When you call, mention priority code 16JG-1QFM

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone Hummingbird PRO

Whether you play country or classic rock, acoustic guitars don't get much more iconic than the Hummingbird. This Epiphone PRO boasts a Shadow pickup system.

Overall

"I'm go glad I found Zzounds (Epiphone Hummingbird PRO Guitar)" submitted January 22, 2014

By BOB LECH in Lawrenceville, NJ
Overall
Musical Background: Parking lot and airport guitar picker.Also play at some small places but do not play in bands
Music Style: Almost all Country,60's and 70's,John Denver cover songs and try my best at writing some songs
Overall: I was poking around and I found the Zzounds site. This has to be a dream come true. At times it's just hard to come up with the cash up front. I liked the looks of the Humming Bird Pro so I went and tried the play as you pay plan. The guitar arrived packed very,very good. People look at this guitar and I ask them to guess what it cost. They start around $1,500.00 down to $800.00. The pick guard,the head stock,the fret board inlays just make this look like a high priced guitar. I also like the full body shape because although the cut away type are good I like the traditional style Out of the box it just needed a bit of tuning and the action was a tad bit low but I know enough and took care of that myself. The sound it just unreal and that's with no amp hooked up. How well does it sound? I wrote a song for my G/F who was killed by a driver DUI. But I played that song I wrote on the humming bird Pro and I started getting obsessed and wanted all of that song to be perfect. How well does it play? This is what the owner of a lounge said when I finished. ~~~>One gentleman went up and said that in 43 years of guitar playing,he has never heard any player play an acoustic guitar like Bob. It wasn't just me.It was how well that Humming Bird Pro sounds. It was how that Humming Bird sounds when I started finger picking. If your looking at a higher priced guitar but just for some reason can't afford it or maybe just don't want to spend that much,don't under estimate this humming Bird Pro because it will sound just as good or better then a high priced Taylor 210ce. Your here only one time so buy what you want because with zzounds,they will make sure you can get what makes you happy. Also the support and return policy just can't be beat. I would add more but I am just not a good writer. Bob Lech

"Great guitar, great dealer." submitted March 9, 2013

By John H in Crossville, TN
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing for 57 years; guitar, piano, and bass. Have played professionally but now just play for my own enjoyment.
Music Style: Favorite styles are: Country, Folk, Pop, and Blues
Overall: I have to start with a compliment to zZounds. I ordered this guitar Thursday afternoon and it was delivered Saturday at noon. 1 and 1/2 days from New York to middle Tennessee; unbelievable. The guitar itself is everything the other reviews have commented on: Easy to play, nice bright sound, and absolutely gorgeous color and finish. I have been playing a Gibson since 1958 (yep, I'm an old guy) but always admired the style of the Hummingbird. Just got a wild hair and decided to try the Epiphone version and am extremely pleased with the instrument especially for the price. If you're thinking about it...do it; I don't think you'll be unhappy. I rated Manufacturers support at 3 stars only because I haven't needed it yet. Play on.

"Amazing" submitted January 4, 2013

By Pam S in Premier, WV
Musical Background: guitar hobbiest
Music Style: country, fingerstyle, christian
Overall: I just received this guitar yesterday. The finish is stunning, the attention to detail is amazing. I love the feel of the neck the setup was great straight out of the box. No fret buzz. I also have the other hummingbird acoustic version. I must say I love the finish on this one better. However, mine didn't have an onboard tuner.

"Epiphone Hummingbird Pro" submitted December 21, 2013

By Steve J. in West Lafayette, IN
Musical Background: Martin, Taylor, Washburn
Music Style: Country, Retro Rock 60's and 70's
Overall: I love this guitar!!! I bought it from Zzounds and was very impressed with how quickly they delivered it to my door. I took advantage of the 4 payment plan they offer. I own several Martins, Taylor and Washburns. I have played the Gibson Hummingbird and it don't sound much better, if any. This guitar was great right out of the box, even in tune. It plays easy, the action is good on it. Sound is friggin unbelievable plugged in and unplugged. I have read some reviews saying it was a little bright sounding, but I didn't find that with my guitar. I have a Taylor, so I know bright. It had a nice warm tone with great volume and sustain. This is my new favorite guitar to play. I love it. I am thinking about trying the Dove also next.

