When you call, mention priority code 204-DYT5

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone Prophecy LP EX

Shredders take note: the Epiphone Prophecy Les Paul Custom Plus EX is back, and it's loaded with high-output EMG 81 and 85 active pickups and black hardware.

"Incredible guitar for the price!" submitted February 7, 2014

By Kevin Sherman in Houston, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Still fairly new, just jam at home.
Music Style: Metal, classic rock, alternative
Overall: I was wanting this one for a while but it was always listed as on back order. One day I just randomly checked and they had one in stock so I swooped in and grabbed it and let me tell ya, not only am I so glad I did but so glad zZounds let me do the 8 payment financing for it. This guitar, the Midnight Sapphire could not look any more beautiful. Throw in the mother-of-pearl and abalone block and triangle fret inlays and mother-of-pearl knob caps and it is almost a good looking as my wife. The sound is fantastic! The 2 EMG humbucker pickers give you a sound that kick you straight in the jaw. Throw in the SpeedTaper D-profile neck and flying up and down the fretboard is a breeze compared to anything I have ever used. The case that it comes with is also better than I thought it would be but I do not see it spending much time in it. While I am always worried about having stuff shipped for fear of damage it was in perfect shape when it got here so a tip of the cap goes to Fed Ex for that. Everyone that has seen it loves it and I could not be any more happy with it. zZounds mad my weekend and they have a customer for life!

"Very cool Les Paul for the bucks and features not at any price." submitted November 5, 2015

By Paul A in N Dallas, TX
Overall
Musical Background: playing 41yrs this year, yeah old I know. No longer worried about being a rock star. Building my private studio.
Music Style: Heavy jazz fusion of blues to metal. No country or poppy yada, It's always been about pushing the blues into more styles for me.
Sound: The EMGs offer a different overall sound than traditional LP HBs. Probably not everyone's taste. They have their points. Many get this Epi and refit the pickups. The EMG's are less woody sounding to me and not as good on that cool LP mid position which exemplifies the LP sound for me. They are not high output pickups regardless of what some think. Lower output w preamp, low string pull. They have their points and they sound good clean as well regardless again of what you read. I plan to refit mine w the same set as my 2015 LPM which I love dearly. Feature: Ebony fingerboard, 24 frets, excellent set up action, slim taper speed neck, high access to upper frets. Many features you cannot get on other LPs at any price. The finish is very good as well. I got the midnight Sapphire and it is a beautiful instrument. The above features make this a great LP you can always Gibson up more if you want. As is, a very good well made guitar and the licensed blureprint LP of Gibson. They own Epiphone by the way. Ease of Use: Like most LPs there are no bad tones here and more so than other guitars the art and class of the Les Paul is in the artful mix blend and use of the vols and tone controls to minutely adjust and vary the tones. Extremely cool compared to other guitars. Another reason why I am crazy over the whole Les Paul thing. Once you use one, you will get the whole thing and why these guitars are just different. Quality: Extremely good quality, well made and despite the China assembly thing, Gibson inspects them. Some vendors will do additional set up for you before shipping. Mine was set up pretty although I always spend a day or two working on my own uber tune setup with my strings. I had to do very little on this puppy. I little neck relief adjust and a little intonation for the new strings and closer action by a hair. Very good "pleck" quality on these Epiphones. Value: Oh, yeah, marvelous guitar for the bucks, hard to believe really. I still love my daddy LP but these are very affordable quality guitars. Better than you might expect at this price level. Manufacturer Support: No idea. Never contacted. The Wow Factor: Beautiful thing right out of the box. My wife was impressed by the pretty and the quilted sapphire color plus the added matching stone top knobs were very cool as well. Plays great, sounds great. Having a 24fret ebony board Les Paul is a hoot to be sure. Love mine. Overall: Affordable quality in a off the line guitar. Made to Gibson specs and owned by them Epiphone is the next best thing to the big daddy Gibson Les Pauls. Worth more than the price, did not expect such a beautiful finish and neck quality plek.

