When you call, mention priority code 1602-5PQV

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone DR-500MCE

Thanks to all-solid tonewoods and Shadow pickups, the Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500MCE acoustic-electric offers enormous tone for a not-so-enormous price.

"Seriously Amazing" submitted February 7, 2013

By Brandon Bell in Hampton, VA
Musical Background: Gigging Musician, Guitarist of Several Bands
Music Style: Blues, Rock, Acoustic, Shoegazer, Psychodelic Rock, Hard Rock
Overall: Not only is this guitar beautiful both in looks and in sound, the electronics are unbeatable and its totally affordable! What an amazing guitar! If you are looking for something with a beautiful warm tone, singing highs and an amazing feel to kill for, you found it, stop your search because i love this guitar and you will too

"Masterbilt equals master tone!!!" submitted March 8, 2013

By William G in Palm Desert, CA
Overall
Musical Background: 28 years playing guitar.
Music Style: Country, and all things rock from classic rock to metal.
Overall: This acoustic-electric rocks! I was very impressed with the build quality right out of the box. Having worked for another big box retailer I was very hesitant about purchasing something as personal as a guitar without holding or playing it first. However, I am very familiar with the masterbilt line of guitars having sold hundreds of them for the big box retailer that I used to work for, so I jumped in and took a chance. All I can say is that I am glad I did! This particular series is just a phenomenal value for what it is. I own several high end Taylor and Martin guitars including a 614ce, 814ce, and a d35 to name a few and while this guitar can't replace any of them, it does has its own place and rightfully so. This guitar was purchased as a gigging and around the house guitar to save the wear and tear of my other guitars. The quality of this instrument is above exceptional and feels great like an old friend from the first strum of a G chord. I was totally shocked that it was setup and almost 100% in tune when I opened the box. The onboard tuner is simple and straightforward. The stereo outputs are an awesome feature for live or recording. The independent tone controls are another plus and the pictures online don't do this guitar justice. If you're a beginner grab this guitar. If you're a seasoned pro, stop looking down your nose at the name on the headstock and try one out...you will be amazed that this thing is only $599. I don't believe there is another guitar that is solid wood in its class that can touch what this guitar has to offer.
22 of 23 people (95.65%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"DR-500MCE in VB" submitted January 14, 2014

By Brian M
Overall
Musical Background: Jam at home,play with some friends.
Music Style: Rock,Blues,Jazz
Sound: Great un-plugged and even better plugged in!!!! Feature: Great features for the $$$, but it should come with a case.... Ease of Use: WOW!!!! Is all I can say!!! I guess I got lucky or it was the PLEKING!!! And I even like the strings that are on her, not to bad at all!!!! The neck is like BUTTAAAA!!! Fret's are smooth. Just nice, that's about it. Great player!!!! Quality: Seems very well made, not perfected but heck its a hand made AX!!! Value: Great value, but should come with a case!!! Manufacturer Support: I like Epip support, I have ask several times about string gauges and finishes and they have always got back to me very fast. The Wow Factor: I was WOWED when I opened the box and it still gets better!!!! Overall: First ZZounds is the best, I ordered yesterday and new guitar here today. I am near Boston. Now this guitar is completely Plek'd!!!!!! I know this is going to sound out of this world but this guitar was in tune and playing very very nice straight out the box. NO LIE!!!! I guess I got very lucky. Now after going over her she is not perfect but very close. The only thing I can find are two very small imperfections on the front. Small indentions like sanding was missed. NO DEAL BREAKER, I am keeping this one for sure. This is my 4 Epiphone. I do have others in my heard, Fender,Gibson,Seagull ect. But have been into grabbing some Epip,s. My last was the Sorrento,just a month ago.. But have been wanting to add a nice AE to my only Ovation. Had my eye on this and just thought what the heck I will go for it. And I am glad I did!!!! Sounds great!!! Even Better with the electronics!!! And I am just putting her down to give this review. Going to be fun to play with this new AX. I would say if your looking give this model a try!!!

