When you call, mention priority code 15GQ-RXZ9

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone G-400 Worn

With its aged satin-finished mahogany body, set neck and rosewood fretboard, the Worn G-400 gives you that vintage SG look and feel, minus the vintage price.

"Buy this now!!!!" submitted March 17, 2009

Musical Background: active musical hobbyist
Music Style: jazz; rock
Sound: This guitar sounds great, no matter what I play it through Feature: I liked the fact Epiphone sent a cord with it. I wouldn't change a thing about this guitar! Ease of Use: It sounds good just by itself; the sustain is something to be envious of if you don't have it. The tone controls actually make a difference in the sound, unlike some guitars I've owned. I'd tell any and everyone who plays guitar to burn yours(outside)and follow this one like it's the ribwich! Quality: I loved it. Right as I opened the box, I was struck by the finish quality. The aged brown has the look of a fine piece of old furniture. The enclosed inspection card came with the string height measurements written in. Number 9, and the rest of the Epiphone team really shone on this guitar. Value: great price for a set neck electric! Manufacturer Support: I used the website to register the warranty; then I checked out some cool video lessons they were offering. The Wow Factor: It is a practical guitar; I've wanted a solid body electric for a while, but I wasn't sure which one until I read all the other reviews. Overall: I am extremely satisfied. In these days of planned obsolescence, where it can seem like everything a person buys new breaks within a month, it's good to know there is a company that still cares about making a quality product for a reasonable price. If this guitar gets lost or stolen, the only reason I would need to replace it would be if I broke it beating severely the responsible parties.

"Awsome Guitar" submitted July 30, 2007

By a customer from hotmail.co.uk
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Metal
Sound: pretty much what you'd expect from an SG. Sounds great clean and full and crunchy on overdrive. Excellent for Rock and Metal or anything that needs a crisp, full tone. Feature: The humbuckers sound great and the Grovers work well. Its a shame theres no whammy bar. Ease of Use: The neck is comfortable however you will notice that it is neck heavy. this is realy annoying for a few days but then you get used to it and it's fine. Having the full 22 fret access is makes soloing alot more comfortable. The Grover tuners are excellent, you can trust them to stay in tune. Quality: The SG is finnished to a high standard, there was a paint blemish on mine but thats not really a big deal. all the componants seem to be of a high quality and nothing has broken yet. Its fairly weighty compared to other cheaper guitars which clearly shows the quality of the wood. Value: I would happliy have paid more for this guitar. I cant see it breaking anytime soon so it will probably last for years. If you cant afford a Gibson, i recomend this guitar. Manufacturer Support: Not needed The Wow Factor: When you show it to people, they automaticly say "wow, that must have cost loads!" Overall: amazing guiatr. i recomend it to anyone who has been playing long enough to apppreciate how good it sounds.
37 of 39 people (94.87%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"SG" submitted May 10, 2014

By Gilbert R in Canoga Park, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Novice player/collector.
Music Style: I love it all.
Overall: Hey, I'm just a novice collector/player. But Epiphone is my brand because of the price/quality. Anyway, I gave my other Epi SG to my brother & needed a replacement. Scoured the Zzounds site & came across the brown worn SG. Ordered it & he arrived soon enough. This is definitely a male. Don't ask me how or why. Everything about him is to my satisfaction. It's like playing/practicing on a fine piece of artistic furniture. For the price, you can't go wrong. I was checking out Gibson's up to the $1600 range. Found nothing to my liking. Glad I made this choice.

"STINKIN BEAUTIFUL" submitted January 31, 2006

By lets_make_biscuts2hotmail.com
Musical Background: In a metal band
Music Style: metal... and rock. really a bit of everything.
Sound: This guitar is perfect for any classic rock, and maybe a little metal if you have some high gain pedals and replace the pickups with Invaders or Dimebuckers. It sounds great clean, and is pretty loud without an amp. Feature: No real extra efatures, just a plain old geetar. It doesn't need any gimmiks to be excellent. I bought a hardshell case so i could take it places. Quality: I have had this guitar for three years now and have not had any problems at all. Value: plays just like a gibson you found in your closet: an old friend. worth every penny Manufacturer Support: I have never needed them. Overall: Good for everything. 'Nuff said.

Epiphone G-400 Worn Customer Review submitted August 15, 2011

Overall
Sound: This guitar is a very nice guitar. The sound is amazing! Very warm and sounds just like any nice Les Paul or PRS guitar. You can also get some stratocaster-like sounds out of it, but I personally like the warmth and mid range tone it brings. You can get the highs to sing! Feature: Comes with everything the specs tell you. It is a very nicely built guitar. The neck on mine came a little bowed and the action was high, so I had to lower it. Also, the jack always came loose. I just took it to the guitar shop, and it was fixed. No problems now! Ease of Use: Super easy! Take it to a guitar tech if you want the neck, intonation, or action adjusted...it doesn't come with it that great! It will probably need a basic adjustment. Quality: This is a very good product! I would recommend it to anyone who wants a great guitar! Value: Great value! The pickups are amazing! Manufacturer Support: Haven't dealt with them...

