When you call, mention priority code 154N-2K0D

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone LP Tribute Plus

With a set of genuine Gibson USA '57 Classic humbuckers, this Les Paul wails with fat PAF-style rock tone -- and the flame maple top looks killer to boot.

Overall

"Best 'Bang for the buck' I've ever encountered in an instrument" submitted June 15, 2012

By Johnny B in Portland, OR
Musical Background: Recording Engineer, Composer
Music Style: alt. rock, shoegaze, industrial, metal, progressive rock, jazz, blues
Sound: Simply put, the sound is solid, woody, excellent. I made my twelfth guitar my first Les Paul because the time came to get a workhorse for those studio sessions where my other instruments (all very 'specific' sounding) weren't filling the niche. Since everyone wants the comparison: I've never laid my hands on a Gibson with 57's that sounded any better than this. Feature: Features is where this guitar shines. Practically everything I usually upgrade is already upgraded. Some of it is stuff I usually want to switch out on $800 - $1200 instruments. Absolutely stellar components for a $600 instrument -- and it comes with a great case. I'm confused as to how they managed to pull this off, even considering it is manufactured in China.I suppose the coil tapping is worth mentioning, but meh. It seems most instruments have this feature nowadays. I don't find it particularly useful here because anything less than a p90 sounds kinda wimpy in conjunction with how the LP feels, but that's just me. Provides a few usable extra options for cleans. Ease of Use: Relatively straightforward and simple. Plug it in, fiddle with the knobs, etc. Quality: Very well made. No visible blemishes anywhere. Hardware is all great. Routing was clean. Wiring looked well done. The top is perhaps subtler than in the photos, but that's a good thing imo.But this brings me to the only two issues that I had. The frets were horribly unpolished and the strings were absolute, unusable, garbage. No big deal, really, as these are things that are expected in this price range. I was just a little bit surprised because the rest of it was so well done.How they can upgrade literally everything on it and not spend a few extra bucks for strings... beyond me. Like I said, no big deal, though. Most people chop 'em off for a new-guitar-once-over anyway. Value: This is the best price to gear ratio I've personally ever come across. A very, very nice instrument out of the box for stupid money. Manufacturer Support: Gibson is pretty easy to deal with and usually can answer just about any of the Epiphone-related questions. I've never had to deal with Epiphone directly. The Wow Factor: The upgrades. Definitely can't stop talking about how great of a job they did with selecting components. Overall: One of the smartest audio gear buys I've made in 15 years.

"The best Epiphone I have ever played!!!" submitted May 28, 2012

By Dijuen H in Moreno Valley, CA
Overall
Sound: Good across all styles. At various amounts of gain this thing is a champ. Overall: I'll keep this short and sweet. I paid for two day shipping and the guitar arrived on schedule. When I opened the Epiphone box I was hit with that new hard shell case smell. The case looked great and was packaged tightly. My Midnight Ebony model is gorgeous to my eyes. I have owned a few Epiphone Les Pauls and this one is for me. The action out of the box was great. I had it checked out but was told I didn't need to do anything other than the intonation, which I did myself ( along with a string change ). The 57 classic pickups sound great in this guitar, though I must admit I thought they were a little bright at first. This things can finesse any style I throw at it. The coil tap function is a nice bonus as well. Feels good. Sounds good. Looks good.

"tribute +" submitted January 6, 2013

By drew leitch in lewes, DE
Musical Background: 15 year guitar jam with friends and live
Music Style: blues,vintage rock and roll
Sound: the 57'classics are the best pickups in my opinion.the sound is perfect for me,i play blues and vintage rock and roll.very warm and loud and full sounding. Feature: grover locking tuners are supurb,gibson 57'classics pickups no need to modify anything.least useful feature are push/pull coil split,i just leave it in the full humbucking position for the best sound. Ease of Use: plug it in,dial in tone turn it up.right out of the box it was set up. Quality: high quality instrument,no flaws at all,i put gibson vintage remake strings on it. Value: the value is good,i picked the perfect guitar for me and i am very pleased. Manufacturer Support: never dealt with epiphone/gibson. The Wow Factor: the tones from the pickups are great.the playability of this guitar is great. Overall: i ordered this guitar after several months of investigating it.zzounds had it to me in like 25 1/2 hours.

"My Leslie (60's tribute midnight epiphone Les Paul guitar)" submitted May 2, 2013

By Carl P in Hardy, AR
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing guitar since 1967, I'm 62 now.
Music Style: Rock, blues, ballads....love Led Zeppelin.
Overall: This epiphone is the finest guitar I've ever played and I'm 62 and started playing in 1966. It has Gibson wiring and the original 57 Humbuckers and sounds as good as any "full tilt" Gibson Les Paul I've heard or played myself. It took minor set up to get the fretting super easy and no buzz at all. I paid &549.00 plus tax for mine and wouldn't trade it tomorrow for any guitar I've ever handled. Good luck with you choice, I'm very happy with mine and btw it replaced a 74 model Strat I had played for many years, I will never go back. I got mine at Mazieo's Music 10 miles from St Louis.

"Unbelievable" submitted September 26, 2013

By Allison Chapman in Great Falls, MT
Musical Background: 37 years, guitar
Music Style: Jazz, New Age
Overall: I had written a review last month about this guitar when I had first played it and I feel that I need to write this. Somebody has messed up, somewhere as there is absolutely no way that this guitar is selling for $599. If I had walked into an actual music store and saw this hanging on the wall, I would expect to see a price tag of between $1500-$2000. I've been playing for almost 38 years and this has got to be the best deal I've ever seen. It takes everything I've got to resist the urge to buy another one.

"Best Les Paul I've ever owned" submitted January 30, 2013

By Michael Bellopede in Jacksonville, FL
Music Style: rock, blues, metal
Sound: Solid Mahoghany with 57 pickups...sounds great. Feature: Read the product description for details on the features, this thing has it all. I own guitars 3 times the value of this one with less features. Ease of Use: ^ strings never sounded so good Quality: Top quality parts on all those features I mentioned. I was going to send it back and get a Gibson when the 2013 Gibson models came out, but after playing this instrument I'm keeping it. Value: Good value Manufacturer Support: Moo The Wow Factor: Looks great, sounds great. I might get a 2nd one. Overall: I might get a 2nd one.