"Nothing you would expect; everything you wanted" submitted October 3, 2013

By Kenny R in Atlanta, GA
Musical Background: Playing guitar since 2007
Music Style: Rock, metal, alternative, jazz
Overall: I got this guitar because I was getting into heavier playing and music styles when I realized my Gibson Les Paul wasn't cutting it because of how fat the neck was. I needed something fast. Well built and a sexy body. I looked no further as this Epiphone Les Paul prophecy EX had everything I wanted in a guitar. The black hardware... The powerful EMG pickups.. The super fast neck, sleek and shiny body with that true Les Paul weight and design. I love it, to say the least. It plays so damn good, it rivals my Gibson Les Paul studio. It gives it a real run for it's money.
33 of 34 people (97.06%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"All Les Paul, But metal to the bone!" submitted June 26, 2015

By Paul F in Centerton, AR
Musical Background: 25 years, Professionally
Music Style: Southern rock hop country metal
Overall: I bought the Epiphone Les Paul Prophesy Plus EX and plainly stated, this is a great guitar..It has all the solid build of a Les Paul and all the power you need with the EMG 81/85 setup.. OK with that being said, The neck WONT feel like your standard Les Paul neck it thinner, smaller but with plenty of room and you can truly shred on this guitar. They stuff 2 more frets into the 24.75 scale but I never noticed the smaller fret widths.. The guitar itself is freaking gorgeous, I got the midnight ebony and the online picture do not do it justice. The quilted maple is beautiful, the black hardware just set the guitar off as well as being top quality with Tone Pro's bridge and Grover Tuners. I gave it all 5's except for support because I haven't needed it. I use this guitar in a studio setting, to play everything from clean country to blazing metal so it has a wide vocabulary and it will go nicely along side of my other LP's (Both Gibson & Epi).. But I will say I enjoy playing this as much as any I have. it's got low, fast action that makes the Epiphone Les Paul Prophesy Plus EX truly easy to play and enjoy!

"Amazing guitar!!" submitted April 27, 2015

By Ben Marshall
Musical Background: Playing for about 6 years
Music Style: i enjoy playing mainly Rock and Metal on electric guitars.
Overall: Let me just state up front that in no way am I a professional musician after only playing for about 6 years. I have owned other electric guitars in the past and I do play a Martin D-35 acoustic, thus I do know a good guitar when I hear it! I really wanted a Gibson Les Paul Studio, but I did not the price tag that comes with it. This Epi Les Paul is OUTSTANDING!! First off it is eye candy with its looks and with the long 24 jumbo frets that allow to just hammer it in ways I could never have imagined. This guitar will hit you dead in the nuts with the way it sounds playing metal on a good amp. The EMG active pickups are WICKED STRONG! Any of my family or friends that play it immediately fall in love with it. BTW I bought this guitar blemished for a discount under $500 and the only thing blemished the awesome hard shell case it came in. No big deal! Rock on!!

"Epiphone Prophecy LP Custom Plus EX" submitted February 7, 2014

By a customer from yahoo.com in Roanoke, VA
Musical Background: I've been playing guitar for 27 years
Music Style: country, blues, classic rock
Overall: I ordered the blemished midnight sapphire epiphone prophecy lp custom ex. This guitar is beautiful; I couldn't find the blemish and either could two other people that i had look at it. This guitar looks, plays, and sounds great. The case that comes with it is a Epiphone hard case thats awesome as well. This guitar also comes with strap locks. Awesome guitar all around.

"Sexy!" submitted March 3, 2014

By Zack Sullivan in West Plains, MO
Overall
Musical Background: 6 years, Any stringed instrumemt, any brass, and tenor alto n bari sax. Semi-Pro
Music Style: Metal, Post-Hardcore, Jazz, Blues, Rock, Alternative. Styles like Djent, Groove, and Tech
Overall: Quality: Not the best quality in the world, binding was attached well, but you can see marks where they filed the frets, I received it with a cracked inlay, but since the action was spot on super low with no fret buzz, I'll trade minor cosmetic flaws for playability any day. Playability: not a thick neck like most lp models. I love the satin finish on the back. Don't get the sticky when you sweat. Low action, comfortable to play standing and sitting. Super heavy, I like the weight though. Sound: EMG 81/85, slightly darker tone because of the wood and whatnot. Doesn't sound as lifeless as EMGs usually do.

