When you call, mention priority code 20M-4L8Y

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone AJ-45ME

With mahogany and Sitka spruce construction and a Shadow NanoFlex under-saddle pickup, the AJ-45ME carries the Masterbilt torch that's been passed since 1931.

"Great guitar buy!" submitted October 27, 2015

By Dave M in Pittsboro, IN
Overall
Musical Background: Taught at I.U. School Of Music and toured extensively.
Music Style: Blues, jazz, ragtime, old country, swing, gypsy
Overall: I have twenty solid body flat tops, some imports and some domestic built. I have four J-45's and love all of them. They all have their voices. When I saw the add for the AJ 45 ME, it looked great and sounded great in the add so, I took a chance on it. I am certainly glad that I did. This guitar is amazing, in particularly for $599.00. I have had it for a week and it is finally beginning to settle down a bit. All new guitars have a break in period where they are hard to keep in tune until all of the joints get used to being played under standard tuning stress. The only changes that I made to the instrument was to: Polish the frets with 0000 steel wool and I applied three coats of Maguiar's Number 2.0 swirl remover to the finish and then applied Maguiar's cleaner wax. It added a bit of shine and deepened the finish considerably. The finish was a bit too flat for me, almost smoky. I had read that some players were not happy with the flatness of the satin finish. I also restrung it with DR Dragon Skins 12-54. After about a week, the guitar and strings settled down and an amazing instrument appeared. I can find no flaws in the finish nor, build. The tone is big, balanced, warm and wide. I am a long time finger style player, teacher and performer and I have found this to be the best guitar deal that I have ever made. The set-up on the guitar was perfect when it arrived. That has never happened to me before this guitar. I called a friend of mine two days ago and gave him my report and he purchased one that day. If you are sitting on the fence with this instrument don't--it is a wonderful guitar. It does not sound like the new J-45's, if that is what you want, I have one; it sounds like my old ones, from the 1950's and I love that quality about it. The pick-up is great and very easy to balance. Given the all solid wood construction, dove tail neck joint and hyde glue joints, this guitar will only continue to get better in time. I will be purchasing another one for open tunings and slide. I hope that this helps interested buyers out. As usual, the service at zZounds, was first rate. I received the guitar in three days, from purchase date. Congratulations to Epiphone, for building a great guitar, at an amazing price! Capitalism, is a wonderful thing is it not!

"Excellent guitar" submitted November 15, 2015

By Orlando A in Austin, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Over ten years. Most acoutic guitars.
Music Style: Pop, country, bluegrass.
Overall: The guitar sounds very nice and was set up nice and low but not too low. It is very comfortable and enjoyable to play. Very good value for the price.

" Epiphone AJ-45ME Masterbilt Guitar " submitted February 28, 2016

By Larry Oliver in Columbus, OH
Musical Background: Playing guitar for 60 years
Music Style: bluegrass, folk, blues, old time fiddle music
Overall: What a guitar! Loving it! Reminds me so much of the classic slope shouldered dreadnought I owned back in the '50s. That guitar is still available today but at a price 4 or 5 times what I paid for the Epi.

"Awesome Guitar" submitted September 28, 2016

By Michael G in Westchester, IL
Musical Background: I have played for over 20 years
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Jazz
Overall: I've been playing for over 20 years. I bought this guitar solely based on the reviews and feedback from other people that had played it. The guitar arrived quickly after ordering it and was flawless right out of the box. I changed the strings to Elixir Nanowebs because that's what I play on most of my other guitars. This guitar sounds warm with big projection. The action was perfect for me, so I didn't make any adjustments there. I love the matte finish. I know some guys dont like that finish, but I think it gives the guitar a great old vibe look. For the money, I dont think you can find a better guitar. This guitar can go mano a mano with some much more expensive guitars out there. The one thing I'm not crazy about are the hidden electronics. I have larger hands so I find it hard to get in there for quick adjustments.

"Great guitar!" submitted November 22, 2015

By Andrew C in Salamanca, NY
Musical Background: Music teacher
Music Style: All
Overall: Beautiful guitar, and it sounds event better than it looks! Flawless finish, set up nicely out of the box.

"A Great alternative to the Gibson J45" submitted August 22, 2015

By Bryan Favre in Waveland, MS
Musical Background: Guitarist, singer songwriter, performer ,
Music Style: Rock, pop, Alternative
Overall: I own the 2016 Gibson j45 and I just got my New Epiphone Masterbilt AJ45me from Zzounds and it was flawless, the action was at spec and intonation was spot on right out the box,and the fit and finish was Beautiful, I replaced the stock Strings with D'addario EXP11, and it sounds really close to my Gibson j45 with the same strings , the neck is comfy, and the satin finish is really nice too, I play the aj45me and my Gibson j45 through my Ltd.Ed. Fender blues jr, ( that I also got from Zzounds ) sounds great , I think the. Cannabis red Rex speaker and Sparkle mod make for a great amp for acoustic guitars I've Been playing both guitars back to back since I got my aj45me 4 days ago. And it's a really sweet playing guitar , gives my Gibson a respectable run for its money , it's not a Gibson of course , but it's a nice alternative ,get one from Zzounds while they last , Zzounds always treats me right and makes sure I get the Guitar or Gear I'm happy with , even if I have to return for replacement, Zzounds rocks

"Get Real" submitted January 30, 2016

By Larry S in Leoma, TN
Musical Background: Guitar, Bass, Drums
Music Style: Classics Country and Rock
Overall: The Masterbilt line has produced some great sounding wood for the money. And anyone who cares about guitars at all, wouldn't mind taking a guitar out in public no matter HOW it looks as long as its got the sound. Grow up!

"Not satisfied" submitted February 9, 2016

By Brian R in Key West, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Performing professionally for 44 years.
Music Style: Country rock.
Overall: Guitar arrived and when unpacked showed signs of previous unpacking. Shipping bag cover was ripped and not secured around guitar. Tuning machine pegs were noticeably at different heights and guitar would not stay tuned.

"Great playing guitar" submitted October 16, 2015

By a customer from yahoo.com in Philadelphia, PA
Overall
Musical Background: 10 years playing...pop, acoustic rock and country.
Overall: This guitar plays and sounds just great. Great action out of the box. Unfortunately the poor matte finish makes it suitable only for home practice. Unimpressive and dull flat finish simply ruins this guitar for playing in public. There's not a speck of gloss or shine to be found anywhere on it.

When you call, mention priority code 20M-4L8Y. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976