When you call, mention priority code 157H-R6CT

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone Navarro Acoustic

Constructed from all solid wood with a Shadow NanoFlex pickup, this Dave Navarro signature acoustic-electric is as versatile and unique as the man himself.

"Great sound, great price, a few flaws" submitted February 27, 2012

By Troy R in Ardmore, OK
Overall
Musical Background: I have been teaching myself guitar for about a year now, playing with friends and for my kids.
Music Style: Alternative, Country, Classic Rock
Overall: I purchased the Epiphone Dave Navarro Acoustic a few weeks ago. The sound was great, although it was horribly tuned upon arrival. Once tuned, it holds it very well. It was a B stock purchase, but it had several flaws I don't know if I would call blemish flaws. The frets had cracked out through the (forgive me for not knowing the proper name) white part around the fretboard. It doesn't affect the sound at all which is what matters. Also one of the hexagram inlays is so dull you can barely notice its on the fretboard. A little disappointing for a signature guitar. I have emailed zzounds about these but not heard anything back. The high e and b strings do ring a little, but I think some new strings would easily solve that problem. Ive been teaching myself guitar, and I find this one easy to play for longer periods of time with the slim d neck. I would recommend this guitar for its great sound.

"Excellent Guitar for the money. You get a "custom shop" guitar without the "custom shop" price!" submitted March 8, 2011

By a customer from howard-ind.com
Overall
Sound: I received this guitar today from zZounds. I pulled it out of the packing, tuned it up and was completely amazed at the sound. This guitar is obviously not a Martin, a Taylor or even a Gibson - hell, it was made in China......but I would consider it a quality guitar in and of itself. But when you compare the rich, deep tones that come out of this guitar with the price I paid, I can tell you that it is simply a fantastic sounding guitar. I bought a "cosmetically damaged" one for $430 (Epiphone list price of $999 and regularly priced at zZounds at $599)and I put it on my work bench with my work lights over it and could not find one thing wrong with it. Nothing. So I'm not sure what the inspectors found that they would sell it at a reduced price but I am very happy I took that chance! I have a lot of guitars, some very nice ones and some great "value" guitars and several beaters and I can honestly say that this one sounds as good as some of mine that cost several thousand dollars. I am very pleased with the sound! Feature: The e-sonic electronics are quite amazing. There is none of that "tinny" sound that sometimes comes out of a piezo type pick up. The electric sound is very well-rounded across the entire spectrum when played through my Beringer Acoustic Amp. The jack is very solid and even the chromatic tuner is spot on according to my Snark and my Boss tuner. I am very happy with the sound of this guitar!! Ease of Use: This guitar has a wider nut that most. I primarily bought this guitar because of the wider nut. Common wisdom says that finger-pickers like it wider so they can pick better but I can tell you that us folks with big ole hands like it because we can play our chords much better with enough room for our big fingers! The adjustable bridge is intuative and easy to use. Quality: This guitar is beautiful. The ebony finish is glossy and I can't find a flaw in it. The pentagram fretboard inlays are beautiful and what I would consider to be intricate. I studied them very closely and couldn't find any flaws at all. It's a beautiful guitar! Value: I got a great deal on a guitar that I feel is worth much more than I paid for it so I'll say that I got a great value! Manufacturer Support: I hope I never have to find out how the support is! The Wow Factor: This is a very good looking guitar. It has all the accessories I would ever ask for on a guitar. Honestly, it was the ebony gloss finish and the fretboard inlays that hooked me into checking it out in the first place. Overall: I will continue to buy guitars a few times a year because that's what I do and I have no doubts that I will continue to be satisfied with this purchase for a long time to come.
16 of 18 people (88.89%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Epiphone's best acoustic/electric by far!!" submitted February 6, 2011

