When you call, mention priority code 144W-68YY

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone LP STD Plus PRO

With a stunning flame maple top and ProBucker humbuckers that evoke vintage PAFs, this affordable Epiphone delivers serious Les Paul tone and style.

"My blue dragon" submitted December 25, 2012

By Joe B in Wilkes Barre, PA
Musical Background: 20 years, drums, guitar jam band
Music Style: Rock, blues,
Overall: First let me say the reason I call it my blue dragon is, 1. it's blue, 2. it roars, 3. it's smokin' hot. I love this guitar it sounds great, looks great and plays great. Setup was almost perfect out of the box. I had a little buzzing but a slight adjustment to the neck took care of it. I did quite a bit of research before deciding on this one and the consensus that this was a good bang for the buck was right on target. I got the "transparent blue" model. Well here is the thing. The image on almost all sites I visited, including Epiphone, is the wrong one. The guitar in the video, thanks zZounds, is the correct one. It is a blue sunburst design and it is beautiful. When you see this baby for real you'll agree. I really cannot think of anything bad to say. Oh and zZounds is awesome. It arrived quickly and in perfect condition.

"Excellent value" submitted May 23, 2012

By paul h in englewood, OH
Music Style: rock, blues
Overall: First of all this guitar sounds professional. The new pickups sound, to me, very similar to the PAF pickups played by many of the legends of classic rock. The coil tapping is a bonus and adds flexibility to this great guitar. The electronics are good quality, much better than the electronics in my old Epi Les Paul. The tone and volume pots have a good usable taper unlike the cheap linear taper pots used on some budget instruments. The Grover tuning machines and the tune-o-matic bridge keep this guitar in tune. The clips on the stop bar make changing strings easy as my old Epi always had me scared that I would drop the stop bar tail piece and scratch the finish. As for the finish, it is top notch. Mine came with beautiful flame figuring in the maple top. The flaming is not fake and has a beautiful depth to it. The heritage cherry sunburst is well done and really make the maple top shine. The fretboard it smooth with well fitted frets. The edges of the frets are finished perfectly and do not have any rough spots. Out of the box the guitar needed no set up as the action, intonation, and pickup height were well within spec, no fret buzz what so ever with enough room to lower the action for those who prefer low action. The only thing I would suggest is at your first string change tape off the fretboard and pickups, keeps the small bits of metal from the steel wool from sticking to the pickups a real pain to remove, and give the frets a quick polish with some ultra fine steel wool as the frets are a bit rough. It only takes a few minutes once the strings are off and the painters tape is in place. You could just play the guitar alot and have the same effect but they are rough enough to require extra effort to bend the strings. If your in the market looking for a beautifully finished Les Paul that has the sound and sustain of guitars costing three times the price you can't go wrong with the Epiphone Les Paul standard plus top PRO with the Probucker pickups.

"Nice Guitar" submitted April 2, 2013

By Dennis S in Paris, MI
Musical Background: 30+ years playing at guitar, mainly at home
Music Style: Classic Rock, Blues.
Overall: Just received my Honey Burst Les Paul and it is a beautiful guitar. Set up perfectly and ready to go as soon as I got it tuned. My only complaint and it's minor, is that the frets protrude a tiny bit at the bottom of the frets. It doesn't affect the playability at all and the only reason I noticed it was taking it out of the box. I was happy the way it was shipped. I have never bought a guitar sight unseen. It was in the Epiphone box which isn't really a good shipping box. It was then put in a cardboard box. Arrived in 2 days as promised in good shape. I didn't want it sitting around for the normal 3-5 day shipping. This is the fifth guitar in my "collection" a Sheraton II, Fender Strat, Squire '50's Vibe Strat and a Washburn acoustic. I believe I'm now done buying guitars. I don't think you can go wrong on purchasing this from ZZounds.