"The Epiphone twin to the Gibson Traditional" submitted April 14, 2013

By Adam Z in Fort Worth, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Sound engineer, sound designer and technician.
Music Style: Rock, And Christian mostly. But will play whatever I am asked to play
Overall: I've only had this LP for around 36 hours. But I can already say this is a great guitar. I was looking at the Gibson Les Paul Traditional and Traditional Pro models, the ones that are 2000 dollars and to be honest I couldn't tell the difference in fit and finish between those and these guitar. Besides, the Gibson models don't come in Midnight Sapphire. The Gibson USA 57 Classic pickups sound great. Not has coarse and brash as on the 339 or my SG, more rounded and clean, as they are suppose to, and did back in 1957. Coil tapping is an interesting feature, though most guitars have them these days. The split coils reminded me of my single coils in my 2011 Fender American Standard Stratocaster. All in all, I currently own 10 guitars and have owned around 52 or 53 guitars in the past 17 years and this is one of the best buys(next to my American Strat and Gretsch 5420) that I have ever purchased, hard shell case is a great bonus and the finish is amazing.

"Great Guitar for the Money" submitted June 22, 2013

By Paul T in 76 w penn st, PA
Musical Background: Play at church, Jam at home, etc
Music Style: Classic Rock, Metal, Blues
Sound: Awesome Feature: Lots of usable features Ease of Use: Pretty straightforward, Tweek 'till get your sound Quality: Excellent Value: You get features that are usually found on more expensive guitars Manufacturer Support: Never had to deal with them The Wow Factor: Looks great, Plays great. Get ready for compliments. Overall: Got this several days ago was impressed with it right out of the box. I got the Midnight Sapphire. Fit and finish was excellent. The picture on the website doesn't do it justice. It really is a beautiful guitar. Then I strapped it on and started playing and was even more impressed. The 57 classics have great tone and the series/ parallel switching gives you all kinds of tonal possibilities. Going from a G310 to this was like going from a Yugo to a GT500.

"Good Value, but be prepared to have a little work done to it" submitted October 10, 2013

By Chris B in Gulf Breeze, FL
Overall
Musical Background: In a 3 piece working band that gigs 6-12 times a month. I do vocals and guitar.
Music Style: Classic Rock, Blues, Hard Rock, Country
Overall: I was very impressed with the fit and finish on the Epi. I bought a "blemished" one, the Dark Cherry finish. I thought I would take a chance and save some money since I was planning on using this guitar for gigging, and it's just a matter of time till some scratches and dents are gonna happen. Honestly, other than a very small scratch on the neck pick up cover, I couldn't find any thing else that I would consider a blemish. There was a slight bit of bleed of the red color onto the edge of the binding, but you would never notice that unless you were scrutinizing the guitar and you were very picky. There were a few small scuffs on the case, but I'm sure I will add some more in the next couple of months any way. Nice case by the way, feels rugged and well padded with a nice tight fit. So overall, I think the "blemished" Tribute Plus was a very good value vs. a "brand new" one. Over all, the guitar looks great, with a very nice match of the maple top pieces. Sometimes you see a guitar that the "stripes" on the maple are so far off from each other that it looks terrible. The finish is very nice, with some of the "3-D" effect you see in higher end Gibsons. You would be hard pressed to find another guitar this nice for the same price. The set up it came with met factory specs I suppose, but was a little high for my taste. I did have some fret buzz from a high fret, so I had to have that one lowered a bit when I had it set up. Also, the nut was a bit high, especially for the low E, A and D strings, which caused a bit of intonation issues when fretting on the first fret, but again, I got that taken care of with a professional set up. The neck was perfectly straight, with no twisting, so we added just a touch of relief, and adjusted the bridge down a bit to lower the action. The moral of the story is, plan on taking it to a good luthier and having a pro set up and adjustments done, but you should expect to do that with any guitar you purchase anyway. My guitar tech was a bit skeptical about all the features that the Tribute Plus was supposed to have, so we did some comparisons with a Gibson Les Paul and a Gibson SG, both equipped with classic '57 humbuckers. The wiring in the Epi was different, as well as some of the other electronic parts when compared to the 2 Gibsons, so he remains skeptical that the pickups are just exactly like those in a Gibson Les Paul with classic 57's. Then we did a sound comparison of the 3 guitars with the same amp settings. The 2 Gibsons seemed a bit brighter, and the pick ups a bit more responsive, but the Epi still had a very good sound. The pickups on the the Tribute Plus also seemed to start to break up just a tad sooner then the Gibson's did, but we both agreed that that the Epi sounded pretty close to its more expensive cousins. Also, the series / parallel switching on the 2 tone pots is a really nice feature, as it adds some more variety to the sounds you can get out of the guitar. The only other things I can think of is that the Tribute Plus was not as heavy as a couple of other Gibson Les Pauls that we compared it to, which is fine by me. It still feels very solid and sturdy in your hands.The strap locks that it came with are junk, they shouldn't even bother including those, but that is no big deal, just go buy some real ones.