"hummingbird Pro" submitted January 26, 2013

By Eddie B in Louisville, KY
Overall
Musical Background: Ihave been playing for almost 20 years i play bass and guitar. I am in a local band
Music Style: Country, Southern rock, Christian
Overall: I had been looking for a good sounding acoustic guitar. This was definitely the right choice. The guitar came just in time for a show i had all i did was tune it and plugged in. Not once during the show did i need to tune it and the sound quality was Awesome. I would recommend this to anyone doing acoustic gigs. i have now been playing it out for over a month and I cant find a single thing wrong with it. This is a great guitar with all around sound.
18 of 19 people (94.74%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Epiphone Hummingbird Pro" submitted November 30, 2013

By James Lashbrooks in French Lick, IN
Overall
Musical Background: Have been playing guitar since the age of 12. I'm 62 now! Also play banjo (5 string). I do not consider myself professional.
Music Style: Folk, Country, Christian, Rock, Blues
Overall: Satisfaction started as soon as I opened the box! The finish on this instrument was fantastic! The sound of the Hummingbird Pro is beautiful with a full rich tone. Excellent bass and clean crisp treble. Harmonics were right on the money. Then, I plugged in... Wow! Great tone and easy to use controls made playing this instrument a pleasure! I play through a 1967 Ampeg Gemini II amplifier and the sound was phenomenal! I had ordered a lighter gauge string to put on it but it was not necessary! The string height was beautiful all the way up the neck. I have an Epi LesPaul Studio and a Washburn HB-35 but this guitar has become my instant favorite! Not a Gibson but so close it's crazy! Great job Epiphone! Have no idea about the manufacturer support because in 50 years of playing, I've never had to use it!

"Epiphone Hummingbird Pro" submitted August 17, 2013

By Greg P in Lovington, NM
Musical Background: Been playing off and on 25 years, mostly playing at home
Music Style: Rock, country
Overall: I've been eyeing the Epiphone Hummingbird for a while now. I finally ordered it, and all I can say is WOW. This is the tone and sound that I've been looking for. I own a Rainsong, Taylor, and an older Gibson LG-O, and this beats them all. I wanted to order the Gibson Hummingbird, but read a lot, and I became sold on the Epiphone. All I can say if the Gibson is any better than I can't imagine the sound of it, because this one is awesome. It sounds incredible playing thru a Marshall acoustic amp. Great guitar, I would personally recommend this to anyone. Great price and quality. I might even order another one.

"Epiphone Hummingbird acoustic/electric Pro" submitted October 2, 2013

By Colin Pusley in cuero, TX
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing guitar for roughly 20 years, I also play a little bass, drums and keyboard. I play at a few bars and parties a
Music Style: Country, red dirt-Texas county, some rock
Overall: The Epiphone Hummingbird acoustic and acoustic/electric are both amazing guitars I own both and am more than pleased!!

"Epiphone Hummingbird Pro" submitted August 11, 2014

By Michael Perkins in Canton , TX
Musical Background: playing guitar for a little over 7 yrs play pubs and bars
Music Style: Texas country, old school rock
Overall: i was a little worried when i ordered this guitar only becuase of the price and i wasnt to sure about the finish. But i was extremely pleased when this guitar arrived at my door, the finish is nothing sort of beautiful pictures just dont do it justice. I was looking online at pictures and was really worried it was going to be a bright red color but its not crazy red. The playability of this guitar is nice with very little fret buzz but took it to my local guitar shop and had that taken care of now its perfect. i use this guitar for all of my gigs and everyone asks me how much i payed for it. They are blown away when i tell them the price. If you thinking about getting this guitar stop thinking about it and do it zzounds makes it crazy easy to get what you want and for the quility of this guitar you wont find one better for this price.

"Epiphone hummingbird pro" submitted January 18, 2014

By John Woods in Northport, AL
Overall
Musical Background: Drums for 15 years. Banjo for about a year- "wife could not stand it". Now I have a guitar.
Music Style: Country, bluegrass and rock
Overall: After much research I decided I wanted this guitar and the Roland moble ac amp for my first guitar and amp. I chose to order from ZZsounds because of reviews I've read. I could not be more pleased with my purchase. The guitar sound great by itself and even better through the amp. Now I just have to learn to play well. Wish me luck.