"Fantastic guitar" submitted May 19, 2014

By Bernie R in Privacyville, OK
Musical Background: Hobbyist.
Music Style: Rock, pop, what we used to call "college radio" back before "alternative" came along.
Overall: My words probably don't count for much. I'm middle-aged and fairly new to guitars, although I've built a pretty solid collection: two Fender Strats, an Ibanez hollow body electric, an ESP LTD electric, a Fender acoustic-electric, an Ibanez bass, a Schecter bass and now this, an Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500MCE acoustic-electric. I love how this guitar sounds. Its deeper and more resonant than my other acoustic-electric, which doesn't have solid wood construction of the back and sides. I love how it looks. I love how it feels in my hands. I actually bought a used version of this guitar first. They had one in pretty beat-up condition at a Guitar Center in Wichita, KS. I was just passing through, looking for a beater, and even though that guitar was so dried out, split and warped it was barely playable, there was something remarkable about its sound. So I returned it and ordered a brand new one from Zzounds. The first one I had was in the "natural" finish, which is quite orange. My new one is in the sunburst finish. To be honest, I can't tell you which I prefer. I think if I had to buy a new one today, I'd probably go back to the natural finish; the sunburst hides too much of this guitar's beauty, and there's nothing here that needs to be hidden. I don't have a professional's ear, but I couldn't tell a difference between this guitar and Martins and Taylors that cost well over $1,000 more. I had folks at Guitar Center play them for me; not workers, mind you, but customers. They said they couldn't really tell a difference, either. So unless you're just looking for a particular name on the headstock, I say buy this guitar. I can't imagine you'll be sorry.

"Gambled and won !!!" submitted August 25, 2013

By Steve Irick in Hohenwald, TN
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing since the age of six. I mostly play at my local church these days.
Music Style: Classic Rock, Blues, and contemporary Christian.
Sound: The ability to blend between the two pickups is a very nice touch. I am still running through one amp, but look forward to exploring the stero capability in the near future. Feature: Upon arrival, my 'axe' required a slight neck adjustment. This was fine by me as I have no problem adjusting truss rods. I was actually relieved that they shipped the guitar to me without full stress on the neck. Ease of Use: There is no learning curve. The slider control allows you to blend more piezo or more sound-hole pickup. There is also a tone feature on each pickup, and a phase switch to eliminate feedback if needed. Quality: The tuner is so-so, but it gets you in the "ball-park". Let's face it. if you can't tune a guitar , then you probably don't want to spend more than 4100 bucks on one. I'm just saying... Value: In my honest opinion. This guitar is well-worth the money. Solid woods. Dual pickups with on-board preamp. The plastic saddle is a minor drawback that I intend to replace, but the bang for the buck is amazing. I was fortunate enough to get a winner the first time, but would have kept returining until I got a winner. I just really like all the features that this guitar offers in this price range. Buy it....You won't be disappointed. Manufacturer Support: Have not needed any manufacturer's support to date. The Wow Factor: I just like it.... period. Really good value Overall: I read all reviews on this site and several from other sites. I own an "older" Epiphone and love the tone I get from it. I knew it was a gamble with Epiphone as they are'farming' out a great deal of their guitar production, but I was intrigued by the price/materials cost ratio. I though that if I got a "dud" I would simply return it and keep trying until I got a winner. zZounds stands behind their products with an excellent warranty. I figured if I was not happy, I would swap it out. I was blessed to receive a stellar guitar on the first order. I like how this company does business.