"I Love This Guitar!" submitted May 8, 2014

By Jonathan Smith in Honolulu, HI
Musical Background: I've been playing guitar for 51 years
Music Style: Blues, rock, Christian
Sound: The sound quality with the '57 Classic humbuckers and traditional style Les Paul construction is everything that I could want from a Les Paul. It is very touch sensitive to pick attack and sounds great in all settings. The Pull Tone know parallel option is nice, but I haven't used it much because I love the full-bore Les Paul sound. Feature: The pickups are amazing, although I was surprised that the neck pickup is a little microphone when it's tapped on with a pick. No biggie. The Locking Grover tuners are fantastic and keep the guitar in great tune, although you need take the time to read how to string them up to make them work properly. I opened up the control cavity and it is beautiful with real CTS pots and big, gray barrel Mallory caps; much better than a Gibson '60's Tribute Les Paul I had which had messy control wiring and little ceramic disc caps. The Switchcraft 3 way and jack are also exceptionally solid and make this guitar feel as good as a real Gibson. Ease of Use: Easy to get great sounds. My only problem has been the weight (traditional weight relief), but welcome to the real Les Paul world. I play through long rehearsals and several shows each week, and I felt it my first time. I've changed my strap to a wider, softer one and that really helps, and I just need to toughen up a little bit. The sound is so worth it! I've been playing a Strats, Teles, and a PRS Starla; so I'm just a little out of shape. : ) Quality: Amazing quality from a Chinese built guitar. Fit and finish perfect. Flame top veneer under some kind of poly finish looks incredible and just like premium plus LP standard. The USA electronics are first class. Value: This is a great Les Paul guitar for $529 with a nice hard case (got a blemished one - but couldn't find the blemish!). I've owned 2 Gibson Standards, 2 Gibson Studios, a Gibson '60's Tribute Goldtop with the P-90's, and this Epiphone is second to none. Manufacturer Support: No need for contact yet. The Wow Factor: The guitar is gorgeous and catches a lot of eyes. Then when they see the headstock, it's like, "Whaaaat?" People wouldn't think of me as playing an Epi. Because the guitar is so good, I'm kind of proud of the fact that it's an Epiphone. I do wish, though, that Epiphone would take on the Gibson headstock shape; just like Squire and Fender have the same headstocks. But again, to me, it's a minor thing, because of the amazing quality and sound of this instrument. Overall: I really wasn't expecting to like this guitar as much as I do. The bottom line is that it is truly an awesome instrument in every way and I have completely fallen in love with it.

"Magnificent" submitted February 5, 2014

By Ilya R in Bellevue, WA
Musical Background: Playing guitar for 8 years
Music Style: Blues, rock
Overall: I am not a guitar expert, but am a long time enthusiast. This is a beautiful guitar (I got it in the faded cherry burst). The 57's sound fantastic, sustain is outstanding, guitar seems well built and is cosmetically breathtaking. This is the best value for the money available anywhere and it's not even close. ZZounds even called me to see how it's playing and if there's anything else they can do. Come on, guys. Don't sleep on this one. First zzounds purchase, certainly not the last. Well done Epiphone and Zzounds!

"Amazing! " submitted May 29, 2014

By K L in Fort Worth , TX
Overall
Musical Background: In a band, lead singer and rhythm guitarist, been playing music for 12 years
Music Style: Alternative rock, hard rock, indie rock
Overall: I finally received mine in black cherry finish today and played her through my Vox Ac30c2. I must say, this guitar puts all of the epiphones I've played in the past to shame. This is as good as my Gibson classic. Buy one of these if you're in the market for a les paul. The finish on mine is flawless! I opened the case and was blown away. All it needed was a minor setup for intonation and new strings. It didn't even have fret buzz like other epiphones typically do. The construction and electronics are solid. I might even buy another in the blue!

"Excellent guitar for the price" submitted August 22, 2012

By ROLFE D in CINCINNATI, OH
Musical Background: been playing for >10 yrs in local bars and at home
Music Style: Heavy metal, rock, blues
Overall: The tone is great! the build is good as well, and it fits my hands perfectly. the 14" fingerboard is just right to play solos or chords. The slim-taper D neck profile also feels awesome. The tone is great considering the pickups are Gibson. Has maple top so adds to the quality of the sound. The push/tap coil pups is a bonus because it gives you more flexibility on the music you play. The only reason why I gave the quality 4/5 is because I needed to clean the fingerboard, lots of dirt, but that's it. Overall I love the guitar!

"Great Guitar Amazing Value" submitted December 1, 2013

By Bruce P in Valencia, CA
Musical Background: Have played guitar for 40 years mostly jam at home
Music Style: Rock and blues
Overall: I got this guitar " blemished " from zzsounds for 450 in the faded cherry finish. When it came all I noticed was a tiny mark on the back. I set it up and lubed the nut and it plays beautifully. The finish is gorgeous and the 57 classic and Classico plus pick ups deliver just the sound I was looking for. All of the hardware is quite good and the 3 way switch is made by switchcraft. Having push pull tone pots to split the coils is great feature as well. It even comes with a nice case! I know the " made in China " thing bothers a lot of people including myself. However I tested a new Gibson Les Paul Standard ( 2200 clams) which I realize is a better guitar.... But not that much better. I can't see how one could be disappointed in this Epiphone at this price point. I would highly recommend this guitar.

"This Guitar is AMAZING!!!" submitted March 12, 2014

By Greg Willard in Bassett, VA
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing music since I was 7.
Music Style: I like it all except for Hip-Hop.
Sound: Crystal clear sound. Has a very nice warm tone to it. Feature: I can't believe they were able to pack this guitar with the features they have at the price. Love the authentic Gibson pickups. Ease of Use: The guitar notes so easily and stays in tune. Feels great in the hand. Love the slim neck. Reminds me of how easy it is to play like my stratocaster. Quality: The quality is amazing. Seems durable and heavy (but not too heavy). Feels like it would last beyond a lifetime if taken care of properly. The finish is so beautiful and shiny I could probably see how to comb my hair in it LOL. Value: It is a steal for the price that is currently offered. Manufacturer Support: Registered my guitar easily on Epiphone's website. Can't beat the lifetime warranty. The Wow Factor: I love the serial/parallel switching on this guitar. Can get a wide range of sounds out of it combined with my Line 6 amp. Overall: The sound is exactly what I have been looking for in a guitar. It can handle everything from crystal clear tones to heavy metal. I had ordered the Black Cherry color from Zzounds and was at first disappointed. It had arrived with a wobbly neck pickup and there were fine hair line scratches all over the back of the guitar. So I contacted Zzounds and they were very friendly. They immediately sent me a shipping label to print out paid for by them and explained to me that as soon as the label was scanned and the product was on it's way, they would ship out my replacement immediately. Well it just so happened that the Black Cherry went out of stock, so I called and told them to change it to my second favorite color Midnight Ebony, and that is what they did. A couple of days later I received my replacement guitar and it was flawless in every way. Even though the first guitar was blemished, it was done so at the factory and was not Zzounds fault. But Zzounds made it right with me and I am very pleased with their service.

