When you call, mention priority code 14RQ-08KF

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone LP Custom PRO

Modeled after some of the finest LPs ever made, this Les Paul Custom PRO sings. Its dual ProBucker pickups have coil-splitting for that single-coil bite.

"Wow I can't believe my ears" submitted February 15, 2013

By Kyle F in Sierra Vista, AZ
Musical Background: 15 years, Guitar Hobbyist
Music Style: Classic Rock, Rock, Heavy Metal, Nu-metal, Industrial Metal
Sound: The sound of this is close to that of a Les Paul Deluxe in a nutshell and half the price for the same sound quality. You can go from Jazz all the way through Nu-metal and beyond with this puppy. Feature: The Probucker 2 & 3's in this guitar are great I couldn't ask more sometimes I forget that they are passive pickups. I used active guitar pickups for about 3 years before making the change back. When I ran it through my POD HD 500, I was totally blown away I actually thought to myself there is no way this sounds like a Gibson Les Paul. By the end of the end night fingers tore to hell and back, I thought I was dreaming and still could not believe my eyes and ears. The features with the coil tap, which I hardly ever use to get a Fender sound which the guitar is spot on to with that single coil Fender sound without all the noise single coils tend to make was absolutely great!! Ease of Use: This guitar has a extremely fast thin neck, which was a big change for me because my Gibson has a baseball neck (50s neck) and this is more of the thin profile (60s neck). The volume roll off is superb and quick which takes time to break them in a little bit. However I did notice on this guitar was the neck width seems a little bit narrow (width wise) so your chording is a bit tighter formed than usual, if your use to the 50s neck or jumbo frets. Quality: All I can say is this thing looks and plays like a fine upper classed Gibson Les Paul Custom. If you have ever played one, it practically can play itself in the right hands. The bindings are not cheaply done of painted they are actual binding! Coupled with the Gold hardware it makes it look very gorgeous and at the same time exotic. The inlays are really done and even the custom symbol on the headstock it amazingly perfect. I just took it in to the shop for some minor truss rod tweaks I wanted and the guitar tech opened the case and stared at it for quite a while, in the midst of me talking to him and he says to me "Man, that is a beauty!" It made me really happy to hear this from a guy that works on guitars that are usually over $5000 bucks. Quality = perfect!!! Value: In short "Buy it, if not you are crazy to pass up on the quality and price point" Manufacturer Support: I haven't used Epiphone's support but since they are ran by Gibson they are really awesome. I however used Gibson support for my Les Paul and they are great. They really make you feel like family when you buy one of their guitars whether if its an Epiphone or Gibson. The Wow Factor: I have no number or comment to give this guitar. All I can say is play one and you will see what I mean. Overall: Last time I owned a Epiphone was back in the late 80's when they created a similiar designed guitar that looked like Zakk Wylde's without the bullseye. It was my very first guitar and it was built very well back then. This holds true today, I would venture to say if not better quality today.

"les paul custom pro" submitted November 20, 2013

By Dave Guethlein in charlestown, IN
Musical Background: I'm a guitar player with 47 years of experience
Music Style: Rock, blues, country, christian
Overall: I've played many guitars in my time and have had both Gibson les pauls and fender strats. I didn't like my gibson les pauls and have always went back to strats. In 1999 I custom ordered my latest strat from california, and have been mainly playing it for most gigs. 2 months ago I seen where they had a epiphone les paul custom pro (blemished) for a great price here at zzounds. I read the reviews thinking the whole time I would be wasting my money. I went ahead and ordered it anyway thinking I would be sending it back. when I got it I was amazed how beautiful it was and fine toothed it for the blemish, but never found it. The next test was to play and check out the versatility that it offered. i play through a egnater tweeker 40 stack ( downsized from marshall TSL full stack ). The sound was amazing! The neck is fast and smooth and the pick-ups are in your face PRISTINE! what I've always had a problem with on my les pauls was getting use to the thick muddy sounds of the pick-ups. The pick-ups are in your face powerful, with clarity. It is true that you can have your blistering humbucker sounds or pull your volume knobs out and get single coil simple and plain, no effort. This guitar is now my guitar of choice over all my guitars. EPIPHONE, you have converted a fender strat player and I would have never believed that.