"Very Nice Guitar" submitted February 18, 2013

By John Jenkins in Jasper, AL
Overall
Musical Background: Started playing guitar at 14,45 years later I play at home for fun and relaxation.
Music Style: Classic Rock,Blues
Overall: This is my first Epiphone Les Paul,I have owned American made Teles ,Strats,and a Gibson Les Paul Studio.Number one,the finish is superb,I purchased the Trans Blue and couldn't be happier once it arrived.I was concerned when I placed the order whether or not to get the Vintage Sunburst or the Cherryburst and decided on the TransBlue when I noticed everyone playing the same colors so I had to be a little different.I plugged it up,did a little tuning,wham,sounded brighter than my Gibson Les Paul Studio.The action was good right out of the box,no buzz,the finger board is straight,frets are good.I think I made a good purchase and Epiphone makes a very nice guitar.Many Thanks to ZZSOUNDS,their shipping department is top notch as well as their Service and Sales.This looks to be the start of a long relationship.

"poor man's les paul" submitted November 13, 2012

By jim r in central ma, MA
Musical Background: amatuer
Music Style: blues
Overall: Got the guitar and had a set up done. I'm not sure it needed it but it did have the factory light strings. The guitar seems to be well made and performs as advertised. I was skeptical about the coil switching feature but it's for real. you can go old school with the single coils or crank with the humbuckers. Fit and finish are good and it has that beefy les paul feel. All in all a good deal if you're on a budget

"best guitar I have owned" submitted October 28, 2012

By James D in niceville, FL
Musical Background: been playing foir 20 years but only recently seriously
Music Style: metal, southern metal, grunge
Overall: I read tons of review until, I bought this and let me tell you.Best purchase I ever made. It sounds awesome.Very warm sounding, killer sustain.I play metal and it is just right for that.Pickups sound great to me and shredding on the neck is smooth as silk.Before this, I had an ESP and totally worth the upgrade. I strongly recommend this

"Great Epiphone Les Paul!!" submitted April 22, 2012

By Michael M in Troy, AL
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for about 6 years.
Music Style: Blues, Rock, Country
Overall: This epiphone standard plus top pro is a great buy. I didn't know it when I ordered it but it has the coil tapping which is pretty sweet, the HoneyBurst top is quite beautiful to say the least. It sounds great I'm going to need to lower the action, it comes a little high for my taste but thats an easy fix. In short give it a try its a great les paul.
12 of 13 people (92.31%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great Guitar Great Price" submitted August 11, 2012

By Ed B in Glen Burnie, MD
Overall
Musical Background: 25yrs Guitar Player..
Music Style: Rock, Hard Rock, Metal, Extreme Metal
Overall: I pick up the Honey Burst but the first one fretted out on the first four frets on all strings, I contacted Zzounds and said If I was not happy they were not happy, I got a return slip postage paid to return the guitar as I did, and The replacement was sent to me the day after they got the return, I can not say enough about Zzounds customer service, it's truly top notch.. the first one shipped in 24hrs as did the second one.. The Replacement has better playability and sound, I had to reset the intonation and action as I use 10's and the Guitar comes with 9's, Overall I would say it's a Great Guitar for a Great Price. If you want a real Les at a Good Price you can't beat this deal. I'm also in line for another one, when I'm ready Zzounds will get a call from me
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Good lower end Les Paul" submitted March 17, 2014

By Kris D in pulaski, TN
Overall
Musical Background: Novice - bedroom just for fun group sessions, show about once a year
Music Style: Some southern RockSome of the newer Country RockMetalHeavy metalClassic rock (acdc, zep)
Overall: What I mean by the title is that if I had 1500 to spend on a guitar I wouldn't have purchased this one.. So this review is from the point of view that I had 800 to purchase a guitar. This is the one the offered the best value and I liked the way it played so it one out. I played a few Gibson (studio lower end stuff) and this Epiphone is better made and a better player that the Gibson in my range.. ] It is a nice guitar, smooth neck I like the coil taps really lightens up the sound when you want it. The feel is great. I lowered the action a bit but it was set fine out of the box not real high. I just prefer low.. The pickups I don't know yet.. They sound alright.. better than the studio's pups.. Thinking of a set o slash duncans.. If you are in the range under 1000 you should give this one a shot.. Great little all around les paul.