"Incredible Guitar, after a little work..." submitted September 3, 2013

By Steve Wilson in Knoxville, TN
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing guitar 37 years, professionally and recreationally.
Music Style: Rock, Country, Metal.
Overall: Ok, I bought this guitar new in March 2013, when I first got it out of the box, I was a little shocked by it's color. I was expecting a nice yellowish hint to the top but it was actually orange. Again quite shocked. It is a beautiful guitar, I don't know if I love the orange color yet, hoping it grows on me with more time.Sounded incredible out of the box, but after a week or so of playing, my fingers really started to hurt. Thought it was just gonna take me a while to get used to playing a new guitar. Now, I'm not a newbie, been playing for almost 37 years so my fingers were already broke in. I took it to a shop and they said it was fine but maybe needed some better strings. So New ones were put on. After another week my fingers still hurt so I put it down for a while. After a couple of weeks and my fingers feeling better, I picked it up to play and noticed the strings were quite a bit higher than I remembered, After playing it for about 30 minutes my fingers were killing me again. The next day I took it to a different shop who noticed immediately the strings height. And they also noticed high little sound came from playing it, which I thought was just me going crazy. They removed the strings and checked the neck and said it needed a little tweaking but nothing out of the ordinary after a new guitar is played and sits in a new environment. Not what was way out of whack was the saddle. It was way to big and sat way to high. It wouldn't even stay in place. It just wobbled horribly back and forth. I really don't think it was right for this guitar.So after leaving it with them for 24 hours, they call and say it's ready. I go to pick it up and, WOW, What a difference. The action is perfect, the tone quality and sound coming from it is amazing. And NO finger pain whatsoever! It's honestly the best playing guitar I've ever owned. So, All in all, I think it was well worth spending the $100.00 to have the little bit of work I had done to it done. NOW it's well worth every penny. Before, not so much. Would I go through it again and own this guitar knowing what I had to have done? Without a doubt... Best sounding acoustic/electric I've ever owned...

"Amazing Guitar" submitted June 9, 2014

By Todd R in Epping, NH
Musical Background: 35+ year home/hobby player
Music Style: Rock, blues
Sound: sounds great. It will only get better as the soundboard gets 'broken in'. The electrics in this work well. I have 2 small SS amps, that I run in a wet/dry combo. Using both outs in this guitar allows for an amazing full sound. Feature: The woods in this guitar are quite beautiful. Gloss finish on the body bring out the brains nicely. Satin neck finish is oh so wonderful to play. Ease of Use: Out of the box, its playable. But like almost all new guitars in any reasonable price range, it did require a good setup to now be a stand out guitar. Quality: Fit and finish is exceptional. I bought the Natural and it has a beautiful amber top. The RW fret board is nice and smooth. Frets did need some minor polishing, but that is to be expected with almost any new guitar to some extent. This is my first Plek fret job. Well done. Value: This guitar is crazy in value. Ive spent a lot of quality playing time on various guitars selling for far more than this and always came away with a smug grin on my mug, knowing what a player the Masterbilt is by comparison. Manufacturer Support: Not had to use it for this guitar. Ive dealt with Epiphone in the past. Im happy with their service. The Wow Factor: Again, its good out of the box, and there is a real WOW to this guitar once it receives a proper set up. And as I already mentioned, try out one of these and try out as many other much higher priced acoustics and make your own informed decision. 9 chances out of 10, you will happily end up with the Masterbilt. Overall: I admit to being another player who took a chance on this guitar. And am so glad that I did. No one locally had the Masterbilt in stock, so ordering with my fingers crossed was my only option. As usual Zzounds shipped this ASAP and I had it delivered for free, the very next day. Not bad considering their warehouse is over 400 miles away. This is my 4th guitar purchased from Zzounds and wont be my last. Out of the box, I went over the Epi Masterbilt for a few minutes looking to make sure it survived the trip. It did. I popped in the batteries and tuned to pitch and gave it a strum. Whoa, this is nice. It rang out and has nice articulation and resonance. Now knowing that almost all new guitars need some setup out of the box, I played it for a bit to see what I needed to do with it. Frets need polishing. this is my 3rd Epiphone guitar(having 2 electrics) and all of them needed polishing out of the box. Only needed 5 minutes and they were perfect. The fret job from the factory was very nice. From there it was quite noticeable that the bone bridge saddle was really quite tall and the ends were sharp as that could be. I prefer this so I can set up my guitar to my liking rather than having no were to adjust to if it wasn't right out of the box. Ive done my own set ups and repairs for over 30 years, and expected to need some work as even guitars worth many thousands of dollars aren't always right either. Just something that may be expected. Also as shipped the neck had zero relief. Not a big deal. So after filing the bridge height down almost an 1/8", radius the corners and setting up the neck, this guitar became a lifelong keeper for me. I wasn't expecting the satin finish neck. It plays like 'buttah'. Honestly, it does. I own a custom made raw indian rosewood neck that's on one of my Tele's and it plays amazing. That neck cost me more than the Masterbilt did. And I would easily say the Masterbilt is just as wonderful to play. Not only so smoooooth, but shaped right and is comfortable to play for hours on end. When shopping for a new acoustic, I played at least a couple dozen guitars ranging in price from $300 to as high as $3000. But keeping my more realistic budget at no more than $1000. Since my purchase, Ive been back to the local shops a couple times and played many more in the $1500/3000 dollar range, wondering if Im missing out on anything? Im not. I always come back with a big smile and a ton more money in my wallet for other things. So if your looking to have a high end acoustic, get this Epiphone Masterbilt. For the price and the money you will save spending at least double for an American made guitar, you will have one that once set up, will easily play as well if not better IMHO and still have a load of cash left over for a nice hard case, acoustic amp, a decent strap and many extra sets of strings and still be far ahead of the game.