"Very Impressive" submitted January 22, 2013

By Dennis Holland in Mount Olive, IL
Overall
Musical Background: Been Playiing guitar for aound 7 years and Drums on and off all my life
Music Style: Blues, Southern Rock, Country.
Overall: Received my LP Custom Pro yesterday not really expecting much. Wow! was I wrong. It was beautiful. I thought, "Let's see how it plays". Again, another Wow. The sound, action and intonation were incredible. I would recommend this guitar to beginners and Professional Musicians alike. Well Done!

"What A Deal!!!!!!!!!!" submitted October 8, 2013

By Ted Duvall in Lugoff, SC
Musical Background: Life long Semi Pro
Music Style: Rock/Blues/Jazz
Overall: I ordered the Les Paul Custom Pro from zZounds as a "Blemished" item for $399, & just received it yesterday as promised. Not only did I save a load of money (which I really needed to do budget wise) I got the Guitar of my dreams! The instrument came packed very securely, & just needed to be tuned (the intonation was spot on) When I opened & unwrapped the package I was speechless, & there really is no words that can accurately describe the beauty of the instrument, upon first sight. after I tuned it through my Vox Tonelab SE plugged into two Lake Placid Blue Fender Frontman 25's & engaged the sound, I was absolutely floored. The Burstbuckers produced every good cliche'd description of tone you could ever hope to hear, the sound & tone is just breathtaking. The push/pull coil splitting volume pots, work just as described & I could not hear any noise what so ever in either single coil mode. It also comes with the Tone Pro's Tune-O-Matic bridge set up, & I don't know if it does indeed add sustain, because the guitar already has it in spades. & I will have to let you know about the ease of string changes later, because I haven't changed strings on it yet. The strings that came with it (whatever they are) sound & feel great to me, so I'm not of the mind to change them just yet. That in itself was a very pleasant surprise. The guitar weighs in at just 10 pounds, & that suits me just fine as I like a little heft in an instrument like this. Is this guitar as good as a Gibson Les Paul Custom? I think its even better!!!!! Being that you now have to spend premium custom shop prices just to get a real solid non weight relieved Les Paul, or spend less which is still overpriced, for a Les Paul with a Baked Maple fretboard, & basic 490 series PU's & still get a weight relieved body. Epiphone has went all out with this model & others ( I own several). I highly recommend this instrument to anybody looking for a high quality guitar at an affordable price. I know you're wondering, what about the "Blemish"? Hell, I still haven't found it!!!!!!!!!!

"A Dream Come True!!!" submitted December 4, 2013

By David M in Henderson, TX
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing for 26 years. I play guitar primarily, but also play piano/keyboard, mandolin, lap dulcimer
Music Style: Primarily Contemporary Christian/Praise and Worship but also enjoy classic rock and oldies and some modern rock bands.
Sound: It's a Les Paul. It sounds beautiful. The split coil pickups with the coil tap gives you a very wide range of sounds. It can sound like a Tele, a Strat, so on. Feature: As I said above, the coil taps are just awesome. I wish I'd had this guitar when I was 16. I can't imagine where I'd be musically today. Ease of Use: The guitar is great. Very easy to use. The neck was a dream from the first time I played it. For me, the buzz was more of a personal gripe rather than a performance issue. It plays just as beautifully as the $1000+ LP's on the wall at the music store. Quality: It is very well made and I don't foresee this changing anytime in the future. Value: It's definitely worth the price. The guitar is beautiful. I got mine in the traditional Black/Gold finish. I've never had an electric guitar that I loved as much as this. Manufacturer Support: Never had a reason to contact Epiphone. The Wow Factor: The guitar is all wow factor. Overall: Ever since I saw the HBO concert in 1987 for Vietnam Vets and John Foggerty took the stage with his Les Paul Custom I was in love. Thanks to Zzounds pay as you play, I got one. I will say that one of the things that worried me about the guitar when I first got it was fret buzz. It wasn't coming through the amp, but it was still bugging me. What cured that was when I went to my local music store and picked up a $4000 Gibson Les Paul Custom and it had horrible fret buzz. This is an inherent problem with the Les Paul design. You can raise the bridge high enough to get rid of if, but then you sacrifice action. Zzounds was very helpful offering to replace the guitar and such, but with help from the local "go to" guitar tech, 95% of the buzz is gone. If you want that great Les Paul sound and feel but don't have a Gibson Les Paul budget, you won't go wrong with this guitar.