"Stunning!" submitted June 25, 2014

By M Campbell in San Diego, CA
Musical Background: Songwriter/Musician/Guitar Slinger
Music Style: Blues, Rock, Traditional R&B, Hard Rock, Americana
Sound: The Gibson USA Classic '57 and Classic '57 Plus humbuckers speak for themselves. If you play rock, hard rock, blues based rock and/or blues, these should be an essential in your arsenal. Combine with a SOLID (no weight relief nonsense here!)mahogany body and carved maple cap...this is the sound you're looking for, kids! I run mine through various Fender amps and the combination of this Les Paul with that Fender amp sound is perfect for my musical styles. I've played around a bit with the coil tapping feature and can see how that will come in handy, especially when recording. It can add several more dimensions to your sound choices. Feature: So many features with this package! if you've been checking her out online or in a retailer, you all ready are familiar with the bells and whistles she's loaded with. But of all the features, I find the incredible craftsmanship on mine to be the most impressive. Ease of Use: As with any new guitar I get, there is that awkward beginning of the courtship period where the two of us need to get used to each other, yet she is quickly feeling like an old friend. The neck is incredibly comfortable and allows great ease of use. My Sheraton II has one of the most unbelievably comfortable necks for me to play. This one has a similar comfort level, yet still has it's own unique feel to it. Quality: Once again the guitar Gods have shined on me with this recent purchase. I expected a blemish here, a rough spot there, but she is flawless. Extremely solid built construction throughout. The frets were all smooth along the edges of the neck. The frets themselves where not rough, as I've read others complain about. All the knobs and switches are secure and even. As I said, the Gods have shined on this one. Value: I would take this over a three to four times priced Gibson, ANY DAY!. If all you did was change the headstock, put on a Gibson logo, that's how much more you'd be paying...and still you'd get a weight relief body! I love my Log! God bless you, Mr. Les Paul! Manufacturer Support: I have contacted Gibson/Epiphone a few times in the past with just general question. Usually takes a few days to get them by e-mail. Epiphone folks are good folks. The Wow Factor: If you're on the fence about whether or not you should buy this guitar, let me make it easy for you: BUY THIS GUITAR! Go on, do it now! Look kids, they won't be around forever and you'll kick yourself when they're gone and you didn't get one while you had the chance. With the good folks at Zzounds, it's very easy to arrange a payment plan so you can get her now, too! (This is not a paid endorsement...I swear!) Overall: In one word: stunning! This is, without a doubt, one of the finest guitars I've ever held in my hands. I've gone over her with a fine tooth comb and marvel at the quality of this beautiful instrument (can you tell I'm in love yet?).

"Best value in the biz, hands down ! " submitted April 1, 2014

By John P in San Jose , CA
Overall
Musical Background: 49 years of playing. Too many guitars to mention. Don't play the clubs anymore.
Music Style: Classic Rock , blues, jazz and Metal.
Overall: Just received my Epiphone Les Paul Tribute in black cherry. Totally blown away ! I've played many nice guitars in my 49 years of playing and I currently own many nice guitars , Jackson's, Fenders, Ibanez, Takamine , Godin etc. I can honestly say this beauty is as good or better than guitars costing 4 to 5 times as much . The quality, appearance , playability and tone AHHH the tone is just incredable . The Gibson 57 Classics are so articulate whether clean or full gain distortion . I can't believe they can sell them at this price. If you are on the fence about buying this guitar, get off and buy it . You will not be disappointed ! As usual Zzounds got this baby to me within a few days and it was on back order to boot ! The only place I will ever buy anything musical from.

"Great value!" submitted January 1, 2014

By Steven D in Live Oak, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar for 23 years, jam at home now. I did not become the great rockstar I envisioned! LOL
Music Style: My main music style is rock/ hard rock, but I enjoy and play blues and classical as well.
Overall: I purchased this guitar about a month ago and have been very pleased. It is a lot of guitar for the money. The pickups are great. The finish is absolutely beautiful. I was hesitant to buy it because of the Epiphone brand usually having cheaper components, but this one is solid and plays as well or better than any Gibson I have ever played. Just my two cents: Don't hesitate, place your order.

"Outstanding Value and Quality" submitted January 30, 2014

By Requiem G
Musical Background: 20+ years doodling
Overall: About as close as an Epiphone can get to a Gibson. Everything about this instrument is top notch, finish, electronics, tone. Anyone considering a LP should try one out.

"Incredible Guitar" submitted March 14, 2014

By George W in Cordova, AK
Overall
Musical Background: Recreational player for 45 years owning a variety of Gibsons and Fenders
Music Style: Country and rock.
Overall: Let me start by saying I received my guitar in three days which you might think is a day late until you understand I live in a remote area of Alaska. Thanks zZounds for the fast delivery. I am by no means a professional player but have owned several guitars including Fender and Gibson's over the past 45 years. The finish, craftsmanship, and overall detail of this LP Tribute was amazing. I was unable to find any flaws. I ordered the faded cherry which is gorgeous! I immediately took the guitar from the box, opened the beautiful hard case, tuned the stock strings and began playing the guitar which felt and sounded amazing. I was worried that the neck would feel fat as older LP's I had played many years ago which I never cared for. This neck felt more like a Gibson SG neck which fit my hand perfectly. The tones and sustain was way beyond my expectations for a $600 guitar. I can't wait see how it plays after I put new strings on it and hear it again. I don't even feel that this guitar needs to be setup as I had no fret buzz as some other customers have sometimes noted. I must be one of the lucky ones. I am also pleased with the strap locks which no one ever talks much about. I am very satisfied with my purchase and have become a new Epiphone player who will be a return customer with Epiphone products and a continued dedicated customer to zZounds.

"Epiphone ....my new favorite Guitar company " submitted March 18, 2014

Musical Background: jam at home
Music Style: country, blues,rock
Quality: broken pot should not have gotten past quality controls or even the point check of Zzounds for that matter . But i don't feel i should take away a star here . the quality of the guitar is very good . The Wow Factor: Took a star away for the wow factor because of the broken pot . Overall: I have to say this is an awesome guitar . I did have to wait because it took awhile to get here from Nevada not from New Jersey . Winter storms slowed delivery a tiny bit . That's not the guitars fault though .I bought the Black Cherry guitar and I must say it is beautiful . This thing plays very nice . I lowered the action just a bit and that is all . It plays smooth and the sound is totally what you want it to be . I have a American Standard Tele and if you pull the knobs this thing sounds surprisingly close to that . There was one small problem . When I opened the box and inspected everything there was one pot that was broken . The knob would just go past the stop and keep turning .. I waited 7 days for this thing to get here no way was I sending it back for something like this . It was a simple fix anyway . I took it apart and reassembled the part made sure the tabs where turned over tightly and we where good to go . Everything works fine . The neck felt thick in my hand at first but it didn't take long for that feeling to disappear once you played for a little while . This is an excellent buy especially with the included case . I have to say its well worth the money .