By a customer from live.com
Overall
Sound: The sound out of this thing is amazing for the price. Nice tight and controlled. Full bodied souund from solid tonewoods. In my opinion it is better than the masterbilt line and I own one of those. Will change the strings though to Ernie Ball Slinky Acoustic 80/20 bronze. Feature: This guitar is beautiful. The artwork is great. Very elegant instrument. Ease of Use: The setup was great out of the box. Plays very easy. Quality: Looks to be manufactured very well. Where the nut sits in looks just a tiny bit sloppy but not a dealbreaker. You really have to look close to see it. Value: A whole lot of BANG for the buck. Looks better than the Takamine EF series and you get solid tonewoods to boot. You can't go wrong with this axe. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed it yet. The Wow Factor: Oh she is a very pretty axe. High gloss finish. Will look fantastic on stage for sure!! Overall: I expect to hold onto this for a looong time as I kow the sound will only get better.

"Features & design good, manufacturing quality not so good." submitted November 24, 2011

By a customer from hifidelity.net
Overall
Musical Background: Formerly pro; now I teach college courses and play locally only.
Music Style: Diverse, but mostly rock/alternative
Sound: Onboard electronics are very good. It certainly does not have a purely acoustic sound--the low bass is clearly boosted even when the bass control is down substantially--but it is a great sound for playing live with a band and also great when you need to add that low end to a purely acoustic set. Feature: I love that the whole guitar is solid wood, not laminate. This does seem to make the sound more punchy. The EQ controls also have a sensitivity control, which is nice. Onboard tuner is nice, but it doesn't always work. Seems to be some kind of short circuit somewhere. Doesn't matter much to me, as I have either a rack mount or a pedal tuner in line. Ease of Use: The specific problems in using the guitar overlap with the "Quality" category, so I have discussed the cons there. The good part is that the guitar came set up pretty well. The low E has a little buzz here and there, but overall the action was very good out of the box. Very playable. Quality: The 1/4 inch jack in the base of the guitar is loose, and keeps coming loose, no matter how I tighten it. It is a real pain to tighten, as the sound hole is too small for me to get my arm in, so tightening this thing every week is unacceptable. I even put heavy duty thread locker on it to keep it tight, and it came loose in a week. I wonder if someone in manufacturing forgot to put the locknut on the assembly?! I am going to pay a guitar repairman to fix it, as sending back the whole guitar for this is not an acceptable option. Also mentioned above is the sporadic tuner functionality. Value: Got a great deal on this and could not be happier with the price, even with the problems I have described. Manufacturer Support: Have not dealt with the company. As I said above, I cannot be without the guitar for them to fix a jack for me. The Wow Factor: I bought this as a second acoustic guitar because I thought it would work well for me for the price, and for the most part, this guitar does. However, if I had known about the input problems, I would have opted for something else to save the headaches. Overall: Features, sound, and overall playability are great. Quality of manufacturing very deficient. What's going on, Gibson? Where is that pride in your product I have come to expect from you? Honestly, if this were ever stolen, I would probably replace it with something else to avoid the possibility of having the same problems again.

"Dave Navarro's guitar" submitted March 4, 2014

By R Navarro in Long Island City, NY
Musical Background: Playing for life, amateur/professional
Music Style: Rock, country, latin music
Overall: Excellent quality and beautiful sound. Soft on fingers and astounding appearance.I am very happy with this instrument.

"The Dave navarro acoustic" submitted June 21, 2012

By David A in Lake Powell, UT
Overall
Musical Background: played for 30 years, a couple of working bands, play now for myself and friends
Music Style: Rock, alt rock, alternitive and some country
Overall: the electronics and tuner I was amazed by but overall intonation and fret buzz made me return this guitar. I have purchased many guitars from Zzounds and the manufacturing company has set many of these up so they are playable, This one was not, others commented on there purchase and were great, one of the reasons I bought it. A Luther (also friend) said the intonation was very far off and should have never left the factory. He told me he has played this same guitar and was impressed with the quality and the price range. I purchased a replacement (another brand) and am happy with it. I just got a bad Navarro acoustic, murfeys law :^

When you call, mention priority code 157H-R6CT. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976