"really nice guitar" submitted October 20, 2012

By kenny n in toledo, OH
Music Style: rock, blues
Overall: i absolutley love this guitar. the quality is really there. at first i was hesitant about the quality compared to Gibson but it really plays well with plenty of sustain and the ummmph when you want it to deliver. believe me it delivers. when people come over, they just kind of stare at it because of its great finish (ebony) they always want to hear it. naturally i oblige because i just love playing it

"Return on investment." submitted August 11, 2012

By John F in Yonkers, NY
Overall
Musical Background: I'm 50 yrs old and have played professionally for many years and I still play daily. I play guitar bass percussion and keys
Music Style: Rock and Blues
Overall: At a certain point you have to look at your return on investemnt according to what you will be using the instrument for and what YOU expect to get out of your experience. This guitar gives you a wonderful ROI. I have a 2005 Gibson Studio (490r,498t) and it is a GREAT instument, and to my suprise this Custom Pro plays and feels like a gibson.(I've had 2 Gibson LP Customs). For the Money this guitar is a steal. Probuckers are extremely powerful and the neck is comfortable and well set up out of the box. Look...Ive been playing for 38yrs and I'm tellin you this is a quality piece. It suprised me to be honest. Buy it....play it....enjoy it...You know you want one.
28 of 30 people (93.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Les Paul custom pro" submitted December 21, 2012

By Gary Wilson in graham, NC
Overall
Musical Background: over 40 years of playing,was in a great band years ago,but never lost my passion for music
Music Style: rock,blues,christian. .
Overall: Ijust got this guitar and im really impressed with the quality and the sound this guitar has,i give it a 10 all the way hands down,you gotta be impressed with this guitar,ive been playing over 40 years and have had alot of name brands,the 8 payments is a blessing thanks very much zzounds.

"great guitar" submitted January 16, 2013

By chris lowe in bristol, TN
Musical Background: Professional guitarist
Music Style: rock, blues, metal., and country.
Overall: ive been playing for 21 years. 5 years proffessionally. this guitar sounds every bit as good as a 2k$ les paul. it plays so sweet. the coil tapping is a bonus. it gets a really shimmery clean tone when split. looks great to. play one and youll love it.

""Simply amazing"" submitted June 15, 2012

Overall
Musical Background: guitar jammer!
Music Style: tribal rhythmic beats, like Tool, pink floyd style and jimi hendrix style of playing long jams with deep emotion!
Sound: The sound is amazing, i have had the guitar for aprox 5 days, and it HAS NOT come out of tune yet! , when i got it, it had some slight fret buzz, but with the les pauls, the action adjustment is extremely simple Feature: when you pick this guitar up, plug it in and play, the first thing that comes to mind is, this is a premium guitar, you can really tell they did not cut any corners to produce this stellar guitar Ease of Use: its a heavy chunk of wood! alot heavier than my old ibanez, which cowers in the corner now from my les paul :) Quality: this guitar screams premium production, the tuner heads feel amazing, REALLY hard to get this guitar OUT of tune, it stays in tune so well, its ridiculous, the finish is beautiful, i got mine in ebony, i wanted it in silverburst because Adam jones of Tool is my idol, but i went with ebony and gold hardware... and i have no regrets!!!!! Value: with the right amp and the right hands, you cannot beat this guitar, its easily on par with a gibson. Manufacturer Support: have not had to use customer support yet, this thing is built to last Overall: incredible, the finest instrument i have ever owned!
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Lots of guitar for the money" submitted March 30, 2014

