When you call, mention priority code 12CP-RPLC

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone Les Paul Plain

Get Les Paul sound for less! This Epiphone gives you a flat, non-carved maple top on a mahogany body, and alnico humbuckers with individual volume and tone.

"Trading 4bills for $1,000" submitted May 9, 2006

Music Style: Emo, Indie, Acustic, Progressive
Sound: The humbuckers pick up screaming highs and mellow lows. Feature: THe toggle wwitch from Trebble to Rythym and combination is a great feature that fits well with many styles Ease of Use: Tone controls help to modify to your liking. Extremly playable axe that is very forgiving and the raised bridge makes it a breezs for soloing. Quality: Solid glued neck gives is a one piece feel. It just so beautiful i fear i may dent or scratch it. Value: for 4bills there isnt anything better!!!!!!!!!! The Wow Factor: THe wood grain and color on the acutual guitar is 1,000 times better than the website does justice to it. Buy the Honey burst!!!! Overall: FOREVER
21 of 22 people (95.45%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great Epiphone Les Paul. Well worth the money." submitted October 28, 2008

Musical Background: Hobbyist, collector
Music Style: Everything
Sound: This guitar has a really good sound with the stock pickups. I did replace the stock pickups with a pair of Gibson 496R and a 500T ceramic picks. Now the sound is amazing. Feature: The guitar come with the 2 vols and 2 tones just like a Gibson. Ease of Use: Very easy to play. I did lower the bridge to my liking. Quality: Excellent quality! The finish is perfect. I did change the strings, cleaned and lemon oiled the fretboard, adjusted the bridge and adjusted the intonation. I did find a couple of loose nuts. One on the bridge vol pot and the other on one of the tuning keys. I should be noted that any guitar I purchase, I set it up, check everything to ensure tightness and clean it. This guitar was very decent right out of the box for most players. This guitar is heavy. 10 pounds! Just like the old Les Pauls. Value: Is is one of the best values around. In the February 2007 issue of Guitar Player Magazine, they ran an Epiphone Les Paul against a Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul. Needlees to say the Epiphone stood its ground and was consideredan excellent value at 10 times less than the Gibson cost. Manufacturer Support: No support called or will be called. I upgraded the pickups which voids the warranty. I am a luthier so any work to be done I would do it myself. The Wow Factor: This guitar looks greats and is as good as any Gibson Les Paul. Overall: I am completely satisfied with this guitar. With that said, I'm sure I will buy additional guitars. I am a luthier and a collector. This is just one of many guitars that I own.
45 of 48 people (93.75%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Excellent guitar for the money. A real value." submitted January 25, 2013

By Jason R in Oklahoma City, OK
Overall
Musical Background: Playing music for 6+ years, guitar casually for four years and more seriously for 1 year.
Music Style: Rock, metal, Blues
Sound: The sound of this guitar is quite good. The tone is very clear when I want it to be, and very crunchy and fat when I want . Sustain is impressive. I feel it suits my favored musical styles (Rock/Metal/Blues) extremely well. Feature: I would still consider myself to bit at best an intermediate in playing skill, but I am very well-versed in the hardware and am a avid do-it-yourself man. The features of this guitar are more than adequate for my playing skill and I have had much better guitar players complement the features of this piece. Ease of Use: Ease of use is stellar. I find the guitar to be quite heavy and the neck to be rather thick, but that is by design and is reflected in the design. I do not get frustrated by the hardware like I have by some other lower or similarly priced guitars. I sometimes find my technique lacking rather than the tool. Quality: This guitar appears to extremely well made. The quality control is excellent and, frankly, higher than I would consider at this price point. Access to the internals is easy and the product is beautiful. The finish is impressive and I have received many complements and comments from guitar teachers and seasoned guitar players on this guitar. Value: This guitar seems to be an extremely good value. It is a hard place to be when selling at somewhere between budget and high-end, but I think this guitar will serve me well for years to come. Overall, a quality product at it's price point and beyond. Manufacturer Support: I have no experience with Epiphone support, so I cannot comment. The Wow Factor: I was quite pleased with this guitar when I opened up the package. The finish was beautiful and I felt a stir of pride knowing that I had a similar piece of equipment that my favorite artists such as AFI and From Autumn to Ashes play. The Les Paul Standard is a gorgeous guitar and when it is not being played, it hangs on my wall like a piece of art. Overall: I was extremely impressed when I received this guitar several months ago. The guitar came out of the box set up reasonably well. I find the guitar to provide very good tone for the price (or beyond) and I do not think there is a better guitar at this price. I previously played a similarly priced Jackson and while the neck was much faster, I felt the action was poor and the tone was lacking. I feel the same way about similarly priced Stratocasters, but that is personal opinion (though they get extremely nice as you increase the price point).