"great guitar" submitted March 6, 2013

By Mike S in smithfield, PA
Overall
Musical Background: been playing for 30yrs. have played in bar bands now just play at home. i own 16 guitars and love this 1 for the price.
Music Style: metal,rock
Overall: love this guitar. nice looking. great sounds. very little adjustments needed .price is great. got it fast from zzounds.
13 of 14 people (92.86%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"A bargain price Les Paul, ups and downs" submitted February 13, 2016

By Paul A in N Dallas, TX
Overall
Musical Background: old school many decades player
Music Style: mix fusion
Overall: What is great about the Epiphone model LP? 24 frets, nice action, playability, finish while not like the expensive USA Gibson LP they are stiil very pretty and well done, Gibson owns Epiphone (since 1957) and the last couple decades of guitar builds are very good compared the dreadful ones a few decades previous. What's bad??? Well components are on the cheap side, pots, switches and what not are not great and you may have no issues but I did and I baby and wipe down my guitars. I replaced the 81/85s in mine with the better (I think) 57/66 set. Within a month I had to change out the entire wire harness and 3 way from noise and cracking up on the bridge especially. I had just plugged in the new pickups and left the factory wiring. I had to go back in and change all that out quality switch and EMG specific wiring and new pots. Black finish on the lower three bridge saddles wore off from me resting my hand on the bridge but not abrasively. That happened within a week, Epi sent me a new bridge but I am saving it as I suspect the new one will soon follow. The underlying metal would seem to be brass and not a tone or play-ability issue. I did not like having the saddle screws face the pickup side, just in the way so I flipped the bridge which really was no issue to the saddle slope which is really travel on the screw thread for adjust,. Paint job is gorgeous w matching stone top knobs. Binding appears to be a paint facade not real binding but doubtful anyone notices.\ Guitar seems to like 9-42 gauge w the thin neck, fast playing and reasonable access to upper 24th. (Very small fret space). All in all when you get the internals updated a very good guitar for the price range. Nice weight, woods are not as high end but that does not matter much to the tone really. I understand Epi does not use weight relief routing but their woods are lighter, so no big deal. A superior guitar for the bucks in looks and play-ability, a 24 fret LP made to Gibson licensed specs you could do much worse. If you can afford the entry Gibson models I recommend them. USA Gibson is what it is folks, but no 24 fret offering in there which I have to admit is pretty damn cool. I few minor updates and you have a great guitar.

"Wow! Epiphone has really stepped up and Yea zZounds!!!!" submitted July 19, 2016

