When you call, mention priority code 144Z-1MDK

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone Riviera 93

With three P-90 pickups, a Bigsby tremolo, and supremely elegant appointments, the Epiphone Riviera Custom sings with enticing vintage tone and style.

"Epiphone P93" submitted October 31, 2013

By Randy R in Arkdale, WI
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing since i was 8 i am a lot older now.
Music Style: ALL
Sound: I love the sound of this guitar. It works great for all music. Feature: Triple P90's gold hardware. Great wood choice. Ease of Use: This guitar has great playability right out of the box. Quality: Very very well made. Great wood and hardware choices. Value: Great value. Any other guitar of this quality would be 3 times as much. Manufacturer Support: Did not have to call them. The Wow Factor: Epiphone got it right with this guitar. Like always epiphone quality. Overall: Great Great guitar for the money.

"Awesome!!!" submitted October 2, 2013

By Kevin C in Cedar Rapids, IA
Overall
Musical Background: Played pro for about 10 yrs. Now I'm trying to get into computer recording at home
Music Style: Rock,oldies,country,acoustic/electric
Overall: I bought this guitar as my first electric. I've always played acoustic and this electric is such a joy to play. I'm 57yrs old and have a bit of arthritis in my hands. couldnt wait to plug it in and when I did it was WONDERFUL!!

"A nice version of the Classic Riviera." submitted May 20, 2013

Silas from zZounds
Musical Background: 10 years Blues/Rock and Indie guitarist
Music Style: Blues/Rock/Punk/Indie
ZZOUNDS CREW REVIEW
Overall: I happened across the wine red version of this guitar. This product is great for the quality. Out of the box (as all guitars require) I had it set up and it plays like a dream. It is a bit muddy for some settings so a treble boost pedal will get you right where you like it. The reverse wound pick up in the middle position nicely cancel's out the Hum (if you're into that sort of thing) Its a great solid guitar with several neat features that you don't find other places. The bigsby is a great addition. It might take a couple times to get used to stringing a bigsby- if you haven't before. The key tuners are a cool plated gold and add a nice vintage vibe to this tone machine. The three pick-ups gives you an option for optimal versatility. The volume controls are a little different than a standard guitar- having a master tone and then 3 individual volumes. But I like it. I keep the tone maxed out all the time any way. All in all this has killer looks and killer tone for a less than glamorous budget.
16 of 17 people (94.12%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Casino Re-make" submitted December 3, 2013

By Raymond V in Auburn, ME
Overall
Musical Background: Been jammin since the age of thirteen. Quite a while ago. Guitars are my gig.
Music Style: rock, country, blues.
Overall: This guitar is everything that I expected. Good value for the money. Really exceeded my expectations. Looks to kill. Plays like a dream. Sounds like a dream. My second Epiphone to date and far exceeds my Strat. Thanks Epiphone for making a nice axe.

"epiphone riviera p93" submitted June 22, 2012

By Don Longo in pinehill, NJ
Musical Background: playing 40 years guitar
Music Style: rock/ country
Overall: Hi my name is Don i got the red epiphone p93 i am a old time rock n roller was in a band in the 60s and this guitar is like the old days when i played in the band take it from me this is a great guitar for the money you think your playing a gibson it looks great and sounds great rock on guys D.Longo

"All that I expected...." submitted July 21, 2013

By Graham H in Old Town, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar, and Vocals since I was a baby ! Professionally, and at home. I havn't been performing for quite some time.
Music Style: rock, country, and blues.
Sound: This guitar's sound is out of this world, I am so impressed, good clear crisp high freqs and great bottom, perfect for any style from country to blues to rock!!! Feature: The 3 pick-ups and 3 way switch are well made, perform well, and easy to use, the 1/4 inch cord plug had none of the previous problems that were reported, everything is fine !!! Ease of Use: Like I said, great sound, the single tone control is easy to adjust while playing, so depending on you amplifier's settings you can have a lot of versatility to your sound with minimal adjustment. The neck and fret board are first class, I did have to oil(linseed oil) the fret board, it seemed a little dry, but once done this neck is first class! Quality: I checked the guitar over from top to bottom, the finish is beautiful, the hardware is beautiful, there was no blemished that I could find anywhere, the Wine Red is really set off by the gold hardware, and it just sparkles I can't wait to gig with it for the public reaction, it truly is beautiful ! Value: The value for your dollar is far beyond what you would expect for the price, I am blown away by the quality, I have seen other guitars that my friends have bought that didn't compare to this, and so I am extremely happy with my purchase. Manufacturer Support: I had one small issue with the truss rod cover, so I called Epiphone and told them about it, and they were super, they sent me a replacement plastic truss rod cover at no charge, they were super. The Wow Factor: It's a 10 ! The Wine Red finish w/Gold hardware appearance just catches the eye, it's stunning, that, along with the quality of hand crafted assembly makes this guitar top shelf !!! Even if I couldn't play it, I wouldn't mind having it to just hold, feel, and Look at !!! Overall: and more! I ordered my Riviera when it was out of stock, and received it 3 weeks earlier than expected, I was very impressed. What a beauty, I checked it over straight out of the box and it was perfect! I had to due some minor set-up, but that was no problem, I am very particular about my action and intonation, but the adjustment was a minor saddle action setting, no problem.