"who needs to spend 2500 on a guitar that you play in bars and clubs" submitted September 21, 2009

Music Style: rock, blues, 80's hair band, hard rock
Sound: the sound is incredible i love the deep tones of les pauls and the set neck. best part is the sustain you get, you can hit a note and it will ring into next week Feature: love where les paul puts the tone switch easy access while i am playing separate volume and tone knobs for each switch position Ease of Use: plug in adjust amp until you get the tone you want, i like all knobs turned all up and adjust amp to that no confusion to where i had knobs previously Quality: epiphone makes some quality guitars some parts seem to wear a little more input jack came loose all the time on my first one until i put some lock tight on it, head stock will break very easily if you hit it hard, my old one took a fall from a guitar stand and broke head stock clean off getting it fixed now so i will have 2 rockin guitars Value: you get a whole lot of guitar for the price of these guitars solid body Manufacturer Support: believe it or not epiphone and gibson are under one company you pay for the gibson name and as i understand gibson quality control has gone down hill, if you look up epiphone.com you will find it's a gibson site The Wow Factor: they make these in great colors i have heritage cherry burst and vintage sunburst, plus they have one that is the coolest guitar color i have ever seen SILVER BURST Overall: this is the second one i have owned the first one is in shop getting repaired for broken head stock, i play these guitars on a daily basis, i travel around and play shows with and practice with the band twice a week for 4-6 hrs. they will hold up if you take care of them, i recommend a hard shell case my first one never left case until i played it and neither will the new one

"If you want a guitar that will take the abuse and special treatment- look no further and just buy this! Everything from it's gre" submitted November 10, 2011

Musical Background: 13 years of Guitar playing- Academically and Personal
Music Style: A little bit of everything
Sound: It's got a nice warm tone, very responsive to the licks I throw at it. Feature: I purchased this guitar in the Heritage Cherry finish, the last one available, and I must say it's very impressive. The humbuckers are pretty good considering the price range this guitar is in. It doesn't weigh heavy at all considering the Les Paul style. Ease of Use: This is a very playable guitar. The fret board is super comfortable to reach for notes on. Quality: You can't beat the quality Epiphone throws at you with this guitar. It's a great value for the money you're paying. The hardware seems to be the type that will hold up well to beating. Value: Try comparing this guitar to other guitars in the same price range/style- Can't find one? Yeah, that's because this guitar beats all in value. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to contact Epiphone/Gibson in regards to this product but I did have to contact zZounds since when I received the guitar, my high E string was popped(I bought this new). I was very appreciative that they assured me and sent a new set of strings my way. So in this case, zZounds is an amazing company to do business with- I just wish they'd be in my neck of the woods. The Wow Factor: This is a definite "I want it"! Just check this guitar out in person so you'd know what I mean. Overall: I plan on getting many happy years of playing time from this guitar. I sure hope it's not lost or stolen but if it were- I'd probably replace it with another one or perhaps might just upgrade to a Gibson(despite the quality being just about the same).

"KICKASS AXE" submitted September 30, 2011

By a customer from kingcon.com
Musical Background: Hobbyist and Active Musician
Music Style: Rock,Metal,Classic Rock,Blues
Sound: This a very good guitar,a very nice looking one too. It has a very deep tone to it which is good especiall if you are into playing hard rock or metal. For playing clean you might want to lower the bass and raise the treble to get more of an acoutic kind of melody sound. I like to play evreything from Metallica and Pantera to the Beatles and CCR. This guitar covers pretty much all of it. It has excellent sustain and is very comfortable to play. This is my fourth guitar now and definitely the highest end one I have ever own. Feature: The only main accessory included was a ten foot cable and a neck adjusting allen wrench. I was hoping for a gig bag with it but, oh well. The features are excellent. The toggle switch and the volume and treble knobs are very nice. All the components are good quality and the one peice mahogony body and neck is awesome. Ease of Use: You can get great sounds from this guitar. I especially recommend it to those of the HARD&HEAVY persuasion. For playing clean it may take a little calibrating with the treble,bass,and tone but still sounds excellent. Quality: In my opinion this poruct is grade A, and the finish is beautiful. My only complaint is the pick guard is really cheap. Overall it is a great intermediate level guitar. Excellent for the price. Overall: I expect this to be my main peice for a long time to come.

