steal for under $1000 and I would certainly pay more for it if I had to. Manufacturer Support: No need yet. The Wow Factor: Sexy. That's all. Alpine white is amazing to look at, and it attracts other musicians like CRAZY. I probably had about ten people crowding around me when I took it out of the case, which was amazing because I didn't even know them! They all said it was a really unique guitar and I'm lucky I have it. I wouldn't go with anything else, any other day. Definitley a music magnet. Overall: I'd probably use this guitar forever if I could. I don't expect it to wear out fast, and I need it to last a long time (broke musician). So far I'm extremely pleased with it and I don't regret having to save cash for months to get this beauty. Compared to other Epiphone Pauls I've played, this is the only one I fell in love with.

"Frickin steal," submitted July 8, 2008

By a customer from marshall.edu
Musical Background: hobbyist 5yrs
Music Style: blues/rock
Sound: Thick, warm, sweet tone that sustains for days. If your looking for that "les paul" sound don't be scared by the epi name. Neck pickup is my fav, gives thick and nice warm blues sound. Add some overdrive to the bridge pup and let some led out. Obviously being a LP it is naturally bottom heavy tonally, but this is awesome when downtuned Feature: Very good stock pickups, probably not going to change them, tuners and tone lock bridge are amazing, hardly ever goes out of tune, can drop tune on the fly. What else? Body is gorgeous, white creme binding, i have the wine red, not sure if it's still available but I've played the white as well, gorgeous too!!! if your used to a tele/strat this will be a good bit heavier on your shoulder but no worries it's worth it Ease of Use: plug and play, all the tone you want is there, plays like butter Quality: Finish great, no filler to be seen, very sturdy, beautiful wood grain finish, very impressed by the craftmanship, frets were clean and cut PERFECTLY, smooth as silk Value: Expensive for an epiphone you think? I mean it is a copy right? Guys i would easily spend an extra 200 on what i got, highly impressed. There is a huge difference between 200-300$ epi's and this and the standard plus top, get one now Manufacturer Support: have not needed it, thought i had a pickup going out but it ended up being a crappy cheap cable i got probably pretty shady of me but they get an 8 on support for the benefit of the doubt The Wow Factor: Only ballers play Les Pauls! I got a strat too but a pauls a paul. When someones on stage and playing a paul the attention is always there. It commands attention. Overall: Would I own only a Les Paul, no. Could I go without this in my collection, no way. This is the go to guy. If your thinking of buying this but are hesitant, this is a no brain winner, you can't go wrong.

"Epiphone + Les paul + custom = Solidified Sex" submitted January 8, 2009

Music Style: 80s Metal, Rock
Sound: She sounds like a true guitar. very clean and sounds amazing with even the heaviest distortion. Feature: stays in tune for a while. 2 volume 2 tone knobs making a killswith with the Rhythm and treble knob. the gator case has a lock on it for great amount of security. Ease of Use: im not very good at guitar but i can shred up and down this neck like nothing. the action is soooo low to the fretboard. it came with a manual which helped me learn more about this beauty. Quality: ok it came in a box, and inside that box there was fillings of cardboard, and the case was wraped in plastic, and inside the case (guitar) was wraped in a thin styrofoam, so i think it came really well. although i had to tune it, it was about a half step down. Value: i only went with zz because of it's plan which is btw amazing. it's so convient and with excellent customer service. Manufacturer Support: i used the pay as you play plan and i payed $218.20 and it shipped in about a week or less mabye. these guys know what their doing and they were as friendly as can be. The Wow Factor: i wear dark colors when i go to shows so i chosed the alpine white and it stands out like a sore thumb and brings attention to me. (not to sound concieded) Overall: i wouldn't by it from anywhere else. this product is the best item i've ever got in my life hands down.

"Truly Something Worth Owning!!!!!" submitted September 16, 2010

Music Style: Rock, Metal, some Blues
Sound: The sound is slightly mellow but very smooth. has great sustain, and a very comfortable feel. This guitar plays beautifully!!! Got mine in Alpine White. The only thing that bothers me is that there are a few hard lines where the white finish meets the edging. Otherwise, very worth the money and a very solid and well built instrument. Feature: I absolutely love the way the gold hardware looks against the white finish. A very gorgeous guitar. Its very heavy (like, a high-end Gibson quality type of heavy) and the Grover Rotomatic tuners work amazingly well. (duh they are grovers, I mean.....come on people) Ease of Use: Great playability. The neck is slightly different from my other guitars, but that goes without saying. No two guitars are ever alike. Quality: when you hold it in your hands it feels almost indestructible. the quality truly is up there among the best. Value: if you are a serious musician looking for a QUALITY old-school feel, great playability and great performance that wont eat your wallet alive......look no further than the Les Paul Custom Manufacturer Support: Support for what problems?? The Wow Factor: "sex appeal" is very classic and full of character and history. Love it Overall: Why would I search for anything else?

"Three's company,when all 3 are this foxey" submitted March 21, 2009

By a customer from dwic.org
Musical Background: active,engineer
Music Style: Big Easy Blues(New Orleans)
Sound: Well I did it again guys,I bought my 3rd EPI LP plus. This one is midnight black w/ gold hardware! I have never seen that either in the catalogs,but it was on the wall at my local dealer,and I snatched it.Once again the resonation that happens naturally is mind blowing.pups are ace,no problem. Oh by the the way,this is Joe T. from New Orleans ,I wrote twice about my other 2 EPI flames."JAKE and ELMO,both magical in appearance and tone and fret work.Harmonics are phenomenal.So now we have MIDNITE RIDER,JAKE and ELMO.They do live up to their names. Feature: We all know for that price ,accessories are not needed,although I did get another soft leather case for it. They all must have good cases. At the dealer I tried to trade JAKE in because of its age, but the salesman would not let me because of its full strike Tiger Stripes and Limited Edition on the back.Apparently it was an original from early Samick factory circa 1994.I'm glad I still have it.No pickgaurd shows stripes well. Ease of Use: Keep it short and sweet..It's A PAUL nuff' said.I know some of you guys think I'm crazy'but the action and finish on these guitars is much more likable to me than Greedy Gibsons.Oh by the way the new headstocks out of China Quindao are full width across not slim like before.More true LP appearance. Quality: If someone asked me if these guitars were really great quality.I would ask them Does a one-legged duck swim in a circle? Value: The price on these guitars makes it possible for the working class picker to stay well equipped and looking very appealing on stage. These axes are one of a kind,and I don't think of them as imitations anymore,but they are their own animal. Manufacturer Support: Not Neccessary.Good Company. The Wow Factor: I'm crazy and addicted to these guitars.They are very sexy on and off stage.I now own 3 EPI LP plus tops.I WANT ANOTHER ONE!!!! Ihave Honey Burst(Samick),Vintage Sunburst(almost tobacco from Quindao,and Midnihgt black from Quindao)Quality stuff,no doubt.

