When you call, mention priority code 14QW-STBG

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone Wildkat Guitar

A true Epiphone original, the Wildkat is a small semi-hollowbody with a sweet flame maple top -- and a Bigsby vibrato, for when you really want to get wild.

"Great little guitar" submitted July 7, 2013

By jason tutor in roswell, NM
Musical Background: Gigging guitarist, 27 years
Music Style: Blues, Rock, country when forced by unpopular band decisions.
Sound: I read a lot of people saying this guitar sounds great... and a lot of people say it sounds dark and muddy. I initially fell into the dark and muddy camp. I read alot on the internet about how the capacitance of the (15 feet!) of cheap coax in the guitar sucks out all the highs... and decided that rewiring may be in order... But, it sounds very different through different amps, and have decided that the sound is fine. The P90's growl like they should... they dont have much chime, but I can live with it. I would rate the sound as 'average'.... not the best, but the rest of the guitar more than makes up for it. Feature: The Bigsby is great. I've always thought a Bigsby was more for warbles and tone variations than true Whammy craziness, and in this role it is fine. A little graphite in the nut slots and I've not had any tuning problems. I've never had a master volume guitar before, but find it very useful for crafting tones. I guess I'm in the minority in finding that it's more useful than a second tone control... but to each his own. The tuners are surprisingly solid feeling, I doubt they'll ever need to be replaced. Ease of Use: One of the shining spots of this guitar... the action. I've never owned an Epiphone before, and didn't know what to expect quality/playability wise... I'm a Fender fanboy... but I was extremely surprised by this guitar. The action was incredibly low with no buzz... neck relief was perfect, playability was perfect... it is a joy to play. The intonation was perfect, as I've noted I have had no issues with tuning stability, and the action is just amazing. Quality: I went over her several times.... I must have gotten lucky as I've found no errant drops of glue, no issues with the binding... no finish abnormalities. The guitar is extremely solid feeling and gorgeous. The fret ends are all finished well with none protruding (we'll wait to the winter in the dry air see if this changes)... I actually cannot believe they sell this guitar as cheaply as they do. The quality is amazing even if you dont consider the price point... Value: I would say this guitar is worth than it's selling price, especially when compared to other guitars in this price range. So, it sounds a little dark? There wouldn't be a huge aftermarket pickup industry if every guitar sounded perfect to everyone. It's all about taste, and equipment. This guitar sounds very different through two different Egnater amps, and different again through an Orange... it's all subjective. Overall I would buy this guitar again and again. Manufacturer Support: No issues The Wow Factor: I lusted after the Wildkat for the looks.... and she's even more beautiful in person than any picture could show... and EVERYONE that's seen her, has wanted her. I loved the look so much I was willing to buy her knowing I might have to spend money on the electronics... to me that is WOW factor... now that I've lived her her a little, the fact that I dont think I'll have to change a thing is just a bonus. Overall: Seeing the Wildkat I really, really wanted one, based on looks alone, after reading all the reviews I went ahead and pulled the trigger, thought I'd toss in my two cents.

"Poor Man's Gretsch!!" submitted October 20, 2011

By a customer from centurylink.net
Music Style: Rock/Blues/Metal
Sound: Fantastic sound from both pickups, the tone takes it from smooth to gritty with great range, 2 volumes and a master volume on the lower bout, with the neck volume up and the tone to the back. Not the usual thin sound of a single coil, but meaty and full. Great sound even unplugged. The Bigsby is smooth and sounds great even though a tune-o-matic bridge. No noise and smooth control knobs. Feature: Came with wrench and cable. The only thing I wish it had was separate tone controls. The master volume is nice and the Bigsby works great. There is no height adjustment possible with the custom p90 pickups. Ease of Use: Straight forward. I just loosened the strings, lowered the action a little tuned it up, whammied a bunch then re-tuned, and it was ready to go. Very nice neck and body feel. Great frets and no buzzing. Intonation was perfect. Quality: The only flaw was a stain spot at the base of the neck bottom onto the body at below the glue joint,from the darker stain used on the neck back. Hard to see, but there. The wires are very visible through the lower F hole. It seems otherwise very well made and dependable. The chrome parts look like a thick surface and not cheap. The flame maple looks very nice, although not a perfect match. The flame maple joint down the center is only really visible between the pickups. Value: This is a great deal for a great guitar! $50 cheaper than other major dealers, too. Even then, it is comparable to guitars costing twice as much or more. It reminds me of a Gretsch. Manufacturer Support: Zzounds was very helpful. No repairs needed. The Wow Factor: I lusted after it because of the dual acclaimed P 90s, the nice flamed maple color, the B 70 Bigsby, the master volume knob on the lower bout, and the metal on the headstock totally different than other Epis I have. I feels great, too, in addition to a great sound. I didn't need it, I suppose, but only had an SG Junior with P 90 and no vibrato. My other similar shaped semi-hollow had no Bigsby and was twin humbuckers. So this has its niche in my sound. Overall: I hope this satisfies me for a long time. It would be one of the last I ever sell. It plays similar to a strat, nice and comfortable with great whammy action.

