When you call, mention priority code 207-5QLN

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone Tony Iommi SG

Get the same mean tone as Tony Iommi himself without breaking the bank. Equipped with Iommi's signature Gibson pickups, this guitar means serious business.

"Epiphone Got It Right!!!" submitted September 26, 2015

By Daniel G in Schaumburg, IL
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing a few years as a hobby.
Music Style: Classic Rock
Overall: Just got home and found my new Tony Iommi SG waiting for me. Originally it was backordered until Nov 1 so; I'm ecstatic to have gotten more than a month ahead of expected. Kudos for under promising and over delivering zZounds!! Now, let's get to the guitar itself. I've become kind of a guitar junkie the last few years and I have several really nice guitars. An American Standard Stratocaster, a James Burton Telecaster, a Les Paul Standard, Gibson Flying V, an SG, and I would put this guitar up against any one of them not only for price but for playability as well. The neck feels a little wider than my other SG but it still feels very smooth. The jack at the bottom instead of on the front is a no brainer feature and the strap lug on the horn as well. I'm always hearing about guys having to take their guitar to be properly set up because it didn't arrive ready to play. I literally pulled it out of box, checked the neck, the action height, intonation, tuned it to standard, plugged it into my fuzzface and blues deville and began having a blast. I only put it down to write this review. I love the cross inlays on the fretboard and tone of the Gibson Iommi pickups is awesome. This guitar could easily go for twice the price. An instant classic. Don't be a fool and let this one slip away because you have too many guitars already. Get rid of one and make room for this one before they're gone and you're kicking yourself, because you will be kicking yourself if you don't.

"Epiphone brand, Gibson quality" submitted November 26, 2015

By E K in Philadelphia , PA
Musical Background: Playing for 9 years
Overall: This guitar is hands down awesome. I'm an Iommi fan as well as an SG fan. My main guitar is a Gibson '61 Reissue and this guitar hold its own against it as far as playability and craftsmanship is concerned. The craftsmanship is flawless especially for an Epiphone, it plays great. The neck to body joint is sealed giving it the playability and appearance of a one piece solid body guitar. The Iommi pickups really shine, amazing sound from this guitar, which surpasses the humbuckers from my Gibson. The guitar came with a certificate of authenticity signed by Iommi himself. This guitar is truly a collectors piece, if you missed out on the Gibson custom shop edition, don't hesitate to purchase this guitar, it's Gibson quality with an Epiphone name. I love this guitar, killer looks, sound and quality. Thank you Epiphone for releasing this guitar!

"Just got my Iron Bird - Wow!" submitted April 16, 2016

By Jeffrey W in Camarillo, CA
Overall
Overall: Just got my Iommi SG custom and i could not be more thrilled about this guitar. It is absolutely the most playable and best sounding instrument I have ever owned and i have owned dozens of guitars. The only thing it needed after unboxing was some saddle adjustments and I was able to set the action extremely low with no fret buzz at all. No truss adjusting needed. It is so easy to play it seems almost effortless ITS AMAZING - worth every penny.

"Nice Guitar!" submitted March 12, 2016

By Trevor C in Denver, CO
Musical Background: Casual guitar player
Music Style: Blues, Rock, Old School Metal
Overall: No fret buzz. Haven't needed to change the stock set up. Intonation was pretty close upon arrival. Strings are decent, but I will be changing them to a better set soon. Stays in tune. Good workmanship - no defects that I can find. I am very happy with this purchase!

