When you call, mention priority code 20V-2WW2

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone Bjorn Gelotte LP

Built in the image of his beloved Les Paul Custom, this Björn Gelotte signature features dual EMG MetalWorks pickups for searing Swedish heavy metal tone.

"Excellent Guitar!" submitted August 21, 2016

By Mike G in Staunton, VA
Overall
Musical Background: 33 yrs., various bands at one time or another, mainly jam at home now/occasional gig
Music Style: Blues, Rock, Classic Rock, Hard Rock, Metal
Sound: Sounds incredible! Many people turn their noses up at active pickups, but I think that these are very versatile. If plugged into a Plexi, lower gained amp, you can go from an almost clean, bluesy break-up to a nice crunch with the flick of the pickup switch, or turn of the Volume knob. Of course, plugged into a high gain amp, you get all the saturation, sustain, and gnarly tones you could ask for. Feature: Well, it's a true Les Paul Custom: all Mahogany body (no maple), Ebony fretboard, Block inlays, binding all around, gold hardware, etc. What sets this apart, are the EMG's and Grover tuners. Excellent. I like that the only identifying feature is the subtle change of the headstock inlay and truss rod cover. Classy. It comes with a set of "strap locks", although they don't appear to actually lock..I purchased a set of Schaller strap locks (as I do for every guitar I own)-this is the only part I see having to change. Ease of Use: Most easily playable guitar I own. Was set up a little low from the factory (standard, I like high action and thick strings). Most people will be happy with the way it comes. Quality: This appears to be very well made. I did see one tiny spot where the ebony finish bled onto the first layer of binding a bit (hardly noticeable), and perhaps the fret ends could use a bit more attention, but neither affects playability or detracts from the guitar whatsoever. Overall I'm very impressed. Value: Well worth the price. Manufacturer Support: No info yet. I did notice one of the case latches is a little bent, but I think I can probably straighten it out. I'm definitely not sending it back over this. The Wow Factor: If you like Les Paul Customs, you'll like this. Overall: First off, a little background. Been playing for 30+ yrs.Currently own 5 electrics and 2 acoustics: -1988 Charvel Model 4 w/EMG's (81,SA,SA +boost circuit) -1994 Epiphone G-400 w/Seymour Duncan's (Seth Lover -N, SH-4 B) + Sperzel locking tuners -1999 Gibson SG Special w/Gibson (Toni Iommi -B, and stock 490R -N) + Sperzel locking tuners -2006 Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Vintage Mahogany w/EMG's (81 -B, 85 -N) + Sperzel locking tuners -and of course this guitar. I've also owned a couple higher-end guitars: a 2006 Gibson Les Paul Standard AAA flamed maple -iced tea burst, and a PRS SC-250 vintage sunburst 10-Top. Now for this beast of a guitar. Wow! Everything about this guitar screams quality. The build, fit, finish, components, hardware, case, presentation, even the set-up out of the box are all top notch. Considering that it comes equipped with all the hardware I would install myself, as well as a really nice, unique case, ebony fretboard, etc..this is a hell of a deal.

"Outstanding guitar!" submitted January 22, 2016

By Michael B in Mather, CA
Music Style: Rock & metal
Overall: Love this guitar. Plays, sounds & looks great in every way. For $800 it is so worth it. Craftmanship was exceptional. Only changes I made was install a new set of D'Addario 9 strings, lowered action & slight adjust of the truss rod which I do on every new guitar. Buy this guitar!

"awesome guitar" submitted October 7, 2016

By Matt W in Pennsburg, PA
Overall
Musical Background: 17 years experience. Finally getting back into a band after more the 10 years.
Music Style: Jam band, rock, hard rock, metal, blues...
Overall: With the meaty 59' neck, solid mahogany body, and EMG pickups, this guitar sounds and plays amazing. It has the feel of a Gibson Les Paul traditional, and i sincerely mean that because i have one and played them back to back. The only thing really missing is the sweet smell of a nitro finish. The one i received is flawless, both the case and the guitar. The action was set up perfect, although, i did change the strings before actually playing. This guitar is worth every penny. Hats off to Bjorn Gelotte and Epiphone for creating the wonderful guitar.

"Epiphone Bjorn Gelotte Les Paul Custom" submitted May 25, 2016

By Tim Fox in Bluff city, TN
Musical Background: Jam at home
Music Style: Rock,Blues
Overall: This was my second purchase from zZounds using the Play as you Pay program..I just have to say I love the Play as you Pay program!! Makes it easy to get the gear you want.. The first Bjorn I received had a broken neck..No damage to the shipping boxes..I called them and explained the situation..They emailed me a return label within 15 minutes with no questions asked..I returned it back to them and they shipped me another Bjorn..This one was in excellent shape with no damage..Setup was great outta the box..I just can't say enough good things about zZounds..They have great customer service and stand behind what they sell..I will do all my music gear shopping with them in the future. They are just Awesome!!!

When you call, mention priority code 20V-2WW2. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976