"The Single Best Guitar Value on Earth!" submitted November 10, 2013

By Robert Gates in Willseyville, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Just an amateur player who has played many years.
Music Style: Rock and Southern Rock
Overall: I am not sure what else to say. This guitar is worth four times what they are asking for it. It is perfect in every way. First, it is gorgeous. I own three different Gibson Les Pauls and my wife and kids think this is much better looking than any one of them. Second, it plays like a dream. Finally, it comes with Gibson 57's in it. They are the best pickups available and almost cost as much as this guitar. I am thinking about getting another in a different color this is such a good deal.

"Black Cherry Les Paul Tribute" submitted May 3, 2013

By Scott L in Girard, IL
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar since I was 13 off and on.
Music Style: Classic Rock
Overall: Overall This Guitar looks great, plays great, sounds great. It took me a long time to find a flaw in the finish. It's just a tiny speck that you have to really get close to even find it. The Switchcraft toggle switch was put in upside down. When the switch was down at treble the neck pickup is on. I just took the round back plate off and loosened the front ring and turned it around so no big deal.

"Very, Very Nice Guitar!" submitted January 12, 2014

By Jeremy Bennett in Bellingham, WA
Overall
Musical Background: 30 years (guitar)
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Folk
Overall: I purchased the black cherry, blemished and took the risk to save $150. It arrived in 5 business days. Honestly, where is the blemish? It looks new and was sealed. First impression, love at first sight. The color exactly what I wanted and expected (beware ipad will show this color lighter). The maple grains show through and are all class. First strum after tuning, okay strings are bad (this seems common with new guitars for some reason). Restrung and wow the guitar opened up. The pickups are awesome and you get such a nice clean sound. This guitar is over half the price of my American Strat, and I stuggled with buying a non USA made guitar. However the value is just such a steal, the tuners are grovers the pickups USA gibsons, the finish is beautiful, the action is great (plays like butter), the sound superb. Some people were saying the case was cheap, but it is not that bad and really and extra bonus anyway. Okay, enough said, this is an awesome guitar by any standards and I have owned some pretty nice ones over the years!!

"WOW" submitted May 11, 2013

By Alan A in Keizer, OR
Overall
Musical Background: professional guitarist for 35 years been playing for 46 years, I play guitar, bass, penny whistle, keyboards.
Music Style: Director of " Messenger Ministries" a music ministry. Have played rock and country
Overall: wow, ordered faded cherry guitar thurs. got it Sat. that alone is amazing. Well packaged, opened it and it was absolutely stunning. Plugged it in and it sounds amazing, easy to use. I adjusted the bridge to a lower position and it's set to perform. I have been playing for more than 40 years and have owned countless guitars including vintage Les Pauls. This is as good as any guitar I've ever performed with. Great value

"Amazing Guitar!" submitted March 28, 2014

By Greg W in Bassett, VA
Overall
Musical Background: Just play for my personal enjoyment and hobby.
Music Style: Almost everything except Hip-Hop, can't stand Hip-Hop.
Overall: I have recently purchased this guitar based on the reviews and watching tons of youtube videos. This guitar is amazing! I like to play a wide range of music and this guitar handles it nicely. I have to admit the first guitar I bought was the Black Cherry model and was cosmetically flawed. I knew that this was beyond zzounds control and was most likely defects from the factory. Called up zzounds and replacement was not an issue. I even changed the color to midnight ebony and zzounds had it to my door in less than a week. Outstanding customer service and they seem to care about their customers satisfaction. Would definitely buy from them again and again.

"Sweet Little Axe" submitted November 19, 2013

By Tony S in Farmingtony, UT
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 20 years, Guitarist and drummer. Strat HSS, Taylor acoustic, and Gibson SG. I am working on new album. SONOR Drums!
Music Style: I play blues, classic rock, psychedelic, and experimental (tunings and field sounds).
Overall: I have played this guitar side by side, since purchasing from ZZSounds, with a Gibson Les Paul Standard and other than the name both myself my lead guitarist cannot tell them apart. We both want to say the Epiphone sounds better but that's because of the $1500.00 price difference. A little string buzz with arriving setup but new GHS Boomers 10.5-48 and a quick truss rod adjustment after a few days acclimation and it was on! Being primarily a Strat guy I have played it exclusively since getting a couple of weeks back and cannot put it down. I play blues, classic rock, and some psychedelic experimental music. ZZSounds has fast shipping, and great price (no tax was nice as well). Hard to go wrong if you are looking for that Les Paul sound but don't want to break the bank. 57 Gibson Humbuckers alone will set you back $300.

"Epiphone Les Paul Tribute Plus ! Awesome!" submitted June 10, 2014

By Robert Stigall in Bristol, VA
Musical Background: Jam at home
Music Style: Rock, jazz
Overall: This is my 2nd Epiphone Tribute plus and my 5th purchase from Zzounds. First of all the midnight sapphire is as stunning in real time as it was in the pictures. It came literally ready to play out of the box! Just a little fine tuning was all I needed to plug it in and play. If you are looking for a true to life Les Paul without shelling out big bucks, the tribute plus is your ticket! With Gibson 57 classic hum buckersW/ coil-tapping on the tone pots it gets the job done! And with flexible payment plans from Zzounds it's an even better value!

"Great buy for the money" submitted August 31, 2013

By michael driggs in west yarmouth, MA
Musical Background: 12 years playing, non professional
Music Style: rock, metal, blues
Overall: Let me start by saying, the shipping was incredible! I OPTED FOR THE STANDARD ground shipping, and within 24 hours, i had my epiphone! Friday morning I ordered, and here it is Saturday and I am playing my new les paul, Standard shipping mind you... wow,As for the guitar, I own a Gibson Paul traditional, and this Epi, is very similar in sound, the difference is in tone, the Gibson is a tad bit brighter For the money this is a real deal though, With mods, there is a way to make this sound as good as the gibson model. definitely suggest buying it. ZZounds is the best!

