When you call, mention priority code 13ZG-X84K

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone ES-175 Reissue

The Epiphone ES-175 Reissue brings a classic back to life. With an archtop maple body and two humbuckers, the ES-175 Reissue feels and sounds great.

"Epi ES-175, great guitar for the money." submitted January 6, 2011

Musical Background: Pro
Music Style: Rock, Jazz,Fusion,Ragtime
Sound: Having owned and enjoyed a '63 Gibson ES-175, This Epiphone guitar has a very familiar feel and tone - in some ways better! Blues, Jazz, Rockabilly or Fusion - it is all there. I like the deep tone and slightly more solid feel of this instrument acoustically - plugged into the Fender stereo Princeton, it really has any hollow-body tone you could want Less feedback than the Gibson... Neck has excellent comfort - an everyday guitar. Feature: The best 499 I ever spent... Ease of Use: Plays like a guitar should. Quality: Very well made - worth more than paid. The Wow Factor: The guitar is stunning to look at.

"$2600 Cheaper" submitted January 12, 2008

Overall
Sound: This guitar sounds amazing. I bought this guitar thinking it would be a piece of junk for $499. On the contrary. This guitar, direct from the distributor, was a shocker. It is so beautiful and it plays well. I did some research and found out that Gibson's contract for the ES-175 was an American made product. The Epiphone is not made in the USA. The guitar was produced to standard in Indonesia and set-up in the USA. Obviously, Gibson could not produce this in the USA or it would be twice the price. A little more research revealed that Indonesia has decent work conditions and the Indonesians are well known for quality workmanship. I would never have bought this guitar if I found out that it was produced in China. Let's face it, China could care less about what they ship to our country. Feature: Great tone controls and tuners for the price. Very close to Gibson. Ease of Use: After adjusting from a Strat to the larger finger board, I was able to play some of my favorite music in a whole new tone and style. Quality: Much, much better than I ever expected. Feels great. "On The Road"- be careful, somebody will steal the Epiphone E on the pickguard or the guitar all together. Value: Gibson ES-175 is $3199. Epiphone ES-175 is $499 Both are quite similar. The Wow Factor: This guitar is so "sexy", I took my strap and shortened it and now I can play with my lower arm coming from the bottom of the guitar (where the strap is attached) and horizontal to the strings. With my strats, I have a hard time doing this. Overall: All I can say is buy it for $499. Wait until you see how well you did...
88 of 94 people (93.62%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"epiphone es175 a great little guitar that looks sounds and feels like the higher priced gibsons." submitted March 16, 2011

By a customer from frontier.com
Overall
Music Style: country, older rock and blues
Sound: the sound of this es175 is good to great, altho there is a feedback issue. i play this through a fender twin reverb, and it sounds good. it is a great guitar for finger picking,also for rythem.we play country, older rock and blues,this es175 fits in quite well. Ease of Use: this guitar is very playable. Quality: i cant find a thing wrong with the quality of this epiphone. Value: this product is well worth the money. The Wow Factor: this es175 is almost a replica of my gibson es125tdc, thats why i bought it. Overall: do not know.

"I found it!!" submitted August 19, 2009

Overall
Musical Background: Former active jazz musician, retired, now Minister of music at my church.
Music Style: Cool jazz mostly, Gospel, Country (with a jazz accent)
Sound: This guitar has a great mellow sound for jazz, but if you want a little "twang" for country, just turn the tone control up a few notches and you'll get all the twang you want. I don't know much about the new sounds of today's rock, a solid body guitar is probably better for that. Oh yes, no feedback---quite unusual for a real hollow body guitar. Feature: No accessories. Just the guitar. I'll probably put some Gibson pickups on it at some later date. I'm happy with what's on there now. Some people complain about the tuners. I find no fault with them. By the way, this guitar is flawlessly beautiful. No mistakes anywhere. Ease of Use: It arrived with a broken E (1st) string. I put another whole set of strings on it, lowered the bridge a little, set the intonation and started playing. It plays really easy. I can go for hours with any strained or hurting fingers. I'm playing it through a small Ibanez Bass amp---sounds great. I also use a rather large 40 year old Acoustic amp---all kinds of equalization stuff on it which gives ita big enough sound to provide accompaniment for congregational singing at my church. Quality: I dare anyone to compare their Gibson ES-175 with my Epi. I have read some reports of people who were very unhappy with the Gibson 175's built in recent years. Evidently the old ones made in the 50's were fantastic. The only real advantage of the Gibson over the Epiphone now would most likely be the pickups. Value: It is definitly worth the price. Manufacturer Support: I had to pick some number here. I actually have never contacted the company. If I have any problems, or when the frets wear down, I'll contact a local luthier. The Wow Factor: Actually, I own it. I have seven guitars including a Les Paul, which is a beautiful guitar, however, the one that stands out and really grab my eye is the ES-175. I love the retro cutaway design, with the sharp edge. Most guitars have the cutaway smoothed out to a gentle curve. I really like the sunburst design--and everything else about the way it was designed and built. It really is a work of art. Overall: This will be the last guitar I will ever buy. If it gets broken or damaged beyond repair, then I will buy a replacement. When I want to play smooth jazz, this is my instrument. I have the Les Paul and my other guitars to do other things, but I find myself using them less and less. As I said before, as things wear out on it, such as frets or tuners I'll have a luthier take care of it. I will also probably in the future put some genuine Gibson 50's style pickups on it.
22 of 24 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Very Good Guitar" submitted November 14, 2009