"smooith" submitted October 24, 2013

By peter drescher in Seaside Heights , NJ
Musical Background: been playing guitar for over 30 years
Music Style: rock,blues,folk
Overall: plays like a dream, and the tone and sound thru the p-93 pickups is awsome

"Awesome" submitted November 10, 2013

By Rickie L in Shelbyville, KY
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing for 45yr any thing with a string I play in a bad
Music Style: I love all music
Overall: The best playing Guitar I have ever played hands down

"Really Nice Guitar" submitted April 11, 2014

By Ric Vaughan in FEDERAL WAY, WA
Musical Background: 40+ years, pro, studio, touring
Music Style: all
Overall: The first one arrived with its neck cleanly separated from the body.Second one arrived 2 days later with no additional shipping charge.I have no idea what happened to the first one, it was the cleanest break I've ever seen.Thanks Zzounds for their great service.When the replacement arrived all i had to do was change the strings, adjust the action to taste and off i went.Really well built instrument and sounds really nice. The p90's in this style of guitar is a good way to go. I have a 78 Gibson ES345 with a P90 in the neck and its great. This guitar holds its own up against my Gibsons.

"Z Zounds has your back for all your music needs GREAT GUITAR !!!!" submitted May 29, 2014

By Louis J in Bolivia, NC
Overall
Musical Background: 45 years playing guitar for various studios,Church functions,Clubs Partys etc.
Music Style: I play a wide range of music because I never know who or what style of music the recording artist will be recording.A lot of tim
Overall: This guitar ROCKS! I can play a very wide selection from jazz to Southern Rock.The quality is just over the top with the Humbucker pick-ups.When I open the custom case,peoples eyes just light up at the wine red with gold knobs and the Bigsby WAH WAH.This is one of the finest guitars made.It has a very distinctive sound.The action is perfect,very easy to change from rythm to lead.I want everyone to know that Z Zounds are professionals in every way.I simply can not say thanks enough !! Shipping was the fastest I've ever seen with NO Damage. Thanks

"Excellent Guitar" submitted June 24, 2014

By Bill W in Brookville, IN
Overall
Musical Background: Have been playing for over 50 yrs.Play Bass,Mandolin,Tenor Sax,Banjo and now Six String Electric
Music Style: Play wide variety of styles
Overall: The set up was good enough to play out of the box.I purchased the Wine Red finish and it looks like a million bucks.Sounds and plays incredible. Will purchase another model in the future.Did not rate manufacture support as I have not needed it.

"bought 2 guitars from zzounds" submitted February 20, 2014

By charles jenkins in versailles, KY
Overall
Musical Background: I have played for 40 years I play a guitar and also a singer still play gigs
Music Style: play older hiphop blues and country music
Overall: I bought 2 guitars from zzounds bought a sg400 and a riviera coustom 93 guitar very satisfied with my purshases very good people to work with

"Epiphone's beast!" submitted November 17, 2013

By Mark S in Reading, PA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing since 1962, 15 years in bar bands, own over 40 guitars and basses
Music Style: Blues, rock & roll and variations thereof.
Overall: Epiphone makes GREAT hollow body and semi hollow guitars.This one is a beautiful guitar that can be a screaming beast. Solid maple center block gives it sustain, 3 P90's give it versatility. The neck is nearly perfect, a little fat and very comfortable, Great player, great looker, great sounds. I would like the tone pots to be more responsive, but that's my only complaint. Great guitar for blues and rock & roll - High quality, great value and cool beyond cool.

"Worth the money !" submitted April 8, 2014

By Dan d in Hinckley, OH
Musical Background: 12 years guitar , mandolin
Music Style: rock , blues , country
Overall: I have not played in over 30 years , always played Gibsons . I received it today , two days early . The finish is perfect except for the little gap between the neck and the neck pickup ( I can live with that ) . There is some fret buzz but that is to be expected , nothing that cant be remedied . The feel of the neck and overall ease of play is phenomenal (I like to bend allot ) . I like the sustain you get with that big chunk of steel Bigsby bolted to it . As far as the tone all my soap bar p90 Gibsons sounded the same , if you feel its to muddy that is what the amps for . All in all if you are looking for a semi hollow body that is made well plays nice and looks really good in wine red I do not think you will be disappointed . Thanks ZZounds

"EPI-MASTERPIECE" submitted December 29, 2013

By Raymond V in Auburn, ME
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar player since the age of 13. I've always played at home and a little outside.
Music Style: I love country rock, classic country, blues, rock, almost all kinds of music.
Overall: Always concerned about owning a Epiphone. Didn't like the fact that it came from overseas. Had one once from a garage sale and needed repair but once fixed it sounded pretty awesome. Decided to try another since I really like the looks of the Riviera. WOW, total change in my way of thinking. This guitar rocks. Its got looks, feel, playability and sounds awesome. I must admit to some reviews that it has a muddy sound to it but a slight adjustment with your amp and this thing wakes up the neighbors. I play it through a Fender Frontman 2X12. Thanks Z, AWESOME.

When you call, mention priority code 144Z-1MDK. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976