"Smokin'" submitted September 28, 2011

Musical Background: Home studio 30+ years experience
Music Style: Classic Rock
Sound: The sound is Classic Rock, the sound quality is perfect. Feature: Independent volume and tone controls for each pickup - this should be a requirement for all electric guitars. Ease of Use: This guitar plays as if it were a part of you - so easy, smooth - almost as if it were a physical part of you. Quality: quality is without reproach Value: The guitar is worth far more than the selling price - there are few guitars that can compete with the LP Custom Manufacturer Support: I've never had to contact Epiphone - thats great customer support! The Wow Factor: This is a beautiful guitar, it's looks are stunning! You could hang it on the wall as an art display! Overall: This is my second Epiphone LP Custom - if I ever need to replace it I'll be back for another one - no one makes a more beautiful or playable guitar.

"Best guitar for the price." submitted December 26, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: "active musician"
Music Style: Metal, Rock, Funk
Sound: This guitar sounds like something a pro would play. The sound is just amazing. When I do a chord, it just sounds like the guitar is gonna like EAT YOU or something, haha. I love using this baby for my metal songs. It's definitely compatible with my style of music. I think this guitar sounds better than my Fender stratocaster. By itself, it's awesome; at band practice It's AMAZING. I think that live, this thing would kick ass, but in the studios you get to edit and all of that other professional stuff. I used a Marshall MG 50DFX with a Digitech Grunge pedal. It's complete metal. THis guitar would probably sound better with some nicer pickups, that's it. Feature: No, the product didn't include any accessories. The most useful feature on it is probably the pickup selector. The treble is my favorite. The least useful feature is the pick guard, I got rid of that right away. I wish this guitar had EMG's and that's all. Everything this guitar uses is perfect. Ease of Use: Oh my God, you just play the thing, and this beautiful sound comes flowing from your amplifier. It's easy, just adjust the knobs and the pickups being used to sound as you like it. YOu plug it in and play, it's that simple. YOu have to get used to the neck, especially if you had JAckson before it like I did. Mine didn't come with a manual, hah. This guitar is as playable as any other instrument. Quality: The product is mad really well, because it's tough, and durable. The finish is great, BUT it could be better, the jack on the guitar was loose, but that's all taken care of now. I can play this thing at any concert and It'll sound great. Oh, I always keep a backup no matter what I'm doing.YES, this guitar would be awesome for "the road." Quite reliable indeed. The worst aspect of the quality are the electrical components, they needed some fixing up. THis guitar seems as if it'll last me for about 4-5 years. Value: You can't get any guitar with this much playability and quality for this price. Manufacturer Support: Haven't dealt with them. The Wow Factor: This thing is one sexy beast. How can you not love the Black finish with Gold hardware? That classic "tuxedo" look. The color is amazing, it's made with care, it fells like it was passed down to me by god, the design..... couldn't ask for better. Overall: I'm hoping this guitar will last for years to come.

"if you want a great looking, great sounding, great quality instrument then look no further,this is the answer." submitted May 28, 2008

By a customer from bellsouth.net
Music Style: southern rock
Sound: ive owned gibson lp's and the sustain and tone on this guitar is as good or better than a couple that i've had. Feature: no accessories with mine,but the independent volume and tone allows for a lot of versatility,just an amazing machine. Ease of Use: with a little adjusting and tweeking,you'll get the sound you want. Quality: i just love this guitar,the quality seems great,not one problem. Value: i would have paid more for a guitar that sounds this good, as a matter of fact i have Manufacturer Support: no need for support so far,so i'll give them the the 10 under assumption that their support is as good as their product. The Wow Factor: just looking at this guitar makes you want one Overall: this one will stay with me for life,if something happened to it i would get another one right away.

"A totally great guitar with style." submitted February 16, 2011

Musical Background: Hobbyist/Active Musician
Music Style: Metal and Rock
Sound: The sounds of the guitar with the factory strings was pretty nice.. The first amp I played on it wasn't great either. But, I suggest switching for brand new Gibson Les Paul strings or Ernie Ball slinky's. After I made the change.. I was amazed by the sound.. It sounded better than a Gibson Black Beauty I played at a Gibson Showcase. Feature: As for the features ON the guitar.. I couldn't be happier. The case it came in also had a new input cord and a strap. I haven't used the strap because I have my own but the cord is easy and portable for when I practice outside of gigs. Ease of Use: Just slap a bit of crunch on it and go. It's really easy to move down the fretboard and it's great for more heroic solos. I played a few Fall of Troy songs on it when I first got it. It sounded great. I recommend a Marshall amp or a Line 6. Quality: It's finish was perfect.. The only scratch I found was on the pickgaurd and I'm the one that made it because I play it ALL THE TIME. Value: I think it's a steal. Sounds JUST LIKE a Gibson and looks like one as well. Manufacturer Support: I talked to a few people before I bought it and they were very helpful to tell me if it was a good choice or not. The Wow Factor: I wanted this guitar because I wanted a Custom Les Paul in Alpine White. I could have stuck with my other guitars but this guitar is BEAUTIFUL. Overall: I wouldn't replace it.. I would like to add to my arsenal of guitars with an SG or something. But, I would play this until I couldn't play it anymore.

"Epiphone Les Paul Custom, My best friend" submitted February 14, 2010

By a customer from charter.net
Musical Background: hobbyist/active musician
Music Style: classic rock/electric blues
Sound: ...neck pickup is smooth and warm...bridge is a bit sharp but this guitar will sustain forever...great harmonics too...with the right amp you can cover anybodys gibson sound.... Feature: I own the cherry burst custom..which isnt available anymore..it is truly a gorgeous guitar. wonderful maple grain under the red an yellow stain. all gold trim awesome.. Ease of Use: .action is right down on the frets and buzzes nowhere. much lighter than the gibson so you can play it longer with less fatigue. Quality: mine very well made..binding perfect and the finish was flawless.everything works..and I beleive that it would last as long as any other guitar would... Value: this guitar, compared to any tonal differences that a real gibson has over it is one the the best bargains out there. The Wow Factor: lets face it..for a humbucker sound the les Paul will always be one of the best and most desirable guitars in the world. I love how it looks ,feels, plays and sounds. Overall: If it was lost I would just get another. I had a strat with a humbucker but the strat neck is a different scale and with my hands I can play the LP easier.

