When you call, mention priority code 1563-TYRC

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone Genesis Dlx PRO

The Epiphone Genesis is back. Designed to evoke the 1979-era collector favorite, this Deluxe PRO model boasts a pair of ProBucker pickups with coil-tapping.

Overall

"For $499 you get a tremendous amount of guitar. An original Epiphone design well worth it's price." submitted September 30, 2013

By Roy D in Fort Scott, KS
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing stringed instruments since I was nine (I'm 57 now). I started in the school orchestra on Viola.
Music Style: I play mostly blues, some rock.
Overall: The quality of this guitar is outstanding. The AAA top and Vintage Sunburst finish are gorgeous. The weight is pretty close to my Les Paul Standard, and access to the upper fretboard is as good as my G400 or Wilshire, where the body joins the neck at the 22nd fret, but this is much sturdier in the joint area. The neck is attached to the body at the eighteenth fret and sports a Slim Taper D Shape and a volute that strengthens the neck at the headstock. The body and neck binding and fret dressing are flawless. The fretmarkers are smooth and well fitted. The Probuckers are the best pickups Epiphone has ever made. Rich, round, throaty Humbucker tones. Thin, precise, barking tones in the coil split mode. I was slow to embrace coil splitting but I now have three guitars with the feature and find it a very useful tool for tone shaping, and this baby has bucketloads of tone and sustain, like a Les Paul. Hard to beat the combination of mahogany, maple and rosewood.

"Love My Epiphone Genesis" submitted June 29, 2014

By john h in memphis, TN
Musical Background: Played 43yrs play at home and jam sometimes
Music Style: rock, blues and country
Overall: Plays great, sounds great, beautifully finished and nice feeling neck with grovers. got mine for 419.00 they beat Musicians friends sale price where they are 499.00 now but zZounds got em for 399.00 buy now you want be sorry. Owned Gibson Les Paul custom that was stolen have had my equipment stolen twice and vow no more 3500.00 guitars

"great quality guitar" submitted July 29, 2013

By DON STUTTS in WEED, NM
Overall
Musical Background: 50 years playing rock/hard rock. gigging musician. play guitar, keys, bass
Music Style: rock, hard rock
Overall: i'm a lefty and flip righty guitar to play. have spent a lifetime playing that way and feeling cheated out of the upper register on most of my guitars except my PRS ce 24. anyhow, i love les pauls but could never find a dc so i've played righty les pauls for years. enter the epi genesis. dual cut, total access for me. that alone would be enough, BUT........this $499 guitar is freakin' unreal. it sounds and plays as good as my $3000 gibby les paul. i kid you not. the fit, finish and tone are to die for. i run all my guitars through my eleven rack into the pa and you cannot tell the epi genesis from the gibson les paul. i did lower the action, change strings and set intonation out of the box. i do this to all my guitars. the pots are scratch free, frets, inlays, etc are PERFECT. how do they do it at this price?

"Epiphone Genesis Deluxe Pro" submitted May 7, 2014

By David Torres in Haltom City, TX
Overall
Overall: I Recently bought the Epiphone Genesis and was really excited to get it. I was really happy with the customer service I got from zzounds. Now in saying that over all I'm happy with the guitar but not thrilled about it. I found out that Epiphone has changed manufacturers and the quality of the guitar is not as good as it use to be. Any Epiphone guitar made around 2013 was made in China the new factory that Epiphone is dealing with now. I got my guitar and took it to my local guitar shop and had them do a set up on my guitar. He was having a little trouble with the neck because he said it looked like they didn't cure it long enough so it was still a little green. Every time he would get it to where he needed to be, when he would start missing with the strings he would have to adjust it again. Now like I said over all I'm still happy with it because I like the sound and the fact that it has the split coils in it. I'm also happy with the color of the one that I got and how nice it was when I opened the case. I didn't pay a lot for it so it's not like I was expecting something excellent. So I hope this was helpful.

"Limited Edtion Genesis Deluxe" submitted April 5, 2013

By Joseph B in Terryville, CT
Musical Background: 0ff and on 50 years only play to relax
Music Style: rock and blues
Overall: Got this guitar today 4-5-13!!!! Not to bad out of the box but will have it set-up. This is one beautiful sounding and is awesome looking!!!!!

"My sapphire beauty" submitted March 18, 2014

By Gilbert R in Canoga Park, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Front porch groove getter. Groovin' on & off for a few years. Damn, I wasted precious time in those off periods.
Music Style: Rock, blues, jazz, classical. I love playing classical on electric. (Can't help it). My next project is a John Cipollina set up:
Overall: Can't call myself a true guitar player. More of a "practicioner"-one who loves to practice. This Genesis has become the fave axe in my small stable of four (and counting...can't stop...it's a beautiful addiction collecting these here gitars). Played great right out of the box. I suppose I could take her to a tech and get her tweaked a bit; maybe one day I will if I can bear the separation. I haven't even explored the available sonic possibilities much. At present I'm enamored with my random volume/tone settings. I bought a blonde Epi Sheraton last year & I thought she was my true love. Not so. Ms. Genesis is more to my liking in touch & tone. Sorry Sheri. I love Epi's. I'd rather have 3 or 4 Epi's than one Gibson. Personal preference on my spending practices(more bang for the buck).

When you call, mention priority code 1563-TYRC. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976