"Classic Beauty, the SG" submitted March 20, 2009

By a customer from ntlworld.com
Musical Background: Middle-aged beginner
Sound: Played a 'proper' SG and then the Epi. Sounded the same to my ears. Rich & lots of lovely sustain. Feature: Lead, Hex-key, poster & user manual Ease of Use: People here have said it's not a beginners guitar. I'm a relative beginner and, er, it is. I bought a so called beginners Strat copy. It was awful!!!! Quality: Flawless finish & Grover tuners. Nuff said. Value: I paid more than our US cousins would pay but still a bargain. Manufacturer Support: Not dealt with them but will give them the beefit of the doubt. The Wow Factor: A beautiful & classic design. The Gibson version makes Angus Young look good while dressed as a school boy! It's Heidi Klum with strings. Overall: For the price, the Epiphone SG is ridiculously good. Buy one. They're way cooler than LPs.

"Great Guitar!!" submitted July 6, 2007

By a customer from embarqmail.com
Musical Background: Amateur
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Classic, Gospel
Sound: The best! Feature: For what it is the features are just right. Ease of Use: Easy for beginners and pros a like. Quality: This Guitar is made very nicely. I have bought much more pricey guitars in my life and are not made as well as this one. Value: Great Price Manufacturer Support: Customer Service is great. The Wow Factor: Chicks Dig It. Overall: I plan to have and play this guitar forever!
20 of 22 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"You would be stupid to not buy it!!" submitted January 28, 2013

By Ryan Noss in New cumberland, PA
Overall
Musical Background: I've played guitar for 17years. I'm a worship leader and i tour with a metal band.
Music Style: Alt rock, Metal, Worship, Blues.
Overall: Ive played guitar forever and ive always played a strat. I really wanted an sg. I tried the Gibson sg special at guitar center What was about $1100. For kicks I tried the epiphone g400 and it really surprised me. It had a lot more body and verity of sound then the gibson and it was only $350. few weeks later i bought Epiphone. It had great tone and was supper light weight When i first got it. The slots in the nut were not cut deep enough. it made my G string out of tune when fretted. $50 fix and now its amazing and i have no complaints. its my main guitar at shows and has yet to let me down after 2 years.

"Great Guitar fo any Style of Music" submitted February 17, 2010

Music Style: Hmmm, anything like Bullet for My Valentine or Coheed and Cambria
Sound: the stock epi pickups are surprisingly versatile. i bought this guitar for metal but i have latley been getting into some alternative/rock and the pickups seem to suit every style of music Feature: standard SG style guitar... Ease of Use: had to lower the action a bit but thats the same with any guitar, neck is "D" shaped and is quite thin Quality: very good quality. most epi's are good quality, you just have to find the right ones Value: this is a great gig-worthy guitar for on $300! don't miss this deal. i personally tried this against a gibson sg special faded and the neck and overall feel of this guitar was much better, plus this has beautiful inlays in the neck while the gibson only has dots. in the end, the only thing that was better on the gibson were the pickups, but that's to be expected. buy this and save about $400 Manufacturer Support: haven't needed them... The Wow Factor: the only thing is i wish that it had the full SG pickguard, but thats just personal preference, besides that it's a gorgeous guitar Overall: so long as you find the right ones Epiphone makes some great quality guitars, but i recommend playing them at a local guitar store before buying

"Awesome Axe!!!" submitted August 13, 2007

Overall
Sound: This guitar sounds great!!! Through many amps its sound is awesome, but the best i've heard is through my line 6 spider. With this guitar you get great sustain, volume, distortion, and clean sound. Only sound problem i've had was when i'd bend my B or high E string above the tenth fret...This was easily fixed by slightly raising the bridge. Feature: Features aren't a big thing to me when it comes to guitars. I do like the pearl inlays and look of all the accesories on it. Ease of Use: This SG is easier to play than any other guitar i've played in my life. With the deep cutaways it's soooo easy to play those high noted solos. Quality: ITS AN EPIPHONE!!! I've had no problems as far as quality goes. Value: Well worth the price. This is a great axe for beginers and experts alike. Manufacturer Support: No PROBLEMS!!! Except the bridge needing to be raised due to the squeak my B and E string made if they were bended. The Wow Factor: oh man!!! I cant tell you how many girls have said i looked sexy with this guitar! Ive had bands play it and every one says "I Want IT". Overall: Awesome axe...not much more i can say. I Think its the best sounding guitar i've heard...in person anyway. THIS IS THE SHIZNIT!!!!!
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Much Better Than A Overpriced Gibson !" submitted August 19, 2010

By a customer from Cox.net
Music Style: Classic Rock
Sound: I'm a huge AC/DC fan and IMO, this guitar blows away the overpriced Gibson SG faded series, and isn't as expensive. This is one tone monster and can handle Blues to Metal. Feature: I love the yellowing on the block inlays and the Epiphone logo on the Headstock. The Grover tuners do a great job of keeping this sucker in tune anf the lock tite tail piece helps to keep the tune o matic bridge stable, thus allowing for greater tuning stability as well. The stock Alnico classic humbuckers put out some great growling tone. Ease of Use: It's neck heavy, but all SGs are. The neck on this is very fast once you get used to it. I love it! Quality: Epiphone has upped their game and IMO, the quality of some of their guitars, surpasses some of Gibson's overpriced product, which of late has been suffering from shoddy workmanship. Value: This is Epiphone's best kept secret and as soon as I can, I'm getting the other one in the Brown finish. Manufacturer Support: Never had any problems with them. The Wow Factor: It cries retro! What more do you want? Overall: I love this guitar, nuff said!!!!!!