"Good luck finding a better guitar for even double the price of the Wildcat!" submitted June 10, 2014

By Keith O in Knoxville, TN
Overall
Musical Background: 30 plus years of bar bands, recording, touring, playing in various settings from empty bars to packed stadiums.
Music Style: I play both kinds of music. Rock...AND Roll!
Sound: The sound is everything that I expected and then some! The P-90's are amazing and it makes my Amp sound even better than I ever heard it sound before. Feature: Again, the Master Volume is a brilliant idea. For anyone that uses an array of stompboxes or uses lots of distortion it will be your best friend. The Bigsby is solid and I have had no tuning issues whatsoever. Ease of Use: The neck is a bit fatter than my Les Paul. Closer to that of a 50's Gibson. While it will take a bit of getting used to, it is fast and comfortable. It came right out of the box ready to rock. I could have played a gig with it that night. Quality: I am always a bit skeptical about anything made in China. But the workmanship, quality, appearance, and materials seem to be quite solid and well worth the money. I have played guitars that cost twice as much that I liked half as much. I will be keeping this guitar for the rest of my life. Value: In short, don't waste your money on lesser products from lesser companies. If I had paid a higher price, I would be just as happy. Manufacturer Support: Not an issue at this point, but I really am not worried. This is a quality instrument and I doubt I will need any manufacturer support. The Wow Factor: Every person that has laid eyes on her so far has raved about her beauty. She just seems to scream out "I am beautiful and I rock" and everyone seems to notice. Overall: Right out of the box, I was in love! After much back and forth, and much soul searching I decided to go with Antique Natural. It is absolutely gorgeous! The flame, workmanship, and detailing was perfect! I knew that I had made the right choice. Then, it was time to plug her in. I run a one channel, 1-12, 16 watt tube combo. I turned the volume up to a decent level and got a beautiful shimmer on the bridge pickup along with a nice thick deepness from the neck pickup. Then it was time to boost the gain. I was met with a pleasant growl and an incredible punch. Well, more like a bodyslam. After playing that first day for 45 minutes, I never had to re-tune once. I have read other reviews with people saying that tuning was an issue for them, but after 2 weeks of playing at least an hour a day I have had none whatsoever. I also have had no problems at all with the pickups. If you are not experienced with P-90's, they will take some getting used to. This is what (in my humble opinion) makes the Wildcat so special. The Master Volume is a stroke of genius! Just backing it off a bit cleans up your sound nicely. If you keep everything cranked, you will get feedback. After all, that is why humbuckers were invented in the first place. The key is learning to master the controls and master the feedback. When you do, this will be your favorite guitar. Again, the Master Volume will come into play quite a bit. Especially when using distortion. If you just use a clean or mildly distorted sound, you will never have an issue. But if you are like me and like a bit of sonic mayhem, You are going to have to figure out what works best for you. Just be patient, don't stand too close to your amp, and have some fun exploring the possibilities! I use both a Rat and a Tube Screamer for different types of sounds. After some playing around, I was able to figure out exactly what I needed to do to make sure that I won't be driving my sound man insane. The styles of music that I play with my cover band are Blues, Punk, Alternative, Classic Rock, Pop, British Invasion, Classic Metal, Modern Rock, and Psychedelica. If need be, I could play my whole show with my Wildcat. It really is that versatile! Buy it! Buy it now! It will change your world!