"sex with six strings" submitted June 10, 2007

Musical Background: musician
Music Style: rock and blues
Sound: good blues/rock/rockabilly sound Feature: set up great, i got it in limited edition silveburst paint *drool* Ease of Use: great Quality: the guy i bought it from said everything is gibson except pickups and they sound great any way! Value: i bought it for $969au a year after it was brought out Manufacturer Support: havent needed any The Wow Factor: such a sexy guitar, i love the chrome hardware on mine Overall: BUY IT, instead of ibanez

"What a nice clasic loking guitar!!" submitted March 5, 2009

Music Style: Metal, Rock & Alternative
Sound: The sound of the guitar is realy good, it has a much better suntain than what i throught. The tone is awesome to, and i would just let it like that if you are a beginner. But if you are realy dig into guitar then I would recommend changing the pickups(buy emgs for metal or a pair of seymour or gibsons for versatibility), because they are not for my personal taste(but they could fit yours). Feature: It just got what you see. A fixed bridge wit nothing to especial about it, 4 knobs and a 22 frets neck. It doesnt has any great pickups or accesories but its fine, you can deal with it. The only thing that i found cool are the tuners which are grover but there is nothing more to it. Ease of Use: The guitar is like any other but its not comfortable to get to the 17-22 fret. Quality: Its a well made guitar and everything is fine except for the fact that the colume knobs dont work so fine. When you turned down nothing changes, until you reach like the 2 number and it get almost muted. Value: It has avery good price but I got mine when they were like 700 (with case). Manufacturer Support: I have not call epiphone but I wanted to, because mine came with a little hole in the back of the neck. But its not that important. The Wow Factor: I wanted a Gibson but they were just not in my price range. Now that I have this beauty, all I can say is whoa. It better than what I expected, and for 1/4 the price of a Gibson you cant get any better loking guitar. The only thing that I found different from the Gibsons are the headstock. Overall: I will keep it until i got enought money for a Gibson, but there are some possibilitis to got my Gibson but with out getting rid of it.

"IT'S AN AFFORDABLE LES PAUL with QUALITY!" submitted February 10, 2008

Music Style: Rock, Metal, Blues
Sound: It sounds sweet! I hear people slam on the pickups, but jeez, they sound great for me! Don't think I'll replace them. Very versatile sound overall. I use this for the metal stuff instead of my Fender strats. Feature: All components are great, no flaws. I have used it thoroughly for 5 months now before reviewing, and no complaints. No accessories really, but I don't care. I got a great deal from Zounds, and it was in my hands about 14 hours after I ordered it. Ease of Use: Very fast and playable neck, not as heavy as the Gibsons. Quality: Very good craftsmanship. The finish is the sweet and sexy ebony and it's holding up very well. Value: For the money, it's a great deal. The guy who totally slammed on this did not buy this guitar. If there's a plate with "Gibson" on the back, it's not a set neck. It's probably the Gibson/Baldwin Target guitar, which I gave my niece. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had a need to deal. The Wow Factor: Yeah, from all the inlays to the paint and gold hardware, this is BEAUTIFUL! Overall: I'm pretty sure I'll have it for the rest of my life. There isn't anything I don't like about it.

"Total Steal" submitted March 15, 2006

Overall
Sound: This is a guitar with some serious sound. it definitely is cheaper than a gibson, but it could hold it's own with a fender. The quality of the guitar is not gibson, but it still has that fat tone that made the les paul famous. Definitely a buy to last a lifetime, but it now. Feature: Obviously, I think that two tone and two volume knobs are a little much for my style (Rock and Stadium), but they are still fun to fiddle with. The humbuckers are of great quality, and the sustain is awesome. Ease of Use: This is definitly one of the easiest guitars to use and discover. I have several Ibanez, and i still haven't found a sound I truly like. Quality: 10. What else can i say? Value: Total Stealage. Manufacturer Support: I didn't get it from the company. I got it from u guys. The Wow Factor: Dude if ya can't get laid with this baby, i don't know what the heck is wrong with your face. The finish is flawless, the and the simply gorgous body made me want it just to look at. Overall: I love it, give it a ten and that's all i need to say.

"Rock for the Ages!" submitted August 8, 2006

Music Style: Rock, Alternative, Metal, Industrial
Sound: The pickups it comes with are a bit sub par for what the actual potential is. A simple pickup upgrade and an adjustment to the action and this ax will compete with any Gibson thats 4x the price. Feature: Other than the korean made pickups, that arn't that great, maybe some locking tuners, but other than that it's great. Plays like butter. Ease of Use: Once the pickups are replaced it's very easy to control, unless your picking up a guitar for the first time. If thats the case, get an acoustic so your fingers and courdination are better prepared to play this kind of beast. Quality: This guitar is made extreamly well. From the factory it was ready to play, but there is a slight buzz in the action, but that's just like tuning and an easy fix. The finish is brilliant, the fretboard and neck are smooth and very glidable. So far I have had no problems with it, so it seems reliable. I think I can get a good ten years of hard playing out of this thing, with proper mantenance. No back up unless you break a string, and that also an easy fix. The price your paying for it, things like pickups and no-break bridge pieces will not hurt your wallet. After all the modifications I have done to mine, plus a hard case, I have invested around $850.00 after taxes. Value: For the price it costs $599. you can't beat it. Manufacturer Support: The company is very friendly and they seem to really want to help you if you have a question or there is a problem with your guitar. The Wow Factor: Very very sexy! Makes me feel like a rockstar. Overall: Actually, I am very satisfied with it, but I now want an Explorer, for personal reasons; I don't really need it at all. This Les Paul is awsome, I don't like gold hardware, but that's a personal preferance. What I like most about it is it's beauty and playability. What I like least about it are the stock pickups.