"Taylor Killer!!!" submitted June 8, 2013

By robert s in leicester, NC
Overall
Music Style: Blues rock, classic rock, southern rock, etc, etc, etc
Overall: I owned a year 2000 Taylor 312ce that I purchased new at a local music store.....the set-up on that Taylor was not as good as the set-up on my DR-500MCE. This guitar is actually completely Plek'd...fret job and all!! I don't know why Epiphone is not advertising that fact. This guitar...the DR500MCE is the best playing guitar I personally have ever played....seriously. I have been playing guitar for many years...30 or so. I love the one I got....Zzounds was a pleasure to deal with as always. The fit and finish are EXTREMELY good!! I was skeptical after reading a negative review on Zzounds....I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this guitar. The Esonic2 is very good....I am enjoying experimenting with it. I could not find anything that I would consider a flaw or shoddy work....someone took great pride in building the one I got......I would love to thank the luthiers personally! I looked inside....no sawdust or loose wiring in the one I got!! The interior bracing looks very well done...very clean and precise and solid looking bracing. Beautiful tone..I love finger picking and using a pick with it. Very good warm, brassy bass notes and beautiful clear highs. I loved the Taylor...had it for 6 years and had to sell it....but I am really loving this Epiphone at least as good.
25 of 27 people (92.59%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"EPIPHONE MASTERBILT DR500ME" submitted March 30, 2014

By GARY MITCHELL in GEORGETOWN, TX
Musical Background: 30 PLUS YEARS WORSHIP, FEW BANDS, GUITAR AND BASS
Music Style: CHRISTIAN WORSHIP AND ROCK, BLUES, SOME COUNTRY.
Overall: I HAVE USED IT AT CHURCH A FEW TIME'S AND IT HAS BEEN AMAZING. THE GUITAR WAS SETUP PERFECT RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX. IT JUST TOOK A LITTLE TUNING NOT MUCH. ZZOUND WAS WONDERFUL GETTING IT TO ME, AND WONDERFUL TO WORK WITH. I BOUGHT THE GUITAR ON THEIR PAY PLAN, I AM RETIRED AND IT WORK NICE WITH MY BUDGET. I AM GETTING READY SOON TO BUY A NEW BASS FROM THEM. IF IT WASN''T FOR THEM IT WOULD BE ALONG TIME BEFORE I COULD HAVE THE NICE EQUIPMENT I NEED. YOU NEED TO CHECK THESE GUYS OUT. WONDERFUL PLACE TO BUY FROM . I LIVE 8 MILES ARE SO FROM A BIG MUSIC CHAIN, I WON'T SAY THE NAME. BUT I WOULD RATHER BU MY MUSIC SUPPLY'S FROM PEOPLE WHO REALLY DIG MUSICIANS, AND WANT TO HELP. THEY WON ME OVER JUST BECAUSE THEY GO OUT OF THE WAY FOR YOU.