"One Hot & Wild Kat!" submitted September 15, 2007

Musical Background: Active
Music Style: Blues & blues/rock mostly
Sound: Absolute killer single coil P-90 wail. The P-90 is a legend for a reason. The small semi-hollowbody adds to its unique sound. As with others of this style there can be a feedback problem if played loud in a very small space. Good miking helps avoid this. The Bigsby sounds like a Bigsby but adds the problem of frequent tuning needed. Feature: No accessories except a very crummy "instrument" cable but it does come with both hex keys needed. The master volume is tits fer sure. Easy to use and "set it and forget it" with the added versatility of the3-way Les Paul style switch on top. Ease of Use: Very nice neck profile. Smaller body shape makes it usable by smaller players but it's not so small bigger players feel confined. Some neck dive maybe but I never noticed as I use lined straps only (suede or wool) and it's a lightweight as well. The gripes about going out of tune? Easy - don't buy anything but hardtails. Any vibrato or tremolo on any guitar is a tuning chore. Quality: Set up super before shipping. Grover machines? Genuine Bigsby? P-90 Alnico pups? It does not get any better, especially at this price! Value: Like I said above - find any guitar this well made of quality tonewoods and with the appointments this guitar has for even 50% more and I'll buy it. Manufacturer Support: Never needed it on this ax. Have dealt with Epiphone and Gibson before and always get answers even if Gibson takes awhile. The Wow Factor: This ax is hot. Even snooty "name brand" buyers openly admire its looks and many comment on the sound, the styling overall. Overall: I can't see getting rid of this guitar for any reason. Will I buy others? Sure. But this fills the spot for rockabilly/hard blues & blues rock very well. Would I like a Gibson 335? You betchum. Can't swing it. If this were stolen I would prosecute to the fullest and ask for the thief to be sentenced to play a Wal-Mart Special for life.
31 of 33 people (93.94%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Wow!" submitted May 4, 2014

By Jay V in Barre, VT
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for fun, and at times semi-professionally for 24 years.
Music Style: Rockabilly, Psychobilly, 50s/60s rock
Overall: Floored from the second I strummed the first chord. This thing freakin' growls through my little Vox AC4. Fit and finish are excelent. Easily worth twice the cash. Intonation was dead on straight out of the box. Once the strings stretched out, I haven't had any problems keeping it in tune whatsoever. Action was a little high, but way better than some other hollow bodies I've played. If this cost twice as much (but came with a case), I would still recommend it. This guitar at this price proves how much other companies are overcharging.

"All you need to do is watch this video." submitted July 1, 2011

Musical Background: Time Traveler
Music Style: All
Sound: This guitar sounds fantastic! It's a little dark but still versatile. P-90's are very expressive and you can get a lot of sound out of this thing if you want. Words can't describe it though, just watch this video of my band "The Trip" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYqvGC9KmTU It's a beast, you've got to work with the master volume to tame it. Feature: Master Volume control is all you need to get this thing going. Has all the features you could ask for. Ease of Use: Easy to use, again, just back down on the master volume pot if you have to. Quality: Licensed Bigsby, Grover Tuners, Flamed Maple top, mahogany body with set neck.. All for such a good price!!!! Had to threadlock the input jack and glued in the top strap holder because it kept getting loose. No big deal though. Value: Such a good deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Manufacturer Support: Never had any issues, no support needed. The Wow Factor: This guitar is so sexy! The looks are stunning! Overall: This guitar will always be on stage with me. I don't see myself playing a gig without it. Seriously just watch the video I linked to above.
24 of 26 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Epiphone Wildkat" submitted June 5, 2012