"Warm up the Arctic..." submitted August 29, 2006

By a customer from mail.com
Overall
Musical Background: 12 years of jam in my bedroom, Hobbyist, Active Musician for 5 years.
Music Style: Rock and every related musical genre.
Sound: This guitar has a lot of tone. The sound is very versatile: I can play Rock, Heavy Metal or Blues and I always find the sound i'm looking for without having to switch for another guitar. I play this beauty with Boss pedals in a '83 Peavey VTX Combo Amp. I tried it in a Fender Reverb and a Marshall TSL100 and it still sounds amazing. Maybe a little more Tone from the neck pickup would be expected - my personal taste - but you can still change the original pickup or play with the EQ of the amp. Ease of Use: The feel of the neck is superb. It's easy to play with. The frets are the perfect size and my fingers are sliding like never. To bend the strings is a smoothy action as drinking a milk shake. I never had the chance to try a real Gibson LP but I played a PRS Custom 24, a Fender American Strat '71 and plenty of other good guitars and my Epiphone remain my favorite - especially for the price! Quality: I only own this guitar for few months now so I can only tell about the finish. It's probably the only thing that is not perfect on it. It is pretty pretty good but not perfect and it is surely the reason why there is Epiphone and Gibson - $1000 and $3000. The rest of it seems more than Ok to me. I'm sure that this product would be appropriate for use "on the road" and I will discover real soon. The Wow Factor: This guitar is so "sexy". I always dreamed of a Les Paul and the Custom one got the most beautiful headstock of all. I am a little tired of Sunburst and Gold color. When I saw this Arctic White matched with Gold hardware, I fell in love on the spot. I asked the salesman to put it on the side for me and I went back to the retailer 2 weeks later to pick it up. If I would give a name to my LP, I would call her "Izabelle"... Overall: I believe to be satisfied for a very long time if it's not forever with the Epiphone Les Paul Custom. Of course I will search for another product one day but not to replace it... I'd like to get the exact same but Black! I would recommend to anyone who can afford it. It's my 7th guitar and my favorite way ahead of all the other ones. It sounds great, it feels good and she's sexy like my wife - oops! You can play any music style and this guitar will absolutely suits your needs.

"AMAZING AXE" submitted February 23, 2005

Music Style: Alternative, Contemperary Christian, Alternative Christian
Sound: The tone is amazing! The humbuckers give it a nice variety of sounds. I love playing my contemperary christian music on it Feature: What can i say its a les paul Quality: When i got my Alpine White les paul custom i was amazed at the finish. It looked so beautiful i didnt want to play it because it might get something on it or scratched or stuff like that. But in the same way i wanted to plugg this baby in and just jam for endless hours. Value: BEST DEAL ON THE MARKET. SOUNDS JUST LIKE A GIBSON JUST A DIFFERENT NAME ON THE HEAD. its about 5x cheaper than a gibson sounds just as good if not better. Manufacturer Support: i didnt have to call yet and ive had mine for 2 years The Wow Factor: how can u not want a les paul? Just looking at it makes me cry. My gf gets jealous cuz i spend too much time with it. Overall: Its the Best guitar out there for the price. Its better than most guitars that cost over 1000 bux.

"IF YOU DO ONLY ONE THING IN YOUR LIFE.......BUY THIS" submitted March 1, 2007

By a customer from netzero.net
Musical Background: hobbyist/active musician
Music Style: art rock/alt rock/rock
Sound: Change the pickups for Duncans and you have a GIBSON LP for a fraction of the price. Thick,warm,clean,heavy,smooth - you name it you can have it all , this thing will make you cry with joy.I run it through a vox amp and it is sweet , run it through a marshall jcm or diezel/mesa combo and you could wake the dead. Feature: Great. Ease of Use: A little difficult if your just starting to play , but for anyone with even a small amount of experience, smooth as silk. Quality: Ive seen other reviews that say there were minor flaws with theirs but mine is perfect , a bit of polish and it looks fantastic. The binding was perfect and apart from having to change the pickups i could not be happier. I have a friend who has 3 Gibsons and he says he couldnt tell the difference except for the headstock. Value: PLEASE, THIS IS THE BEST DEAL BAR NONE. I WILL BE BUYING 2 MORE IN THE FUTURE BEFORE EPIPHONE CATCH ON AND RAISE THE PRICE. THERE IS NO BETTER DEAL OUT THERE , DONT BE PUT OFF JUST BECAUSE IT DOESNT SAY GIBSON ON IT , THIS IS THE REAL DEAL. Manufacturer Support: I called for technical questions , not for problems and was treated as well as i could ever expect. Polite,professional and helpfull , i wont have any worries calling again. The Wow Factor: This is not only sexy , it makes you look and feel sexy , you feel like a rock star just standing with it. HOW COULD ANYONE NOT WANT A LES PAUL? THIS IS THE HOLY GRAIL.... Overall: MY Black and gold custom will me with me until im worm food(unless it gets broken or stolen) THE ONLY reason i didnt give it a ten is because of the origional pickups but for about $120 you can get the best upgrade. I love this guitar and dont ever want to play anything else, You will not regret buying your own piece of heaven. ps,with all the $$$$ you save , you can splash out on quality hardshell case too.

"BUY IT!!!!!!" submitted November 10, 2007

Overall
Sound: The sound was I'd say right around a 2. Then I threw a SD pearly gates in the bridge and a burstbucker 2 in the neck. Everytime I get a new guitar I always end up goin back to my EPI LP. Feature: The only bad features we're the pickups and it always comes loose where u plug in the cord but thats ok I'll tighten it down everytime Ease of Use: plays better then any guitar out there. Give one a try Quality: I think I got mine back in 2002 and it still plays great and has nothin worng with it except my drunken dings and scratches Value: Got mine for 500 bucks around christmas time when a local guitar shop was closin down which is 100 bucks less then what it sells for Manufacturer Support: never had any problems but it still deserves a 10 The Wow Factor: Well I wont lie. I'm pretty ugly. if it were my appearence rating it would be a 2. so then you strap on of these on and it moves you up to right around an 8 and 1/2 maybe even a 9. Now thats sexy!!!!!!! Overall: Well I've had it for 5 years now. It wasn't my first guitar but It was my first nice guitar. I have a 1300 dollar carvin that doesn't compare. A kirk hammit esp that I never play anymore. and a few others and I always start playin somethin on one of em and end up puttin it down to go pick up the EPI cause it's the greatest guitar I've ever played. Now all I need is a fender telecaster which is next on the list. Hopefully its better then my LP but I really don't cound on it. I just like single coils better for blues

"Best Bang for the Buck." submitted October 29, 2006

Overall
Sound: Definately switch out the pickups on this. It is the ONLY downfall to this guitar. Put in some WCR's or a Seymour Duncan SH4 & SH2, & you got yourself a Gibson Les Paul for about $2,000 less. Feature: Great neck. Great action. Great finish. Great product. Don't listen to the purists. This IS a Gibson, but without the name & without the rediculous price tag. Just because someone in China put the pieces together, does'nt make it anyless of a guitar. USA Gibson't are WAY overpriced & WAY overrated. Ease of Use: The pickup combos will throw off Strat users at first. The neck is smooth as silk. Quality: Excellent. The selector switch may need replacing eventually, but other than that, this is one SOLID guitar. Defiantely road worthy. Value: Incredible. Like I said, this is a Gibson without the pricetag. Manufacturer Support: Don't really know. The Wow Factor: I'm thinking about picking up another. This guitar demands to be played. Overall: One of the best buys out there. Just switch out the pups & you've got yourself a top notch guitar.

