When you call, mention priority code 20H-LVLQ

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone 56 Les Paul

Fusing modern design with vintage-spec appointments, this limited-edition Epiphone 56 Les Paul Standard transports the sounds of the past into the future.

"Great P-90 Style" submitted October 13, 2015

By Zachary Raider in Muskegon, MI
Overall
Musical Background: 10 years as a drummer, 3 as a guitar player. Jam at home and with friends.
Music Style: Blues, stoner, alt-rock, doom, metal, hardcore, thrash, progressive
Overall: I've wanted a Les Paul for a while; however, I'm not too keen on the sunburst or goldtop everybody seems to rave about. The first thing that drew me in to this guitar was the beautiful blue finish, semi translucent blue; paired with the creme pickgaurd and pickup covers, this guitar is a vintage beauty. Just a coincidence I was also looking for a nice set of P-90's. This guitar offers decent sustain out of the box, action was a little high, easy fix. Neck is definatly thicker, as I expected, easier for my fat hands. Frets feel nice, shorter feeling neck than some stuff I've felt before. Kinda nice though. Solid built. No dive either, which is great. The pickups exceeded my expectations. I play a wide range of rock music; this guitar caters to the more bluesy, stoner rock stuff I play. Paired with a fuzz box, this guitar can get some sick fuzzy tones with minimal hum. I love it. I don't like the knobs. In fact, I will be buying speed knobs for this guitar very soon. They stick; in fact, I can feel them grinding against the body. It makes me cringe every time I use them. I'm not a fan of the gold color either. May replace with a creme. Otherwise, love it!
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Epiphone Limited Edition 56 Les Paul " submitted June 12, 2015

By Barry G in Latrobe, PA
Musical Background: 40 years acoustic and electric guitars, drums
Music Style: rock, country, rock n roll, classic rock, easy does it
Overall: Love at first strum. Picked it up felt the chunky neck wow. Sighted down the neck looks good. Tuned it up and pluged into VoxAC 15 and it was all I needed. Been waiting for Les Paul with P90s for some time, was worth the wait. Setup is spot on. Nice guitar, thank you Epiphone, thank you ZZounds. P.S. My 13 year old is already trying to get it out of my hands and into his.
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"My New Go To Guitar, the Les Paul Pro--Hail Hail 56'" submitted December 16, 2015

By Richard E in Cliifton, CO
Overall
Musical Background: Lifelong guitar player, performer, singer songwriter, and BS man, ha
Music Style: Multi styled taste, including, rock, blues, jazz, soul, hardrock, and some metal,
Overall: First, its about weight, what a chunk of Mahogany, you feel it right out of the box,and that translates into great tone; then there is the original 56 neck which is not a modern radius:, you will get used to it, but it is pretty dang thick and may put off many players, the IBZ Wizard 3 crowd mostly likely for sure. But this added mass of unrelieved body and the thicker classic neck are what the 56 mix is all about! Nevertheless, all this bounty of tone wood alone won't take ya to guitar sonic nirvana, gotta have pro quality electronics too; and man, the new Pro P90's are monsters. Sorry, but no the 56 Les Paul is NOT a metal shredder, reason being that gained out p'up noise in an over grown single coil is prohibitive; however the voice of the newly designed P90's carries much weight indeed! This is the same pickup used in the rave reviewed EPI ES 339 and that guitar is means as hell. Actually to our ear the 90's do it better in some ways than the standard issue PAF 57 buckers, especially at the neck; the P90 in that position is a very exciting voice indeed, kinda makes stock buckers sound boring! Pretty sure the original 56 Les Paul did not do it much better! Guess we may never know. Tell ya this, old Neil Young has loved his Les Paul with P90's for the last umpteen years, something bout that construct; guess you guitar geeks out there will need to find out for yourselves! One last thing, the fit and finish just cannot be improved upon, very, very close on this run; now the Chicago Blue may not be for every players taste, yeah, certain shades of blue can be kinda icky sometimes, I git that; but EPI got this Chicago thing right in my opinion, it just has a quiet kool, and no candy! All in all the 56 Pro Chicago Blue is a most appropriate color since it is hard to imagine a better Blues voice than this model Les Paul pumps out; it bites and growls and sings and sustains and more! A very inspiring guitar indeed, it will take your playing to tonally new places, boldly go and buy one before the run is done, you might even rap dat! And yep, the price point is dead right for this much pro quality--nuff said!

"Epiphone 56' Les Paul pro" submitted April 12, 2015

By Larry Holt in Dayton, OH
Musical Background: At home or with friends
Music Style: Rockabilly , surf instrumental and classic rock also early honky tonk country C/het Atkins / Don Rich type p[icking
Overall: First guitar I got had a twist in the neck on the low E side. Called and received great customer service but had to wait 3 day to get a return shipping label. re packed guitar a drove it to UPS center and they took it immediately. next called to confirm the the return shipping receipt. asked that someone who a little about guitar to check the neck before send a replacement. was told the warehouse people did not know much about anything but the shipping , but someone did sighjt down the neck as the box had been opened and re tapped. Anyway got my replcement quickly and i am extremely happy. I would not hesitate to buy from zZounds again. Also want to say again GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE! And Epi did a great guitar I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

"Hot little mama." submitted March 14, 2015

By Roy Davenport in Fort Scott, KS
Overall
Musical Background: i started playing music 40 years ago in the school orchestra, I started on guitar about 10 years ago.
Music Style: British Invasion, Electric Blues
Sound: They went back to the original specifications and materials for the P90s. They are powerful for a single coil. Crisp clean sounds, raunchy overdriven sounds. They work really well with pedals for tone shaping. I wanted the sound of the early 50's Blues artists. Feature: The Deluxe tuners do what they are supposed to. The P90s have no equal. Binding and inlays are smooth and finished very well. There were no sharp fret ends, and the fret over binding scheme gives ample fretting area. Ease of Use: You can plug this into a tube amp, throw the controls on the guitar wide open and have a ball. It is not complicated to get excellent tone, and sustain out of it. No gimmicks here, just the tools you need in a beautiful package. Quality: It arrived with a broken 3 position switch. No big deal, I upgraded to a new Switchcraft, all is good. Fit, finish, and features are all top notch. Value: I won't say you are getting more than you are paying for, what you are getting is a value at least equal to what you are spending. A good solid guitar for a good price. The Wow Factor: I've wanted a pre Humbucker Les Paul for quite awhile. The P90 Pro's and the Chicago Blue finish made this one a must have. Overall: A very solidly built guitar. Fit and finish are terrific. The plain top wood grain is visible beneath the Chicago Blue finish. The 50's C profile neck is very comfortable for me. Vibrato and bends just seem easier.

When you call, mention priority code 20H-LVLQ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976