By Manny R in Ocala, FL
Music Style: Rock, metal
Sound: This guitar is capable to play any music style, not to sure about the really low drop tuning due to the scale length. The pro bucker pick ups sound amazing, Epiphone got it right with these pick ups Feature: Coil splitting for more variety of sounds and pro bucker pick ups which are suppose to be like Gibson burst buckers. Great sounding pick ups. Ease of Use: Comfortable neck, good action and awsome sounds if you know how to play. Quality: Finish was perfect, but I recommend to have it professionally set up if you are not familiar in doing so and replace the stock strings with quality strings. Value: This is the poor mans les paul. You get alot of guitar for the money and the sounds are awsome up there with a gibson. If you heard this guitar side by side to a real les paul you would probably not be able to tell the difference. Manufacturer Support: Have not needed and hopefully won't The Wow Factor: Awsome guitar. Just get it properly set up and you won't be able to put it down. Overall: This is an awsome sounding guitar. I reviewed this guitar before buying and I am glad I did. My guitar came packed very well and the finish was perfect without any visual flaws. It did have some fret buzz which was no big deal, since I had it professionally set up. I had the fret board scraped and had it conditioned with lemon oil, also had the frets leveled and the neck sanded for faster playing

"Nice guitar" submitted September 6, 2012

By W G in Hamilton, VA
Overall
Musical Background: Jam at home, been playing since mid 60's..but not in recent years. This axe brought me back.
Music Style: rock, blues
Overall: Really pleased with this guitar. Locks itself into tune, the Grover heads are precise, sound is great (love the single-coil switch) and with all the different settings for the pickups, a range of tones is possible. Neck plays smooth. This isn't a cheap guitar, obviously, but you'd have to compare it to Gibson Les Pauls that sell for 3 to 4 times as much or more. It compares *really* well. Bought an apogee Jam rig for this thing and I'm having a blast working with Garageband on both my Mac and iPad.

"Flawless" submitted June 1, 2014

By John J in Jasper, AL
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing and practicing at home for relaxation for 45 years
Music Style: There is only two types of music,ROCK and ROLL!!
Overall: I recently purchased my Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro from zZounds.I chose the Classy White with Gold Hardware, when it arrived I really gave it the once over to make sure it hadn't sustained any damage in shipping.I own a Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plustop Pro in Transblue and I knew what to expect with the Humbuckers with the split coils,sound wise.Having to compare the two Epiphones side by side I can also compare them with my Gibson Les Paul Government Model.The Custom Pro has a very comfortable feel and the Pickups are clean with a great deal of sustain.To be honest,I really love the Custom,it has a certain feel and sound of a quality instrument at half the cost of my Gibson.If someone wanted a quality guitar at a great cost,you can't go wrong with the Custom Pro.I have owned several Fender Guitars and I always come back to a guitar with dual Humbuckers.Once you hear and feel the Epiphone's and Gibson's,you always come back to them.

"Best one for Me" submitted May 4, 2012

By WILLIAM GRIFFITH in NASHUA, NH
Overall
Musical Background: Playing over 45 years. One time pro, now just jam with the guys.
Music Style: Mostly Blues and Southern-rock
Overall: I have an older LP Standard thet was tragically not cared for properly so it's nothing like it should be. Also have older Strat that's the opposite. It's like butter. This is the 1st brand new guitar I have ever owned. I picked the right one. Incredible value. It's so easy to play it'sike it plays itself. The response and sustain have to be experienced to believe. Do yourself a favor and grab one. zZounds 8 payment special makes it impossible to resist. Gave support 5 *'s but probably won't ever need it. But if I do it's EPIPHONE!
19 of 21 people (90.48%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Very good, not great. " submitted October 26, 2012

By Andrew A in San Pedro, CA
Overall
Musical Background: seven years. I play guitar, bass, and a little piano. i play mostly at home, but i used to play with my school's jazz band
Music Style: Rock, ska, blues, punk, metal, country, rockabilly, jazz
Overall: let me start with the bad..mine came with fret buzz, and a really bad nut. action was all off and so was intonation. just not good. but after some work and a new nut, it helped with a lot of the problems. but of course, there are still somethings wrong. pick-ups on here aren't horrible, but they are muddy. and when they're in single coil mode, the fret buzz is very obvious. ok BUT!!! i would recommend this for any intermediate guitarist if you find one that plays nicely :) they are solidly built and if you throw some nice pups in, it will definitely play how you want it. good for a nice classic rock, punk, and if you get it right with the distortion, even some metal. also sounds pretty nice clean. VERY good on the blues :)