By Peter J in Los Angeles, CA
Musical Background: 20 years pro
Music Style: Indie Rock/jazzy influences, Hard Rock, old school English folk and bluegrass
Overall: OK I friggin' love this guitar. It's gorgeous, sexy and sounds like you playing something special. It came from Zzounds set up perfectly and i don't know about they rest of y'all but the neck is perfectly playable for me. I can get bell clean bluesy and p90 dirt rocky sounds from thi baby. I'll be doing a lot of recording with this gem. This is by far the most guitar you will get for the price. Yes...of course the Bixby knocks my baby out of tune, but I'm going to have my guy look at it down the road and get it solved. This guitar is all good. The wires could be hidden better...I did it myself. To sum up, this is the coolest guitar i've ever owned...... and I've owned a Trini Lopez Gibson and a 1959 Ricky Capri. Of course the price contributes to my respect for this beauty, as it should

"Wildkat On Fire." submitted January 29, 2008

Music Style: Alt-Country/80's Rock
Sound: This guitar is perfect for country, blues, classic-current-and even hard rock. The P-90's deliever quite an expressive sound, very true to attack! It combines the sounds of 4 of my favorite guitars, a Les Paul, 335, White Falcon, and even a Tele! It is all in the knobs kids. By tweaking the tone and individual volume knobs you can either swing, or sting, its all there. Fo Rock or Metal players a noise compressor would be nice, cause it can feed back, but it really puts out aswell. Also locking tuners would be nice, that is if you over use the Bigsby like a Floyd Rose (which I have been known to do!). But overall from vintage to virtuoso it kills. The action is nice and fairly low, and it does require 10's, but I swear they feel as comfortable as 9's on the smooth wide neck. Feature: The features are great, the Grovers, Bigsby, Set neck, F-holes all a plus, and of course the finish, it shines. The knobs are the key, just remember. The pickups are not easily adjusted, cause they are dog-eared, and some folks may thank that the neck pick up is a bit muddy, but the middle position is what the guitar is primarily made to be on and then adjust your highs and lows from there. Ease of Use: Easy to get great diverse sounds, from Neil Young, Billy Duffy, Bill Gibbons, to Jerry Reed, Merle Haggard and Brent Mason. Quality: Great Quality, can't beat the price or features unless you spend from at least 3-5 hundred more dollars. Value: Great value, worth every dime. I bought this guitar and it blew my mind! Manufacturer Support: Don't know, never had to use it. The Wow Factor: Very Sexy, chicks dig it, guys want to have it. It is very curvy, voluptuous if you will, yet refined and classy. Overall: Overly satisfied, definetly what I was looking for and more.
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great blues/jazz/rock guitar for short money." submitted April 14, 2011

Musical Background: Active hobbyist
Music Style: Blues based rock
Sound: Somewhere between a Casino and a Les Paul. I replaced the bridge with a Compton Compensated bridge, and the guitar opened up wonderfully. The pickups may require some minor adjustments to the pole pieces as well. After that was done, this baby ripped the place up. I saw many people complaining about the P90s in this guitar, I have no complaints, and they sounded great through a VOX AC30. The neck pup is nice for some creamy blues or jazz tones, and the bridge pup is very bright (almost too bright for my tastes) Oh, and the Bigsby has some nice long posts to mount the strings on, nearly double the length of other Bigsby's I have. Feature: No real accessories needed. The guitar is solid and has all the controls it needs for a semi hollow, dual P90 guitar. Ease of Use: Fantastic ability to get nearly every tone you'd want from a guitar like this. From rich, deep tones, to raw, gritty, swampy tones, you can cover them all. (I don't play metal, but P90's aren't really a metal pickup) Quality: The only complaint I have about this guitar is the bridge. It's not good in any way. It rattled, it was the only weak link in the chain. A good roller bridge or compensated bridge is a great way to really improve the tone, acoustically and plugged in. Value: This guitar is a really good value, especially since Epiphone dropped the price $150 from the original. The Wow Factor: To me, it's a great looking guitar, with it's own unique appeal, from the larger LP style body to the vintage Epiphone logo on the headstock. I think some subtle block inlays would fit the guitar better, but the dots are just fine.