By Paul E. Jazz
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing most all of my life! I play multiple instruments. Guitar, bass, drums, keyboards, Sax, mandolin...
Music Style: I have a diverse musical playing style. I was raised on Country and Blue Grass. Developed a Southern Rock playing style, influen
Overall: I've been a Les Paul guy as long as I have been playing (the better part of 40yrs now), and with Gibson getting more and more "out of reach" pricewise, I felt compelled to check out this Epy! So, here goes.....I must say, that it didn't start off to well. When the guitar was delivered, I made sure to stay home that day so I would be there to sign a delivery receipt, if you will. A friend stopped by and said hey what is this big box out here. They just left a $750.00 guitar at my doorstep, making it EZ for someone just to walk off with it...not acceptable! So that made me uneasy, but I was happy to see it arrive. I brought the box into my house and began to open it. As I opened the case for final inspection that's when I saw it...The guitar was in the hardshell case, and the headstock had been snapped completely at the top of the neck. I was horrified!!! I instantly got on the phone with customer service, and they were very gracious and sorry for my misfortune. Promptly, they sent me a return authorization, and told me just as soon as they receive confirmation that the damaged guitar was on it's way back to the warehouse they would send out a new one. Now here is the good part....I received my new guitar in One (1) Day!!! As you would expect, I went over the instrument with a fine tooth comb....People...it was absolutely Flawless! I couldn't find anything wrong with the guitar. I guess in a weird way, I was fortunate, because I knew that zZounds would really give this guitar a great inspection before shipping it out to me, and they did. The guitar looks great. And better yet, it plays like a dream! The combination of this guitar and my BlackStar amp creates the perfect sound that I am looking for. I couldn't be more happy with my purchase and with zZounds. They went all out to insure that I was a satisfied customer. So, guys and girls, if you are looking for a great guitar at a reasonable price look no further then to The Epiphone Prophecy Les Paul custom Plus EX. It is a fantastic Guitar. Thank you Epiphone and thank you zZounds! You make it possible for musicians like me and many others, that don't have a bunch of $$$ to plunk down on a quality instrument, with your pay as you play program! Keep up the good work, and I will order again!

"great sounding and affordable piece " submitted November 1, 2014

By Brandon t in sevierville, TN
Musical Background: been playing for 10 years. not professional yet
Music Style: Rock, blues, metal,
Overall: I bought this guitar in February and have been enjoying every minute with it. Not only is it eye candy but its a sweet experience all around. The EMGs are the perfect compliment to the axe. As far as "quality" and "value", there is a ton of people paying alot more for a lot less. And as far as I'm concerned zZounds has earned all of my future business!

"Nice Gibson spec Les Paul for the bucks" submitted October 30, 2015

By Paul A in McKinney, TX
Musical Background: playing 40 yrs, vast experience
Music Style: heavy fusion ranging all sorts of styles but no country or poppy yada
Overall: I missed out on getting another 2015 LPM which I dearly love. so I opted to try the Epiphone LP for the price break. Very nice quality for the bucks. Build workmanship is just damn good on these. Setup was surprisingly pretty good, I do my own tech work so I got the action down a little more, adjusted the proper relief and the pickup height. Intonation was pretty close. I did reverse the bridge so the screws are to the back like my LP. A great looker and has the tone. The EMG's are not what one would imagine w all the hype. They are not super high output and they do sound very good on cleans. They were invented for jazz fusion players and the articulation and definition is what metal players like. I do not recommend the 18v mod many do as EMG says you can damage the preamp or other components not made for higher v. They sound good as is. Still a great guitar for the price. Not quite the weight of the big daddy but fast neck and playability to high register is great.

"Very nicely done lower priced LP from the Gibson owned Epiphone " submitted November 19, 2015

By P A in McKinney, TX
Overall
Musical Background: 41 yrs this year playing throughout the range of live and studio stuff.
Music Style: tone heavy jazz fusion mix, no xian, no country, no poppy yada
Overall: I was very impressed w the looks and workmanship on this guitar, Have to say it exceeded my expectations. The features on a Les Paul body are just outstanding. Graphite nut, 24 frets, slim fast satin neck, EMG equipped, nice fret work. Says ebony board and it is dark but has a grain rosewood look to me, does not matter as it is dark like I prefer. Took very little set up work to really dial it in. While the classic 81/85 set is better than what I was expecting especially clean tones I think I am going to put in the 57/61 set for my playing style. Beauty quilted maple top, finish, even the knobs have matching stone tops. I play on adding a GK-3 to it as well. Epiphone LPs are a great buy. The big daddy Gibsons are just better, but this is a marvelous quality to cost ratio.