"really awesome guitar" submitted November 30, 2013

By connie ackerknecht in lansford, PA
Overall
Musical Background: played on stage 34 years ago now I jam at home I play guitar and piano
Music Style: I play rock, country rock and a little folk music
Overall: played great right out of the box but most of all is the feel it feels absolutely fabulous as if were made just for me. the tone of this guitar is really great to be honest their is not nothing that I do not like about this guitar . plays well feels great and the tone and sound are fantastic . Beautiful guitar for the money.

"Just as advertised" submitted November 1, 2014

By Joe Dan Morgan in Miami, OK
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing for 54 yrs. I play the Guitar, Mandolin and fiddle. I jam only at home for my own enjoyment.
Music Style: Classic Country and Bluegrass
Overall: The Epiphone Hummingbird PRO Guitar comes professionally setup at the Epiphone Factory and perfectly in tune and ready to play. It has that Hummingbird sound that I fell in love with long ago. I highly recommend the Hummingbird, as well as, zZounds. Oh, did I mention that I ordered the guitar at 4 in the evening of the 7th and received it on the 9th.

"GREAT VALUE HERE" submitted August 18, 2014

By Elwin C in Pembroke, NH
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for several years the guitar and violin. Perform local establishments as well as at home.
Music Style: Mostly older country such as Jones, Haggard etc. We play some of the newer pop country as well
Overall: From the moment I opened the package until playing it for the first time. I am amazed at the quality construction, not a single blemish on it as well as the amazing sound quality. This guitar is suprisingly under priced for what you get. Great product, great service Buy it!

"Great guitar" submitted May 24, 2013

By richard garcia in new york, NY
Overall
Musical Background: a few years..i played
Music Style: rock, brit-pop, blues, some metal, punk
Overall: i got this guitar today it came in tune and no scratches were on it. the neck was straight..the strings on it are gibson .12 on them i believe they sound amazing...the only thing is about the guitar is the paint job on the side is scetchy but overall its really nice

"Great guitar for a great price!" submitted September 30, 2014

By Pheng T in Merced, CA
Musical Background: Guitar, on and off
Music Style: almost anything
Overall: The Epiphone Hummingbird is a great guitar for any player, new or expert! It sounds great and looks great. This may not be a Gibson Hummingbird, but it isn't a knock off either. It's in it's own league. Great guitar with an affordable price!

"Beautiful Guitar but needs setup" submitted February 3, 2014

By Matthew L in Louisville, KY
Musical Background: 10 yr amateur picker
Music Style: Country
Overall: Just had this guitar sent from zzounds. Shipping was fast, received in two days with ground shipping. Finish on guitar is gorgeous, but needs more of a setup than the one provided by Epiphone. The strings are way too light and will do nothing but buzz. Changed them out for some .13-.56 med and it tightened up the neck and gave the guitar itself a nice sound but still a slight buzz. Now it's time to change out the plastic saddle and a slight neck adjustment. After changing out the stock strings this guitar has potential. For the price not too bad but don't expect it to hum right out of box.

"Its Epiphone Hummingbird PRO Guitar" submitted April 26, 2014

By Raymund So in Las Vegas, NV
Overall
Overall: If your playing a guitar for while don't expect it to be sounded like its big brother "Gibson Hummingbird" because its like comparing a Lexus SI to a Toyota Corolla simply you can tell the difference. Plus I have to spend extra dollars just to set it up. The one i got have terrible Frett buzz on the lower E string, so i have to purchase a new saddle because the one that came on it seats so low that causing the buzz.. Its good for its price, sounds better compare to other lower end guitars out there. If u know how to Mic it and play with the EQ. It will sound right on stage and it will do its job comparable or better to the lower end Taylors and Martins, it looks really nice on stage as well. Conclusion is If you don't care about the brand Its a really good guitar for the buck. If your one of those guys that "IT has to be...."" GIBSON, TAYLOR or MARTIN this is not for you.