"Buy this guitar today if you can find one. It plays better than guitars costing much, much, more!" submitted July 1, 2008

By a customer from eastern.edu
Musical Background: LONG TIME Hobbyist
Music Style: 60's rock, country
Sound: This guitar is the best kept secret in the industry. Period. The top-end store that sold it to me didn't want to admit how straight and flawless the neck was, the intonation was perfect, the strings perfect, the playability as good as any guitar I've ever played, and I've been playing since the early 60's. I just got rid of two Rickenbackers, because they played so BAD! Set up to death. This low-end Epiphone puts both of them to shame. Feature: No accessories. Just new strings. Ease of Use: See above. Perfect. Quality: Perfect. Value: YES and more. Manufacturer Support: NO problems. The Wow Factor: SEXY in WHITE! Overall: I'll never get rid of it. It's a keeper.

"4 Star SG Heaven" submitted November 12, 2013

By John Jay P in Scarborough, ME
Musical Background: 35 plus years
Music Style: All major styles. Blues classic rock fusion jazz country funk punk.
Overall: I would like to tell anyone who cares that this Epiphone SG-400 (Natural Mahogany Color) is in no uncertain terms THE BOMB!!! I have never had such value for such a cost and this guitar is incredible. I played a new Gibson with coil tap and as impressed as I was with that beautiful guitar this one blows that one away. I lemon oiled up the body and neck and this guitar is beautiful. The pick ups are exceptional and the playability is amazing. Anyone who gets one of these guitars should consider themselves fortunate. I am not wild about other Epi SG's I have tried but this one Rocks!!!!

"Great Guitar" submitted February 12, 2005

Overall
Sound: the sound is your typical gibson sg tone Feature: the 57 humbuckers are a nice addition Quality: vintage g-400 compares easily to the gibson sg special faded Value: great guitar for the $$$ Manufacturer Support: haven't had any problems The Wow Factor: very sleek, gives it a very sexy look Overall: i am very satisfied with the product and will play it forever

"Sexiest thing i've ever seen" submitted August 10, 2004

Overall
Sound: I got this guitar about about 6:00 p.m. and I am just now done playing it at 11:00 P.M. I just can't put this thing down its too beautiful. I am very impressed with the sound in all aspects of it. I believe between this guitar and the right amp you can get almost any style of music to pour out of it. Feature: This guitar came with an amp cord which was much to my suprise. I found this very useful in more of an ironic way myself. I just traded my old acoustic for a wah pedal and came home to find out my one of two amp cords was broken. The next day when it arrived I was able to hook up my wah pedal cause they provided an amp cord :) Cause the Input jack is flat on the front of the guitar the L-shaped jack on the cord they provided was too helpful. Quality: I've never bought a guitar that came so well made. I was scared that in the mail on a two day express trip it would have damage of some kind to it. I pulled it out of the box to find it in outstanding condition. No loose parts of any kind, and it looked excellent. A very dependable guitar..anyone who pulls it out of the box will know it before they play it. Value: WELL WORTH THE MONEY Manufacturer Support: I havent had to consider contacting the company because I havent had one remote problem with it. The Wow Factor: sex appeal....Could very well be the sexiest thing i've ever seen. It sounds as good as it looks. Overall: I will never replace this guitar...

"2 Years and no problems" submitted September 23, 2014

By scott eyer in indio, CA
Musical Background: been playing 2 years Guitars only -- wiyh friends
Music Style: All kinds
Overall: I bought this from zZounds, almost 2 years ago -- I don't think I will ever sell it no fancy paint that might chip off, Play it almost everyday. Thinking about putting a Stetsbar Stoptail Tremolo System just need the $200.00 Also if you have a bad back (like me) this is only 7 pounds, of which maybe 5 pounds might be in the Grover Tuners, so it is a bit top heavy but you get used to it

"The perfect guitar" submitted October 7, 2007

Musical Background: In a band, active Musician
Music Style: Rock, Alternative, Punk
Sound: sounds amazing to me, the pickpus are good. It sounds as good as my ES 333, so you cant really say it sounds bad. Feature: I like the worn finishes a ton, and i love the vintage style inlay. durable hardware Ease of Use: Its a guitar, and as far as the controls(two volume, two tone) they made it to where you can get any sound out of the guitar, but kept it simple enough to where anyone can figure it out(unlike the fender jaguar HH Quality: Very well made. very solid guitar. Value: you couldn't ask for more to be honest. Manufacturer Support: You get a great Warranty like all instruments from epiphone The Wow Factor: very sexy guitar. It can make anyone look cool on stage. Overall: best guitar i own