"Really sweet, nicelooking, badass guitar!" submitted March 4, 2012

By Greg K in Huntington, WV
Overall
Musical Background: Been jamming at home alone and out with friends for around 25 years. I have 2 Ibanez's and an Epiphone Les Paul Special 2.
Music Style: I play classic rock, hard rock, heavy metal and thrash.
Sound: The sound is great. Clear as a bell. Clean. Smooth. Feature: Most useful features are the mahogany wood used and beautiful paint. Least would be the orangish-brown knobs. Knobs should be the completely cylindrical, clear, black ones which I intend to buy. Ease of Use: Once you have begun to master the art of guitar this will be the only guitar you will ever need. Of course anyone with a love for the guitar will own at least half a dozen regardless. Myself included. Quality: Solid guitar. Will last forever if taken care of. Value: It's worth every bit of its m.s.r.p. I've seen copies go higher than that. Manufacturer Support: Never needed support from seller or manufacturer. The Wow Factor: It's sleek and sexy. Made to rock out. I would'nt change a thing but the knobs. Overall: I have to say, the more I seen the Les Paul Standard's picture in the black color, the more and more unimpressed I had become. Then I finally decided on it because I almost knew I couldn't go wrong with a Les Paul. Besides, all the other colors were already gone. I would've had to backorder. I wasn't about to do that. But when I finally received it which only took like 2 days free shipping I might add, man it was downright bad to the bone people. I was taken aback. It was beautiful. The sound is everything you could expect from a guitar. If your having doubts about it, don't. If your thinking about shelling out a few thousand k for a Gibson, fine , do it, but you don't have to if your looking for a real Les Paul with sound and quality because this guitar has all of that and more.

"epiphone les paul line is fine!" submitted January 11, 2012

By a customer from stsystemsinc.com
Musical Background: 40 years-guitar-banjo-mandolin
Music Style: southern rock and country
Sound: very happy with the quality. very playable guitar. i have played the gibson les paul, and i really cannot see or feel that much of a difference in the two guitars. simply cannot be beat for the money,period. Feature: very satisfied ! Ease of Use: sounds great with most any amp. very playable. i can't wait to start experimenting with different strings ect. Quality: built very well. i plan to leave it to my son, who also plays. Value: outstanding value in my opinion. Manufacturer Support: had no problems. did not need to call anyone. The Wow Factor: great product. Overall: i will always have it. if i lost it, i would replace it with the same it was still available.

"My First Electric Guitar, and by far, Still my Favorite." submitted September 3, 2007

Musical Background: Expieranced Player
Music Style: Rock, Jazz, Blues
Sound: This guitar has the most robust sound that I have heard. I have played many guitars in it's class, but this guitar stands out far above the others. I would Recommend this guitar for the sound alone. Feature: This guitar came with a 8' cord to hook it up to an amp, but other than that, there aren't that many features. Ease of Use: When I got this guitar, the action was just about right. A little adjustment and it played like a dream. I was amazed that It stayed in tune during shipping. Quality: This guitar is great, but I noticed two things. First, the pickup switch seems cheap, It wiggles from side to side as well as up and down. Second, under the bridge, the varnish didn't get applied there, and I can feel and see bare wood. Other than that, this guitar is great. Value: This guitar's value exceeds many other guitars in it's class. With the addition of new, better pickups, this guitar could easily exceed many others far above it's price range. The Wow Factor: This guitar has very easy playability. I like the way the neck feels better than a fender or any other guitar that I've played. The guitar is a bit on the heavy side, but the stunning tone that this guitar produces quickly makes you forget about the weight. Overall: This, being my first guitar, has performed better and sounded better than any other guitar that I have since purchased. I would recommend this guitar to anyone.