"I love it" submitted October 25, 2013

Overall
Overall: I'm not typically a fan of sunburst, but this guitar is beautiful, that's part of the reason I bought it. It has a great sound, it was near perfect right out of the box. Shipping speed was great, I got it exactly 2 days after ordering which was great because I'm really impatient.

"Awsome Guitar" submitted March 18, 2014

By a customer from ectorcountyisd.org
Overall
Overall: This is the best acoustic Ive ever had. The action is remarkable. Id recommend this guitar to any one.

"Just a great guitar for $300.00" submitted December 27, 2013

By BOB LECH in LAWRENCEVILLE, NJ
Overall
Musical Background: I play at nursing homes,parking lots and at a large airport
Music Style: Rock,Blues folk,Country and lots of Denver and beatle songs
Overall: Fed/X dropped it off and when I opened the box the guitar was inside another very heavy box. It was cold so I left it out to warm up. It sounded OK but I thought it needed some tuning. I got me tuner out and I played a few tunes and it sounds just fantastic. I sure as heck do not need an AMP for this bbecause it is nice and loud. I usually don't use a pick and I just fell inlove with the deep soft tones on the heavy strings with no buzzing. The finish is beautiful and the top is solid flat with no lines showing through the finish. GET ONE NOW BECAUSE THESE WILL BE GOING UP IN PRICE WHEN WORD GET OUT ON THE QUALITY BUILD AND THE SOUND

"great guitar for anybody" submitted December 29, 2013

By bailey w in branson, MO
Musical Background: I play guitar
Music Style: Classic rock and blues
Overall: I bought this guitar and out the box it was set up great. I highly reccomend it to anybody. It is a beautiful guitar and sounds amazing.

"Its not Gibson its Epiphone" submitted April 18, 2014

By Raymund So in Las Vegas, NV
Overall
Overall: If your playing a guitar for while don't expect it to be sounded like its big brother "Gibson Hummingbird" because its like comparing a Lexus SI to a Toyota Corolla simply you can tell the difference. Plus I have to spend extra dollars just to set it up. The one i got have terrible string buzz on the lower E string, so i have to purchase a new saddle because the one that came on it seats so low that causing the buzz.. Its good for its price, sounds better compare to other lower end guitars out there. If u know how to Mic it and play with the EQ. It will sound right on stage and it will do its job comparable or better to the lower end Taylors and Martins, it looks really nice on stage as well. Conclusion is If you don't care about the brand Its a really good guitar for the buck. If your one of those guys that "IT has to be...."" GIBSON, TAYLOR or MARTIN this is not for you.

"Epiphone Hummingbird Pro" submitted July 27, 2014

By Terry T in Houma, LA
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing drums for over 20 years and guitar for 2 years. Nothing professional.
Music Style: I like all types of music. If it sounds good, I like it.
Overall: Great sounding guitar for the price. Definetly worth $299.

"epipnone hummingbird pro guitar" submitted September 30, 2013

Overall
Overall: plays great right out of the box fast shipping guitar was prefect.

"Epiphone Hummingbird PRO Guitar-very good guitar for its price" submitted May 8, 2014

By Raymund S in Las Vegas, NV

"You get what you pay for" submitted October 10, 2014

By Courtney Cagle in Clarksville, TN
Overall
Musical Background: been playing for 19 years..Worship Leader at Assembly of God
Music Style: Christian Worship-Rock
Overall: Sounded and played just ok....the jack came loose in 1 sitting and came with a scratch on the side...zzounds on the other hand was fast to ship...and when I returned the guitar they were fast to refund my money..ended up gatting a Martin..same fast shipping from zzounds

"BEST ACOUSTIC GUTIAR EVER" submitted August 6, 2014

By Daniel Donovan in Brockport, NY
Musical Background: beginner
Music Style: everything but rap
Overall: This is a very good guitar for the price. I have had many complaments on this guitar. Sound and tone are great. My teacher asked about this guitar because he said it looked and sounds like a more expensive guitar. I told him what I paid and he was shocked . Said I got a great deal on it.Will not part with this guitar .

When you call, mention priority code 16JG-1QFM. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976