"G400 - hot guitar at a hot price" submitted April 13, 2006

Musical Background: "fun" player
Music Style: Metal and Hard Rock
Sound: Sharp and crisp. Everything that you would expect from an SG. Feature: Standard SG set-up. No suprises here. Ease of Use: Once again, excellent. Personally, I would prefer a little more bow to the bridge, but that is just personal. The neck feels very natural and is fast. Quality: Top notch. I had to tighten the jack retaining nut about 1 1/2 threads, but that wasn't too bad. The set-up of the guitar was perfect. Intonation was spot on right out of the box. The finish was of a quality of a guitar 3 to 4 times the cost of this item. Value: This is a "must buy" item. The Wow Factor: Top notch. The red is a classic, but my black one looks great with the silver highlights. Awsome. Overall: Like I stated above, this is a MUST BUY.

"Good, Solid Buy" submitted April 21, 2009

Overall
Sound: The overall sound coming from this thing is good. I run it to my Cube 15x Practice Amp and get good sound. I Gig sometimes with this thing and works great. The humbuckers on this thing are like Low-Grade Gibsons. My Guitar teacher siad that if you were to upgrade to Gibson humbuckers, you wouldn't really tell a difference. Feature: Great! Treble and Rhythm switch between pickups. I like Rhythm the best because it gives a very clean sound with the Tone knob around 8. Treble gives off a pretty bluesy sound, which doesnt do much for me. Nice Neck if you get the Solid Worn Brown. It doesnt have Lacquer on it so you dont get sweaty when you run up the neck. Nice SG style fretboard. Ease of Use: I gave this a 9 because before you buy this product, you must understand that the neck weighs more than the body, which is something you have to adjust to when playing live. Also, the tuners are kinda low-grade, but that doesnt bother me. I stays in tune relatively good. Value: Cheap, All-around Good Guitar. You get what you pay for. Manufacturer Support: Don't need any. The Wow Factor: Nice Natural Finish Overall: Couldn't ask for anything better. Loved my purchase.

"the best guitar for $300" submitted July 1, 2006

Music Style: rock,metal,head banging things
Sound: this guitar is amazing...i also own a silvertone ss11 electric guitar which i payed 170 bucks for, and its an ok guitar but this epiphone vintage sg just blows the other one away! this guitar is perfect for novice players...the action and humbucker quality is unbelieveable! Feature: the features are great...the guitar i had previously had a wammy bar...and every 1 told me to get a new guitar with 1, but ive never used it...fast action knobs...great...and u cant forget the humbuckers! Ease of Use: u could be a 6 year old and play like a mad man with this thing!!! Quality: epiphone and gibson...they are nearly the same...i could of saved up longer and boguht a gibson sg...but i think still althogh i only payed $300 for the epiphone version...they would be exactly the same...all that would be different is the name...it all depends on the player Value: what do you think? $300 epiphone...you cant beat it The Wow Factor: when i take this to school, all the chicks croud me Overall: as long as i own it

"If your considering buying a Gibson SG, read this review first!!" submitted August 24, 2004

Music Style: Alternative and Metal
Sound: The pickups on this guitar are pretty good, in fact, its got Gibson pickups made in Korea, so its not offical Gibson products, but whos crying over that. The neck pickup is not to my liking. Feature: Meh, its just a SG, so you know the components. Quality: I've had this guitar for a year a few months now, and I havent had one problem with it. I've modified a few things, like changing the amber coloured pickup selector cap to a off-white cap and the Grover tuners to Gibson tuners to give it more of a vintage look and all. I've banged this guitar up, I mean way up, but its still in good working order and everything. Value: In short, its the best, next and closest thing to a real Gibson SG, so in terms of value, its damn good. Manufacturer Support: I have no clue how Gibson/Epiphone deals with questions, and I'm not gonna find out, and have no intention of dealing with their support, the bloody thing never has any problems. The Wow Factor: Um, emo kids like SG's so if your an emo kid, get one instead of wasting your parents hard earned cash on a Gibson SG that you'll just end up getting rid off because you'll say that playing guitar is to hard or something. The thing that got me to buy this guitar was that I wanted to play around on a well made SG and the price didnt hurt either. Overall: Yeah, over all, its a good deal, the guitar never breaks or anything, so all your thrasher guitarists that want a SG, this is the one to get. Think about this, Chino, the singer/guitarist for the band Deftones, played a G-400 for the whole Ozzfest tour in '99, if a professional artist played one for a whole tour, this is a well kept secret of a guitar, if you know what I mean.

