When you call, mention priority code 15WK-YWYQ

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone Prophecy LP GX

This hot-rodded Epiphone Prophecy Les Paul boasts a quilted maple top and a powerful 490R/498T humbucker complement, complete with push/pull coil-tapping.

"Very nice!!!!!" submitted November 15, 2012

By Dijuen Harvey in Moreno Valley, CA
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing music of various genres for about 15 years. I started playing and obsessing over guitar about 4 years ago.
Music Style: Anything that sounds good. In my heart, I'm a bluesman, and my soul (and some my DNA) is in Mississippi.
Sound: I like the pickup selection for this guitar. The pickups are very responsive. I have owned a couple mixed sets of Burstbuckers (ones, twos, threes, and pros) as well as the 57 classics which I still have and use regularly. In comparison to those pickups, the 490R and 498T hold their own. I tend to be a little more about finding my tone, as opposed to copying others tone. That said, I find the combination to be versatile and well suited to my needs. Of course the body, weight, scale, neck and other factors also lend a lot to the sound. In that regard, this guitar has an overall pleasing sound to my ears. Feature: I love the coil tap and the 24-fret neck. I don't care much for the control knobs and will probably change them, though they seem to be of fine quality. The pickup selection sounds good coil-tapped. The neck has the slim-taper D profile, which I fell in love with when I bought my 60's Tribute Plus. Feels great and plays very smooth to the touch. Ease of Use: Pretty straight forward. Set it up, tune it, play it. Quality: Overall, this s a very well made Epiphone. However, I felt that the binding and fretwork could have looked a lot better on mine. Though the feel is there, it looks like a caveman fitted the frets and binding. There are some small scratches on the fingerboard at the last fret. The paint seems to have slightly went over the binding in some spots. Normally I would have returned it right away, but I could not stop playing it. That's a good sign so I'm keeping it. Had this guitar been a Gibson I would have pitched a fit and called zZounds and the manufacturer. Luckily for them, I buy Epiphone because I play the hell out of my guitars. Value: I believe it is worth the selling price for sure. Real mother of pearl inlays (mixed in with Abalone designs on some frets), 24-frets, satin finish neck, and Gibson pickups? Very well worth the money. This thing could handle a a Gibby studio any day. Manufacturer Support: Never had to deal with them once in years. The Wow Factor: I bought the sunburst finish so the look can be very polarizing with the quilted maple veneer. It seems that you either love it or you don't, and I love it. Looks a little different than the picture, but that's not a bad thing as every guitar is unique. Overall: One of the best guitars I own.......period.

"Good & Bad" submitted March 27, 2013

By Kevin Q in Glenview, IL
Overall
Overall: Played a Strat for years, but wanted a Les Paul even longer, just couldn't justify the expense. Found this Epi online and did a lot of research. Seemed like the guitar for me and I've been generally happy with it. After adjusting the action-way too high-it plays much better . The pickups are ok but the neck humbucker is a little bassy for me. If I have a issue with this guitar it is in the asthetics. Obviously produced in China, there are a lot of small imperfections that would have made me leave it at the store. The neck up by the body isn't finished properly, the inlays on the fretboard look nice, but have pits and blemishes. The strap buttons aren't screwed in straight and the pickup controls are crooked. Also, the pickup selector is half sideways and very stiff. Not deal breakers, but minor annoyances that I will learn to put up with over time. Probably the last time I will buy online though.

"Zzounds is unlike no other" submitted February 11, 2014

By Ines C in 1703 Cathay Dr, CA
Overall
Musical Background: I play at my local church, and I play at home personal.
Music Style: Gospel
Overall: Zzounds is unlike no other, I've gone to my local Guitar Center, to play with the Guitars. But that's all I've been able to do, now I came across zzounds play as you pay program, and now I actually have a beautiful guitar in my possession. Thank You ZZOUNDS!!

"Great Guitar" submitted March 8, 2013

By Edward Publik in Tunkhannock, PA
Musical Background: 20 years experience
Music Style: Rock / Metal
Overall: I get alot of compliments from the guitar" Everone asks were did you get that guitar "or "what model guitar is that" My girlfriend is not generally interested in guitars, but she wants me to keep this one.This is Epliphones greatest les paul model. How they pulled it off for the price is a mystery to everyone alot of guitar for the money here!

"epiphone les paul prophecy gx" submitted March 30, 2014

By james B in Redlands, CA
Overall
Musical Background: i have been playing for a couple of years
Music Style: my interest is mostly blues.
Overall: I would just like to say that this guitar is everything I hoped it would be. the finish is excellent, with no detectable flaws, and it arrived properly setup and ready to play after tuning. the tone is very good and the sonic versatility is also very good. the ability to split the pickups is an added bonus in versatility. the neck is very nice to play and quick. a very nice guitar.