Epiphone Les Paul Plain Customer Review submitted May 29, 2011

Overall
Sound: this is a pretty versatile guitar. I usually play blues, jazz, and alternative but trust me it will play whatever you want. From deep tones to bright clean runs Feature: alnico pickups, grover tuners, 2 tone, 2 volume, trap inlays, solid mahogany body w/ a set neck. Everything comes together nice. I will say this though. I thought having grover tuners would be a good thing but as soon as i got it one of the tuners just quit working. Not a big deal just wasn't expecting it to happen so fast. Other than that i have had no problems. Ease of Use: The sounds you get out of this are great. The only downfall that i don't like about it is that the neck sits into the body a little more than i would like making it difficult sometimes to hit those high notes from the 17th fret to 22. It came with everything setup like i like it. As for a learning curve with it....maybe a little. But i have been playing a G-400 which has a lot more room on it. So it just took a little getting used to. Quality: As for quality. i think this guitar is very reliable. When i play gigs i use this and my G-400. But if something were to happen to my G-400 like i broke it or left it at home. I would still play w/o a backup. I've had mine for about a year and i play the hell out of it. Never had any issues other than the tuner peg. I bought the honeyburst finish which is beautiful. No blemishes at all. The flame top sits on the body flawlessly. You can't get away from the weight of it though. I think it weighs right around 10 pounds. Feels like it will take a beating and keep on going. My opinion is that it will last down to my grandkids. Even though it weighs 10 pounds it pretty balanced. Th e neck doesn't want to fall to the ground and the body doesn't want to pull out of your hand to much. Value: well worth the money. Overall: if it were stolen i would replace it immediately.

"Love at first site!" submitted August 23, 2010

By a customer from verizon.net
Music Style: Jazz, R&B, Blues
Sound: The sound just jumps out of the amp. Chords have more body and the notes ring out clear. Feature: The dual volume and tone controls allows you modify the sound the way you like it. Ease of Use: Very easy to use, just plug it in turn a few knobs and play. Quality: The feel, look, fit, finish and sound says quality. Value: The best buy for the money. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had a need for any support so far but I feel that looking at the quality of the product they will stand behind their product. The Wow Factor: Ebony is just pure sexy. The beauty of this guitar jumps out at you when you open the case. I have always loved this guitar. Overall: I plan to have this guitar for a long time even though I plan to buy an american stat later on. This has always been my first love.

"What the hell you waitin for get one !" submitted July 6, 2006

Overall
Sound: The Guitar sounds great,Ive tuned down mine half a step and it sounds even better. I beleave the guitarist "Slash" also tunes his down half a step to make it squeel more Feature: I like the overall feel of the guitar, howver i wish it didnt have a scratchplate. but thats just because im fussy Ease of Use: I find the guitar sounds alot better than my fender strat. it sounds alot stronger and you can realy hear the string bends. Quality: not much to say here realy .. is of a great quality Value: For the price you carnt go wrong. the gibson les pauls are over a grand a piece and ur only realy paying for the name there realy. The Wow Factor: I personaly bought the guitar because my favourite guitarist "Slash" plays les paul guitars and i wanted somthing with a simial apeal Overall: i probably wont buy another guitar now. unless i win the lottery and can afford a proper gibson les paul. but overall im very pleased with the guitar
15 of 17 people (88.24%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"EPIPHONES HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP KNOCKS OUT THE COMPETITION" submitted July 14, 2011

Musical Background: semi-pro musician
Sound: it's a les paul,with some of the fat trimmed to make it affordable.but who would know but the player?nice tones,always will with 2 tone and 2 volume controls,and a 3 way toggle switch.not real heavy,but heavy on tone.great warm sustains,chunky low end,screaming highs for soloing.the color is amazing,heritage cherry,like slash's.fast semi round painted neck,and great access to the high notes at the cutaway.these used to sell for 500. or more at the music store,so it has value packed in it too. Feature: from what i am told ,these are manufactured close to actual gibson specs,so i rely on what i like about those.it is well constructed,plays great right out of the box.i had my tech check all the set ups and they were almost dead on to mine. Ease of Use: what phenomenal sound quality through my pedal board.ez to tune into whatever tone i'm looking for. Quality: well made for the money.a real bargain.feels so good on my body,ez to control because of the slight weight loss. Value: in its price range its hard to find something better. Manufacturer Support: very well.....today it is more important to focus on customer service because someone will always beat your best price. The Wow Factor: i wouldn't hurry her out in the morning

" Greatest purchase ever so far in my 42 years of life." submitted February 16, 2011

Musical Background: New Player just getting started
Music Style: anything with a guitar
Sound: The sound is perfect. When a Gibson just will not do go Epiphone! Cant say anymore that that!!! Feature: Came with nothing extra. Needed nothing. Ease of Use: Just plug and play. Quality: Excellent quality i would expect nothing more from ZzSound and Epiphone. Value: I shopped for 3 weeks before i finally bought it from ZzSound best prices on the web or around town. Manufacturer Support: Didn't have to use it at all, product was excellent. The Wow Factor: This baby is hot, all my friends what to play with her. Overall: I will never let the Epi Les Paul go. She is mine forever!!!