"the Kat" submitted June 26, 2013

By Pete L in Girard, OH
Musical Background: 50 years; guitars mainly; strictly at home now
Music Style: anything
Overall: what's not to like? I got the black royale with a blem I can't find..just a little jammer, a knock-around so I thought; but now I wouldn't do that. the motivation for an old-timer like meself was that my dang shoulder hurts on some small body electrics, and, having one, the casino is, of course pretty large-bodied..so I figured this one would be in-between. it really is the kat's meow..I put a roller bridge on, and an already casino-like tone got even better, with even more sustain. now, I don't use an amp much, too busy; and I've got a small jumbo (ha) but it is an acoustic which is fine for what it is. this baby can be played all day because of its in-between size, with a loud unamplified sound, for practice or whatever. one might change the spring on the bigsby, which I feel is a little stiff, but I haven't tried it yet. there aren't any intonation problems or dead frets although it's pretty obvious that lowering the action too much will cause that. all in all, a quality cheap little chinese guitar with a lot of tone, decent playability and really, its own identity, even moreso than the casino. you really can't go wrong here..your getting your 300 bucks worth..

"Awesome guitar, What an awesome value, make your friends jelous." submitted November 9, 2011

Musical Background: newby
Music Style: jazz & blues
Sound: With the right picks and amp this is a great sounding guitar. Feature: All the adjustments you need right on the guitar. No need to constantly adjust the amp. Quality: When you compare it to similar guitars for the the money there is no comparison. Value: I looked for months on the internet for the perfect guitar. For the price of this one. It is perfect! Overall: Once you put it in your hands you'll relize there is nothing that compares to it at this price level.

"Epiphone Wildkat Electric Guitar with Bigsby Tremolo " submitted March 14, 2012

By Wayne N in Syracuse, NY
Musical Background: 20+yr working musician/sound tech
Music Style: Heavy & classic rock, blues and country.
Overall: Great guitar ! I purchased for my son and liked it so much I am getting one for myself. It has a cadillac like appearance with great classic sound. A little noisy but thats the P90 pickups with the vintage sound. Other reviews mention that it go's out of tune easy. I found if you hammer the Bigsby tremolo or push down on it to hard that is true. Both my son and I just don't hammer the tremolo and just use it for the vintage sound and looks.

"A very versatile guitar!" submitted November 5, 2009

By a customer from iastate.edu
Music Style: alternative/blues/folk
Sound: This is a great guitar, i play a lot of classic and blues/folk style rock, and this guitar does it all. There are a few myths out there that this guitar does not hold its tune, i have found this to be false it holds its tune just as well as any other quality guitar. The best part about this guitar is the thin neck on it, and the action it is very versatile and easy to play. I would definitely replace this guitar if it was stolen.

"Great guitar !!!" submitted August 15, 2013

By Rich R in Dixon, CA
Musical Background: Collect guitars
Music Style: rock and roll, Christian
Overall: Size of Les Paul, but lighter and tonally more versatile!

"TOP OF THE LINE," submitted April 12, 2014

By ROB F in PHILADELPHIA, PA
Musical Background: I AM A PROF, BEEN PLAYING ABOUT 52YRS
Music Style: ROCK,COUNTRY,BLUES, SOME OF THIS AND SOME OF THAT..
Overall: I HAVE SOME EVRY EXPENSIVE GUITARS AND I WOULD PUT MY WILDCAT UP TO THEM ANYTIME, IT SOUNDS , AND PLAYS, REALLY GOOD GLAD I GOT ONE.