"epiphone tribute plus les paul " submitted November 3, 2013

By Billy ,T in Weymouth, MA
Overall
Musical Background: Played since i was a kid just switched to electric guitar I love it
Music Style: Blues rock
Overall: Absolutely beautiful guitar zzounds is amazing had guitar in one day most. incredable tone ive ever heard. imaculate. out of the box thank you zzounds

"Just a beautiful guitar!" submitted March 23, 2014

By Robert L in Homosassa, FL
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing for four years.
Music Style: Blues, Classic Rock
Overall: I bought the Epiphone Les Paul Tribute, and I'll never regret it. I love this guitar. I got the dark cherry and it is absolutely gorgeous. Everything is done to perfection. The pickups sound great, the Grover tuners work perfectly, and the sustain is incredible. I opened up the wiring compartment and found CTS pots! It also has a very fast neck, thin and flat. Epiphone hit a home run with this guitar.

"The best Epiphone out there" submitted January 27, 2014

By James Bailes in Apopka, FL
Musical Background: recreational
Music Style: Blues, blues/rock, classic rock
Sound: Overall, the sound is warm, thick and fat in humbucker mode. With the tone pots pulled up, the volume is decreased a bit with more of a glassy nuance to the sound, like higher output noiseless single coils. It has that signature Les Paul tone. If you put the toggle switch in the middle position and experiment with the volume and tone knobs, you can come up with quite a wide array of tones. Feature: As I understand it, only the body and neck were made overseas. Everything else is Gibson USA. Ease of Use: I personally would have preferred a bigger neck, but that's not really a mark against it. Quality: Certainly the highest quality Epiphone I've ever owned. And I've owned a few. The flame maple is gorgeous. The finish is beautiful with no blemishes. The entire "fit" of the guitar is tight and rock solid. Excellent tonal transfer. Heavy guitar. Value: Outstanding value for the money by any standard. Manufacturer Support: Not applicable The Wow Factor: This is the best sounding instrument I own. I've had Gibsons that didn't sound this good. Definitely a keeper. May even get another one at some point. Overall: The best Les Paul tones at a fraction of the price

"Far Out!" submitted August 19, 2013

By Allison Chapman in Great Falls, MT
Musical Background: 37 years plus, Jazz, new age
Overall: The only issue with this guitar is that it's made in China and there are quality issues as a result of this fact. Some of the chrome hardware is pitted, and this would not happen if this instrument was made in America. Very impressed though with the finish and the faded cherry stain as it's stunning. Also in my 37 years of playing and having owned 50 plus guitars, this has one of the easiest playing necks I've ever played. The way that this guitar looks, sounds and plays, I get the feeling that the $599 price is way too low, almost like these just fell off the back of a truck somewhere. This has got to be the best guitar deal ever, and all of you kids out there need to take notice of this deal before it's gone forever.

"Awesome guitar period" submitted June 16, 2014

By Robert M in Kennesaw, GA
Overall
Overall: This guitar is an absolutely astounding guitar and the features for the price are truly amazing. This instrument has a great sound a little on the deeper muddy side with a great choice of on board effects pickup switching and usage. The construction is very very nice with an absolutely great neck head unit and body the only issue I can see is it is a little on the heavy side.

"Epiphone Les Paul Tribute 1960 Plus Guitar" submitted March 2, 2014

By Shawn P in plymouth, PA
Musical Background: Been playing 35 years play professionally
Music Style: Rock,and country
Overall: This Guitar Is the best out there at this price it got the Switchcraft toggel switch 57 Gibson pickups coil tap Gibson wireing 500k pots what more can you ask for best deal and sound out there very happy

"Great Guitar" submitted December 2, 2013

By Terry Y in Boynton Beach, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing for over 30 years.
Music Style: Rock n Roll
Overall: The Epiphone Les Paul Tribute Plus is a great sounding guitar. Set up fine outta the box. zZounds is my new musical store.

"Great Guitar" submitted March 13, 2014

By Travis M in Uniontown, PA
Musical Background: I've played guitar about 5 years just as my own hobby
Music Style: metal, rock, country, bluegrass, blues
Overall: My guitar arrived in perfect condition no damage at all. The guitar itself has a great all around sound no matter what your style! I can play rock, metal, blues, country, or whatever my mood. Great versatility, playability, and sound! You will not be disappointed!

"Epiphone Les Paul, FCB." submitted May 1, 2013

By Brian M in medford, MA
Overall
Musical Background: Just a jam at home and with friends type of guy...
Music Style: ROCK&ROLL
Overall: I must say I got this ax thinking I would return it. I have a Gibson Standard Les Paul, and the new Midtown custom. Also three USA Stratocasters . I have never had an overseas guitar. I did some research and thought I would give the Tribute Plus a try do to the pickups and the hard carved top and the weight. Also liked that it had locking tuners and a case. Well after a few beers and not to much thought I went for the Faded Cherry. I ordered her at around 2pm on Mon and she was at my door on Tue at 10am!!!! This is my third ax from ZZounds and it was the fastest!!!! Now for the guitar. First it looks just AWESOME.... I have found only one very small paint problem, it may even be just a small knot in the wood, but its very small. The neck feels great, its just a bit thinner that my Gibson. The frets are very well done and the fingerboard feels smooth, but I can tell its new just needs some playing time. Needs new strings but thats just what I do to all my guitars. The knobs feel good sound is great I do not like the strap locks I put Dunlop on her.Its a heavy ax but thats what I wanted. I play through a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and she sounds GREAT!!!!!! I think she is a KEEPER. Yes its not a Gibson but its up there with my 900$ Gibson. I got two Gibson SG that I had to return do to some very bad paint and chips and dings I gave up on the SG also had to send back one Midtown but got a sweat one for a return. ZZounds is great they help me out returning the others and I will be back for more. The Epiphone Les Paul that I got is a very nice guitar. If your looking for a nice ax that wont break the bank you might want to look into this model....

"Epiphone at its finest!" submitted January 13, 2014

By Sean C in Blountville, TN
Overall
Musical Background: been playing 25 yrs and have had 4 Les Pauls (3 epi's and a Gibson)
Music Style: Classic rock
Overall: I was very impressed with the sound straight out of the box, and the neck is perfect. It has great sustain and nice action.

