When you call, mention priority code 15TD-RV5X

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone EL-00 PRO Parlor

This short-scale acoustic guitar's "blues box" design evokes the 1930s -- but its Fishman Sonitone preamp and Sonicore pickup are ready for the modern stage.

"Epiphone EL-00 Parlor BIG Sound in a small guitar" submitted December 29, 2013

By RIchard Rey in Philadelphia, PA
Musical Background: professional, 30+ years
Music Style: rock, country, folk,
Overall: I was in a local guitar store to buy some strings and this guitar caught my attention. I noticed it had a Fishman pickup so I plugged it into an amp and I was shocked at how great it sounded. I was expecting a thin sound from a parlor guitar, but the base of the body is pretty wide and The Fishman pickup really produces a full sound. In fact I was just comparing it to another acoustic that I own that I paid nearly three times as much and The Epi sounds better. I've purchased many guitars, amps, speakers, etc. over the years and I have to say that this is the biggest bang for the buck yet.

"Best Guitar for the Money!" submitted January 29, 2014

By Debbie R in Appomattox, VA
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing music for over 40 years. I am primarily a piano player but I also play sax, guitar, bass, banjo, mandolin.
Music Style: All styles. I play in a country rock band and a folk/eclectic band.
Overall: I absolutely LOVE this little guitar! The retro look is beautiful. I like the smaller size of it. I am a female with smaller hands and I've never been able to play bar chords well on my other acoustic guitars but I can on this one. The sound is so sweet. I haven't even hooked it up to an amp yet, but I like having that option. And the price is so low for such a fine instrument. I keep using the Zzounds payment plans so I have a low monthly payment, then I buy another instrument as soon as I pay for one and I never even miss the money. I have been highly satisfied with my Zzounds experience, and I have ended up with great instruments. But the Epiphone EL-00 is, by far, my favorite.

"Great Little guitar but ......." submitted May 3, 2014

By Kevin T in Peekskill, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing 40 years.
Music Style: Blues .Rock.Folk.
Overall: At first I was disappointed when it came.The first second and third strings from the 10th to about the 15th fret were bottoming out with severe fret buzz.I thought maybe there were neck issues .Tried new strings same thing until I noticed the bridge seemed a bit low on the high E Side .I removed the bridge and compared it to some spare ones I have in my parts bag and sure enough it seems to have been shaved down bad from the factory.Surprised to see that it passed inspection but it was stamped passed .I changed the bridge with a new one which I only had to sand down a little to get a proper setup and now the guitar plays and sounds great.Rather than send it back I just accepted it and and very happy with the guitar.I Own many guitars and many are Epiphone guitars and have brought many from Zzounds and this was the first time I ever had an issue with one.If I did not have the ability to setup and make guitar repairs I would have sent it back for another but I didn't so I can't give a proper rating for support .I give the support a 5 as to not give the guitar a poor rating because the rest of the quality of the guitar is great.Plugged in it sounds great.Unplugged it has the sound you would expect from a small body guitar.It sounds best finger picking but is also sounds fine strumming .In tunings and playing slide sounds great.I would recommend this guitar .I think I just happened to get one with an issue.Based on other reviews for the same guitar it doesn't seem to be an issue that others have had.

"Great Value!" submitted May 14, 2014

By Carl H in Moultrie, GA
Musical Background: Pro Vocalist/Songwriter/Guitarist since 1975
Music Style: Blues Flavored Americana
Overall: This is an excellent small body guitar at an amazing price. Solid top will only improve sound with time. Beautiful finish, excellent quality construction, Grover tuners, compensated nut, easy access preamp controls. Easy action, good acoustic volume, tone, and sounds great through a P.A. Should be seriously considered if you're looking for a small body guitar.

"Great Product, Great Service, Great Company" submitted June 26, 2014

By Steve Hester in Fayetteville, GA
Overall
Musical Background: Professional musician (choral, vocal). Intermediate rhythm guitar.
Music Style: Christian, show-tunes, folk, classical.
Overall: Absolutely LOVE the EL 00 Pro by Epiphone. The solid top & on-board electronics really make it an excellent value. Already set up for optimum playability upon arrival. The tuners are superb.

"Parlor For The Course !" submitted June 15, 2014

By jack f in cibolo, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitars since '66. Picked up a little bass and keyboard along the way for demos, etc.
Music Style: Happy foot tappers with an appreciation for upper partials
Sound: Pleasing acoustic song with sustaining cinnamon brightness and earthy round bells. Surprising projection and depth. Personality and voice reproduced pretty faithfully by the Fishman electronics. Feature: Acoustic pleasantries translate well when the electrons are called on to dance. Sound hole control knobs and 1/4" strap peg plug-in are the "shiitake." Fishman Sonitone under-bridge system reproduces the guitar's personality well, and though controls are bare-bones (volume/tone) they offer enough range to generate listening interest. Grovers are the right size and proportion for this guitar and being Grovers, they work. Bottom bout "strap peg/plug-in" design is fine for cord connection but not great for strap attachment. Ease of Use: "Parlor" or not, this is not a tiny guitar. Bottom bout is very wide and though the body is not deep, it projects well acoustically. Scale length also contributes to a nice, long vibrating string. Neck and fretboard set up, size and shape are very strat-like and the thing plays with great ease and low action of an electric guitar. Compensated saddle insert is REALLY compensated all the way across the bridge, not just notched for the G string. Thus, intonation is very good all the way up the register. Preamp controls and plug in are no brainer, although changing the 9 volt battery could be a bit more ergonomic. Quality: Had to send one back for high fret issues but the replacement was fine. Good wood, good joinery, cosmetics fine. (Bridge could have benefitted from a bit of chamferring) Set neck feels solid as a rock. Value: Nice value, very satisfying warm fuzzies for the little pro! Manufacturer Support: No contact with Epiphone, but zzounds' return policy is foolproof, when and if needed. The Wow Factor: For $300 I'm not expecting a lot of "wow"... Overall: Covers a lot of bases for not many moneys...

When you call, mention priority code 15TD-RV5X. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976