"AWESOME GUITAR!!!!" submitted October 25, 2012

By Marc F in Buffalo, NY
Overall
Musical Background: I have played the Flute for 25 years, and started on guitar about 3 years ago, recording my own albums
Music Style: Hard Rock , Classical, Punk,
Overall: I tell you what, I was give a washburn guitar from a girl as a starter,then upgraded to a Les Paul 100, which made some difference especially when I upgraded from a Line6 SpiderIV amp to a Marshall AVT50 Amp. The Amps always make a big difference. So, when I upgraded my guitar from the 100 to this Standard, Holy Heck, the wood must make a huge difference, because I get a very nice Bite to my sound, good old Guns N Roses or if you like Led Zepplin. WOW! I just got it recently so not sure about the quality, but is seems very well built, I highly recommend this Guitar.

"Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top PRO Honeyburst" submitted March 10, 2014

By Rob H in Martinsburg, WV
Overall
Musical Background: Many gigs under my belt. I own a couple Ibanez Artcores.I also owned a few Gibson LP's. This Epi LP is SuperFine.
Music Style: Rock , Blues , etc.
Overall: Out of the Box, Tune it up, Ready to gig. Wow I did not expect that.But -- I did fine tune & tweak the action as well as putting my fav strings on it. EB-Power Slinky 11-48. It was 99.99% there before I restrung it with different gauge strings.The finish was flawless right out of the box. Prrrfect.I like the coil tapping options for a range of beautiful tones.I'll prolly buy another Epi LP for a spare, maybe a Custom or Ultra not sure yet.S W E E T N E S S !

"epiphone plus top pro" submitted March 28, 2013

By jeff morris in canton, GA
Musical Background: hobby
Music Style: All
Overall: Good sounding guitar. great service from zzounds. the only problem I had is the cord would not stay in the jack. but it was a quick fix. but sounded great right out of the box. I am satisfied can't go wrong with this guitar

"Awesome Guitar!!!" submitted March 25, 2014

By Jesse J in Bruceton, TN
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Jazz
Overall: This is my first Les Paul. I did have a minor issue with the first one i received, it had a finish crack on the neck. zZounds customer service is top notch, and they were quick with sending me a return label, and quick with sending a replacement. I'm very happy with this guitar. It looks a hundred times better than the picture (honeyburst), and sounds awesome! I highly recommend this guitar to anyone in the market for a good sounding, good playing instrument!

"I love it and you will too!" submitted March 28, 2014

By Wayne Woodward in Colorado Springs, CO
Overall
Musical Background: 30 Years messing around. Guitar, a little drums.
Music Style: Classic Rock, Metal, some blues.
Overall: The pick ups on the Les Paul are amazing. Bright and warm tones. Wait till you play with the single coils. I love the tapping feature. The change is right there! Never has a Les Paul been so versatile and I really am happy. She has a beautiful finish and great hardware. No I can't afford a Gibson and I don't really need one. The thing is this is not a "copy," it is an Epiphone Les Paul and it stands on it's own! Enjoy!

"My review of the Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Pro" submitted May 13, 2014

By James B in Lexington, KY
Musical Background: A few years. guitar drums, mandolin
Overall: I am well pleased with my purchase of this guitar. A beautiful and fantastic sounding instrument.