"Can't Put Her Down" submitted June 29, 2014

By Jeremy Black in Bastrop, LA
Musical Background: 1 Year
Music Style: Country, Rock, Christian
Overall: I have had this guitar for just over a couple of months. I gave it a little time to break in so I could give it a proper review. When I first opened the box I was just in love with the way this guitar looked in vintage sunburst. It was stunning to say the least and the photos do not do it justice. After tuning it up and taking the first strum.. I hate to say that I was a little under impressed. It lacked volume and sounded a little dead to me. The action was also a little too high out of the box. I took it in almost immediately to have a set up, hoping that I hadn't made a mistake. One set up later and a new set of elixir light strings... this guitar came alive with a full, rich and even tone. I finally saw that I had my new favorite! I am pleased to say that the volume more than improves dramatically and the sound gets even sweeter after you spend a month or so opening her up. Just make sure you get a setup done as soon as possible and swap out those strings with ones of your choice!

"Seriously Amazing!" submitted March 24, 2013

By James G in New Hope, MN
Musical Background: 40+ years; Guitar, piano; jam at home
Music Style: Christian, classic rock, country.
Overall: This was my first guitar in quite a few years. I played a great number of guitars before I found this one. From G's to T's to M's with some Y's and O's mixed in. I could find better looking guitars. Guitars with more appointments, maybe. What I couldn't find was one that had the tone this guitar has nor the smooth, creamy action. I could not believe they were selling this guitar for the price marked on it. I had to have it. I took it home and played it. I couldn't put it down. I played until my fingers hurt and still I played. Finally I found an amp that would allow me to use the stereo output of this guitar, Nanomag & Nanoflex. Then I experimented, turning down the Nanoflex and turning the Nanomag all the way up. I had an electric axe that would produce the kind of tones one only gets from a true and only electric. Distortion? Yup. Delay? Yup. If you haven't tried out one of these you owe it to yourself to give one a go round. Maybe it's not for you, I don't know. I know it's not made entirely in the U.S. but it sounds GOOD and after all isn't that what we are all after? THE TONE!

"excellent guitar, and service as well!" submitted June 1, 2014

By Robert Coulman in Garden Grove, CA
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing music for 46 years, I play all brass, percussion, guitar and bass
Music Style: I like all styles with the exception of rap.
Overall: I ordered this guitar, and had forgotten to purchase a case. I called on the phone, and the quickly and easily remedied the situation. Then, I received them both in 5 days, which included Sunday and a holiday! And so far, the guitar has exceeded my expectations! Easy to tune and play, the on board tuner is wonderful! Even the chords I had difficulty with on my last guitar are easy to play! And the tone of this guitar is unbelievable! For the price, you can't go wrong! The only drawback was the lower peg for holding the strap, it's too large for my favorite strap. But that just means I'll be finding a new favorite strap!

"Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500MCE Guitar" submitted June 16, 2014

By Jim Ferris in Norwood, PA
Overall
Musical Background: picker since 14, and I am 61 now...
Music Style: Rock, Country, Blues...
Overall: Received guitar wrapped in it's usual great packaging from Zzounds in two days, using free ground shipping, as they are close by.Beautiful instrument in every way. Couldn't be happier with this guitar. Second guitar I have purchased from Zzounds. Bought other quitars from Sweetwater, but when I discovered the "Play as you Pay", who'd go elsewhere?When this guitar is paid for I'm going after the Tascam DP-32 home studio recorder...Can't wait!

