When you call, mention priority code 15ZB-X2Q5

Rating and Reviews: Emperor Swingster Guitar

Made famous by jazz guitarist Joe Pass, this hollowbody packs a pair of SwingBucker pickups perfect for swing, rockabilly, country and everything in between.

Overall

"Sexier than a witchy woman, smoother than blue velvet, sounds better than Maxwell's silverhammer!" submitted May 1, 2011

Music Style: Rock and Roll
Sound: Extremely versital instrument, and an exceptional value. You can pay a lot more and get a lot less. Pretty too! Feature: Nicely set up out of the box. The push-pull pickup configuration switches are ingenious. Ease of Use: If you can't find a sound you want out of this with a good amplifier, you're lost in the valley of virtual infinite possibilities. Quality: Finish is excellent, inlays are very good. A couple of hardware mounting screws were crooked and required a minor fix, especially where the tailpiece attached to the body. Value: This is very much worth the price I paid, but I strongly object to the minimum advertised pricing policy of the manufacturer. You can get this for less, so the free market should dictate the price, not the maker. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to use them. The Wow Factor: This just screams class and polish. Gorgeous instrument. Overall: I bought it for the long haul. The last new guitar I bought has been around since 1975. Hope this one lasts as long!

"Stands apart from other guitars" submitted February 6, 2013

By Allison Chapman in Great Falls, MT
Musical Background: Have been playing for 30 plus years
Music Style: Mostly jazz, easy listening and new age
Overall: Where I live (Montana) nobody stocks guitars like this so playing it beforehand was not an option. I drooled over this instrument online for five months until I could order it. I looked at every photo I could find online, and have to say that the guitar in my hand was much darker orange than I was led to believe from the photos. Will say this about the photos in the ZZounds website, they leave a lot of room for improvement. When I picked it up out of the box for the first time, the little silver center of the tone knob fell off the guitar and had to use crazy glue to re-attach it to the knob. There was a "pimple" I guess you would call it of clear coat left ontop of the headstock, like the guitar was hung upside down for the clear coat to drip after application. I've always wanted a jazz guitar but never played one, here in Montana I'm like the only person in the state that plays jazz. The Swingster compared side by side with my neighbors PRS solidbody, the sound has a very broad depth to it and a quality of tone that the PRS couldn't touch. The PRS in comparison sounded institutional if you know what I mean. The series/parallel function of the pickups is something else I'm not used to in my 34 years of playing, but have to say it really adds to the sound quality. Also I have a huge problem with made in china (anything) was relieved a little when I saw the made in Indonesia sticker on it. Overall there are some finishing issues (like the clear coat drip) that will have to be taken care of ( I have a little OCD obsessive compulsive problem ) I plan on replacing the black bell knobs with clear amber knobs, but otherwise I'm satisfied. It does play very well, and my neighbor whose been playing longer than I have 40+ years likes it as well. I've offered to let him use it on his next album.

"buy one of these TODAY!!!!" submitted September 20, 2010

By a customer from hotmail.co.uk
Musical Background: pro vocalist,intermediate guitarist
Music Style: country,rockabilly,western swing
Sound: SOUNDS FANTASTIC,easy to play,great action,sweet tone,plugged or unplugged,this is one sexy guitar!mine is wine red,looks classy. Feature: there was no case with it,just a pick guard to fit yourself if you wish,and a cheap guitar lead.although i managed to do a deal with the seller by being cheeky and got a 65 uk pound hard case for 20 quid!fits it beautifully! Quality: only owned it a few days,seems well made,although the bigsby wire handle feels like it could do with the nut that holds the actual wire on being a tiny bit tighter as there is a small amouny of play but nothing to worry me. Value: guitar feels and looks like it sould be three times the price! Manufacturer Support: company are new(4 months old) in the uk and gave great service,in my home town too! The Wow Factor: sexiest guitar in the world in my opinion!but i love arch tops anyway and have another epiphone emperor which i've had years and love it too! Overall: i expect this will keep my a happy bunny for a long long time,it's better than i can play so i gotta get my chops up and this is the guitar to do it on!if it was lost or stolen i'd have another on order before the time i'd got home!i bought it when a top guitar magazine were raving about it and said "we're so sold on this it ain't funny"!
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Every guitar player has got to check out the Swingster or they will really be missing out." submitted June 19, 2011

Music Style: fingerstyle, Rock & Blues
Sound: The pickups made especially for this guitar are like the rest of the guitar which I can only describe as very cool. The sounds you can get are increased with the special switching built into this awesome guitar. It looks,sounds, feels and plays great. I also own a Tennesse Rose and this Swingster gives it a serious run for the money. Epiphone outid themselves with this guitar. It is going to be a best seller. Feature: The features that make a big difference with this guitar are many but to mention a few would be the roller bridger, the special push-pull selector switching, the beautiful inlay work and the tremlo arm. Ease of Use: You can get more different sounds from this guitar than most. Quality: This guitar looks and plays like guitars that cost 3 times as much. Value: For the money you can't find a better value. Manufacturer Support: I have had no issues The Wow Factor: When I saw the ad for the Swingster I had to Google the reviews right away because I instantly wanted one. Overall: This guitar will definitly be a keeper in my collection.
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Epiphone Emperor Swingster Guitar" submitted July 20, 2013

By Thomas B in North Fort Myers, FL
Overall
Musical Background: I play professionally. I play Guitar,banjo, and ukulele. Been playing 50 years,I'm 60.
Music Style: 50's and 60's rock and roll, old country,folk, Irish, and sing-a-longs.
Overall: The Best guitar I've ever played. Out of the box did not need a set up,was perfect. The sound is right on the money.fantastic for 50's and 60's rock n roll and then some. This is the perfect guitar.Thank you Epiphone.

"Follow up to my previous review" submitted February 26, 2013

By Allison Chapman in Great Falls, MT
Musical Background: Been playing guitar for more than 30 years
Music Style: Jazz, New Age, Easy Listening
Overall: Now that I have had the Emperor Swingster for three weeks, I need to add a few things. At the end of the guitar where the Bigsby attaches to the body, both screws holding the Bigsby on are not straight, they are crooked and cannot be fixed without damaging the guitar further. The nut holding the 1/4 output jack continues to come loose causing noise. There is a buzz on the high E string at 13th fret. I also feel compelled to again say that the guitar that I was shipped is many shades darker orange than the guitar in the online photos.

"Epiphone Swingster" submitted March 17, 2014

Overall
Musical Background: Play Guitar, for my enjoyment only.
Overall: Beautiful Guitar and Sounds great. Only thing is that it only has 21 frets and the 12 fret was to close to the body. Could not get use to that.

When you call, mention priority code 15ZB-X2Q5. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976