When you call, mention priority code 155Z-237R

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone Prophecy LP EX

Shredders take note: the Epiphone Prophecy Les Paul Custom Plus EX is back, and it's loaded with high-output EMG 81 and 85 active pickups and black hardware.

"Incredible guitar for the price!" submitted February 7, 2014

By Kevin Sherman in Houston, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Still fairly new, just jam at home.
Music Style: Metal, classic rock, alternative
Overall: I was wanting this one for a while but it was always listed as on back order. One day I just randomly checked and they had one in stock so I swooped in and grabbed it and let me tell ya, not only am I so glad I did but so glad zZounds let me do the 8 payment financing for it. This guitar, the Midnight Sapphire could not look any more beautiful. Throw in the mother-of-pearl and abalone block and triangle fret inlays and mother-of-pearl knob caps and it is almost a good looking as my wife. The sound is fantastic! The 2 EMG humbucker pickers give you a sound that kick you straight in the jaw. Throw in the SpeedTaper D-profile neck and flying up and down the fretboard is a breeze compared to anything I have ever used. The case that it comes with is also better than I thought it would be but I do not see it spending much time in it. While I am always worried about having stuff shipped for fear of damage it was in perfect shape when it got here so a tip of the cap goes to Fed Ex for that. Everyone that has seen it loves it and I could not be any more happy with it. zZounds mad my weekend and they have a customer for life!

"Nothing you would expect; everything you wanted" submitted October 3, 2013

By Kenny R in Atlanta, GA
Musical Background: Playing guitar since 2007
Music Style: Rock, metal, alternative, jazz
Overall: I got this guitar because I was getting into heavier playing and music styles when I realized my Gibson Les Paul wasn't cutting it because of how fat the neck was. I needed something fast. Well built and a sexy body. I looked no further as this Epiphone Les Paul prophecy EX had everything I wanted in a guitar. The black hardware... The powerful EMG pickups.. The super fast neck, sleek and shiny body with that true Les Paul weight and design. I love it, to say the least. It plays so damn good, it rivals my Gibson Les Paul studio. It gives it a real run for it's money.
16 of 17 people (94.12%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"great guitar" submitted March 6, 2013

By Mike S in smithfield, PA
Overall
Musical Background: been playing for 30yrs. have played in bar bands now just play at home. i own 16 guitars and love this 1 for the price.
Music Style: metal,rock
Overall: love this guitar. nice looking. great sounds. very little adjustments needed .price is great. got it fast from zzounds.
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Epiphone Prophecy LP Custom Plus EX" submitted February 7, 2014

By a customer from yahoo.com in Roanoke, VA
Musical Background: I've been playing guitar for 27 years
Music Style: country, blues, classic rock
Overall: I ordered the blemished midnight sapphire epiphone prophecy lp custom ex. This guitar is beautiful; I couldn't find the blemish and either could two other people that i had look at it. This guitar looks, plays, and sounds great. The case that comes with it is a Epiphone hard case thats awesome as well. This guitar also comes with strap locks. Awesome guitar all around.

"Sexy!" submitted March 3, 2014

By Zack Sullivan in West Plains, MO
Overall
Musical Background: 6 years, Any stringed instrumemt, any brass, and tenor alto n bari sax. Semi-Pro
Music Style: Metal, Post-Hardcore, Jazz, Blues, Rock, Alternative. Styles like Djent, Groove, and Tech
Overall: Quality: Not the best quality in the world, binding was attached well, but you can see marks where they filed the frets, I received it with a cracked inlay, but since the action was spot on super low with no fret buzz, I'll trade minor cosmetic flaws for playability any day. Playability: not a thick neck like most lp models. I love the satin finish on the back. Don't get the sticky when you sweat. Low action, comfortable to play standing and sitting. Super heavy, I like the weight though. Sound: EMG 81/85, slightly darker tone because of the wood and whatnot. Doesn't sound as lifeless as EMGs usually do.

"The axe is awesome! " submitted January 15, 2014

By David Garcia in Houston, TX
Overall
Musical Background: I've been jamming for about four years. Never too late to start.
Music Style: Metal, blues, rock
Overall: I'm so glad zzounds approved me when I wanted the 8 month payment plan. I could finally afford a great piece of beauty like this. I love everything about it. The sound, the slim neck, the EMGs, and the case. I would definitely recommend this to a friend.

"Sweet thang" submitted March 27, 2013

By Colt H in Ford City, PA
Musical Background: 1 year guitar
Music Style: Alternative, rock, classic rock, blues, country, and contemporary Christian
Overall: This guitar stared me down as I walked into the store like a puppy at the pet store just wanting some attention. So I asked to play it and an hour later I was still playing! Awesome guitar, much better than the other prophecy. Very quick neck and practically plays itself. Great sustain and no buzzing. The Emg's were an awesome idea. I play a variety of music and this thing can play anything you want it to. The Emg's ate for shredders but I'm far from being a shredder although when I jumped on it I wasn't let down. Thin neck that your hand slides up and down fairly easy. It looks amazing as well. I tried the other prophecy and was surprised how much of a difference there was. The other model can't hold up to this one. The binding on this guitar is very nice. Overall the craftsmanship is very good on this. If you want a nice guitar and don't have a fortune to dump into one this is the way to go. I am purchasing one this upcoming week and can't wait for it to get here because we have unfinished business!

"Made in China - but so are iPhones." submitted December 24, 2013

By Shane D
Musical Background: Beginner - less than a year
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Electronic
Overall: Ok, I'm upgrading from an Ibanez GRG starter guitar and am using a Digitech GNX4 / Peavey Valveking 212, so this guitar is certainly better- on many levels- than what I had. Sure, it's made in China - but so are iPhones, so don't write it off because of that. Mine did have a small crack on the neck PU cover at one of the screws and a slight blemish in the binding, but not severe enough to warrant a return and in otherwise perfect condition. I contacted Epiphone and they are shipping another PU cover out, so very happy about that. I took it to my local guitar shop and they also remarked it being an excellent guitar for the money and had several people compliment on the gorgeous blue sapphire top. Although I did pay the $50 to restring and set it up, unless you know what you're doing, that's a given on just about any brand new guitar. The included hard case, upgraded quilt top and EMGs are what sold me. Being from TN and simply wanting an original Gibson LP all my life, I couldn't justify buying one yet at this stage of my abilities. The dual tone and volume controls allow for a bunch of tone variations and are an improvement over the last Prophecy, from what I've read. Of course, ZZounds Pay as you Play is such a kickass deal, how can you go wrong on getting a new piece of gear?! I'll update this in a couple months. Happy Holidays, everybody!

When you call, mention priority code 155Z-237R. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976