"what I expected" submitted May 11, 2014

By paul hellmer in stockbridge, GA
Overall
Musical Background: been playing over 40 yrs.
Music Style: Rock anything from 60s to now... didnt need support from manufacturer either or on my older epiphone either
Overall: Great guitar for the money. Action was perfect out of the box.I have a Gibson J185 that cost 4x more.This baby sounds great for a fourth of the money. I wanted another guitar to replace one that I gave To my daughter which was a 30 yr old epiphone so I could play it when I visited. Looked at Taylor's . Decided on this guitar. .geez what a great guitar plugged in or not.I play this one more than my gibson. Only down side is no case.but this baby hangs on the wall anyways.

"Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500MCE (natural)" submitted December 18, 2013

By t o
Musical Background: occasional acoustic guitar 3-4 yrs
Overall: The natural finish is more of an Orange than the pictures. I like the color. Ordered this guitar with the Epi dread case on Monday, received two days later. It was shipped in the case. Sounds good, is easy to play. There is a slight fret buzz on the A string when playing really loud. Seems like an easy adjustment. I'd recommend this guitar to anyone, but do your own research. Some reviews (other sites) mentioned faulty esonic 2 for some Masterbilts. Either this isn't an issue anymore or I got lucky? The two EQs and master volume dials feel a little flimsy, but otherwise mine works fine.

"Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500MCE Guitar" submitted July 13, 2014

By Eddie Parent in Pocahontas, AR
Overall
Musical Background: 37 years in music,Guitar, mandolin,Bass, Drums.
Music Style: Bluegrass, Christian, Country, folk, oldies.
Overall: I Purchased this wonderful Instrument, with the hopes of playing it on the stage. I found out, that it not only performed well, it actually was very well blended with the other Instruments. I was so pleased by the sound it carries that I didn't even have to plug it in. But when I did it preformed the tasks without a hitch, very pleased over all.

"Pretty cool" submitted May 5, 2014

By Alan A in Keizer, OR
Musical Background: Playing for 50 years. professional singer/songwriter
Music Style: country rock, contemporary Christian
Overall: Ordered on a wed., got it Fri. Opened it up and been happy ever since. Not the best looking guitar I've ever owned, but it is a pleasure to play. Sounds really good plugged in or unplugged , well made. Great neck. wood replace it with another if it were damaged.

"Masterbuilt" submitted April 6, 2014

By Mike W in West Palm Beach, FL
Overall
Overall: This guitar is beautiful amazing for the price easily worth much more. The stereo output is a cool feature you can really make this guitar sing. I own a hummingbird and 814ce this is right up there with both.

"Nice Guitar" submitted October 8, 2014

Overall
Overall: Great guitar for the money. Not fair to compare it to Taylor Martin or Gibson but it is definitely a good sounding and good playing guitar. Not afraid to take it on trips. The pickup system requires a little tweaking but it is decent. The inboard tuner is a good feature. All in all a good deal

"Love my Epiphome" submitted January 11, 2014

By Josh H in Dayton, OH
Overall
Musical Background: I am a worship leader and love the sound this guitar brings to the stage.
Music Style: Christian
Overall: This is a great guitar. Feels and sounds great.

"Epiphone Masterbilt" submitted August 19, 2014

By Scott W in Buffalo, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Have played various stringed instruments for over forty years and have played professionaly for about half of that.
Music Style: Play blues, Texas Blues, Classic Rock
Overall: Having owned several Epiphone instruments in the past & still have, I was very disappointed in this particular instrument. It was necessary to send the first one I received back to Zzounds for a replacement. Zzounds readily and quickly replied to my request even providing a retun shipping label within hours of my request. I am considering sending this one back also as it does not seem to be a value for the amount of money spent. FInish was not quality, electronics pots and sliders were difficult to use and wanted to lock up when I attempted to use them. Overall I would give this instrument a one maybe two star rating, but certainly nothing above that.

"Very Disappointed !!!" submitted February 26, 2013

By Kim G in Valliant, OK
Musical Background: Have been playing for 32 years from. Play guitar, drums
Music Style: Rock, Heavy Metal, Country, Classical
Overall: After seeing all the great reviews about this guitar. I decided to order....after waiting for nearly 3 months to get it, I'm very disappointed in the setup of this instrument. I had string buzzing right out of the box, neck was not close to being in correct adjustment. After finally getting the neck adjusted, it will be totally out again in a few days. I either have string buzz at 1 - 5 fret or any where above 12th fret. I have been setting instruments up for 32 years and this by far is not a quality instrument. You get what you pay for....save your money and buy a better quality product. This one will be going back!!!