"It will knock your socks off" submitted April 30, 2013

By Christopher B in Chicago, IL
Musical Background: Professional for 10 years
Music Style: Blues, Funk, Soul, Jazz, Gospel...
Overall: This is a great value guitar with a whole lot of bite! I can get a lot of tone from both the humbucker and single coil settings.

"Good" submitted March 7, 2014

By Derrick K in Liberty, MS
Overall
Musical Background: 6 months on a Yamaha apx 500 and I wanted to upgrade to an electric and at home and school
Music Style: Country,rock,and blues
Overall: Everything was good ordering.Very good customer service.anybody that plays any kind of guitar this is by far one of the best.

"Perfect" submitted May 21, 2014

By Ali Cast in Perris, CA
Overall
Overall: Bought the "blemished" one. but didn't see the blemish. But I saw that there was fret bussing, but that was easily fixed

"Excellent guitar!" submitted January 13, 2014

By Andrew L in Brattleboro, VT
Music Style: Many different styles
Overall: Awesome guitar. All I had to do was change strings.

"Great job EPIPHONE" submitted June 13, 2013

By Stephen Worthington in Cloverdale, IN
Musical Background: Been playing out since the early 80's
Music Style: Play what ever is required for the group I am with. I lean towards hard rock styles but do play other genre often. Instuments..
Overall: Picked this up as a Blemished item because the price was right and I really have been missing my Epi Les Pauls. When I pulled it out of the case and and the guitar was in perfect tune I started to worry. So started looking at it pretty close to see it I would be sending it back right away.... the neck recess was a full 1/8 of an inch. this was enough to make the string height the same at the 12th and 22nd frets. Then I noticed that the truss rod allen wrench was missing..... Cosmetically the Case and the instrument were it like new shape so I was thinking this was a customer return for mechanical reasons....To make a long story short I broke out my setup kit and went to work hoping that the guitar was so poorly setup due to operator error and that was the case. The frets needs polished and probably could have been first crowned. Not sure why the frets looked like they had been leveled and not completely finished but that is how they looked to me. The setup I have on it now is pretty aggressive with neck recess 0.002, string height bass side 4/64 treble side 3/64. the Instrument is very playable the way it is now, it has very little buzz playing it pretty hard (can't hear it in the amp). Tonally this Les Paul is superior to the the two I have had in the past in both quality and flexibility. It is a little bit heavy but not too bad. Sustain is awesome! It hangs right in there with my neck thru guitars Schecter and B.C. Rich and was far longer than my earlier Les Pauls. The neck is a dream to play and makes you want to keep playing ...it is dope I am sure. I think This will be my number one for the next gig in two days and several to follow. I have many really good playing and sounding guitars and this Les Paul is as good as any in my GAS powered arsenal and has it's own very special and distinct sound and personality. All this and a nice hard shell case, locking tuners, and strap locks to boot.. I highly recommend getting one of these especially if you know how to set your guitar up and polish your frets. I found only the most minor flaw in the finish and I am not seeing why this was a blem other than maybe a customer return.

"Overall a great guitar" submitted June 11, 2012

By Jesse Gossmann in Salt Lake City, UT
Musical Background: Jam at home
Music Style: Classic Rock, Blues
Overall: I got the black cherry model. The guitar looks great and sounds good too. I did have a couple issues though. At first I thought the the shafts for the tone and volume knobs were bent because all but one of them wobbled extreamly bad. It turns out they just were not pressed on to the shafts streight and I took them off and put them back on and now there is no issue with that. There was also string buzz at first and that went away over a couple days of constant tuning. The action is good but could be a litter faster. Some of the strings are binding at the nut but I am positive the Big Bends Nut Sauce will fix most of these issues along with a good setup. All of these issues are minor and I am happy I got this guitar. Just dont expect miricles out of the box without a proper setup.

"guitar" submitted February 27, 2014

By Alberto Castillo in McClure, OH
Musical Background: 3 years home
Music Style: reck
Overall: great sound

"A Whole Lotta Guitar for the Buck!" submitted March 27, 2014

By Dave S in Columbus, OH
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing for about a year - and have a Fender Strat and a Fender SuperChamp amp
Music Style: Blues/Rock
Overall: I have always found myself leaning towards the bigger brand names in guitars (Fender/Gibson/etc), and I found myself wanting to get a new guitar the last few months. I waited for the 2014 guitars to start streaming through - as I had my eye on a Gibson LPJ with the zebra humbuckers in the guitar. Once they were finally released and I had a chance to play it - I was not as impressed as I thought I would be - knowing that it is an entry level Gibson - I still "thought" it would play like a Gibson should. It was ok - but not "wow". I was told about the Epiphone Les Paul Tribute and I should try that one for a "wow" factor. I pulled the trigger and ordered one from ZZounds this past month. WOW is an understatement!! I am shocked how well the construction and sound of this guitar is! Pretty near flawless - with some extremely nit picky things on my end - it is a beautiful guitar to the sight and ears! If you are thinking about one - put your worries to rest on this guitar - it is well worth the money (AND you get a very nice case too with it)!

"Good value" submitted August 24, 2012

By Scott F in Lansing, MI
Overall
Musical Background: Amature guitar. 20 years.
Music Style: All of the above.
Overall: Good sound. Solid build. Love the neck shape. Even has a nice case and strap locks. It's not a Gibson, but it's pretty darn close.