"Epi Les Paul custom pro WOW" submitted May 22, 2014

By Gino G in Ambridge, PA
Musical Background: Playing a few years, jam at home
Music Style: mainly blues, some jazz
Overall: ordered it on a monday morning via free shiiping option..guitar came on wednesday..2 days..fast !! It was packaged very well in 2 boxes..plain brown on outside and outside box not shaped like a guitar box..important if you have unsavories living around you. The guitar was clean, as beautiful as the pics and sounds amazing. definitely worth the money! neck is smooth and pretty fast,pickups sound great, controls are easy to use. guitar feels like a quality well built instrument..i am very impressed. This along with my DeArmond m-75 make a good pair. I would definitely recommend this guitar to a friend and would buy again if needed. One helluva a guitar for the buck!!!

"Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro guitar" submitted November 8, 2013

By David Mallory in Ponca City, OK
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing for 40 yrs. Rock and gospel. Play 6-string and also bass.
Music Style: Rock Gospel
Overall: Awesome guitar and the case fits perfectly.Above my expectations!Thanx

"Amazing" submitted February 21, 2014

By Will Miles in IRMO, SC
Musical Background: I have been playing guitar for about 5 years off and on
Music Style: I have many musical styles. I love to play rock, metal, blues, country, just about anything with a sweet riff or solo
Overall: This guitar is the first one that actuality cost a lot for me. I have never been able to acquire these expensive guitars until I found this website. Ivan absolutely in love with this guitar and the black on white look makes it even cooler. I love the pickups, pick guard, headstock. It is the guitar of my dreams and I can say that I own it for now.

"Les Paul Custom Pro" submitted June 8, 2014

By Gilbert R in Canoga Park, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar home jammer.
Music Style: Rock, blues, classical, jazz.
Overall: The striking alpine white model caught my eye. I had to have it. Out of the box set up was good. I love this Baby. One day I may pay Gibson prices, but not today. Epiphone delivers all I need in a guitar.

"Epiphone LP Custom Pro" submitted February 19, 2014

Musical Background: Hobby Guitarist
Music Style: Several genres of rock, blues, jazz
Overall: I love this Guitar. I had to have it setup when it showed up. The action was a little high for my tastes. I'm not sure why it isn't advertised anywhere but one of the tone knobs has a push pull phase switch which was a pleasant surprise. I haven't had to deal with customer support yet. Doubt i will have to.

"Awesome Guitar" submitted May 21, 2012

By E Lopez
Overall
Musical Background: Play professionally and in my Home Studio. Been playing music all my life since about 12yrs old.
Overall: I was actually considering the Gibson Faded Model and thought I'll spend few hundred more and actually get a Gibson but this Epiphone is amazing and I saved a few hundred bucks. I actually play it clean no distortion no effects aside from a slight reverb and it sounds crisp, clean and fat. Chords sound clean and fat and I love that you can pull the knobs up and it gives you a single coil sound similar to the Fender Strat. I say similar cause some might argue that there is no way it sounds the same as a fender but to my ears and the right amp and Eq it sound the same. I do not know about the cheaper Epiphone Guitars as far as built quality but don't recommend any other cheaper Epiphone guitar since the pickups might not give you a decent sound. The built quality on this Epiphone is solid and the white tuxedo look to the guitar is stunning. Only negative is that I wish it came with a case, but this guitar is amazing.