"An Exceptional Value" submitted December 8, 2012

By Ronald Bushnell in Worcester, MA
Overall
Musical Background: I am an amiture player that has been playing all my life, and am very passionate about the guitar
Music Style: Finger-style
Sound: This is the best sounding guitar I have ever owned, and equal to anything I've played of this type. I am 54 and have been playing since I was twelve; having owned some fine instruments, including a 40 year old D-35, as well as a Northwood of the same style. I can only speak for the guitar I was sent, but it is way more open, bright, and shimmery than the Martin without the mid-range problems. ~ When I listened to the Esonic2 video, I assumed they were playing through some high priced contouring gear. Not so; that is the way it sounds! I am really blown away by the sound of the guitar, with or without the electronics. Feature: The guitar I was sent came with an Ebony bridge and fretboard. Call it rosewood if you want, but it is Ebony with slight coloration, and only an idiot would complain about that. The one I was sent is almost pure black, but I really would not care about the coloration, as it does not effect the tonal qualities. Watch the video by the owner of Taylor guitars as he speaks of conservation and the appearance of coloration variation ebony to come. Ease of Use: It's real easy. Quality: There was a couple of "very" minor imperfections that are insignificant in light of the awesome lush lacquer finish and very good built quality. If you are really anal, you should spend $3,600 on a Northwood, and you can spend all day going over it with a magnifying glass instead of playing it. Value: Truly, Masterbilt Epiphone guitars, judging by the on I was sent, are superior to guitars costing much more money. Manufacturer Support: I have not had the need. Overall: This guitar is by far the best value of a lifetime of guitars.
10 of 19 people (52.63%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Excellent Value!" submitted February 12, 2014

By Ronald Wall in Sioux City, IA
Overall
Musical Background: Hobbyist for 4years.
Music Style: Good o'l Rock and Roll (Classic Rock nowdays).
Overall: This guitar is flawless. Sounds and plays excellent. Mine was created in Indonesa. This was the first Epiphone that I have purchased and was so empressed with the guality of craftmanship that I purchased 2 other models (Both made in Indonesa). Sounds excellent unplugged and plugged. Very versital when plugged-in. Easy to dial in your sound. This is a pro-quality guitar for only $600.00. Amazing.

"Excellent Value!" submitted February 12, 2014

By Ronald Wall in Sioux City, IA
Overall
Musical Background: Hobbyist for 4years.
Music Style: Good o'l Rock and Roll (Classic Rock nowdays).

"not very satisified with the quality of this guitar" submitted August 2, 2013

By buddy costlow in anahuac, TX
Musical Background: 15 years playing. play guitar, harp, and a little piano
Music Style: outlaw country, red dirt country, texas country, traditional country, southern rock, and some alt. rock
Overall: this brand new "out of the box " dc-500 masterbilt guitar is the worst setup guitar i've ever played.. neck is way out and has the worst fret buzz i've ever heard in a guitar, and literally has no more adjustment in the rod to straighten it out. mine is also going back !! on a positive note, i've owned several different epiphone guitars, and the poor setup has never happened before until this guitar. however, the electronics just went out in my aj-200 i just bought 3 months ago, and the same thing just happened to my 7 month old jumbo body ej-200, and of course, its just past the return policy for guitar center.. (both were nice guitars, but the shadow electronics SUCK !!) i have $1300 worth of epiphone/shadow junk right now that i can't use for a gig at all. actually having to borrow a guitar for my shows.. not a very big fan of epiphone guitars right now to say the least ! on top of all the issues, i'm now having to deal with the neverending, long, drawn out process of epiphones warranty repair... go figure ! save your money and get a high end guitar !!!

When you call, mention priority code 1602-5PQV. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976