"Good Value" submitted April 17, 2013

By Eric N in Hopland, CA
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing for 35 years and I still suck, but that doesn't keep me from spending far too much money on gear.
Music Style: Midwestern reggea
Sound: The Gibson pickups are the selling point here - far better than the stock Epiphone pickups. Feature: Of course the materials are not going to be of the quality that a real Gibson would have, and the finish isn't the 9,000 coat nitrocellulose that they put on in Tennessee. However the Gibson USA Classic '57 pickups, real Switchcraft toggle and jack, and locking Grovers are what make this a step up from the basic Epiphone LP models. Ease of Use: I had to re-string and set-up the guitar out of the box - this is hit-or-miss with Epiphone as I also have their Nighthawk copy and it was perfect as-shipped. But that one was from Indonesia and this one is from China so maybe that's the difference. The biggest problem was a poorly mounted neck pickup: one of the adjustment springs was bent and half-on/half-off the adjustment screw. I had to remove the plastic mounting frame and re-mount the pickup. These issues were just plain sloppy assembly on Epiphone's part. But since I'm comfortable with doing this kind of adjustment myself it was only about 30 minutes of work to set things right. The action on this thing is not the soft butter you get with a $2k Gibson, but it would be unrealistic to expect that. It's a damn good copy, though. Quality: Except for the set-up and the poorly mounted neck pickup this is a fairly good quality instrument. The neck is nice and the frets are well-dressed. There are issues: the "rosewood" fingerboard is one of the weirdest-looking pieces of "rosewood" I've ever seen, with streaks of light brown and tan running through it. There is also a dark powder residue on it that gets on your fingers - probably from the staining to make it look like real rosewood. I wiped the fingerboard down with a very lightly dampened cloth and that has got rid of most of it. Also there are the cheap volume and tone pots and the cheap speed knobs that are on them. I will probably replace both. Value: For the price this is a very good value, especially for a "casual" guitar for someone who isn't going to make playing their life's work. This would be an excellent beginner's guitar. It comes with a great case - definitely a step up from Epiphone's $90 model that I got for my Nighthawk. So - a well-made guitar with great pickups and a great case for $600 - what's not to like about that? Manufacturer Support: I haven't dealt with support since what problems there were I could deal with myself. I never know what to rate this if I have no contact with them, but I'll give Epiphone the benefit of the doubt and give 3 stars as a sort-of wishy-washy compromise. The Wow Factor: I chose the Midnight Sapphire finish just because I have a Pearl Strat and a Honeyburst Nighthawk and a brown Melody Maker - so the flamed blue is something different. It doesn't grab your eyeballs and yank them out of your head like a real Gibson with all those coats of nitro would do, but it looks damn good and the finish is well done. It's glossy and sexy and we all want that. Overall: This is as close as you can get to a real Gibby LP for $600.

"Epiphone Les Paul 1960 Tribute Plus" submitted May 8, 2012

By Richard R in Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Overall
Musical Background: Forever n00b guitarist jams at home.
Music Style: rock, hard rock, but will play anything
Overall: When this guitar arrived, I was underwhelmed by the plus top but everything else is superb! This "feels" right in your hands, the tone options with the Gibson USA hardware and the push-pull / series-parallel pot switches are as sweet as can be.The locking-tuners are great! The nut is actually a very nicely cut and contoured nut. I did have to do a proper setup on this, but the again, I haven't bought a guitar that I didn't have to do a setup.Ordering and shipping went without a problem. For what it's worth, I probably would be just as happy without the Plus top, and a $100 in my pocket.

"Les Paul Tibute" submitted December 2, 2013

By Christopher F in Phoenix, AZ
Overall
Overall: X-cell-ant buy

"Can't get enough." submitted September 9, 2013

By Freddy S in Lincolnton , NC
Overall
Musical Background: Have played most my life, mostly as a keyboardist but always wanted to play guitar.
Music Style: Rock, blues, country, and some jazz.
Sound: When I first plugged this guitar in the power of the 57 classic pickups was impressive,and it took me a while to dial her in. But when I got things set write it was sound heaven, you don't need to over drive these pups. Its one guitar that lets you use the Vol, and tone the way it should be, Vol down low nice and creamy crack it up to 6 , 7, and everything hits hard, up to 10, blow the walls down. Feature: Best features are what's put into the making of this guitar, solid body that's heavy, locking tuners, USA 57 classic pickups, sweet 60, s neck that is fast and easy to play. Ease of Use: Everything was kelp simply about this one, and I love that. No digital this and that, just a great playing guitar. Quality: Quality is some of the best I have seen, I have not found one pent ding or dang on this one. This guitar is very well made, heavy and solid you can look into the Finish and it's a deep looking finish that's nice and warm feeling. All the hardware on her looks great no shortcuts on this one. Value: It's worth more than you pay, Thanks Epi for a great guitar. Manufacturer Support: Not sure, The Wow Factor: The Wow factor is as good as it gets, when I start playing I have a hard time putting her down. When you can play a guitar for hours and don't want to stop, that's a fine guitar. No hand fatigue you just want to play on and on, love this one. Overall: I have not had this guitar one week and I can't stop playing her, its one of the best guitars I have had the pleasure of playing. I got the ultra lll back some time and had to send it back because of BAD buss, and crappy QC. So to me this is my first Les Paul and she is great, I'm so glad I took the chance and got this guitar. Look I'm sure you have read reviews of all the good things on this guitar buy till you try one you just want know what everyone is going on about.

"Trifecta" submitted July 24, 2014

By Chris M
Musical Background: total noob
Music Style: Classic rock, metal and maybe whatever Balinese reggaeton is.
Overall: Only buy this guitar if you are interested in: good sound, good looks and good feel. No better guitar bargain out there I think. I got it used but in like-new condition. Only knock would be that the warranty is not transferrable.

"Trifecta" submitted July 24, 2014

By Chris M
Musical Background: total noob
Music Style: Classic rock, metal and maybe whatever Balinese reggaeton is.

"Epiphone LP 1960 Plus" submitted April 13, 2014

By Don B in McKinney, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Newbie kind of have been messing around for years
Music Style: rock, blues
Overall: I have had this guitar for three weeks or so and the small e string tuning peg broke last night. I was actually loosening the string. Knob turns peg doesnt. I am contacting ZZ today to see what the options are. The finish and build seems good, but I am concerned about the quality of the hardware at this point.

"Plays so great, " submitted September 18, 2013

By Freddy S in Lincolnton, NC
Overall
Musical Background: MY LIFE, Piano or keyboardist, started guitar a while back after a bad fall left my right hand not the same.
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Jazz, And some county, love to write my own music to.
Overall: Ok, I'll be Completely honest, I have been playing Strat and Schecter for the most part. Back some 5.months ago I got the Epi Les Paul Ultra lll, I was sent one of the worst guitars ever, it had real bad fret buss, lots of nicks and dings and the neck looked Terrible. But I liked the guitar it was just a bad one that got through QC, after reading about the 60s.tribute I Faber it a try. And I'm so happy I did, it's one of the best playing and sounding guitars in my Collection. The neck feels great on this guitar one of the best I have played, and USA 57 classic pickups with a nice case to keep her safe.

When you call, mention priority code 154N-2K0D. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976