"Best guitar of its type" submitted February 1, 2008

Overall
Sound: its got good sound Feature: it came with a nice poster of epiphone guitars and of course with the cable to hook it to an amp, thats it for accesories Ease of Use: its easy and simple to get the sounds you want, anyone would be able to figure it out Quality: very nice guitar, durable material, made to last a long time, nice finishes, doesnt look like its ever gonna break, (dont test it though) Value: Its worth the typical price for this type of item Manufacturer Support: I didnt need support so i dont know The Wow Factor: Its a very nice guitar, girls love it too Overall: Ill keep using this guitar for a couple of years until i save up enough money to get a better one

"Great selection for anyone" submitted April 22, 2008

By a customer from dannyridner.com
Musical Background: Hobbist
Music Style: Country, Alternative
Sound: Has great sound Feature: The only accessories I got with the guitar was a cable. I ordered a amp and accessory package with it and it was back ordered for too long so zzounds put a package together for that was better than the one I ordered. Ease of Use: With a Crate amp it has great sounds for any type of music you play. I got no manuals with the guitar. It is very easy to play. Quality: This guitar Is a top quality piece of work. Came out of the box, set up and ready do play after I tuned it. Value: All the equipment I got from ZZounds (except for the head phones, they are cheap. Very hard to keep them in stero position) are well worth the money I paid for it. I checked a lot of places for prices. Manufacturer Support: ZZounds are top notch people The Wow Factor: Best looking solid body guitar out there Overall: I got the SG400 with a Crate amp. I expect to keep both as long as they last. The guitar is neck heavy and is my only fault to it.

"vintage g 400 lives way beyond epiphone" submitted July 29, 2005

Overall
Music Style: "classic rock"
Sound: this guitar sounds great especially through a fender blonde blues jr. i have a cheap ibanez and i never noticed how bad it sounded until i played this the tone is just really rich and full Feature: grover tuners a 57 classic hb, set neck, all mahogany, neck binding, and trapezoid inlays.....all these things make the looks and sound of this guitar kick ass Quality: everything put together great neck is really smooth and not "sticky feeling" like some guitars Value: easily compares with gibsons at more than half the cost Manufacturer Support: i dont know how they r but im guessing if they can make a guitar this awsome theyre pretty good The Wow Factor: this thing looks great with the binding, finish, inlays, hell everything about is amazing Overall: i will keep this forever i would actually rather have this than a gibson sg special because 1. its cheaper, 2.looks better, 3. not scared to play it,and 4. has things like trapezoid inlays, neck binding, and grovers

"Best of its Class" submitted May 25, 2008

Music Style: Alternative
Sound: This guitar has great sound and I got it with a VOX amp and a crybaby and it sounded great, best of it's class. Feature: The Guitar came with a poster of epiphone and the worn finish makes it so you don't need to polish it as much and I think that it is a great guitar. Ease of Use: The guitar has great sound and it's easy to make it your own just get an amp and you're good to go! it also has a good sound without the amp. Quality: This guitar is made very well and the finish is perfect and its good. it will last you along time. Value: The sale price is great on zzounds and i've recommended it to many people. Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: It's a great guitar and the worn cherry is what i chose and this guitar will probably last me a long time. Overall: I like the trapezoid inlays and the worn cherry finish the only flaw is that it dosn't come tuned.

"Pretty Good" submitted August 28, 2008

Musical Background: Guitarist Extraordinaire
Music Style: Everything
Sound: Well, it has two humbuckers, it's an Epiphone, so the sound is going to be pretty much like a dual humbucker Epiphone. Of course, the body shape and materials let you get real nice hard rock sounds, but you can also turn it down and get some mellow clean tones. Feature: There are few guitars that surpass the SG, with four control knobs, and a 3-way selector switch. As with every Epiphone that I have ever recieved, it comes with an amp cable. Ease of Use: Guitars aren't that hard to use. This one could have been slightly more playable, because the neck is in a way so that some people might find it a little bit wide, but it's certainly playable and really easy to get good sounds from this guitar. Quality: This guitar is made very well. All Epiphones are made very well, so this guitar is no exception. I think it will last ten years if you take care of it. For a serious player, the frets would wear down after more like five years, though. The worst thing that has ever happened to this guitar would be the amp jack coming a little loose, but you can just twist that tighter with your fingers, so there really have not been any problems. I think it would be good for use on the road. Value: If you like an SG, then this is a great value. It has everything that an SG should have, and it has a reasonable price tag. Manufacturer Support: I have never needed to use it, and I don't think I ever will, because these guitars are made so well. I have heard, though, that they are really good so I'm giving them a ten. The Wow Factor: Personally, I think it's not the best looking guitar out there. The finish on the one that I use is a deep worn red that allows the wood grain to show through, and that is a plus. It looks better than a lot of guitars, but not better than some. It looks decent, but the finish is amazing. Overall: I think that I will be satisfied with this guitar for years to come. It has a good finish, which will only continue looking good even if it looks worn, although it comes worn anyway. I don't perticularly need this guitar over the other guitars that I have, but it's a nice gem in the collection.