"Amazing" submitted March 16, 2013

By Austin B in Durham, NC
Musical Background: Hobbyist, but do play in shows/ charity occasionally
Music Style: Various music from the 20's-80's
Overall: I've wanted a Les Paul for a while, and like the majority of people today, I didn't have money sitting around to buy a Gibson Les Paul. I was also looking for a guitar for a Jazz group that I play in, and a guitar/ wind instrument combo I play in. I went over to my local guitar shop, and the dealer said to me "If you are going to buy an Epiphone Les Paul, do it right and go for the PlusTop Pro, it is the biggest bang for your buck." I bought this guitar from zZounds, along with a Fender Mustang Amp, and the combination of the two sound great. I've been playing this guitar for a few days now, and I absolutely love it. This guitar looks stunning, and I would highly recommend going to a guitar shop or visiting a friend who has this guitar so you can see how good it looks (not Gibson good, but it is pretty darn good). I put a new set of Gibson strings on it, and it still sounds amazing. Before purchasing this guitar, I played a modified version of this guitar which had the pickups replaced with Gibson pickups, and it sounded even better.Overall, this guitar, looks and sounds amazing. Being a experienced guitar playing hobbyist with almost 7 years of playing under my belt, I can confidentially say that this is the best guitar you will get for this price range.

"Les Paul Standard Plus Top Pro" submitted May 21, 2014

By James B in Lexington, KY
Overall
Musical Background: About 25 years, Guitar , mandolin , drums., keyboards. not professionally.
Music Style: Rock.
Overall: I give this guitar a 10 Rating out of 10. The sound ,playability, beauty. and sustain.

"Top guitar" submitted October 5, 2013

By John McDade
Musical Background: Playing for 40 years, serious hobby player
Music Style: Eagles, Clapton, Fleetwood Mac etc etc
Overall: Excellent guitar more than value for money. Looks great feels great sounds amazing.If you want a Les Paul sound feel and look but don't want to hold up a bank to be able to afford it get this guitar.

"Les Paul Standard Plus Top Pro" submitted November 13, 2012

By Michael A in Dallas, OR
Musical Background: Professional
Music Style: Rock, Blues.
Overall: This guitar has changed how I feel and play. I was always a Charvel and strat guy until I got my first one. Now I have three!! Better stop buying theses or I could open a store. These play so well and sound so good they should be banned. If you have always wanted the Les Paul sound and feel, this is the guitar for you. Highly recommend!! Thanks zZounds!!

"Epiphone Honeyburst Les Paul Standard Plus Top Pro" submitted April 19, 2014

By Dan H
Overall
Musical Background: several years on and off, guitar only, for myself
Music Style: All music styles.
Overall: As I do with all of my Epi Les Pauls, gutted the components, knobs, and tuners. For this guitar, I put in switchcraft 3-way and mono jack, Gotoh bridge and tailpiece, Gotoh klusen tuners (replaceing grover chrome), gold reflector knobs. I replaced the pu's with Seymour Duncan Whole lotta humbers using all white bobbins with CTS 500k pots of course. This guitar has gone from good to spectacular. I put on Ernie Balls at .10 - .46. The gotoh bridge is wider and NO retaining wire. It will actually intonate unlike stock bridge from Epi. After all mods, this guitar is simply WOW.

"An outstanding guitar at such a great price!" submitted June 26, 2013

By Jan Sullins in Ok. City, OK
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing for about 5 years . I took lessons for about a year. Just play for fun but plan on taking lessons again .
Music Style: Love rock. Especially the Beatles ,Led Zepulin, Eric Clapton ,the Animals,Doors and Jimi Hendrix.
Overall: After looking at Ibenaz,Fender, and others I just couldn't get this Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pro Plus out of my mind. My son wanted the Ibenaz Ice but it was $200.00 more with less features. I felt like the Epiphone just sounded and played better so I ordered mine from Zzounds with a Fender Mustand II amp. Also purchaced the Epiphone case for the Les Paul guitar. I have had this setup for about one week and could not be happier. It has an astounding finish. I bought the Heritage Cherry Burst. Truly beautiful! Being new to the electric guitar world I have not been able to take advantage of all the features of both the guitar and the Fender amp. My son I play it every day and are having a great time . The action is perfect. I really like the way it came . The strings are fine and this guitar is very easy to play. One of the reasons I purchaced an electric guitar is that I do have arthritis in my left hand . While my Taylor 214 ce is one of the easiest acoustics to play I still had to skip a day some times. Now that is not the case. The quality control from Epiphone has really improved from what they were a few years ago. I highly recommend this Epiphone model without hesitation. I really love it!