"Stunning!" submitted February 7, 2013

By Roy Davenport in Fort Scott, KS
Overall
Musical Background: I started on Viola in the school orchestra at 9. Seriously worked at the guitar for the last 6 to 7 years.
Music Style: I play Blues.
Sound: The sound is all Les Paul, thick and warm at the neck, more bite and thinner at the bridge. The coil splitting adds another dimention to your playing and to the versatility of the guitar. The single coil tone isn't on par with P90s, but it will get thin enough to cut you, and is still articulate. The Probuckers full humbucker mode is rich and hot. Feature: The neck is possibly the best I've ever had in my hand. My Standard has a 3 piece neck, this guitar has one piece of quartersawn lumber. It is straight, and well finished. I also wasn't a real fan of an ebony fretboard, so this one being Rosewood was right up my alley. Ease of Use: I have come to expect great tone and sound from Epiphone products. This guitar does not disappoint. I especially like mixing single coil tones with the humbucking tones. I have two guitars with Probuckers, and I just love them. Quality: Having never purchased from Zzounds or used Federal Express for delivery, when this guitar arrived, I went over it with a critical eye. Outstanding. I have the Studio and the Standard as well. All three were produced in the same plant. Fit and finish meet or surpass any other guitar I own, and I have 20. Value: I was really hot for an Epiphone Les Paul Tribute. Couldn't find one with a plain top like they made a couple of years ago. I researched this guitar, bought it finish unseen. It has a plain top, the Wine Red is transparent to some degree, and all the appointments look rich and play rich. Well worth what I paid for it. I'm not going to miss the Tribute. Manufacturer Support: I own 10 Epiphones. I won't say I've never needed support. When I did a couple of times, Epiphone corrected the problem. Something to be said for their lifetime warranty. I now have every significant Les Paul model, from the Jr. up through the Custom, thanks to Epiphones working man prices and superior product. The Wow Factor: It is absolutely gorgeous. Zzounds didn't have a picture of it onsite. I found one elsewhere. Didn't matter, no picture is going to do this product justice. You have to see it and feel it to appreciate it. The finsh is deep, the hardware glistens, the sound is to die for. Overall: I just received my Limited Edition Les Paul Custom Pro in Wine Red. I did not want the Tuxedo Black or White version, there is a Silver and a Blue stain version I wasn't crazy about either. I bought this color unseen, and it is just stunning. A plain Maple veneer under the Wine Red finish, is all class.

"Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro Guitar" submitted December 26, 2013

By TERRY D in WINCHESTER, VA
Musical Background: Jam with friends
Overall: Top of the line....Very nice.....ZZounds made a dream come true......Thanks ZZounds

"epiphone les paul custom pro alpine white" submitted May 30, 2014

By walter murphy in hicksville, NY
Overall
Musical Background: have been playing for 36 yrs/jam with friends/used to play out but havent for a while
Music Style: rock .metal blues country
Overall: excellent value for the money sounds,looks ,and plays great

"Epiphone Les Paul custom pro guitar" submitted January 9, 2014

By Bruce C in Lincoln, RI
Overall
Music Style: I love rock !!!
Overall: An awesome guitar, quality built, a great feel, amazing sound options, a beautiful finish. Simply a pleasure to play !!!

