When you call, mention priority code 200-R0D2

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone Les Paul Plustop

Legends don't die; they reinvent themselves. The Les Paul Plustop updates the much-beloved LP Standard with lively ProBucker pickups and a AAA maple top.

"A Gem at any price but a real bargain here!" submitted January 19, 2015

By Mat G in Greater Los Angeles, CA
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing over 40 years. I play all styles of guitar and also play Banjo, Bass, Uke, Mando, etc.
Music Style: I play all styles as a session player and am well know video instructor. I also specialize in blues, rock, Latin, R&B, Funk, Bl
Overall: I purchased this guitar because I was in the mood to a Les Paul but not enough to make a larger investment. I have many instruments and have owned some premium America guitars. I am a full time player and it's all I have ever done and I have backed up icons in every style of music. I mention all this so you know that this is my life and I know guitars very well, I own close to 40 presently, not as a collector but as tools I use in my work. You cannot make a wiser investment if you are looking for a Les Paul and want to spend $1000 or less. The new Epi Proburst pickups are winners and they split very well. They are every bit as good as Duncan Almico Pro 2, Gibson 57 Classic, or Dimarzio PAF Plus. They are a bit different but just as good and very versatile especially with the split. The tuners are rock solid and this guitar stays in tune really well. Hardware is top notch. The finish on this guitar is drop dead gorgeous. You could not get it in a Gibson for under $2500 and the environmental restrictions make producing it in the USA really a challenge. This is where Epiphone comes in. There are some minor finish issues, a bit of overspray on the binding, a bit thick with clear coat in some spots. This is minor when you consider what you are getting for $500. The fret work is very decent, better then lower priced Gibsons by far. The nut is cut way too high on mine in places and it would benefit form a good set up. I have heard of some quality issues so I was a bit worried about buying without playing first but no issues here. The same potential issues exist with Gibsons. This is a true Les Paul, solid and fat sounding beautiful to look at and inspiring to play. I can recommend this guitar without hesitation- it is a great guitar and will last a lifetime. Also I would like to mention that the neck is very straight and has no issues, it intonates very well and is a substantial feeling neck but very fast and comfortable. It is a D shape, perhaps a tad more than I would prefer but it is a 60's profile Gibson shape which has just enough mass for good sound transfer while still feeling fast. I could not be happier with this purchase and zZounds had it in my hands in two and a half days. Just get this guitar while you can and read about later! BTW- the Mahogony back and neck are beautiful and the book matched AAA flamed maple top while not perfect, is a home run at this Price. I have the Burgony Burst finish..,classic Gibson looking.

"Solid guitar at a price every player can afford" submitted December 23, 2014

By Larry D in Leoma, TN
Overall
Musical Background: playing 20 years. Played with Marilyn Manson, Slayer,Suicidal Tendencies, and others.
Music Style: Metal,Rock
Overall: This guitar was bought just to have as a Less Paul I could use as a practice guitar. It has proven to be worthy of being a work horse in my live stable. I have toured with national acts and played small bars and this Epiphone keeps up with any Gibson I use, being sponsored buy Gibson, I've played them all. All I can say is, if you want a rocking guitar,look no further!

"In awww!" submitted October 9, 2015

By ronnie sampson in winchester, VA
Musical Background: jam at home
Music Style: rock,metal
Overall: This is a guitar you just cant seem to take your eyes off of. Like a lot of the other reviews said wow! I haven't got the chance to get the setup checked out yet but seems to sound great coming from no expert though. Like another review said knobs are a little wavy when you turn them no biggy though seen that before gonna change them anyway. Other than that seems to be well made and gorgeous. Hats of to zzounds for the payment plans its awesome and will deal with them again and again. If you want this guitar get it you wont be sorry you did. Didn't give the manufacture support any stars because haven't dealt with them .

"Very well worth the money..." submitted December 13, 2014

By Mark O in Ashley, IN
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing guitar for 8 years mostly @ home.
Music Style: Classic Rock, Blues, Metal
Overall: This is my second Epi Les Paul and I've gotta say its a step up from the 1st one. Great tone, beautiful finish and nice price make this a desired guitar. The neck diameter is perfect for playing and needed very little setup out of the box, I was very satisfied over-all with this guitar.

"Way better than I had hoped for" submitted December 21, 2015

By Chris H in Tulsa, OK
Overall
Musical Background: Bedroom Rock star, Play Metal, Blues and Classic rock.
Music Style: Priest, Sabbath, AC/DC. you know, the old school stuff.
Overall: Ordered on Thursday, had it on Monday. I wasn't sure what to expect with a Dirty Lemon color, looking online it looked like a yellowish body with a reddish brown burst on the edge, what I got was this beautiful, immaculate Les Paul in this really awesome aged amber that looks like it has been gracefully yellowed with age, and had so much flame in the maple veneer top that I swear it could be taken for an actual Gibson. This was very well set up right out of the box and after I changed strings to my preferred GHS Boomers 10-46 it was ready to sing like only a great Paul can.