"Just as it should beee....." submitted September 4, 2013

By Hobbinero Madrigal in Marshall, MI
Musical Background: 1968- present
Music Style: British rock, blues, some country rock, acoustic nylon & steel My own thunder road many vocalist, chicks and crooners, my voice
Overall: This guitar went right to work, It had to pay for it self and it is doing just that, noted that my skill happens to work it and it does not shrug, have the Dunlap q335, the poly tuner, fender blues 15 wt, piped into Carvin PA, Tube< into Tube....Payments gave the green light... Try it , it will work

"Very sweet guitar for the money" submitted May 14, 2013

By Jasin O in Chugiak, AK
Musical Background: Off and on over 4 years now
Music Style: Rock, melodic tunes, blues, metal
Overall: Granted she's no Gibson, but for what she cost she plays darn good! I really like the new humbuckers over years past as I have a few Epi Customs and another Standard as well as a Zakk edition, but never cared for the pups. Although I am not a fan of the new coil taps, they still can give off a wide variety of great sounds from just one guitar. All in all, this guitar feels allot better in hand over my 2 Epi Customs. But I still prefer the Duncan Blackouts I have installed in them over these. Great guitar, great price!

"You cant go wrong with this" submitted December 31, 2012

By Paul P in Beckley, WV
Musical Background: Semi Pro Drummer 49 years
Music Style: Rock and Blues
Overall: I own an Epiphone SG and love it, So I deciced to purchase this Les Paul and sure glad I did. The finish is excellent. Sounds and plays great. Epiphone has proved to me quality at a resonable price.Also Zzounds is the best, These people are GREAT.

"Awesome!!!!" submitted October 14, 2012

By Jess S in Fayetteville, AR
Overall
Music Style: Blues based dirty in your face rock n roll!!!
Overall: Always wanted a vintage burst les Paul and the pics on here DON'T DO IT JUSTICE!!! Sounds almost great (neck pickup a little muddy). VERY PLEASED WITH THIS GUITAR!!

"Epi Les Paul Plus Top Pro, Transparent Blue" submitted July 15, 2012

Overall
Overall: Nice looking guitar with great features. Had to send back as the color was not as advertised. Epiphone's web site features the guitar as transparent blue, however, the finish is actually a Blue Burst so it is not solid blue all the way through, but looks exactly like the Trans Blue on the Quilt Top Pro, except on a flame top. Some of the knobs appeared to be crooked as well - probably would not affect functionality, but again, Epiphone needs to step up QC here. Action was a tad high but intonation was pretty much spot on.Never plugged it in as I knew I was going to send it back. Epiphone needs to step up their QC in showing the correct finish/color and info on their own website as well as what they provide to retailers (they do other things like changing ebony to rosewood, and other anomalies without warning to customers). Zzounds was very cooperative and provided great customer service. Now looking at the Custom Pro or Tribute Plus. (disregard some of these ratings as I never plugged it in, etc.)

"Good guitar" submitted November 17, 2013

By Kyle L in Somerset, PA
Overall
Overall: I just purchased a new vintage sunburst the guitar sounds great but my problem is that I purchased a supposed to be new guitar and when it arrived it came in the hard shell case which was fine but I pulled the guitar out and right away noticed scratches on the back and the front towards the top which was kind of disappointing to me because I was expecting a blemish free guitar

"Great guitar" submitted November 17, 2013

By Kyle L in Somerset, PA
Overall
Overall: Good sounding just got new vintage and looks like it's blemished

When you call, mention priority code 144W-68YY. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976