"Beautiful Les Paul Honey-Burst!!" submitted April 27, 2011

Music Style: Contemporary Christian, Rock, Jazz
Sound: I was hesitant to make this purchase, but I am so glad I did! The sound is awesome! Very clear and warm... Feature: All the features you need with a Les Paul. Ease of Use: One of the most enjoyable and playable guitars I have ever had the pleasure to play. Quality: Extremely well-made and came set up perfect! Value: The best value for a Les Paul around! Manufacturer Support: Never have had to deal with support, but I am betting it is gonna be a 10! The Wow Factor: The honey burst is absolutely gorgeous! Overall: I am sure to be satisfied as long as I am playing!

"Great guitar,great price! Epiphone as always reaches the pinnacle of excellence." submitted July 18, 2011

Musical Background: hobbyist,weekend warrior
Music Style: rock,blues
Sound: Sounds great!! Just like a les paul should. Feature: humbuckers roar!!!! Ease of Use: Plays smooth like butter. Quality: Quality is fantastic! Very beautiful guitar. Value: For the money this is the best guitar bar none. The Wow Factor: What can i say,cherry sunburst. Very sexy

"High-mid grade guitar, just as the price suggests." submitted April 13, 2011

Musical Background: Intermediate Learner
Music Style: Metal, Grunge, Anti-Folk, Punk
Sound: The amp I currently have is a bit to cheap to actually get the full extent of sound from this guitar. I did compare it to the First Act electric I was playing beforehand and it made that thing sound like an out-of-tune redheaded stepchild. Feature: The Grover tuners this guitar has are awesome, I can feel a major difference between all my cheap tuners and those. Freaking love them. Ease of Use: The neck was slightly thicker than I expected and it took me a week to really get comfortable playing it. Now, however, I am quite able to get out some really nice sounds. Quality: The Tune-O-Matic bridge was to low to the frets. Everytime I strummed the guitar it would have a terrible rattle. The pickguard also has a bit of black on the center which looks as though it was burnt. Aside from those things, it came almost ready to play. Value: This is my first major guitar, so far everyone I know seems to think it was a decent buy. The Wow Factor: Gibson bodies are sexy. End of story. This thing looks way better than I could have imagined from just looking at pictures of them. Overall: I plan on playing this thing for 5 years at least before I start looking for another guitar.

"AMAZING COOL ect." submitted December 14, 2009

By a customer from proactivecom.com
Music Style: all types
Sound: Awesome guitar amazing sound, amazing feel, and amazing everything Feature: good sound for an epiphone, but gibsons sound better Ease of Use: Strings they put on it suck, but get the strings you like best to make it better Quality: AMAZING!!! Value: cool guitar. it looks better in real life, then they make it in the pictrue they give you Manufacturer Support: the best in the world The Wow Factor: It makes me feel bad that many musicians out there that need a guitar that is awesome for the price and need a guitar they can make money off of, and they don't have one of these Overall: I am always shoping for guitars so im not normal. but most people could live off this guitar

"If you want tone and ease of playability with a price that won't scare your wallet, look no further." submitted October 10, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: active musician, 18 years of playing guitar and general madness.
Music Style: Everything from Zakk to Kirk to Steve Morse, a little blues with a touch of southern style.
Sound: I always heard that the first thing you do with an epiphone les paul is change out the pickups for Gibsons or EMGs. I can't say I agree. The model I have has a fantastic set of pickups, a really edgy bite and an exceptional clean tone. Feature: Basic les paul, not too many features, that's why I bought it. Ease of Use: While this thing isn't as heavy as a Gibson, it's still a tank compared to my Ibanez and my Jackson. Sounds great. Quality: It's an epiphone, they haven't been in business all these years b/c they werre cranking out crap. Value: At $399 this is a homerun all the way. Nothing else in this price range even comes close. Manufacturer Support: Support? For what? The Wow Factor: I purchased the vintage burst and it's just beautiful. Overall: All my other guitars are sitting quietly since this one arrived.