"I got a good one!" submitted December 29, 2007

Musical Background: 25 years hobbyist
Music Style: Rock and Blues
Sound: I bought this guitar and was very surprised at the tonal quality. I don't need any aftermarket pickups,--the stock ones sound fine to me. Feature: Mine stays in tune. The pots are nice. Can't understand the poor reviews that some people have concerning the pots. They are very smoothe and tight. Ease of Use: I have five other guitars. This one is my nicest. Was I just lucky? Quality: Cheers! Great job in craftsmanship. Value: I gave it a 10. Manufacturer Support: I gave them a 9! I am speculating. The Wow Factor: A Gibson Les Paul is tops I guess,--This one is just a Korean work of art. They can make this stuff as good as we can! And at a lower price. Overall: I have high hopes for this guitar!

"White Les paul Custom. Oh Yeah." submitted July 28, 2010

Overall
Music Style: Hard Rock, Metal, Progressive Blues.
Sound: The sound is very subjective, but, I am able to get a very good blues sound out of this guitar, however, Since I play mostly hard rock and metal, The stock pickups just dont respond or give the gain I am looking for. The response of the pickups when in Hi gain is very muddy and not distinctive at all. So, If your like me and just love the look of the alpine white les paul, and you play hard rock, your gonna want to change the pickups to get more gain. The neck pickup, however sounds quite well for cleans and getting a very nice clean, smooth sound. Feature: I got a connector cable and a case with mine, which is always nice. As far as everything else, we all know what a les paul is and what they can do. Ease of Use: It is very easy to use. Two pickups, two volumes, two tones, 6 strings, and tuner keys. AND A LES PAUL BODY. What else do you need. Oh yeah, Better pickups!!! But thats just because I play a lot of hard rock. But if your into blues, it does have a very sweet bluesy sound. Quality: It is very well built from the looks of it. No mechanical defects, grover tuners, tune-o-matic tailpiece, binding was all good. It looks put together very well. THe action on my guitar was so low that I actually had to raise it just a little bit because i was getting some fret buzz right out of the box. But, the action on the custom is the best I have seen on a les paul. Value: Yeah, it is definately worth the price that I paid, and I would pay it again for the guitar. Manufacturer Support: Ive been dealing with Epiphone and gibson for years. Both are very easy to deal with, and will usually work their ass off to make you happy as a customer. The Wow Factor: Its an Alpine White les paul custom. Does a guitar get any sexier? Overall: I will change the pickups on this guitar and I will keep it for the rest of my life, or until it breaks, one of the two. Hopefully it will last a long time. Im a gigging musician in San Diego, So, I hope it will last.

Epiphone Les Paul Custom Customer Review submitted December 20, 2011

Overall
Sound: If you like rock and roll from the beatles to zepplin to my chemical romance,it's perfect. Ease of Use: I love the guitar but it's super heavy.

"AWSOME GUITAR!" submitted April 8, 2006

Overall
Sound: its good but not as good as a gibson. Feature: Great, thats as simple as it gets Ease of Use: its preaty hard if you dont play but i do so its easy. Quality: Awsome. ITs a beautiful guitar, i can look at it all day Value: realy good, you cant realy beat a price. even though i got it when it wasnt on sale. Manufacturer Support: havent needed any support what so ever The Wow Factor: Dead sexy Overall: Beautiful, great sounding, awsome guitar, what more do you want?

"A great guitar for a great price!" submitted February 6, 2004

By a customer from pikeonline.net
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Led Zep-style Rock
Sound: The sound is excellent. It sounds just like my Uncle's Gibson Les Paul Custom. The only thing I will change is the bridge pickup. The neck pickup is great but the bridge pickup is a bit muddy and not too hot.The guitar is definately compatible with the music I play. Feature: The components were great! The humbuckers are very good, although the bridge should be replaced for a hotter cleaner sound. The two tone and volume knobs are great for changing the guitar to fit your personal tastes and sounds. The only feature I wish it had was a more Gibson-like headstock. The Epi headstock looks too thin on the neck. Quality: This product is very well made. It is very durable, the finish is great and shiny, and the guitar parts are sturdy and will last a long time.I don't worry it will break at all and I wouldn't hesitate to take it on the road. Value: This guitar is definately worth the price. Gibson's are overpriced. The Wow Factor: The guitar's looks are great. It looks professional,beautiful, and sexy. Overall: The guitar is amazing and great for the price. The only thing I would change is the bridge pickup to something more loud, hot, and fierce! This guitar will probably be my last for awhile, unless I suddenly got a huge shopping spree and afforded a Gibson! (YEAH RIGHT!)

"Great Guitar" submitted August 29, 2004

Musical Background: worship band
Sound: Has the sound of a 2,000 dollar gibson les paul. if you like the look and sound of the gibson but hate the price buy this one. it is comprable Feature: it has two humbuckers which are awesome and it also has two tone knobs and two volume knobs Quality: very heavy and nothing ever comes loose (the heavyness is good) Value: awesome this sounds just like a gibson and looks the same too great price Manufacturer Support: have never had to deal with them The Wow Factor: it makes all the ladies want you at least my girlfriend did Overall: i love this guitar

"A simple setup is the key." submitted July 24, 2005

Music Style: Alt, Punk, Metal, Rock, and a hint of almost everything else
Sound: The sound of this guitar is good and manageable. Many have said it already: change the pikcups. The bridge PU is especially in need of a hotter, brighter tone. Otherwise, great, fat sound. Feature: Binding, nice finish, gold hardware, vol and tone for BOTH pikcups...Hello? This is one of those guitars that only needs a simple setup (action, intonation, maybe a neck adjustment) to be worth way more that its price tag. Quality: As stated, all this guitar may need is a simnple setup. Many won't be able to tell the difference between a well setup epiphone and a gibson. Value: I feel this guitar is priced right where it should be, but many guitars are overpriced, so I would be willing to pay much more. The Wow Factor: Think about this statement - Are there many other guitars that make people look good on there own? In my opinion, it is almost impossible to look bad with a les paul. Overall: What more could you want. Any small things that may not be perfect are countered by all the things that are.