""TRULY UNREAL"" submitted January 23, 2013

By Michael H in Honaker, VA
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing for 30 years but I am self taught and only a decent player. I am always striving to get better however!
Music Style: I love all music and I play Country, Rock, Bluegrass, and a little blues, but my love and the music I work diligently on learnin
Overall: First, I feel it is important to let everyone know that I am not an accomplished player. I mostly play for fun and love to play Contemporary Christian Music at church. I am self taught and probably have to work a lot harder to learn a song where as most who would purchase this mid-higher end guitar could pick up the same song a lot easier. The reason I am going into this is I know I rely a lot on these professional type reviews, but I felt it very important to do a review from someone who was looking for a higher end guitar that was just trying to move up into a more professional guitar. I was hoping this review would help someone like me that may be an average player at best but always looking to improve and wanted to step up into a more professional guitar. Not that other reviews are not great, I definitely rely heavily on them for the opinion of those that definitely know what they are talking about. I hope someone that maybe don't fully understand the lingo of all the ins and outs of explaining a guitar by accomplished and knowledgeable guitarists would appreciate one from a more lay person that really loves playing the guitar to help that person understand more about this instrument described by someone they may feel they fall into the same place as I as a lover of guitar music that saved and saved for that perfect instrument. Please understand I would not even consider purchasing a guitar without those professional reviews. Sometimes I just don't understand all the info that goes beyond my understanding of all the major details many of you are blessed with ability to explain and understand. With that said, my hope is that someone who, like I, need extra help in picking out a guitar would prayerfully find this review helpful since they are just stepping up into a much better guitar and needed to know how someone feels about the guitar that is just moving up into the higher end guitar also because they love playing, are striving to get better and are making that leap to get a guitar that for us is a massive purchase. The first aspect getting the guitar and seeing it for the first time I can assure you you will be truly amazed. I have looked and looked at this guitar all over the internet and I will just flat out tell you it is impossible to see the beauty of this guitar until you actually hold it in your hands. I have never seen a more beautiful and more wonderfully constructed guitar as this Epiphone Les Paul. Of course, I purchased this guitar due to the reputation of Epiphone and its wonderful reviews from all over the internet. However, I never dreamed a guitar could possibly be this nice and beautiful. Forget playing it when I first got it, all I wanted to do was look at it and get pictures of it to post on the internet. No way to do this guitar justice with a picture and believe me I looked for months at this guitar and researched it before purchase. Never had the privilege of seeing this exact guitar until in arrived at my door. As of yet, I have never seen, so far in my lifetime and I am a young 48, a guitar as beautiful and this one. By the way, I purchased the Alpine White with Gold Hardware. Truly Amazing. As far as the playability and sound of this guitar, there is none better. I have never owned a Gibson Les Paul but have had the privilage of playing many and I cannot see that there are any differences at least I can find. The guitar plays in my opinion just like a Gibson and is smooth in every way. I do have a decent ear as for acoustic guitars, I recently purchased my dream guitar I have played many times before purchase and in my opinion there is none better looks and sounding than the Taylor 310 CE. I saved for months and months to purchase the Taylor. The thing about the Taylor I now proudly own, it sounds as amazing amped up and is does playing without electrics. If you can see yourself investing in this guitar, please do not hesitate. It is more than worth the money. As crazy as this sounds, the looks alone are worth investing the money in this Epiphone guitar. The guitar truly plays beautifully and the action is perfect. I read that many feel it plays as well as the Gibson's. Not to cut Gibson. What a truly magnificent guitar, I just could not find myself paying the money it takes to be able to get the best as in Gibson, especially after just getting the best in terms of the Taylor a few months earlier, when I'm just a decent guitar player. I can assure you you will not be disappointed in the purchase of the Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro.(YOU REALLY HAVE TO GIVE A HARD LOOK AT THE ALPINE WHITE WITH GOLD HARDWARE)! Like I have stated, the beauty of this guitar is unreal and know one will be able to play along with you with a more beautiful guitar. I'd also like to add an opinion on the value of the guitar from ZZOUNDS! They offer the payment plan without credit checks and without interest which blesses people like me, I am disable and on a fixed income, by allowing us to make a much better investment than I ever would be able to by having their wonderful payment plan. I honestly feel they really want to be able to allow everyone to be able to own a finer musical instrument. I have spoken to representatives at ZZOUNDS and have always been treated with the greatest of professionalism. This is what left me without any question that I was going to purchase the Epiphone and purchase it from the truly professional staff of ZZOUNDS. I hope this review helps you in some way and that you succeed beyond your dreams in the ability to play guitar. May GOD Truly Bless YOU!
13 of 17 people (76.47%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"My new Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro" submitted April 22, 2014

By Mike D in Bremen, AL
Overall
Musical Background: I play at home and church. I am 59, I've been picking since I was about 10 years old.
Music Style: Christian, blues and country
Overall: I have had my Epiphone L P Custom Pro for about a month now. I am impressed with the sound and quality of it. I like the feel of it and it is easy to play. I am also happy to recommend buying from Zzounds. .

"Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro " submitted December 19, 2013

By Glenn M in Los Osos, CA
Musical Background: Playing 40 years
Music Style: Everything
Overall: Excellent value

"Holy crap" submitted June 10, 2012

By Zachary J in Page, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing music for 4 years now, which includes percussion, guitar/bass, jazz, rock, and metal.
Music Style: Jazz, rock and any type of metal.
Overall: Right out of the box this les Paul was amazing just like seeing a child being born. The way it sounded on the clean setting was 5 stars. For the distortion it great too, except when tuning in c or lower you can't get a good sound, but that's just me. I would recommend this guitar to every player of any genre of music, because it kicks major ass.