"Slightly Flawed, but still great." submitted November 29, 2014

By Kenneth Gottschlich in Fort Drum , NY
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar- 10 years. Bass- 14 years, Drums- 25 years.
Music Style: Rock, metal, classic rock.
Overall: I ordered in September, got my guitar about 10 days later. The shipping box was packed well and protected the guitar and case well through some obvious rough handling at the post office (typical for living on a military base). Got the hard case out of the box and the covering was bubbled slightly, not a big deal, I'd just expect better from Epiphone. I got wrong color guitar from zZounds, but after I looked, I decided that it wasn't a big deal (the midnight sapphire is not given justice in the pics online, it is beautiful) and plugged it in. Played great, needed a very minor truss rod adjustment but not bad. the 14th fret was my only worksmanship issue, it looked like it was hit with a brick. Rough, barbed, and currently being replaced by a luthier. Only Epi quality issue I have ever had so I am willing to let one slide. Other than that, beautiful guitar. If you're looking for a little more warmth I'd get the GX though.

"the sonic les paul" submitted November 17, 2014

By michael pisarczyk in onset, MA
Overall
Musical Background: ive been playing guitar for fifty three years. plan to debut on you tube next christmas
Music Style: blues rock especially allman brothers, Santana, and my own tunes that sound like allman brothers and santana
Overall: yeah man like I got this les paul prophecy custom with case for half the price of a Gibson. and it sounds great through a twenty watt fender champ amp!!!!!! this guitars gonna blow down doors when I get my marshall fixed. it doesn't have the muddy midrange of a Gibson and smokes out Santana and allman brothers.

"Midnight Ebony Beautiful " submitted February 11, 2015

By Eric J Capasso in Streamwood, IL
Overall
Musical Background: Beginner a little more.
Music Style: Metal, Classic Rock, Rock, Alt.
Overall: I got mine yesterday. I bought the Midnight Ebony witch is simply beautiful. I had to send mine back for an exchange. I tuned mine up out of the box after letting it get to room temp. At first I was a little disappointed in the finish. Seemed that they were a little light in the blue stain around the tail peace. I could see that area had a gold tint to it. Some scratches in the finish. The real bummer was as I was tuning it I seen some cracking in the binding by the nut. Ok, now I really need to send this back. As I was tuning mine I had it plugged into my amp and it sounded very good. The EMG pickups give me a good Metal playing tone. I sent zZounds a return request and called them. They were very good about getting this guitar sent back. Some of the scratches seemed like this was an open box that I got because the box was taped with a yellow plastic tape and retaped with a clear tape. Mistakes happen. I have a Les Paul Standard Pro and thought how much different can they play? There is a difference. The neck is a little thinner and with the satin finish its easy to slide up and down the neck. Sound is different. I just can't wait to get my replacement. My rating is going to be all 5 stars for this even though I had to send mine back for a replacement.

"BAD ASS" submitted May 20, 2015

By Chad Robinson in Hagerman, ID
Overall
Musical Background: I jam at home because music for me is about total freedom. Been playing guitar for about a year.
Music Style: METAL, Hard Rock
Overall: I almost cancelled my order after reading quite a few bad reviews for this screamer. Man oh man am I glad I didnt. This guitar is beautiful pictures dont even come close to showing you the btue beauty of this guitar. I will tell you also I read a few negative things about the quality of this guitar. I guess you just cant make some people happy because mine is just fine after pounding the crap out of it for about three hours so dont believe the BS this guitar will kick you in the nuts!!!!!

"SIMPLY AMAZING!!!" submitted March 30, 2016

By Kyle M in Murfreesboro, TN
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing about 15 years. Mostly electric guitar with some bass.
Music Style: rock, heavy rock, and some metal...ie 5FDP, Black Sabbath, Ghost, etc.
Overall: This guitar has simply passed all expectations I had set for it. As soon I got it I changed the strings and done a complete set up on it so that everything was perfect. I have been playing the s**t out of it and don't see myself putting it down for a long time. I can pretty much get any sound I'm looking for out of it. If you're thinking of getting one just go ahead. You won't regret it....or I don't.