"READ THIS AS IT WILL HELP YOU!" submitted November 22, 2004

Overall
Musical Background: Recording artist for solo artists, namely robbie williams.
Music Style: Rock, pop with a hint of jazz/blues.
Sound: I have played on both epiphones and Gibsons and the difference 'tone wise' is minimal. Sounds great on most amps, amazing recording qualities and sustains notes like no other. Feature: Great neck, smooth, quick, solid and just amazing to play. The Pickups are top notch and are way better than my old PRS santana!! Quality: Ive had mine for 7 years, hasn't let me down yet! My PRS packed in loads more in comparison, well made, durable and just quality! Value: YOU CANNOT BUY A BETTER GUITAR FOR THE MONEY, MADE BY GIBSON AND YOU CAN TELL! BUY THIS GUITAR AND NEVER BUY A PRS SANTANA! Manufacturer Support: Only once to ask a question about my action. Helpful and friendly! The Wow Factor: LOOKS AWESOME, FEELS AWESOME, PLAYS AWESOME AND IF YOU DONT WANT ONE YET, YOU WILL AFTER YOU PLAY ONE! Overall: I have been playing guitar for 35 years, and I would only swap this guitar for the Gibson version. It is incredible for the money you pay. It is by far the sweetest guitar I have ever played!

"GREAT GUITAR!!!!!!" submitted October 10, 2004

Overall
Music Style: ska, emo, rock, punk
Sound: the tone of this guitar is spectacular but to make this excellellent tone even better add on new pickups Feature: this guitar is perfect Quality: the wors aspect of this guitar are the tuning pegs that tarnish eastiy Manufacturer Support: epiphone is so great to deal with The Wow Factor: this guitar is one sexy beast Overall: everyone should one one of these

"HOLY CRAP!!!" submitted June 30, 2007

By a customer from aim.com
Overall
Music Style: rock, classic rock (steely dan, van halen, ac/dc, ozzman)
Sound: put in gibson, or duncans, or emgs. once thats done it sounds BETTER than gibson. (the rating would also chang to a 11) Feature: standard with vol and tone knob for each pup!!! Ease of Use: great action, feel, finish. extremely comforatable. Quality: extremely well made. i dont own it, just used, so i dont know about road worthy... Value: THIS IS EASILY WORTH $3000!!! The Wow Factor: its the best looking guitar ive ever seen and it sounds/play great. Overall: this, the ltd ex-351d, and the epi g-400 custom limited edition sg are the best buys out there!!!

"awesome guitar" submitted September 4, 2004

Music Style: Heavy metal,blues bluegrass,hard rock
Sound: hotter pickups emghz4 or emg81-85 strap locks Feature: its great Quality: perfect Value: great value Manufacturer Support: have not had to call them The Wow Factor: hey paul custom are the best wish i had a gibson but this does me fine Overall: i cant see it letting me down at all

"Second time around is even better!" submitted December 31, 2004

Overall
Music Style: Drums concert, Blues old and New, Classical Guitar, Folk, Contemporary, Rock
Sound: It's a strong pick-up maybe heavy, which is nice for some of my playing. For Jazz no, ROCK, Metal, and punch nice. For Blues prefer my Strat SRV pickups with a more tenor tone. Use this Guitar with Tube amps. I owned one of these in 93 and sold it, so I guess I missed it with time. Make sure the neck is straight, and you;ll love the action. Replaced the Grover Tuners for Stock Gibson Tulip. Feature: You like the feel of a heavy guitar? Why not, heavy is a good thing. Quality: Fine quality, nice finish, clean look like a fine waxed car. Select switch is lousy, someday it will break, but I'll just replace it with a GIBSON subsitution. Value: You wont find a better value for the pesos. Manufacturer Support: Will probally never call. The Wow Factor: Sexy in a classic sort of way, looks vintage Overall: I don't plan on selling it this time around.

"Epiphone Les Paul Custom" submitted February 16, 2004

Music Style: Rock/Punk Rock
Sound: i just bought this guitar two weeks ago and i have a old small fender 25 watt amp and before on my other guitar it didnt sound that good. but with this one it sounds alot better Feature: epiphone uses a less quality everything then the gibson ones but it had alot of good features and components. Quality: the strap hook-on part broke the second day. it was easily fixed by the music store and they said that alot of les pauls gibson or epiphone do that same thing and that it would be better if i had gotten it fixed the way they did it. Value: yes it is worth the price i paid. Manufacturer Support: ^^^^^^^^ The Wow Factor: its hot.

"Well Worth Every Penny" submitted October 8, 2007

Music Style: From Pink Floyd to Rammstein
Sound: Standard humbucker sound, which I like quite a bit. I'm probably going to switch the pups out for Duncans though, which will probably be a big leap in the sound. Feature: No accessories, except allen wrench and cord. I really like the way we can dial in the tones for each pickup. Ease of Use: The neck is just as fast as my strats and the big frets make it very playable. I doesn't mold to my body as well as my strats, but this guitar is actually just as light. Quality: The headstock does have a bit of a blemish on an edge, where the banding looks scuffed and the paint is not straight, but that's VERY minor and almost not worth mentioning. The finish and everything else is immaculate. This is ebony with gold hardware, very classy. I have the standard model as well, and it didn't take a fall very well. It cost almost $200 to fix a crack. I'll baby THIS one much more. The axe will need a professional setup, bit overall, the build is very solid. I am impressed. Value: I'd say for the price, it's definitely worth every penny. I'd recommend it to anyone. Manufacturer Support: I can only comment on Zzounds; the distributor. They ROCK! The Wow Factor: It's a very beautiful axe, and like others have said, "it makes one stare." Overall: I may very well play this for the rest of my life.