"Wow!" submitted November 5, 2016

By Darius Swatzell in Mayfield, KY
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing off and on for 30 yrs.
Music Style: I,m a sabbath fan,but i play blues and classic rock
Overall: Well,as usual. I have to say thanks to the folks at zZounds first.as usual they were on the ball.my guitar shipped within hrs. Of ordering it,now on to the guitar.First off,i,m a big fan of sabbath for 30 years so it was a no brainer to want this guitar although i didnt need it since i have gibsons with iommi pickups and 24 fret sg,s.I was skeptical about this guitar(made in china)and i expected to have issues with it.I could not have been more mistaken.My guitar came out of the box set up beautifully,all i did was change strings and lower the action to where i like it,other than that,no set up was required.I tried very hard to find flaws in this guitar and to my surprise there were none whatsoever.the overall workmanship and attention to detail were astounding.The fretwork,finish,and attention to detail were beyond what i expected and better than some guitars that cost twice the price of this one.And the sound,jeez,crank on the gain and play war pigs,the iommi pickups shine and are what i believe to be the best pickup one can buy,i,ve used them in other guitars for years.My advise,get one before their gone,you,ll be sorry you didnt.It also came with it,s own straplocks,i was surprised by that one.And dont forget the certificate of authenticity with iommis signature.Big bang for the buck,forget about where it,s made you,ll be in awe of this fine guitar.

"The 2015 Iommi SG is an instant classic " submitted August 17, 2015

By Chuck S in Berryville , VA
Musical Background: I've been playing for 30+ years
Music Style: Various
Overall: This 2nd Epiphone Iommi SG is exactly what the 1st should have been .. except for one detail , the strap button isn't on the horn . That is the only "flaw" in this beautiful guitar. It plays like a dream , sounds fantastic , and the looks are off the chart .
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Epiphone Tony Iommi SG Custom Electric " submitted September 22, 2015

By jimmy zouris in san diego, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing consistently for about 15 years.
Music Style: I like playing hard rock and Tony Iommi and Black Sabbath have been a huge influence on me. I also like the that many of Black S
Overall: Guitar needed a setup but that was the only issue. Action was high and tight tension on the strings. After a setup the guitar plays amazing! Unlike some of other reviews my strap button was on the horn of guitar not the back. Love the ebony fretboard and the 24frets. Would of been nice if case was included but not that big of deal.

"Beautiful guitar but fret job was a deal breaker." submitted May 14, 2016

By steve r in tehachapi, CA
Musical Background: 40+ years of playing
Music Style: Rock/heavy metal
Overall: I've always wanted a Toni Iommi signature SG. Got this guitar from zZounds in two days! Beautiful guitar with a cool picture and signature of Toni. First thing I noticed was how high the action was on the low E side. Tuned the guitar up and got fret buzz all up and down the neck. Held the guitar up and looked down the neck and I saw the most terrible fret work I have ever seen on a guitar. Not one fret was the same length as the others and many where higher than the others. Don't really know how this guitar made it pass the QA department. Really disappointing. Got a RA number from zZounds the same day and sent it back!

"Not happy." submitted March 16, 2016

By thomas m in oakland, CA
Overall
Musical Background: playing 30 years guitar bass keys.
Music Style: Rock blues metal.
Overall: Out of the box this guitar looks very nice.The very first thing i noticed is that it is made in china. The second thing i noticed is some of the frets are not level, causing a few dead spots on the neck. Even after doing some minor adjustments a could not correct this issue. The jack was not tight and would spin around. For 799.99 dollars you would expect a better quality instrument. I should not have to spend a few more hundred dollars to correct these issues so it is being Returned asap.

"This axe looks much better in person, WOW factor off the charts!" submitted November 12, 2015

By Ted Macdonald in Carlisle, PA
Musical Background: 41 yrs active lead guitarist
Music Style: Blues, Classic rock, Metal
Overall: I bought a "Blem" and saved over 200.00 the only flaw is a 1/4 inch paint chip but on the backside. I am a collector but this is one I plan on playing lots too, So this is the best of both worlds, It looks flawless (Because chip is on backside) so It still looks incredible as a collector piece! The pickups really shine through my Marshall DSL 40c and even better through my Deluxe Reverb! This is a killer SG, And if you're a fan of Black Sabbath, It's a must have! If you're like me and are planning on playing the hell out of this, then go for a blem and save yourself over 200! Thanks zZounds!
13 of 15 people (86.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 207-5QLN. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976