When you call, mention priority code 16JR-PZ6Y
  • Mon, Tue, Wed 8AM - 10PM (EST)
  • Thur Closed
  • Fri 8AM - 10PM (EST)

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone 1966 G400 Pro

The Epiphone G400 features all the classic components of a '60s solidbody, with Tune-o-matic bridge, Grover tuners, and Alnico Classic Plus humbuckers.

"Epi LE 1966 G400 PRO!!!" submitted October 17, 2012

By Todd M in Rogers, AR
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing for thirty years. I started on classical guitar. I have released an album on a major record label.
Music Style: Electronic/Alternative
Overall: I got this guitar for a steal at an in-store location, but even at this price through zZounds, it's still a bargain considering the quality. The color I got was Pelham Blue, but it appears that zZounds doesn't offer the Pelham Blue 1966 LE. Too bad, it's a gorgeous finish on an SG style model. The sound - awesome, it can be whatever you want it to be, really versatile with the coil tapping PRO pickups. I got this over a Gibson 70's reissue SG with the mini-humbuckers costing 4x the price I paid, and to be honest, the Epi is a better deal. Want an SG, especially with a unique finish (not Red), this is a great way to go.

"great tone/chunky neck" submitted November 21, 2013

By Patrick S in Pittsburgh, PA
Musical Background: novice..playing 4 months
Music Style: trashy rock, metal
Overall: Got this SG in worn silver.....fantastic colr, couldnt be more happier w/color. Its a "worn" silver so the grain from the wood shows through, far better than if it was solid silver. Great tone and sound. Sounds awesome through my Orange practice amp. Only knock is the neck is a lil bit chunky but as a '66 reissue i guess necks were like that back then. Great looking and sounding product, could not be any happier

"Not what I expected!" submitted May 23, 2013

By Gordon B in Beaumont, TX
Overall
Musical Background: a few months over almost 50 years59 years. Professionally for
Music Style: EVERYTHING EXCEPT: ACID ROCK (back in the '60's) AND RAP (someone forgot to put the initial C in the word:) Country, Folk, South
Sound: Once I had a complete re-setup done, the sound is acceptable. The heavy neck really is bothersom. Feature: From watching the repair tech try to put the screws back into the access plate on the back, the wood looks quite dry and not really of good quality Ease of Use: THis certainly is no Gibson Les Paul custom. It really is not as good as the Epiphone SG-310. The coil taps are ok. Quality: Cosmetically, the guitar misses the mark. There are short dark streaks in the silver finish and darker areas around the neck joint, the tips of the "horns". It really looks good; from a distance. Value: NO! Manufacturer Support: Epiphone's answer to my complaint about the neck heavy condition and the necessity of constantly supporting the neck was, "Get a wider strap". I am using a 4 and 1/2 inch strap already. Anything wider would look like Klingon shoulder armour. The Wow Factor: I have many guitars. This number includes: two Epiphone Acoustic guitars and four Epiphone electrics. I am sure, now, that that number will not increase...but rather will decrease. For sure the SG-400Pro "TV Silver" is not a permanent addition to my "collection". Overall: I am a long-time Gibson and Epiphone fan, owner and player. For 30+ years I have played my Gibson Les Paul Custom as my main guitar. I am now old. It is too heavy to play for hours. I bought an Epiphone SG-310. It is great: plays and sounds great. I saw an ad for the SG-400 pro TV Silver. I bought it. This guitar is not what I expectecd. The workmanship is sloppy, out of the box the intonation was gross,the input jaack kept falling baki into the guitar because the nut was stripped, and when the repairman fixed that and tried to put the screws back into the access pannel on the back of the guitar, they were all stripped out. That is not the worst. The guitar is so neck heavy that if i take my left hand away from supporting the neck, even with a wide suede leather strap, the headstock quickly ends up at my knees. It just sits on stage for looks, but not close-up looks!

When you call, mention priority code 16JR-PZ6Y. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976