"wpiphone les paul customs are realy realy realy great,incredible,magnificent. with some minor adjustments this could be the guit" submitted January 24, 2004

Music Style: black / death metal
Sound: its as close to a les paul custom as your gonna get without paying top dollar (which lets face it few of us on low wages can afford)for a gibson.the wealth of tone this guitar contains is phenomenal it can suit the tones of all the styles i play, it just sounds and feels like a real les paul it's incredible for the price. and come on it's gorgeous who wouldent look twice? i play my epi through a marshall mg 50 dfx although this amp isnt huge it still sound's great. the only problem i have with my epi is that the bridge pick up doesent live up to what it could be i would suggest changing this pickup if you expierience the same dipleasure (and if you can afford to which at the moment i cant) apart from that, this is the best guitar i have ever owned Feature: i love the two volume two tone configuration on this guitar you can realy experiment with tonal flavours and textures also i love that you can mix the sound of the pickups as well, like i said the wealth of tone is phenomenal. it might be nice if the guitar bad a trem on it (though it may spoil the looks)and a different pickup in the bridge appart fom that everythings ok. Quality: the guitar feels solid enough it doesent feel as though the neck will drop off or any thing. cosmeticaly the guitar is stuning but the gold hard wear will eventualy fade. the finish does not chip easily my guitar has been bumpted several times on the road but it has not yet chipped it seems as though the guitar will last a long time if looked after when the hardwear begins to fade save up get some new ones chrome or black chrome will not fade but if you get gold again, surely enogh it will fade again Value: i think it may be a tad over priced Manufacturer Support: i have not needed to contact epiphone about this product The Wow Factor: i think this guitar (including the gibsons)are the best looking guitars on earth the way the light shines on the carved top the gold on white with the black controls and scratchplate the curves of the body just made me desire this guitar so much i played it found it was great and bought it Overall: i expect to be satisfied by this guitar until i can afford a gibson which is exactly the same cosmetic wise. this guitar meets my musical goals and beyond if the guitar were lost or stolen i would replace it somehow(id be pretty annoyed though)the thing i like the most about this guitar is the looks the wealth of tone and the playability the things i like the least are the bridge pickup and the fact ythat the gold hardwear fades, but this realy is the greatest guitar i have ever owned im extremely happy and proud with it, i coudent live without it.

"The BEST Les Paul You Could Ever Get!" submitted June 7, 2008

Music Style: Alternative, Punk, Rock, Jazz
Sound: The sound of this guitar is freaking amazing. It has a rich tone and is suited for just about every style of music you could possibly think of. I feed mine through a 15W Spider Line 6, and it just sounds great. I would change the strings if you want an even better sound though, otherwise, the ones it comes with should be fine. Feature: Mine didn't come with any features, but I bought a bunch of stuff afterwards that just made it so much easier to use. I suggest a tuner, even though this guitar has rarely gone out of tune. Ease of Use: After you tune it properly and if you have a decent amp, the sound quality is awesome. The playabiliy is so far flawless and it's perfect for any skill level. Quality: My guitar is made perfectly I would say. There were a few scratches on the pick guard, but they are barely noticable. It feels strong and secure and I'm sure it could and would widthstand a drop or two. Value: This guitar was the best value I have ever gotten. It sounds like a Gibson, but on the headstock it just says Epiphone. If you want a guitar that stacks up to Gibson's original LPs, this is the one. Manufacturer Support: I didn't need any support yet. The Wow Factor: This guitar is a sexy beast. Ebony is sweet and it's super glossy. The gold hardware makes it look different from the Standards and it brings that extra "wow". I wanted mine in white, but now that I have the ebony, I'll have to think twice about that. Overall: I'm hoping this guitar will last for a good, long time. I'll probably buy another Les Paul Custom in the future to add to my collection, and probably just to make my friends jealous. This is by far, the best Epiphone I've ever played and I wouldn't hesitate to get another one.
20 of 22 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"BUY IT FROM ZZ...SHES A BEAUTY" submitted April 8, 2008

Music Style: rock,blues,jazz...old style music
Sound: I can only express what I know about the EPI LP CUSTOM that I purchased. This is an amazing high quality,LP at an affordable price. I play it through a 150w amp and it is pure,solid sound in all three settings..I have rocked it,blues it,jazzed it and classicalized it...the sound is amazing and WILL hold its own against any other guitar on the market in its price range, and against higher end models...I know this because between myself, and others involved we have a total of 32 guitars of all styles,and prices....I am going to purchase 1 and probably 2 more of these instruments.......THE sound is better than outstanding...... Feature: Typical LP layout,Quality is right-on,Looks amazing in and out of the lights...As most, better strings are a must(will talk about this a little later)ALL the features you expect in a LP....with high quality workmanship...wherever it was made...side by side to an original LP its so close, you have to read the name to know the difference... Ease of Use: Set it the way you like it to be.....no problems Quality: THE FINISH IS BEAUTIFUL...VERY HIGH-QUALITY AND VERY WELL MADE INSTRUMENT...Quality Control, AT THE COMPANY ...be it GIBSON, OR EPI sucks(will explain later)....should do well in a good case on the road...has stayed in tune really well so far... Value: OUTSTANDING...ENOUGH SAID BOUT THAT Manufacturer Support: IF THEY HAD A 15..I WOULD GIVE EM A 20....DID YOU CATCH THAT????? I HAVE DEALT WITH ALOT OF COMPANYS OVER THE YEARS..AND HAVE DEALT WITH THE OTHER INTERNET ONES AS WELL...WHEN IT COMES TO MUSIC***ZZOUNDS*** TAKES HOME THE PRIZE OF ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE...PERIOD, BAR NONE...AND NO I DO NOT WORK FOR THEM...I WILL DO MUCH MORE BUSINESS WITH THEM "SOLELY" BECAUSE OF THE EXPERIENCE I HAD WITH THIS PARTICULAR PURCHASE....AND THEIR PROFESSIONALISM AS TO THE WAY THEY HANDLED A SMALL PROBLEM, THAT DEALT WITH THE INSTRUMENT...I AM NOT GETTING INTO THE DETAILS, SO AS NOT TO DISTRACT FROM YOUR PURCHASING THE PRODUCT.. THEY STOOD BEHIND THE PRODUCT WHEN THE COMPANY, "GIBSON" ,DID NOT SEEM TO WANT TO BE BOTHERED..ENOUGH SAID...I COMMEND "ZZOUNDS" FOR A JOB WELL DONE... The Wow Factor: ITS SEXY....BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL....GOLD IS ALWAYS BEAUTIFUL....JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF THE WAY SHE LOOKS.... Overall: I AM SURE THE PRODUCT WILL SURVIVE ME...BEEN DOIN' THIS, AND PLAYIN' THIS GAME FOR 40 YEARS........

"A Must Have Guitar" submitted November 9, 2008

By a customer from konsei.co.jp
Musical Background: Played for 35 to 40 years
Music Style: Clasic Rock, Country and Gospel
Sound: This guitar sounds great. I have played this one for about a year now. I can aquire any sound I need rangeing from 60's rock through current Blues and Country. Feature: The guitar didn't come with any. Ease of Use: Great action easy to play. Quality: I have played several guitars over the last 35 years and this is one of the best. I have played guitars that retail for several times more than this one. Value: The sound and quality of this guitar speak for themself. I have seen players pay sever thousand dollars to achive the sound and sustain you can aquire from this guitar. The Wow Factor: This guitar looks as good as it plays. Overall: As my friends put it this guitar ROCKS !!!