"Friken awesome guitar!!" submitted September 14, 2006

Overall
Sound: This guitar rocks out loud! Its a great all over guitar for begginers and pros.The sound is insanely sweet and u can here it from a while away. Feature: Mine was the worn cherry color and the accessories are great but i lost some of them cause ive had this guitar for a long time. Ease of Use: Hek yeah! Its great for the noobs and the pros. Quality: Yeah it is, mine held up through the years better than by bros and his is a fender. Value: This guitar mas a great value for this sweet guitar. Manufacturer Support: Yes verry freindly and gave me a ton of info. The Wow Factor: This guitar is so hot! Overall: The best guitar u could ever get =).

"Veteran player Loves Faded G400" submitted August 9, 2010

By a customer from bellsouth.net
Musical Background: Active muscian
Music Style: Progressive Rock,Avante Guard,Alternative
Sound: I have owned several Gibson SGs. Zounds gave me a great price and the G400 is a very fine piece that defies it's price. Thanks Zzounds, thanks Epi! Feature: Hardware andpickups are great. It's equipped as I like it! Ease of Use: Immediate great sound! Even the stok strings were good! Quality: No blemishes. I feel that it's a keeper! Value: Great value!! Manufacturer Support: Just bought it. No need for service yet! The Wow Factor: I thought I was done with solid bodies. But this one made me a true believer! Overall: I plan keeping this long term.I'll probablt buy a Epi Casino next!! I'm a real cheap skate. You rarly get this good a value. I've had a $3000.00 solid body that was not made as well!

Epiphone G-400 Worn Customer Review submitted July 17, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Active Musician, 35 years.
Music Style: Old Rock
Sound: Im an old rocker, old school, and a Black Sabbath fan. When I was watching a dvd of Black Sabbath, I took very close attention to the guitars and I was taken back to when the music was new. This very guitar design and sound fit into my style perfectly. My order will be placed in a few days on this one. I found a used one at a friends house and I loved the way it felt in my hands, and I loved the way it played and sounded. It opened up a door to my soul when I found this web page and saw it........ My order is coming in a few days. - Running Wind

Epiphone G-400 Worn Customer Review submitted September 22, 2007

Overall
Sound: The sound is equal to my LPs in the same setup. Sounds good for pretty much anything. Feature: 2 volumes, 2 tones, selector, what more is there? Ease of Use: I rated this a seven because the neck is kind of thick, but Im' picky about necks. Quality: Very high quality. I've had this for months, and it's good. I haven't used it playing a gig yet. Value: Great value. Feels like a Gibson. Manufacturer Support: I hear they're great.

"still my favorite guitar" submitted July 28, 2008

Overall
Music Style: rock, metal.
Sound: it sounds amazing!!!if you want to sound like angus young fo ac/dc this is you guitar. also it has good clean tones and even real good blues tones. Feature: came with just a poster that i have on my wall. the brown finish is really great. better than glossy finsih of course cause you dont get all the scratches and fingerprints. Ease of Use: its so easy just to get a great sound. you can pretty much get any sound that you want. its a very flexible guitar for any kind of music. it is very playable but right out of the box just tune up and lower the action and you ready to go. Quality: this guitar is made really good. ive dropper the thing dzens of times and it doesnt hurt it. the only problem ive had is all 4 of the knobs got real loose but its no big deal. its definately a well built guitar. Value: yes its definately worth it. Manufacturer Support: no problems The Wow Factor: its a really good looking guitar nothing more nothing less. Overall: i will be satisfied forever with this guitar. but i will soon upgrade to gibson sg's but will soon replace it with 2 gibson sg standards. it has helped me to learn guitar really nicely. i love it and cherish it so much im hopefully gonna buy a display case for it cause i love it so.

"best evr" submitted August 14, 2004

Music Style: rock and alternitive
Sound: its great in all ways Feature: best 4 tone and volume Quality: very sturdy Value: perfect price Manufacturer Support: i dunno The Wow Factor: WORN CHERRY RULZ Overall: MY 2ND LOVE

Epiphone G-400 Worn Customer Review submitted January 11, 2009

Overall
Sound: My friend has the gibson Version and when you plug in the Gibson then plug in the Epi I actually found that the Epi had more balls to it. A little dirtier but just as full. Feature: It's an SG. Ease of Use: control placement in just the right place Quality: Gotta change the tuners. Even the gibson has crap tuners. Manufacturer Support: Never delt with them The Wow Factor: I love the G-400 I have 3.

"Best valued guitar ever!" submitted December 21, 2004

Musical Background: Band Member
Sound: The overall sound is good. The two humbuckers pack the punch that we are all looking for in a guitar. There is noting I would change about the guitar except for...well nothing! Feature: I think whoever made this guitar was thinking, cuz there is absolutely nothing wrong with it at all, the features were great. Quality: Once again, there is nothing wrong with it. Value: Yes it is a good price. You get the humbuckers and the set neck, so that's all I care about. Manufacturer Support: I didn't try to reach them, but I'm sure their great. The Wow Factor: I want it cuz of the looks, but the electronics are good on it. Overall: I could play this thing until the day I die.