"3rd Time A Charm" submitted February 20, 2015

By Eric J Capasso in Streamwood, IL
Overall
Musical Background: Beginner and a little more.
Music Style: Metal, Rock, Classic Rock, Alt.
Overall: I think Epiphone quality control is going down hill a little. First one I ordered had some finish flaws and some cracking by the nut and binding. The finish had some light spots in it. zZounds were very good at taking it back as an exchange. 2nd one I got I noticed a crack between the body and lower neck. Again zZounds were great to exchange it. My 3rd one now and no light spots in the Midnight Sapphire paint, no cracks. I did a string change, I like my Elixir Super Lights and did a set up. I tried to set the trussrod, but it wont bend the neck where I want it to be. I like mine at .014 spacer. Its at .010 and still playable. I had to change the action a little. Low E was set to 8/64 and 5/64. Now its low E is 5/64 and 4/64 for the high E. Any lower and I get some fret buzzing. I did a fret board oil, Dunlop 65 is some good stuff. Nut is fine, but the intonation was off. Plays very good. Sounds great. Looks unbelievable. zZounds, Love you guys, you really pulled threw with shipping me a good one.

"The axe is awesome! " submitted January 15, 2014

By David Garcia in Houston, TX
Overall
Musical Background: I've been jamming for about four years. Never too late to start.
Music Style: Metal, blues, rock
Overall: I'm so glad zzounds approved me when I wanted the 8 month payment plan. I could finally afford a great piece of beauty like this. I love everything about it. The sound, the slim neck, the EMGs, and the case. I would definitely recommend this to a friend.

"ZZ sounds Rocks!!! Les paul prophecy" submitted April 8, 2015

By Greg S in Foresthill, CA
Musical Background: 25 years playing
Music Style: Rock metal instrumental country jazz classical
Overall: zZounds is the upmost professional company I've ever had the pleasure to deal with I recently ordered a Les Paul prophecy custom and I am extremely happy with it the sound the price the quick shipping the way it was shipped the customer service and the payment plan all first class

"Made in China - but so are iPhones." submitted December 24, 2013

By Shane D
Musical Background: Beginner - less than a year
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Electronic
Overall: Ok, I'm upgrading from an Ibanez GRG starter guitar and am using a Digitech GNX4 / Peavey Valveking 212, so this guitar is certainly better- on many levels- than what I had. Sure, it's made in China - but so are iPhones, so don't write it off because of that. Mine did have a small crack on the neck PU cover at one of the screws and a slight blemish in the binding, but not severe enough to warrant a return and in otherwise perfect condition. I contacted Epiphone and they are shipping another PU cover out, so very happy about that. I took it to my local guitar shop and they also remarked it being an excellent guitar for the money and had several people compliment on the gorgeous blue sapphire top. Although I did pay the $50 to restring and set it up, unless you know what you're doing, that's a given on just about any brand new guitar. The included hard case, upgraded quilt top and EMGs are what sold me. Being from TN and simply wanting an original Gibson LP all my life, I couldn't justify buying one yet at this stage of my abilities. The dual tone and volume controls allow for a bunch of tone variations and are an improvement over the last Prophecy, from what I've read. Of course, ZZounds Pay as you Play is such a kickass deal, how can you go wrong on getting a new piece of gear?! I'll update this in a couple months. Happy Holidays, everybody!