"My Little Wild Kittykat with a BIG Voice" submitted November 29, 2009

By a customer from windstream.net
Musical Background: Former Road Warrior
Music Style: Rock, Alternative, Southern Rock, Blues and then some
Sound: Robust P90 sound... not quite as big as my ES135, but definitely an ES type of sound. Sounds good through a Marshall JMP as well as a Vox AC. I immediately replaced the bridge with a TonePro and was simply surprised at this little semi-hollowbody's growl. Feature: Read a bunch of negatives about the Bigsby and intonation being hard to get with it... simply not true or either I got a good one. The TonePro might've helped, but I think most folks review without proper expectations on a lot of things. The knobs are cheap as well as the toggle switch. The pots will also be on the chopping block when my electronics order comes in. I bought this giutar knwing these parts would need to be upgraded, so, no fuss here. It's a great guitar for $650 (guitar + pots, knobs, switch). Bought an ES135 style tailpiece as well after reading the stuff about the intonation problems. I'm not a big tremolo guy so I might just change it to mod this cat a little more. Ease of Use: It's a great little guitar... and for the money, you could do a lot worse. It helps fill a nice little niche in my lineup. Plays great after a good setup. No complaints here. Quality: Can't give her a 10 here because of the new car finish. This thing is loaded with clear coat... glassy smooth which probably robs the natural sound a bit, but maybe they do that to help hold the cheap wood together! LOL... Just kidding. It exceeds my expectations. I bought it from the blemished section of Zzounds and, again, very satisfied with this guitar. I'm upgrading the electronics and will not hesitate to pull her out when I need that sound. Value: Worth more than what I paid for it. Even with the upgrades it needs (IMO) it is worth the money. It's a solid guitar and sounds great. Coming from Korea, the pots, knobs and switches are the cheap stuff so plan on replacing for peace of mind. Not totally necessary, but doesn't hurt the thing and it's an easy DIY upgrade. Manufacturer Support: I've never had to use it for Gibson, Fender or Epi. The Wow Factor: It has sex appeal... not as much as my LP's or Strats, but it's a keeper. Overall: Very satisfied... especially getting another blemished piece from Zzounds that I cannot find a thing blemished about it. Not coming with a case is low rent, but, for $389 you can't go wrong. It was a whim buy just because I used to admire the Flamecat. I always told myself I ever saw one without the flame paint job, I'd grab it just to see if it measured up to its looks. It does. It's a great guitar to mod and do some things that you might think twice about with a reissue or premium ax. I'd recommend it to round out your sound choices. It definitely has the booming ES sound.

"A nice sounding and nice looking guitar with one flaw in design" submitted December 4, 2006

Overall
Sound: Very bassy. Sounds good all the way around the fretboard though. It does not sound great if you are intending to play in drop d tuning though. Feature: The wammy bar is cool. Ease of Use: Very easy to play, except for one thing... when you stand with the guitar, it tilts in the wrong direction. I'm trying to think of a way to fix this. Maybe weigh it down or something? Quality: Good quality except for the fact that it is not balanced in weight and tilts the wrong way. The Wow Factor: Everyone says it looks really nice or "handsome" or "sharp" or "pretty" or something like that. Overall: If I can fix the weight distribution problem, then I will play this till it wears out

"WILDKAT!!!!" submitted May 28, 2014

By John S in Oelwein, IA
Overall
Musical Background: been playing for almost 50 years I play electric guitar, and am teaching myselp lap steel guitar
Music Style: oldies, southern rock ,and country
Overall: EXCELLENT guitar

"Room for improvement." submitted May 8, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: Retired active musiscian, hobbyist now.
Music Style: Blues, country, southern rock
Sound: P-90's are what they are and can get a set of tubes to really groove when cranked. Master volume knob, what's that all about? would have preferred a second tone control. Swapped out the stock tone pot with a Fender TBX and greatly increased the diversity of sounds this wounderful axe can emit. Feature: The original Bigsby is nice and became more user friendly once the Grover tuners made way for the locking Sperzel's. Again the Mstr. Vol. control is as useful as tits on a bull unless you only want one particular sound and never play more than one song (all my amps have volume controls) Ease of Use: Comes with appropriate size tools and well written instructions if a musician wants to play luthier. Quality: Was absolutely blown away with the appearance of this beast. Got the limited edition Tiger Stripe with gold hardware and the finish is flawless. Set-up from the box was quite playable (we all have our own preferences)with the neck being fast, flat and smooth all the way. The ends on some of the fret wires needed to be deburred but no big deal. Value: Well worth the money spent. Manufacturer Support: Have not had the need for support. Warranty registration was a breeze on-line. The Wow Factor: If they had only gone with an abalone inlay or even a screen printed logo on the headstock instead of the GAUDY metal piece. I guess the extra mass adds sustain and this baby sings. Overall: It's a keeper now. A very versatile guitar that sounds wonderful clean and can handle the overdrive as well as any (semi)hollow body.