"...Can you put a price on failure? YES! $600" submitted November 17, 2007

By a customer from mail.usf.edu
Music Style: Classical, Rock, Metal
Sound: Alright, talking just BASE FACTORY SPECS, the pickups on this guitar are absolutely terrible. I tried neck and bridge pickups, and... humbuckers my foot. They sounded muddier than the exceedingly lame Squier Strat, even through a 30 Watt Marshall Amp. Feature: Even though I absolutely LOATHE this guitar, the features were bearable. The tone and volume controls had a measurable effect on the sound of the guitar, despite the lousy quality of same. The pickup selector switch... it's kind of hard to mess that one up. It worked just fine. The tuners, however, were a mess. Five minutes after I tuned it, it fell back out of tune, and I wondered why I even bothered with this guitar. Ease of Use: Goes out of tune faster than you can play your favorite song.... so no matter how amazing the controls, you'll hate your life if you expect to get anywhere with this guitar. Quality: It may carry the Gibson name on the little neck plate, but that such a good guitar can go so horribly amiss under an endorsed knockoff company is astounding. Value: If you want a Les Paul... buy a Les Paul. Don't sucker yourself into buying a lousy knockoff. Unless of course you want to spend $60 or more apiece on new pickups, and at least $50 on a decent set of tuners. Nevermind the setup cost. $800+ dollars? You can buy yourself a beautiful Schechter Hellraiser with EMG 81/85 pickups... for THAT VERY PRICE. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to deal with them... so I arbitrarily assigned this rating a five to indicate INDIFFERENCE, rather than bad quality. I hope for your sake that it is amazing. This guitar is a mess. The Wow Factor: Even though this is indeed a BEAUTIFUL guitar... absolutely stunning in terms of styling.... this is a piece of junk. Unless you already switched out the lousy pickups and fixed the tuners.... you could not PAY me to pick up this guitar, and play it in any context, serious or even just for fun. Overall: The guitar is beautiful, the base factory equipment is lousy. I have said this numerously, and it cannot be stressed enough. It is not worth wasting your time and money trying to fix a knockoff. A Les Paul Studio costs $1200 off this site. If you are a serious guitarrist... save your $600, and put it towards the Les Paul Studio.

"After a pickup change, this beauty howls with the big guns." submitted August 1, 2003

By a customer from lycos.com
Music Style: Rock, punk, funk, mellow... everything
Sound: Good out of the box. Stock pickups were a bit too thin and microphonic so i bought a real Gibson 490T for the bridge. Now it rips like a real Custom Les Paul. I recommend doing this for those who play at higher volumes. The Wow Factor: This Custom in black is the most beautiful Epiphone Les Paul. Period.

"ONE BEASTLY AXE!!!" submitted November 27, 2004

By a customer from AOL.COM
Musical Background: IN A BAND
Music Style: ROCK, ALTERNATIVE, PUNK
Sound: best sound you'll ever hear from somethin this hott! Quality: Best guitar you can buy. Didnt see any marks on this one, unlike some other companiies I've dealt with. came in perfect condition. Value: great value. other places like ebay and other websites value soo high for this guitar. Manufacturer Support: easy as hell to get to. reached them with in 5 or 6 minutes. The Wow Factor: This is one beautiful guitar. Picked it over my girlfriend. I wonder why she hasnt called. Overall: awoooooogaaa

Epiphone Les Paul Custom Customer Review submitted December 4, 2004

Overall
Sound: The sound is mostly good with a clean sound and ou might get catched by the looks

"Sick Machine!" submitted December 19, 2004

Musical Background: Hobbyist for now
Music Style: Rock, Punk.
Sound: It sounds amazing! All the frets work fine, unlike a lot of guitars i've tried before. I use it through a really bad amp and it still sounds good. Feature: I love the way that it has a volume knob and a tone knob for each pickup. You can customize your sound amazingly. The pickguard is good too, I love the way that it is propped up with the metal thing. Quality: One of the knobs is loose and sometimes it doesn't work, but if you jiggle it a little it works again. Value: It is definatly worth what I payed for it. $670 Canadian is a steal!!! Manufacturer Support: I havn't had to deal with that yet. The Wow Factor: It is a sexy beast!!! The black doesn't look as good as the white though. I have the white one so its all good. Overall: I think that this will last a LONG time. I will probably get some sort of gibson or fender in a few years when i can get a job. Most likely a gibson les paul standard.

"Great value." submitted December 22, 2007

Musical Background: Hobbyist/Praise team leader
Music Style: Alternative, Rock, Classic Rock
Sound: For me as a hobby, the guitar sounds great. I'm sure you could upgrade the pickups to make it a 10, but honestly I haven't had much problems other than a little buzzing every once in awhile. The three-way switch gives it very nice sounds, and I especially like the treble setting. I run it through a Behringer VAMP Pro, sounds amazing through a power-amp. Great pinch harmonics. Feature: It came with a small-ish cord and an alan wrench. Ease of Use: Although the guitar is noticably heavier than my beginner guitar, it's bearable. Great sustain from this puppy though. The fret-board is quite smooth, very easy to whip out solos with. Quality: I got mine "blemished" in alpine white, didn't have a scratch on it. The finish is so sexy, nothing has chiped or scratched. The three-way switch seems a bit loose, but nothing to worry about in my opinion. Value: I'm not an expert but I think this guitar could easily sell for closer to 1000$ than the 600$ zzounds wants. Great value for the great guitar. Plus my guitar-expert friend said the guitar has most of the quality of his Gibson Les Pauls, and upgrading the pick-ups would make them equal. Manufacturer Support: E-mailed Zzounds about the guitar before buying the blemished guitar, promptly got an answer. The Wow Factor: Oh my gosh, the alpine white is so amazing. I pulled it out of the case at my youth group when I got it - instantly had a crowd of people foaming at the mouth. Great chick magnet ;P Overall: Definitely buy this guitar if you want a quality product without busting the bank. I'm 16 with a decent job so it was nice to be able to get a great sounding guitar for this price. If given the chance, buy the blemished version of the guitar. You can always send it back if the flaw is too much, but mine came without any scratches and I saved 200$ :P

Epiphone Les Paul Custom Customer Review submitted November 23, 2008

Overall
Sound: wow muddy much> Feature: knobs and swittch terrible Ease of Use: made me wanna snap it in two

When you call, mention priority code 12BP-02NP. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976