"Epiphone Does Metal Very Well....Enough Said!" submitted June 4, 2015

By Kyle MacKerchar in HIGHSPIRE, PA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing For Over 10 Year's. Not Currently In A Band But Should Be. My Skills Are Good Ya Know Anyone?
Music Style: Metal, Hard Rock, And Blues When The Feel Is Right
Sound: Well First Off It Has EMGs In It. I Have Used Them Before And Will Never Go Back To Passive Pickups Again. Just My Prerogative Not Everyone Has The Same Opinion On EMGs As I Do And That's There Prerogative. My Opinion Is When You Start With The Best Why Use Anything Else. This Guitar Itself Is Good For Everything From Chicken Pickin Though To The Heaviest Metal You Can Channel Through Your Fingers. The Only Thing I Changed Is The Type Of EMG In The Bridge Position. I Have A Spare Set Of 81/85 And Happen To Prefer The Sound Of 85/85 In Both Neck&Bridge Rather Then The Traditional 85/81 Setup Of Neck&Bridge. But All In All The Sound Of This Beast Is Of 5 Start Pro Standards Indeed. Nough Said. Feature: The Most Useful Features. Well From A Functionality Stand Point Those Strap-Locks Are Essential. Without Them The Guitar Would Be On The Floor Which Is Where No Guitar Player Wants It To Be. The One Thing I Would Have Preferred Is If The Electronic Components Weren't Soldered In. But Out Of Millions Of Guitars I Would Guess That This Particular One Was Made Before EMG Went Solderless But No Worries I Can Just Buy The Solderless Kit And Do That Myself. Ease of Use: Not A Rocket Scientist That Ok Just Fine Learn How To Play Three Chords On A Guitar And You Can Make Millions Of Dollars. The Unreal Thing About That Statement Is And Brace Yourself For What The Next Two Words Are. ITS TRUE. Listen To Any Pop Songs You Can Find You'll Figure It Out. The Thing Is For Real Musicians Playing Music Is More Serious Then Just Reproducing The Same Mainstream Crap That's On The Radio 24/7. But To Pay Real Music You Need A Real Instrument And The Epiphone Prophecy EX Is A 5 Star Guitar. So If Your A Craft Driven Musician And Care About How Your Equipment Performs. This Guitar Will Deliver. For Pro's And Beginners Alike. Quality: Things, Materials, Woods, Metals. They All Tie Into What Sounds Are Produced When A Guitar Is Amplified. So On This Guitar You Have Mahogany Neck And Body. Graphite Nut And What It Would Think After Some Of The Paint Came Off And I Saw Gold Coloring Underneath Is Bass Type Hardware Painted Black. All Of Which Are Extremely Resonant Materials. So Made Well Yes And Put together Well. No Worries To Be Had And Nothing To Go Awry. Value: For $699 Dollars The Value To Quality Ratio Is Dead On And If Your Approved For The Installment Plan.....Well It's Like You Walked Into A Store And Screwed The Guy Out Of Five Hundred And Some Chump Change.Without The Analogy Its Basically A Steal. Manufacturer Support: When I Need To Talk To Them Then I Can Say But I Haven't Had The Need So I Won't. But That Does Say Alot About Quality Cause If I Had Talked To Them That Would Mean A Problem Had Occurred.Hmm....So I Guess I Didn't Need To Say All That About The Quality. Overall: Well for starters I'll go over key points everyone looks for when buying a guitar. Everything Was Included That Was Supposed To Be. The Guitar Was Set Up Perfectly. I Lowered The Action To A More Suitable Level For My Taste. No Intonation Issues When I Did That Or When I Went Form The String Gauges That Came With The Guitar To A 12 To 54 Set Of Heavycore Dunlop's For A Whole Step Drop From "E" To "D". For Any One Who Wants To Do So Here's The Turning From Low To High "D-G-C-F-A-D". For Drop C Just Down Tune The "D" Like You Would In "E". That Covers The Basics. And The One Extra Thing That Should In My Opinion Be Included With All Les Paul Guitars Is The Strap-Locks. There A Slip-On Version And Are Basic But With The Weight Of This Guitar You Won't Have Any Problems. They Do However Take The Black Finish Off The Strap Holders After Awhile. Thats Just Wear And Tear And Its To Be Expected. And When The Strap-Locks Are Slipped Over Its Not Visible Anyway. I Personally Don't Care If The Paint Comes Off But For Some People If Its Visibly Wearing They Freak Over It. I Don't.

"Epiphone Les Paul prophesy" submitted January 27, 2015

By Denny Berg in West Saint Paul, MN
Musical Background: Playing guitar for 30 years mostly just at home for fun
Music Style: Heavy metal and hard rock
Overall: I like the look and playability of this guitar. Not a huge fan of active pickups but they do sound good when playing with distortion. The hard case is nice too.

