When you call, mention priority code 20W-RTWC

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone Sheraton-II PRO

Upgraded with ProBucker humbucking pickups, coil-tapping and Graphtech nut, the Sheraton-II PRO is the modernized version of this classic semi-hollow guitar.

"Sheraton II Pro" submitted May 23, 2016

By Bosco DaGarmo in Crestline, OH
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing for 40 yrs. Been in a few bar bands. Currently in one now.
Music Style: Classic rock, blues, a little country
Overall: Excellent guitar for half the price of a Gibson. Very beautiful axe! I bought the ebony. So versatile! Coil tapping is a nice touch. I play through a Fender Mustang and the tones and sounds are unlimited. From squeaky clean to as raunchy as you want to make it! I did have two minor problems.....The trident "e" is glued on the pickguard. ( I have a 70s EA 250 Epi and it is painted on, or something. At least it's not sticking up) Not only was it raised to where my pinky was always rubbing on it, but after a few times playing it fell off. I didn't care, I didn't like it anyway! Number 2: the lower screw and nut on the pickguard came loose and fell off. I almost snapped the pickguard off one time when I was getting the guitar out of the case. Don't get me wrong, I love this guitar. I haven't been able to put it down. As soon as I get off work, I plug in. (Manufacturer support is low rating because it is not applicable)

"Epiphone Sheraton-II PRO " submitted October 20, 2015

By Jason W in Tucson, AZ
Musical Background: 10 years, non-professional
Music Style: Blues, jazz, rock.
Overall: This is basically a Sheraton-II with improved electronics and a better nut (NuBone XL). Don't let the Epiphone name on the headstock turn you away from this quality axe. Wonderful guitar for blues and jazz but can handle almost anything else you throw at it. Nice woody tone with that classic hollow body sound. Stays in tune well which I think was a problem with the standard Sheraton-II and its cheaper nut. My only complaint is the pickup switch is kind of cheap and plasticy. Could be easily replaced I suppose. Overall, it was good enough for JL Hooker its good enough for me.
16 of 17 people (94.12%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great sounding guitar" submitted October 24, 2015

By Ian V in Berkeley, CA
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing a very long, formerly on the road and studio, now just home and jamming.
Music Style: Rock, blues, punk, rockabilly, punkabilly, thrashing blues, psychedelic randomness.
Overall: This guitar sounds great is a lot of fun to play. The picks ups on this guitar are first rate and very versatile. The sounds are rich and full with all the deep tones you'd expect from a semi hollow body but also with a lot top end bite and clarity. Add in the ability of coil splitting on the pick ups and you get a wide range of great tones. The neck is fast, easy and very comfortable. All in all this guitar is a lot of fun to play and with killer looks too. From clean and smooth to mild crunch to as much overdrive as you throw at it, this guitar sings. With the center mahogany block you'll get sustain for days. I love this guitar. Just be prepared to take it your local guitar doctor for some fine tuning and possibly to correct a fret or two for maximum playability. Epiphone says they inspect every guitar before they send out but there is no way any one played this guitar before shipping. Still for the price it will out preform most guitars in and above this price range.
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Gerald B. Praise of His New Sheraton ll Pro" submitted December 9, 2015

By Gerald S. Brady in Columbia, SC
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing for 50 years. I am an independent lable. I own and operate my own studio.
Music Style: R&B, Hip-Hop, Pop, Rock
Overall: I still own a 1972 Gibson ES335, 1976 American Stratocaster, 2003 totally customized Martin ST2 Strat copy, 2011 Epiphone Les Paul Custom. Because of the true neck, resonant hollow body, ProBuckers, coil tapping & electronics, this is flat out the best guitar I have ever owned. The closest thing to this is probably a Gibson ES355 which costs 5 times as much basically because the headstock says "Gibson". I adore this instrument.

"Holy crap." submitted April 1, 2016

By Sahit F in San Luis, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: gigging musician. more than 10 years experience playing guitar.
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Indie Rock, Electronic/Alternative e.g. Phantogram-ish
Overall: just gotta say I bought it without a doubt that'd it'd be a good guitar. It arrived and well... two months later I'm still wowed at how freaking amazing this guitar is! Seriously, the aesthetics are top notch but the sound is what really makes it all worth it. It's like having a Gibson that sounds like a Fender (coil tapped on) or a classic ES sound. I'm at a loss for words but I'll say this much bruh: I've played Gibsons, Own Fender Tele Thinline which I love, played gretsch hollow body(which is also greeat) but this beauty, really does outshine and outplay them all. I play bluesy rock, Indie, some electronic/alternative.

"Disappointed had to have frets redone" submitted October 11, 2016

By R J in Groton, CT
Overall
Overall: I've always wanted a Sheraton so I went ahead and bit the bullet and ordered the Wine Red color. Love the color, love the look, unfortunately upon arrival the action was crazy high, I took her to a Luthier to have a setup done, frets 2,8,13,14,and 16 were lifting and uneven. I had to have all frets releveled and recrowned. $150 later I have a Sheraton that plays beautifully. I would have returned to zZounds but I was past the 45 day return period. I've had it about 8 months and finally got around to having the fret work done. I wanted to love this guitar out of the box, at this point I am going to keep it because of the $ invested. But at least I have a guitar that I know will last and has been done right....not by Epiphone unfortunately. I've owned Epi's in the past and they have been my go to axe on stage. I usually do not write reviews but it has just weighed on me the quality upon arrival. Be careful, it's hit or miss with these guitars. Other than the frets having to be completely redone, the guitar itself is gorgeous.

When you call, mention priority code 20W-RTWC. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976