"Overall, the best guitar I have owned. For the money, it is Les Paul quality and style." submitted January 9, 2012

Musical Background: Novice
Music Style: Blues, Funk, Jazz
Sound: Lot's of tone and character. Ease of Use: I did change the stings and intonation. Other than that, ready out of the box. Quality: Solid. A beautiful guitar. Value: Great Price. Zzounds always beats the everyones price... Overall: Would buy it again. Love this axe!!!

"les paul epiphone ebony guitar" submitted October 17, 2013

By Justin Norton in Grand Rapids, MI
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing guitar for 20 years.
Music Style: Rock,Blues,Folk
Overall: I love it it plays great and does the the job it is smooth and I am very satisfied.Thank you.

"Quality instrument" submitted December 15, 2012

By Peter B in Meadville, PA
Musical Background: Beginner
Music Style: Rock, blues, beginner songs.
Overall: Purchased this as my first guitar. The fit and finish are fantastic and I get the tones that I like out of it. The weight is a drawback, but I play while sitting the majority of the time. I have had the guitar for about 5 months without any problems.

"epi les paul ebony" submitted April 15, 2011

Music Style: rock blues
Sound: i like the humbuckers, they do their job. i am a hobbyist and the pickups are fine for my use. Feature: two volume, two tone controls, two pickups pretty simple setup. i do like the way the bridge and tailpiece are now connected, so they don't fall off everytime you change strings. Ease of Use: pretty straight forward, plug and play. Quality: great guitar for the price, neck is straight, action is low, intonation is spot on. frets were well set and polished. Value: good value great price. Manufacturer Support: don't know, i hope i never have to use them. The Wow Factor: it is very good looking, good finish, nice ebony . Overall: as i am a hobbyist, i will try to keep it as long as i can, but sometimes the grass is greener, and i want a strat. as i am not rich i tend to trade rather than have multiple instruments.

Epiphone Les Paul Plain Customer Review submitted November 16, 2008

Overall
Sound: I have a Line 6 Spyer 3 30 watt and its just amazing it sounds not as good as my gibson but it is the best sound for a $550.00 guitar I ever seen Feature: The volume knobs are sick I think u will love Ease of Use: Easy as a piece of pie u will be able to et the best of the epiphone out of this Quality: Not like my gibson but good for epiphone so yea Value: Great is the best guitar under 600 so if you cant et a gison then get this i work at a guitar shop and it alrigh music music but not that good Manufacturer Support: I got this from zzounds and it came right on time and i get maggizines know yes!!!!!!!!! Overall: you wont get the amount of things u can do WOW it was the best tell the gibson bt i play it more then my gibson because it smoothr then the gibson

Epiphone Les Paul Plain Customer Review submitted May 24, 2011

Musical Background: Beginner
Music Style: Classic rock
Sound: It does not have the sound of an authentic Gibson Les Paul, but it is not far. Great for learning guitar! Feature: It does not have a tremolo, but it features all the other standard switches for electric guitars. Value: It is worth more the price asked for it. A great deal for beginners and intermediates. Manufacturer Support: I did not need to contact support, so I cannot say anything about it. The Wow Factor: For me, a beginner learning how to play, it is really appealing. I am pretty happy with the purchase.

Epiphone Les Paul Plain Customer Review submitted September 26, 2008

Overall
Music Style: any type of rock
Sound: The sound on this is great before this i had a squire strat so its a big step up. The toneing nobs work extremely well. Value: this guitar sounds like a real les paul. The pickups are great, i have no intention of changeing them. My pickups are a little loose im not sure if this is ment to be like that or what. Manufacturer Support: i have the honey burst and its a lot brighter than in this picture i bought it from a store and it is beautiful. The Wow Factor: As i said before the honey burst is more orangeish than in the picture THIS GUITAR IS AMAZNG Overall: i plan on keeping this as long as i can

"Ahhhhh you have to try it yourself, there are no words" submitted April 8, 2009

Musical Background: Musician
Music Style: Jazz, Gospel,Funk, Pop
Sound: kinda dirty a bit of a suprise for stock pickups, Owned a Gibson when I was a teen, its got that texture kind of quiet too! Feature: Love the thru body setup selector switch is sturdy and quiet, nice finish, Ease of Use: Immediately changed strings and lowered action, no buzz across the neck, and fluid Quality: seems well built kind of heavy but balanced more than my Strat Value: this is the only ten I've ever submitted!! It's a keeper!! Manufacturer Support: don,t think i'll need it! The Wow Factor: well made, balanced sets up quick looks great! Overall: one of the best buys this year

"Very Happy!" submitted October 29, 2012

By Patrick G in Anderson, IN
Overall
Musical Background: Still a beginner - began guitar 15 months ago.
Music Style: Blues, classic rock
Overall: I've had it for about a month now & very few negatives - an unmounted pick-up switch on arrival being the worst. Looks gorgeous, plays great & sounds better.