"Epi Prophecy Custom" submitted April 21, 2015

By Corey Burnett in Pittsburgh, PA
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing for 30 years or so. I play at home, sometimes with friends.
Music Style: Rock/Pop Rock, synth pop.
Overall: The active pick ups took some getting used to, but that's more a question of personal taste. The guitar looks awesome, but had a small amount of fret buzz as it came. I spend a few bucks on a fret polishing and set up and it's very nice playing. I think it suits metal and slashers, but an excellent instrument!

"Sweet thang" submitted March 27, 2013

By Colt H in Ford City, PA
Musical Background: 1 year guitar
Music Style: Alternative, rock, classic rock, blues, country, and contemporary Christian
Overall: This guitar stared me down as I walked into the store like a puppy at the pet store just wanting some attention. So I asked to play it and an hour later I was still playing! Awesome guitar, much better than the other prophecy. Very quick neck and practically plays itself. Great sustain and no buzzing. The Emg's were an awesome idea. I play a variety of music and this thing can play anything you want it to. The Emg's ate for shredders but I'm far from being a shredder although when I jumped on it I wasn't let down. Thin neck that your hand slides up and down fairly easy. It looks amazing as well. I tried the other prophecy and was surprised how much of a difference there was. The other model can't hold up to this one. The binding on this guitar is very nice. Overall the craftsmanship is very good on this. If you want a nice guitar and don't have a fortune to dump into one this is the way to go. I am purchasing one this upcoming week and can't wait for it to get here because we have unfinished business!

"Epiphone's quality control is subpar" submitted May 25, 2016

Overall
Overall: I received my guitar 4 days ago which has a warped neck and is now starting to crack directly below the nut on both sides with the front facing right side being worse. I will not be exchanging for another one and will not be using Zzounds again once my refund has been completed. And when I called to initiate said refund, I got the worst customer service rep I've talked to in quite awhile.

"Love this guitar!!!!" submitted February 8, 2016

By Dana C in Tyler, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing 42 years. Guitar, Bass, Piano, Keyboard.
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Some country, Classical. Pretty much anything that I like.
Overall: I actually bought this guitar for my older brother for his birthday. It was the one that he wanted. We have both been guitarists for 40+ years, though he is considerably better than I ever was. When he showed it to me in the ads, I was thinking why not just buy a Gibson Les Paul? I have one, and I love it. But it was what he wanted. Let me just say this, it makes my Les Paul look sick. The fit and finish is as good as you will find, the active pickups will make you sound like a pro if you know how to play. Finger action is like my Explorer (which is the best I had seen up until now). It isnt a beginners guitar though. It is touchy and will point out all of your mistakes to you. I thought when I bought it that the price was a bit steep for an Epiphone. But it being Gibson anyway, you will think you stole it from someone. It is every bit the guitar that a gibson les paul is and a little more, unless you want to spend $3000 on one. By the way, my brother can make it sing. Pretty impressive.

"Great sounds" submitted July 7, 2016

By David Rouse in Watha, NC
Overall
Musical Background: been playing since i was old enough to swing sticks 34 36 years lol everything that was in my church growing up
Music Style: southern gospel christian rock southern rock jazz and metal some indie and alternative to
Overall: I have always wanted a Les Paul and well this one sparked my interest, active pups and 24 frets plus a shredders neck plus the finish. Now I own my first LP and I am in love. Setup was perfect, fresh strings and plugged her in, oh my, I own several high end guitars including a prs custom and this guitar out plays them all and half the price of my cheapest (Ibanez 7 string) the pups are to be swapped out soon not sure what i want to use but so far the EMGs have been great.

"Just got it" submitted March 18, 2016

By David R in Watha, NC
Musical Background: around 25 years Drummer at heart but love a good guitar
Music Style: a lot of diffs
Overall: In 5 minutes I went free bright jazz to some nice deep growl in your face metal. The finish is flawless love the active EMG pups, I am in love already will deff bring a follow up

When you call, mention priority code 204-DYT5. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976