"Not sure I made the right decision when I bought this" submitted April 13, 2013

By Bill C
Musical Background: >40yrs, ex-garage band, multi-instrument,
Overall: GREAT looking guitar, balanced easily, smooth, flat fretwork. But the 'whammy bar' would only rotate about 30 degrees then lock up, tough to put into a case that way. The input jack nut was loose and now the tone pot rotates as you try to adjust the tone. Not a great 'quality product', IMHO.And speaking of tone: I plugged it into my Fender Princeton Chorus and unless I turned up the Treble to 11, it was incredibly muddy sounding. I've read about fixes for the 'mud'....new wiring through-out, swap out tone pot, change tone cap.....but don't have a local guitar tech I'd feel comfortable assigning these tasks to. My Strat is clean as a bell, stays in tune and is great to play. I am hoping that by gaining info from other owners, I can get these issues fixed and can add this to my guitar 'mix'. Am sending the guitar back to the local repair site in Emeryville, CA, after having it for only 2 weeks....not a good omen, but hopefully the ONLY time I will have to do so. Hope I can make this a 'keeper' instead of an 'also-ran'.

"Erikka the Epiphone Wildkat" submitted June 18, 2011

Musical Background: Composer , Hobbyist , Recorder
Music Style: Everything
Sound: I agree with most of the reviewer comments on sound. I expected it to twang , buzz and rattle also I expected it to make feedback because of the Bigsby and it was the sound I was after. I play everything with mine from Rock , Metal , Blues , Country and Rockabilly. Feature: p90's sound like p90's should sound , the chance of feedback is greater than most guitars I played but is controllable with tone and volume on both pups. Ease of Use: Grover tuners , Light Strings , Easy to use neck and frets are like butter. The twang/buzz from the tailpiece is rarely picked up from the pups. It is moderately heavy but a feather compared to my Explorer. You pick it up and you can play it like any other gibson/epiphone guitar it is ready to go. Restringing can be a pain the first few times but once you get a hang of it its like anything else.I suggest stringing it from outer to in both E strings first. I had to adjust my truss after the 10th set of strings so that seems to last too. Quality: No major flaws. SMall drop of glue on the rosewood first fret. All Wildkats have one flaw , the G string intonation is off due to flaw in the bridge saddle positioning. there is no known fix but 99% of owners will never know this. The body quality meshed with the one piece neck seems to flow perfectly with no crease bumps. Value: This guitar won awards for being a best value bang for your buck quality guitar. They are not making anymore for a few years so when the last new Wildkats are sold off the value will increase also it will increase more after the recession is gone if that happens. The Wow Factor: One of a kind guitar that turns heads like no other I ever played. Overall: First time I played it I was sold. Last time I played it was as fun as the first. I put over 15 sets of strings on this guitar since Christmas to give you an idea how much I love her. her name is Erikka btw....

"The best Value New guitar you can find." submitted June 27, 2011

By a customer from tampabay.rr.com
Overall
Sound: I am very happy with the sounds Feature: I does not come with a case or gig bag. so you have to pick one up seperate Ease of Use: the action was a little too low and a very slight adjustment stopped fret buzz Quality: the look feel and finish are very good. the packaging was good considering it did not come in a case or gig bag. I think it waouls have been alright in the extreme shipping conditions. The pots, switch, bigsby frets neck and body were all in excellent condition and I was very happy with this piece Value: this guitar is the best value semi hollow out there PERIOD. Manufacturer Support: I have not delt with then since I have had no problems The Wow Factor: It is a Les Paul with Gretsch sound. Overall: very happy with this guitar. I would buy again for sure.

"My First Epiphone---Great Guitar" submitted November 8, 2011

Overall
Sound: The sound is great. Clear smooth tones whether playing alone or in a group it really stands out or blends inwhen needed. Feature: Having some troublw with the Bigsby. Guitar goes out of tune when I use it. Ease of Use: Easily playable. The neck feels good. The controls are very easy to use and easy to understand and set. Quality: Materials are good. The finish looks great. Good solid feel. For the price it is a very nice guitar. Value: Very much worth the price. Overall: I will probably keep it for a while and maybe pass it down to my grand kids.

When you call, mention priority code 14QW-STBG. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976