"Great guitar, very sexy and worth the money." submitted February 16, 2009

By js512982aol.com
Musical Background: Middle of the road hobbyist, musician
Music Style: Rock, some blues
Sound: It sounds great, I love the two pickups. They allow me to reach a wide variety of tones and sounds. The bridge pickup gives a hollow/thin sound that is great for using distortion, and i can get some great pich harmonics when i turn up the gain a little. The neck pickup is also good with a little less distortion, you can get a nice "Slash like" sound. Feature: It came with a 10 ft. cable that i mostly use for my tuner. Two pickups, treble and rhythm, pickup selector. Two volume two tone a pickgaurd, and standard les paul tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar. Ease of Use: Its pretty easy to use, when I use clean I often put it on treble and dial the tone back a little. It is really easy to find the sound that you are looking for, the volume and tone knobs are pretty easy to figure out, and you memorize which is which in like a minute. It is very easy to play, the neck fits right into your hand and the action is nice right off the back. The only bad thing is that it takes some manuvering to reach the higher frets. Quality: It is made very well, you can feel the quality when you play it. There were some minor flaws though, there was to small paint chips on the headstock straight out of the box, and when I play the open G and B strings I get a wierd vibration sound that sounds like there is a loose part somewhere. But luckily you can't hear it you play through the amp, so its not a big deal. Value: I think that this is a great value. It is a great guitar and very well made. And its a great price for a les paul. Manufacturer Support: Haven't used it. The Wow Factor: It is a very sexy guitar, I had been looking at this les paul for about a year before i bought it, Which is a while for me. It looks amazing, i have the honey burst and it looks amazing. One time after I was playing I let it rest on my amp, and i looked like a picture in a magazine. Even though it is an Epiphone and not a Gibson it is still very high quality. Overall: This is a great guitar, I might upgrade to a better guitar, but not soon. This one will be with me hopefully forever. If it got lost or stolen I would probably cry, and then go buy a new one.

"Really Really Really Good" submitted October 7, 2006

Overall
Sound: The sound of this guitar is amazing. It blew me away. My friend owns one of these and I am getting one, too. It has the ability to go high on solos, but can still deliver the fat sound the Les Pauls are known for. I would never even try to compare this to a Stratocaster, the Stratocaster wouldn't have a fiar chance. Feature: THe features of this instrument are really good. THe hardware and components are perfect, nothing is wrong with it. Ease of Use: I can skip from barre chords to solos easily. The neck is really good. I play metal, rock so I usually pound the strings. It still sounds good. I also know people who use this exact model for jazz and it still sounds good. Quality: Durability is incredible. My friend dropped it off of a two story balcony, indoors and on acident, of course, and all that happened is that the neck chipped a little. Value: This guitar is definitely worth the price, but the Les Paul 100 is just as good for eight hundred dollars. The price of everything on this site is so low, I am stunned. Manufacturer Support: Not my guitar, so I don't know. The Wow Factor: This guitar looks really good. I have never seen such beauty in a Les Paul. The top is the best. Although it needed to be waxed, it is a good look. Overall: If I owned this guitar, I would expect to be satisfied with it for my whole life. It is a really great instrumental marvel.

"Me tink she perty!" submitted January 28, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: hobbyist, hopin to be musician some day.
Music Style: 80s hard rock and southern rock
Sound: The sound is great! I play a lot of southern rock and hard rock and i think it fits them both. The rhythym is nice for more bluesy sounding. I give it a 9 because its almost perfect in sound. Feature: When i got it, it came with a cord and a book of somethin. I love the different tone knobs and controls. i can make it sound much different without even touching the amp. Ease of Use: It is easy to use. The feel of the neck and strings are great. I play it for hours every day. Quality: I think it is made great. There wasn't any chips off the paint or anything. It almost even stayed in tune when i first opened it. I just think that the g string didnt stay in tune good. But its still great in quality. Value: its is excellent for its price. only $450 is great for a les paul! I ordered the gator case with it. Manufacturer Support: I didnt need any support, its great. But the first minute of me playing was the string snapping off, but i think i should hav stretched before i started doin the big bends. But other than that, no problem. The Wow Factor: she's a beaut! I got in honey burst. it gives kind of a jimmy page look to it. its not too bright but is still perty. Overall: I think it will last me for until im like...older. If i have enough money i will. But i think it will last me while.