"Epiphone Limited Edition Les Paul Plustop PRO in Bourbon Burst" submitted November 11, 2015

By Joe T in Athens, GA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar for 31 years. have played semi-pro, (more of the local venues).
Music Style: Hard Rock, Old school and millennium Metal, Blues, alternative and just a tiny bit of Country
Overall: The pictures didn't do the guitar justice. Great finish. Some minor setup done and it plays and sounds like the Gibson for a lot less. The burst bucker Pro pickup have an exceptional sound and the coil tapping is an added bonus. If you are looking at the Gibson model, you should really consider this one first. The extra money you would have spent on the Gibson, you could purchase a new Orange head and cabinet, (which by the way sound incredible when matched up with this guitar). The Service from Zzounds was exceptional as well. You guys always make my purchases with no hassles and left me guilt free from "buyer's remorse". I have purchased my acoustic (Epiphone EJ-200) and my Les Paul from Zzounds. Not once have I had any issues with the equipment or the service. Great job guys! Keep it up!!

"Stunning Les Paul" submitted November 30, 2016

By Jiggalo Cruise in Durham, NC
Musical Background: Professional
Music Style: Rock/Country/Popular Music
Sound: Great!! Real improvement in Pickups Feature: Genuine Grover Tuners Includes a tag of Quality Assurance stating If they ever fail they will be repaired or replaced. Improved neck- Build is tight. Much better than I remember, no sloppy binding work noticed Great Vintage sounding pickups. Just what I wanted Ease of Use: Your hands will never tire of this Fine Instrument. Quality: Pristine Quality. If they are shooting for Fuji Japan Quality someone has been receiving good instruction on improvements across the line and it is stacking up. Hard to find a flaw Value: Compared to my former 2008 LP Std. PlusTop Pro it is a step up in Quality. From headstock to endpin this guitar has had a makeover. Real Grover Tuners- a Noticeable difference from 2008. Well built neck delivers wonderful performance. Pickups are the sound wanted and don't need replacing She's Heavy - Not relieved by Ultra Modern Tech, "Can Ya Feel Me" she beckons Manufacturer Support: I've dealt with Gibson Authorized Repair Centers and if you can find one that actually Likes dealing with Gibson and doesn't try to sell you the place you Could perhaps get warranty service. It's more about selling you upgrades The Wow Factor: Get it out of that castrated jumpsuit they tie it all up in and Look Out!! It's taking over the room with Beauty and Thick, Enormous Tone Overall: It's reaching a point that Epiphone is surprising me more and more There are more Good Quality instruments than shoddy built ones these days and even the lower end Epi's are showing Non-Stop likeability. Keep It Up Epiphone!!

"Good For The Price" submitted December 6, 2014

By Luis Aponte in San Juan, PR
Musical Background: Beginner
Music Style: Rock, Jazz, Blues
Overall: Initially I wanted a Gibson, for its build quality/reputation, but since I am learning I decided to go with the Epiphone for now until I am a bit more experienced. My initial impression was WOW!. This is truly a beautiful guitar. It feels well, and plays well. Much better then the LP Special II I had before. I expect keeping this one for a long time, and recommend it to anyone.
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Awesome!" submitted January 11, 2015

By armando portillo in miami, FL
Musical Background: 18 years of guitar playing
Music Style: Rock, Alternative, soft modern rock, Jazz, Blues and Pop
Overall: This guitar is excellent for people who want the Gibson Les Paul sound, yet are on a budget. This guitar is too good for what I paid for. You will hear negative comments about these Epiphones. But all of the bad comments are just ignorance about guitar set up. Get your guitar set up before you talk trash about such a good instrument. The only problem I found on my guitar is that it is going out of tune because of the nut. It needs a good set up like I said before. That is all, no biggy! Get yours soon! Ignore the ignorance that even I had when I did not know much about the fixable issues of this guitar. SET IT UP! And rock on!

"awesome Les Paul" submitted January 30, 2015

By John A in Sikeston, MO
Overall
Musical Background: intermediate guitarist, play acoustic as well.
Music Style: Country/rock/blues
Overall: I got the bourbon burst in this guitar and let me tell you, it's a beauty! When i unpacked it and saw it for the 1st time i was wowed. Even more gorgeous than a picture can give you. I tuned it up and then plugged it in and played around with the electronics and was impressed even further. Great sound. I really like the neck feel when fretting too. I know some talk about the weight of some of the Les Paul's but i don't mind it, i like the overall feel of this one. It looks great, feels great, and sounds great, nothing but props on this guitar!

"Great Guitar / Quality Control Might Be Lacking Though" submitted October 15, 2014

By Corey G in Houma, LA
Musical Background: Beginner / 6 months
Music Style: Rock / Blues
Overall: Ok, so I am no where near a musician and wouldn't even consider myself an amateur guitarist. More like I decided I wanted to learn how to play guitar 6 months ago and this is the fist upgrade from a basic cheapo starter package. I felt this this particular make and model was a fairly good mid range guitar and would carry me for many, many, many years. The guitar is absolutely beautiful and feels quite solid. I was a bit surprised at the weight of it coming from the el-cheapo one I was using. The neck feels better, the action is hella awesome. As far as sound quality and what not, it sounds good to me, but like I said, I'm not a dedicated musician with years of experience to tell you the differences. My one beef with the guitar is with the tone knobs (hence the lack of quality control). One of the knobs was not seated correctly on the post so when you turn the knob it rides high on one side and lower on the other. It does not ride against the body of the guitar, but for a $500.00 guitar, I would have expected the knobs to be seated firmly and level. Just to be clear: the knob is not loose, just plain ole crooked on the post. It is not a deal breaker for me being as it does not affect the sounds or even the look of the guitar, only when you look down at the knob while playing is it even noticeable. Other than that, I absolutely love the guitar and hopefully will be shredding some classics in the years to come.

When you call, mention priority code 200-R0D2. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976