Epiphone G-400 Worn Customer Review submitted July 10, 2006

By a customer from centrum.cz
Overall
Musical Background: Amateur guitar player,I think :-)
Music Style: Hard Rock
Sound: Sound of this guitar is beautiful.Guitar has long sustain and vrey good sound quality Feature: Design is very nice and quality used components like humbuchers or very pretty wood-mahagon.But my mark is 9,because the head of this guitar is too heavy and when you play guitar is falling down,because of this head Ease of Use: Sound is described in first question Quality: Quality of this guitar is very high. Overall: Very good guitar,but once it fall down from my hand and it broke

"Excellent guitar. Outstanding with a few upgrades." submitted April 22, 2011

Music Style: Progressive Rock/Metal
Sound: This is a great guitar. I have played epi sgs' before. I didn't purchased this blindly. They are a very solid guitar for the money. The tone is exceptional. Set neck,which is a bit thicker than I usually play. But this lends itself to producing more tone actually. This is a great guitar for what it is. Excellent for a beginner and intermediate player. I purchased this guitar with intentions of upgrading pickups. But I have to say, these pickups are very good. I still plan on upgrading w Dimarzios'. The tuners are grovers, but they don't seem to be the "high end/better ratio" tuners. I will probably upgrade those as well in time. Feature: I purchased this guitar with intentions of upgrading pickups. But I have to say, these pickups are very good. I still plan on upgrading w Dimarzios'. The tuners are grovers, but they don't seem to be the "high end/better ratio" tuners. I will probably upgrade those as well in time. The bridge is fine and functional. I plan on upgrading the pots as well. These are my personal preferences. Even with that being said. This guitar, with a few upgrades, will be more than a sufficient guitar for the money. I got the "worn cherry" finish. It is the nicest. IMO. The neck access is awesome. I love the feel,tone and weight of this guitar. The frets seem to be medium. I normally play w Jumbo frets. But these is good for shredding.

"Reasonable value" submitted January 26, 2011

Musical Background: Recording Engineer, Church musician
Music Style: Rock, Country,
Sound: I bought the guitar with a blemish which was acceptable for the discounted price. However, I don't know how to make basic repairs on a guitar to improve the sound. One of the strings has a rattling sound when it is strummed. It is not too noticeable when I use an amplifier, but it is annoying when I practice at home without the amp. My guess is that it just needs a minor adjustment at the bridge or other location. I think it should have been mentioned if it was a used guitar. Feature: I got no additional accessories. I did buy a hard shell case specially made for it. One feature I like is the choice of using one of two different pickups. Ease of Use: It feels easier to handle than my old Squier Strat. Quality: The finish is excellent and the appearance is great. I would be proud to play it in public. Value: It seems to be a reasonable price for the guitar. Manufacturer Support: I have never dealt with the manufacturer. The Wow Factor: I had wanted to have one for several years but needed to research more on price and quality. Overall: I believe I will continue using it for a few years before I get another one.

"Epiphone sg 400 faded brown" submitted March 2, 2012

By Edward J in Macomb, IL
Musical Background: Played classic rock for several years
Music Style: Hard rock, classic rock, some metal such as Iron maiden and Metallica, Aerosmith, Led Zep
Overall: Bought guitar new, tuned it up,defect 1, has terrible fret buzz on low (bass) E. at 18th fret and up. fret 20 is visibly higher than others. defect 2, nut is cut WAY too deep for b string. do not need a tool to see the problem, regardless of bridge height, B string rests on first fret. defect 3, the worst, tailstop lug is being pulled out of the body, in an angle, simply from tention of standard tuning. Dont know how this fishing weight made it out of CHINA (?) and worse it passed Q.A. HERE! 2 calls to Epiphone said PERSON (1?) i needed unavailable. left messages and by friday night, no response. called zzounds for return tag. Im not replacing with same. Best bang for buck to me is Schecter and for less $ have had good experience with Dean. If you have this,good luck. the stop studs can pull out anytime. I know it has a warranty but tired of packing and shipping guitars that i NEED to use. And on top of it all, they keep referring to the "Gibson" heritage. So what? I should get this for no charge considering it replaced a defect already. Les Paul would cry if he saw this scrapwood. did not rate sound cuz i didnt plug it in.

"This guitar has a sort ofg vintage distortion. Great guitar. Definetly not for beggining guitarists" submitted March 21, 2006

Overall
Sound: Its great. It has sort of a vintage distortion and that's what gives it it's pizaz. Feature: I wish it had a whammy bar Ease of Use: It's pretty easy I 've played easier. Definetly not for begginers. Quality: This product is made great Value: Defintitly Manufacturer Support: Nop its great Overall: I am a very satisfied costumer!!!!!!