"GREAT GUITAR! for a very low cost" submitted February 13, 2008

Overall
Music Style: Grunge, Alternative, Hard Rock, pretty much anything that sound good!
Sound: Incredible sound!, the pickups are great, it has alot better sustain then my strat. being an epiphone, it still delivers that thick, gritty, heavy metal sound you expect from a les paul Feature: good features i guess. the pickup toggle switch is really nice, the separate tone and volume controls are great and help you change the sound to your liking. Ease of Use: just tune it, plug it in and rock out! Quality: Its a very sturdy guitar. some people complain about the weight of it. but i just think it makes it all that much durable. I ordered the Gator case with it. it's a pretty solid case. my only complaint is that the latches on the case feel a little flimsy, and even though they are lockable, is someone really was after your guitar they could just pop the latch off with a screw driver(only one is lockable, its the middle latch by the handle.) Value: great value for a les paul. especially if you order the case with it you save about $25-$30 if you buy them together. i would recommend it Manufacturer Support: never had to call them but i would imagine their not to stingy about customer service The Wow Factor: Beautiful!. i got the heritage cherry and it looks way better than the picture on the site portrays it. really shiny and attracts alot more attention as compared to my black stratocaster. Overall: overall i would say this is a great buy for anyone interested in getting a Les Paul, but dont have the money for a real Gibson. its looks great, plays amazingly!, has a real down and dirty tone and is well built.

"Great value" submitted February 17, 2011

Music Style: Mainly rock and popular styles
Sound: The pickups may be a little weak, but not enough for me to change them. This guitar produces the tones you expect from a Les Paul. The set up out of the box was close but not exactly the way I prefer. After a good set up and new strings it plays and feels very good Feature: I would prefer a more detailed tone from the pickups, however they are very good as they are. The volume control is a little abrupt when you dial it back but nothing I cant compensate for. The features are what you expect with a Les Paul Ease of Use: When dialing in tones and volume I would prefer a smoother transition. The tones are good once dialed in, however one must be carefull not to shut the volume all the way off, which happens at about 3/4 turn. Quality: The fit and finish are great. I would prefer a nitro type finish opposed to the poly, but the finish as applied was excellent. I think this instrument is pretty durable and well made. I am not sure what type of wood is used, but I dont see any seams where pieces are joined together. It feels heavey and solid. I know these are not AAA woods at this price but the feel and sound are all excellent. Value: This is the best Les Paul in this price range. I have compared the competition and like the playability on this guitar better than anything in this price range. Manufacturer Support: Never needed. I would repair anything minor myself. The Wow Factor: It has all the flash you need. Overall: I will keep this as one of my performing guitars for a long time. I would replace it if lost or stolen. Perhaps I might change pickups or wiring or both, but not for a while because the overall sound is very good as it is.

"Great les paul" submitted July 30, 2007

Music Style: Metal
Sound: It sounds amazing perfectly clear. it sound just lik a gibson les paul. i put on my distrtion pedal nd it was perfect. Feature: it included a gator case which is worth about 120 bucks. it also included a free cord. Ease of Use: It was very easy to get great sounds. Just turn it on and youll fall in love with it. treble or rythym whatever fits you.It is perfect for my personal taste of metal/ modern rock Quality: It's made very well. the wood finish is very nice (honeyburst). You can depend on it it will take a lot before breaking. Perfect on the road with the case and it doesnt break.i think if i wanted i could play at least 20 years but ill probably get a new one. Value: Perfect price nothing compares within the price range of 100 to 700 $ id rather buy this with my budget because its just like the gibson except for the price. The Wow Factor: i wanted it ever since i saw it and i worked hard to get the money. it looks amazing. the honeyburst wood finish is great. Overall: Amazing guitar for its price. sounds good. i love it.

When you call, mention priority code 12CP-RPLC. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976