"Awesome guitar!" submitted November 12, 2013

By john bockbrader in bowling green, OH
Musical Background: working musician
Music Style: Classic rock and blues
Overall: This epiphone custom is every bit as good as Gibson, maybe better.The pickups are really hot, especially bridge pickup. I can get so many harmonicswith this guitar it really growls. Very nice neck, practily plays itself! Also, nice and slim.Yes, made in China,but Chinese really know how to construct a guitar!I am so very glad I chose this one! You really can get a very nice guitar in every waywith out spending the crazy dollars for a different headstock ( Gibson)If lost or stolen I would buy another in a hearbeat!!!

"smokin' les paul !!!" submitted December 2, 2013

By john bockbrader in bowling green, OH
Musical Background: played in rock band in the '80's, record nowdays
Music Style: blues & rock
Overall: When this guitar arrived it was already set up perfect! The pickups are hottest of any paul ive ever played. Im a seasoned player so that says a lot. Dont ever underestimate epiphone. I own gibsons and epi's and this is the finest les paul ive ever played!! Im overjoyed, this is the guitar ive been searching for all my life. Thanks zzounds!! Your pay to play puts you at the very top of guitar merchants on the web. Im most satisfied!!!

"Careful with that axe Eugene...mine was a pig!" submitted March 30, 2013

By Walt M in Wilmington, NC
Musical Background: 30+ years semi pro
Sound: I bought this from another retailer, not ZZ. When I received it, it looked incredible. I got a natural finish which looked real nice....but as I held the guitar I began noticing it just didn't feel like a quality instrument. After plugging in I was greeted with IMMEDIATE feedback and squeal from the same amp settings I use with my strat. Ok lets make some adjustments. The pickups in this guitar are crap. Very weak and thin sounding and they squeal like crazy with high gain. Feature: Standard LP features Ease of Use: sux can't find a good tone in this guitar Quality: crappy pickups...shoddy fretwork Value: there are other guitars in the same price range that are WAY better quality. Buy an Ibanez or MIM Fender before you buy this thing. Manufacturer Support: didn't bother...sent it back The Wow Factor: Not wowed at all except for the finish this guitar was a turd. Overall: sent it back for refund

"Great guitar and service !!!!!!" submitted July 10, 2012

By Chuck Broyard in South Miami, FL
Musical Background: 48 yrs, playing guitar, also play bass/ drums/percussion
Music Style: Classic '60's-'70's rock/ blues, country/ folk
Overall: I had originally ordered the Les Paul Custom (Ebony) w/ case back in March. It had been on back order, when ZZounds called me at the end of last month to inform me that Epiphone had discontinued it and offered me a Les Paul 'Custom Pro (w/o) case at a "similar" price. I wasn't "too keen" on the coil tap feature, but I could not pass up the offer.. Now after a week, I am a "convert". I also own a 2001 Les Paul Custom (korean made) in Antique White and could not tell the difference in tone in non- coil tap mode. For me my favorite coil tap modes are bridge or neck p/u coil tapped w/ the other in full humbucking mode w/ switch in middle position. Workmanship was flawless. ZZounds. com went " above and beyond" in making the offer to accomodate. I had a spare Les Paul type case, so the free case offer w/ the original offer was moot. Thanks, I love it !!!

"great service/price. good updating of a classic!!" submitted July 16, 2012

By Charles B in South Miami, FL
Overall
Musical Background: been playing 48 yrs . Guitar/Bass/ mandolin/drums/percussion
Music Style: '60's-'70-'s classic rock/ blues/country/folk
Overall: Ordered a Les Paul Custom in Ebony(w/ free case) back in March. zzounds contacted me advising that Epiphone had discontinued the previous model and offered me a Les Paul Custom Pro at a similar price (w/o case) I wasnt' really keen on the coil tap feature, but after receiving it and playing it, it was worth it. makes it more versatile. I also own a 2001 Epi Les Paul Custom in Antique White, and the build ( Korean) quality of the Chinese made Custom Pro is catching up. Minor diffeences in headstock shape are the only differences I can ascertain. Both sound identical in full humbucker mode. in the middle position ( both p/u's on) , using the coil tap feature on either pickup yields a great( more "clean subdued bell ringing" )rhythm sound.

When you call, mention priority code 14RQ-08KF. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976