"Awesome" submitted March 2, 2013

By Timothy T in San Francisco, CA
Overall
Musical Background: I play guitar for the past year and I played the bass for 6 years. all self taught.
Music Style: Anything that sounds good or presents a fun challenge.
Overall: This guitar has been life altering the craftsmanship and the tone quality are immaculate and exceed the expectations for a guitar in this price range and offers a lot of variety in the sound it can achieve

"not very happy" submitted February 23, 2014

By Charles B in Waynesville, NC
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing music for 35 years, owned and own several guitars.I play semi pro for Jacked Up Joe.
Music Style: Hard rock, blues, metal
Overall: The wiring seems backwards. The pickups that is. Very noisy guitar. Lot of buzz when plugged in. And the frets stick out just a hair off the neck. I bought an epiphone les paul standard a couple years ago and it was awesome. This one was a little disappoi nting. The color was great. I really liked the look and "overall" playability of the guitar. But dont like the thing mentioned above. I play semi pro and my band plays a lot. And really needed this guitar and loved the look of it.

"Epiphone Prophecy Les Paul Custom Plus" submitted March 11, 2013

By Raye P in Philadelphia, PA
Overall
Musical Background: I am getting back into my guitar playing. I used to play professional when i was much younger (i,m 55 now)
Music Style: Strictly R&B or any other type of music that i like.
Overall: I a little shocked at the Epiphone company ( The Epiphone Prophecy Les Paul Custom) I,ve brought about 3 different guitars (Epiphones a Les Paul Classic, Les Paul Custom ans a ES375 Jazz guitar) and I was really quite satisfied with all 3.Now I know this Prophecy is not a "Gibson" but Lawd! this guitar the white trim part looks really cheap! and it feels cheap as far the action (compared to the other 3 this guitar?) Now this is just my own personal opinion" Epiphone must be trying to get rid of or discontinue this particular model.

"epiphone les paul prophecy guitar" submitted November 6, 2012

By Charles W in caryville, TN
Overall
Overall: this is an excellent guitar for the money you will not beat it

"wouldnt recommend it" submitted July 1, 2014

By patrick e in copperas cove, TX
Musical Background: over 20 years , guitar and bass , working musician
Music Style: rock ,country,metal,blues ,electronic
Overall: poor quality , no sustain, unplayable out of the box, shoddy craftsmanship .

"A great bargain" submitted July 1, 2013

By john b in st. joseph, MO
Musical Background: guitar,bass,drums,keyboards,harmonica,HammondB3
Music Style: Blues
Overall: I'm 63 years old so this is only going to appeal to a small click of people.Anyways,to me this is the perfect LP.My favorite things about it are the non- weight compensated body,and the Gibson USA pickups.In other words it's heavy like a 1960's,1970's era LP.,and has a great Paul Kossoff/ Bad Company sound.I play Southern Fried Blues,mostly Duane Allman type stuff,without the slide,but keeping the crunch,and tone.People talk about "tone machine",when really they mean loud machine..This is more a tone machine.The extra weight,gives you that violin,cello,type tone,almost 3 dimensional,like the 1970's models.The closest I can get is the hardtail LP Jeff Beck used on his "Blow by Blow"album.Fit and finish is good,but again,it's not a Gibson.I got the heritage cherry,and swapped out the knobs for gold witch hats,and added an antique white rhythmn/treble round plate.The neck is of course longer,so a pickguard is not gonna fit.Oh...!One very importatnt thing.The neck on the GX is ROSEWOOD,the neck on the EX,is Ebony.Epiphone states this very clearly on Brian Asbys' promo,the trick is to listen!Remember,rosewood necks need some oil every month.I use a Beeswax,and lemon oil combo.If you play blues,or cover 70-80's kinda stuff it's a great choice,at a great price.Don't be afraid to get out a screwdriver,and customize your pickups,that's what makes your sound unique!

"Wow!" submitted May 17, 2013

By john benson in st joseph, MO
Musical Background: 30years on guitar,and keys,semi pro
Music Style: Blues,Blues,Blues
Overall: I just recieved my GX last week and it already has this familiar,broken in feel.I'm sure that I'm not playing any better,but definitely faster.The tonality alone is worth the extra bucks.A lot of idiot info is on youtube,and I guess some teenager,has shared with the rest of the world,the ebony fretboard thing.Read this junior,if you can...EBONY on the EX,ROSEWOOD on the GX.Simple for those of us with a GED.Anyway a great non-weight compensated LP.(that means it's heavy)USA Gibson HB's,a huge radius,ans great finishes,Lots of other goodys give it a dead ringer chunk of tone from 1968.Buy one!

"Awesome Guitar!!" submitted March 19, 2014

By Adam M
Musical Background: playing guitar for 20
Overall: This is a great guitar. Les Paul feel and tone its a very heavy guitar its heavier to me then my friends Gibson gold top but plays great nice and smooth. If your looking for the Les Paul tone and feel you won't be disappointed

"Garbage Junk from China" submitted February 15, 2013

By John Wilbur in Freemont, MT
Musical Background: 33 years Professional
Music Style: Rock,Metal
Overall: Blemished finished, poor sound quality, poor craftsmanship,Dont wast your money Buy a American Made Fender instead or a Gibson.Poorly made Guitar!!!!

When you call, mention priority code 15WK-YWYQ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976