"Don't think twice" submitted October 10, 2004

Musical Background: E. Guitar player
Music Style: metal
Sound: The latest and greatest Feature: It's got great features, but no wammy! Quality: The top of the line! Value: great price Manufacturer Support: I don't know??? The Wow Factor: It looks sweet, it playes sweet, Da it's great!!!!!! Overall: It's great

"Epiphone G-400" submitted September 4, 2007

Overall
Sound: This guitar has nice tone but I think the highs are too sharp but I have a feeling this is due to crappy stock pickups. I think if it had some nice gibson pickups it would be a load better, but for stock pickups on and epiphone it's not too bad. The sustain on the one I've played isn't what you'd expect it to be on an SG, but I think that may be because it's maple laminate not solid maple, which considerably reduces density and weight which are very key to sustain and tone quality. Feature: I'm a strat guy, so I find that the lack of three pickups is a little limiting but then again I don't own it so I can't really make a complete judgement on that. It's nice having a tone and volume pot for each pickup. The lack of tremolo arm is also slightly limiting. Ease of Use: It's a guitar... ...but I supose that it's pretty easy to use compared some guitars. Quality: The jack on my friend's broke off and fell into the body after about 2 months. The action is also a little weird, but I think that has to do with imporper set-up. Value: It's pretty decent, but to make it really great you need to put new gibson or seymour duncan humbuckers in it. By the time you get it up to Gibson quality you mind as well have just bought a gibson. But it's a pretty good beginner guitar and decent for certain styles. Manufacturer Support: My friend was able to get epiphone to fix it for free but it took a while and it messed with a performance of ours. So it's got it's good and bad parts when it comes to support. The Wow Factor: The red finish is pretty boring, the sg is so heavy looking in my opinion Overall: This guitar just doesn't suit my personal style or my musical interests, it lacks high quality pickups but it seems that if it was adjusted and equipped with better pickups it would be a great guitar for beginners or intermiediete players who were going to play heavier styles of music.

"Best axe for your buck in this economy" submitted September 20, 2009

Music Style: Punk/Hardcore
Sound: the sound of this sg is muddy at best, but drop in a duncan jb in the bridge and you got a $1500 sg Feature: basic guitar..... Ease of Use: depends on you Quality: suprisingly well made. I bought this a few months ago as a back-up and couldn't be happier. very well made the pick-ups are less than bad though Value: best deal for anyone beginer to pro who needs a quality instument on a budget. You could spring the $300 on this and still get an amp for less than some guitars that are not made as well Manufacturer Support: have no clue The Wow Factor: It's an sg, need I say more Overall: great value with quality still a big deal

"Great Guitar, Great Price" submitted December 26, 2009

Musical Background: Semi-Pro
Music Style: Punk/Hardcore
Sound: deffinatly a vintage sounding guitar.The P/U might not be what everyone wants but at $300your not getting Seymors, but for $72 you can which still puts this guitar under $400!!! or you can actualy adjust the poles and get alot of the muddyness out. This is the first Epi I have ever purchased, and probably not the last. Feature: all the volume and tone pots work well. I like that it is a set neck guitar. Very light-weight, and surprisingly comfortable. The neck is very heavy and will drop like a rock if you let go. Ease of Use: this is a subjective subject. so a 5 is in order, It is all in your skill leval Quality: For $300 this is a very well crafted guitar solid mohogany neck and body. Inlays are perfect, Grover 14:1 tuners. And I actualy like the worn brown, looks like a vintage SG. My only problem is that the fret wire is very soft and I can tell that in a few years (2) it will have to be re-fretted. factory set up is not that great, but a trip to a guitar tec will fix that Value: I bought this because i needed a good back up guitar, and didn't want to spend a fortune. And for the price it can not be beat Manufacturer Support: don't know The Wow Factor: Always wanted a sg but never realy cared for the gibsons neck, or price. Overall: I bought this for a backup for my 2002 PRS CE22, It isn't in the same ball park, but who of you have $2000+ to spend on a guitar? I doubt I will get rid of this, but it realy is a great guitar for the price.

"GrEaT gUiTaR" submitted October 12, 2004

Musical Background: electric guitar
Music Style: metal
Sound: I've heard it sounds great from other buyers. It's got the vintage sound you love. If you want a Gibson SG look int this first. Feature: I'v heard it comes with a good cord. I think that's a pretty good deal. Quality: It is made great from what I've heard it doen't break at all for the most part. It is made with great quality. Value: I've heard it's got great value. I heard about a guy who had it for a couple of years, and there wasn't a damd thing wrong with the guitar. Manufacturer Support: I don't know, I've never delt with Epiphone. The Wow Factor: It is great guitar from what I've seen and heard. It's got a great price. It sounds great it looks great . And it's got one of the best relability rating out there. I think it would be a great idea to get one. I personaly just bought one. It's bieng shipped right now. Overall: As I siad I just got one and it is being shipped right now. I've heard it's great. I've heard it sounds great. I've heard it looks great. Actualy, Iknow it looks great. It is very reliible from what I have heard. It has exelent value if everything is true. Over all I'd give it a ten. Everything I've heard is good. So I took the hint and bought one. Good luck shopping, I think this would ba a good guitar for someone has been playing electric guitar for more than 2 years. [iT IS NOT A BEGINERS GUITAR]. That being said, thanks for reading my review.

When you call, mention priority code 15GQ-RXZ9. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976