By a customer from Wowway.Com
Overall
Musical Background: Recreational playing for about 45 years.
Music Style: Country, Bluegrass, Rock,Jazz
Sound: Has a very good range of tones. Not at all bad for the money. Sounds good even without an amp. Feature: Has all the necessary features. A strap would have been nice. Ease of Use: Very easy to get the sound you want from this instrument. Very close to some Gibsons. Quality: Very well made. Seems quality control is very good. My "E" fell off the pickguard, but that is a very minor problem. Value: This guitar is well worth the money. The performance is like a much more expensive guitar. Manufacturer Support: Epiphone & Gibson are well known for their customer support. The Wow Factor: Very nice to look at. It,s a good looking guitar. Overall: Overall very satisfied. It,s big so I will be buying a Les Paul or something similar in the future, but only for the convenience and the slightly different tones. This will be my main guitar for the forseeable future.
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"WOW!!!" submitted August 21, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Pro Musicican for 25+ years.
Music Style: Jazz, Blues, Swing, Country/Jazz..
Sound: Has that classic Joe Pass/Herb Ellis tone. Once I got it setup and adjusted to my liking (an easy task) it jhad that nice warm jazz tone I was looking for. Feature: Almost an exact replica of a Gibson ES-175. Ease of Use: Extremely playable guitar. Plays like butter once I replaced the strings and setup the tuna-amatic. VERY pleased with this guitar. Quality: I looked this thing over from the headstock to the tailpiece and could not find a flaw one.. Value: This much guitar for $499.00!!! Are you kidding me?? I can`t imagine how they make/sell this thing for that cheap of a price. I looked around before I bought this and had it narrowed down between the Ibanez es-175 copy and this one..It wasn`t even close. Manufacturer Support: This is my 3rd new guitar purchase from zzsounds and I must say they are a superb company to deal with. The Wow Factor: I got laid the DAy I bought this guitar, only because I was playing THIS guitar!! ...just kidding, but it is a sexy thing.. Overall: Love it! I would buy another one in a heartbeat of something happened to this one.

"This is one amazing guitar." submitted February 16, 2011

Musical Background: Active Part time Musician
Music Style: Jazz
Sound: I've been playing acoustic and bluegrass for 30 years. But had decided to move to jazz. So I was looking for an entry level jazz guitar. I loved the look of the Epi ES 175, but I was a little concern. I've never bought a guitar without playing it first and to be honest a $499.00 guitar seemed really low priced (cheap) to me. But, I read loads of reviews and the ES 175 seemed to be worth the risk. And was it ever!!! This guitar is amazing. Wonderful deep jazz sound. Solidly built. A real joy to play. I've passed it around and everyone is astounded at the quality for the price. If you are into jazz or blues, this guitar will not disappoint. Plan on putting some flat wounds on it to really make it sing. Feature: For only $499.00, what would any reasonable person expect for extras?? Comes with the normal "case candy" and a cheap 1/4 cable. I bought the Epiphone hard shell case and it's a perfect fit and well made. Again, a great value. Ease of Use: When I got the guitar it was set up a little high. But the bridge is easily adjusted and I got it down to "butter" range in less than 30 minutes. No tech needed. Intonation was almost perfect from the factory. Again a slight adjustment on the bridge and the intonation bells were ringing true. Am now looking for the perfect amp for my new mistress. My "58 Harvard is great when I play blues on it, but I'm gonna need a little reverb to make this baby really mellow out Quality: Look close enough (which I have) and you may find a microscopic flaw here or there. But come on, this is a factory made guitar at a great price. So no complaints or concerns. I'm still in the "baby it" phase. But the electronics are solid. No problems with tuners or knobs. I did have one mysterious buzz, which after a little investigation turned out to be the pick guard just needed to be screwed down tighter. Value: I looked at other ES 175 body type guitars and the Epiphone was far and away the best value. Best guitar value I've ever found Manufacturer Support: Not sure about Epiphone. Hope to not have to deal with them. But zzounds were great. They were kind enough to put the guitar in the case before shipping. We had really bad weather the week it was shipped and by the time UPS finally showed up the shipping box was wet and torn up. I was really nervous about what kind of shape the case and guitar would be in. But not a scratch or ding on either one. Also, I called zzsounds about the weather and shipping instructions and they were great. Must be use to nervous musicians, because they were calm, cool and very helpful. The Wow Factor: I have to put this baby back in her case at night, because when she's out on her stand she calls to me like a Siren from Greek Mythology. Everything about this guitar says pick me up and play me. Overall: What else can I say. If you are looking for an ES 15 styled guitar, you HAVE to try the Epi out. I know there are better guitars of this style out there. But not for this price.

"Epi es 175 vs Gigson es 175" submitted March 12, 2012

By Terry Brady in Bayport, NY
Overall
Musical Background: 40 playing, I teach and play gigs.
Music Style: My main style is jazz. I play rock also at gigs.
Overall: I own a Gibson es175. I was recently in a music store in my area that had the Epi version on display. I played it for about an hour and found it to be very comprarable to my Gibson version (which is my favorite of 13 guitars). The possive reviews that I have read about them are quite accurate.

When you call, mention priority code 13ZG-X84K. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976