When you call, mention priority code 12FW-DW4B

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone Worn Dot Studio

The Epiphone Worn Dot Studio is a semi-hollow classic. With a pair of uncovered alnico pickups and a raw, worn-style finish, the Epiphone Dot Studio feels great.

"Can't beat the value - or playability!" submitted March 22, 2011

Musical Background: Active Musician, Band director
Music Style: Contemporary, pop, rock
Sound: I love my new Epiphone DOT Studio. As a rhythm guitarist, I appreciate the warm and full-bodied tone; yet it still has the ability to cut through to deliver leads and melody lines. I had been looking at a Taylor T5, at about six times the price. But this is comparable in both tone and playability. I couldn't be happier with this purchase decision. Feature: The guitar has dual humbucker pickups, 1 three position switch, a single tone control and a single volume control. I love it for it's simplicity, but I could see where some players might want more versatility. Fr the kind of playing I do, it's not an issue. Ease of Use: The playability of this guitar is amazing, and the adjustable bridge leads me to believe it could be set up to suit anyone's preferences. The neck is just a little wider than a typical electric - more like an acoustic guitar, but it is not as thick, so it's real easy to play. Quality: The fit and finish have a rich look and feel. The guitar was unblemished. The hardware feels solid and well made. A friend had suggested changing the tuners before he even saw the guitar, as he said typically, lower priced guitars skimp on decent tuners, so I was prepared to do that if needed. Now that I've had the guitar for about sic weeks. I'm fine with the tuners. The guitar holds its tune really well, and tuning is easy. Value: I should have paid at least twice as much for what I received. I could not be happier with the value of this purchase. I usually don't buy a guitar without playing it first, so I was nervous about the purchase. I based my decision on the user product ratings - which were very positive, so I took a chance. I'm more than pleased! Manufacturer Support: I haven't had any issues since receiving the guitar, but the support for the sale was excellent and very responsive. I used the price match guarantee - it was simple, easy and very timely with responses. The Wow Factor: I got the Worn Vintage Sunburst, and I love the looks. I love the understatement of the piece. I love handing this ax over to guys who have Les Pauls, ES-335s and the like and watch them drool. Some of them have paid 10 times what I paid - and they LOVE this guitar. Overall: I keep guitars in the 'forever' category. I never sell, although I have given a few away. But I think I'll be keeping this one for a LONG time.

"The best guitar for the price you will ever, ever find, so go online or call ZZsounds NOW!!!!" submitted May 27, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: active, recording musician.
Music Style: I have played all styles, love it all
Sound: The Epi Dot Studio has a great sound. The warmth is there. along with the mids and crispy highs. When you plug it in to a good amp it even sounds better. The Alnico Humbuckers will give you the full range of sounds, which include a jazz, country, to rock. Feature: The low profile controls give you a easy to operate tone and volume. This guitar is a no-nonsense monster. No pick guard or tremelo bar is needed, as you can bend these low slung strings by blowing on them. Ease of Use: The Dot Studio is easy to play, and more important, fun to play. With what effects you choose to apply. you will not be dissapointed. Quality: The Dot is well made and a solid guitar. With proper care and cleaning products made by Gibson and sold by ZZsounds you will have this guitar treating you well for a long time. Value: This guitar is one of the very best values you can have. What you get for the low price from Epiphone is extremely rare and an instant surprise. Believe in those great reviews that you are reading regarding these Dot Studios, every word. Manufacturer Support: I have had to talk with Gibson and ZZsounds and I can tell you they both treated me with respect and took care of my wishes promptly and with interest. The Wow Factor: This is one very appealing and sexy music maker, that will only make you look like you know what BEAUTY is, because you have it in your hands. Overall: I will keep this beauty forever, and never sell, trade or smash onstage.

"Ibanez fan found a dot to fall in love with" submitted April 10, 2012

By kenny lance in Willis, TX
Overall
Musical Background: 20 plus years now playing Christian rocker stuff but grcut my teeth in the 80's Uncle Ted / Ozzie scene
Music Style: Love Vai and Tomlin stuff... not tied down to a style . just close your eyes and let it happen .
Sound: Clean as can be. first played through a small Roland practice amp.... then lit her up in a Carvin X100B... dirty up this guitar and you have a sound that will blow the back of your head off... feedback that is controllable as Satch dancin on a stage... Kinda scarted the neighbors. HEHE.... Feature: Hated the stock strings.... I play Markleys blue steel . Cant wait to get that fire started... he neck feels good in your hands... 2 knobs and 1 three way switch.... simple stuff. Ease of Use: Plug it in ? good answer ? YUP ! the amp you use makes all the difference. even my lil Roland cube sounded awesome with this thing. but 100 WATT CARVIN X100B ? and a line 6 XT-LIVE ? It's on !. cool thing is this... NO AMP you can sit and play and have a great time just hearing the guitar by itself playing along with " THE VOICE " on T.V. and have a blast Quality: Rock solid... stays in tune.... colors are just plain SEXY and smooth.... I'll be 90 years old sittin on my porch playing this girl.... I've spent way more on a guitar that doesnt feel this good sonicly and more. Value: she isnt a $3,000 Les paul or a Vai signature. But I'd put her up against any one of em. Really....I have an Ibanez worth 5 times more hat will be put aside for a little while but they will both be part of my family for a long time to come. Manufacturer Support: havent had to use. The Wow Factor: beautiful finish... Beautiful sound.... playability worthy of guitar Gods. simple enough ? Overall: this guitar came in today. out of the box.... WHAT A DREAMGIRL!... She just sounded so clean and clear.... the neck is bigger that the Ibz i'm used to but I'll sooo get used to that.... she fits in just right with my other guitars. I was expecting the worn brown ... my bad ... they sent the Cherry and it was love at first sight... then I plugged it in.... Can U marry a guitar ? hehe....

"Working Mans Guitar" submitted September 14, 2006

By a customer from centex.net
Music Style: Rockin-country-blues
Sound: I play through a 63 model Fender Delxue amp and the Studio Dot sounds just short of what I desire so I use a compressor and a overdrive pre-amp and whaalaa , she sounds so sweet. This guitar has great sustain, great midrange tone and big balls in either neck or bridge pickup for solos. Feature: Basic, no pick guard which is ok, it actually looks pretty cool with the Black Hardware and pickups. Ease of Use: With only 2 knobs and a switch its very smooth shifting the gears on this Dot Studio, the neck is fast and feels so good in your hand, its hard to put her away. Quality: Mine is a blem in worn brown but the only flaw I found was a slight faded spot which is hardly noticable with the satin finish , the setup was good right out of the box, you might want to put on some thicker strings though. Value: Your not gonna find a guitar this fine for so little Manufacturer Support: Have not talked with them so I'll give em a 8 just for the fact they make a good guitar for the bucks and that shows good intentions The Wow Factor: Its very sweet Overall: I can't own enough guitars so I'll always be looking for another but I plan on keeping this Dot Studio for a long time, shes great for the Bars and Honkey Tonks I play in Texas where you might fear bringing your High Dollar axes. The only think I don't like is how noticable the orange Epiphone sticker is through the top S hole and the fact that they burned 2nd on the back of my headstock, shameful.

"Beauty,and a wonderful voice, I love her!" submitted November 18, 2011

Musical Background: 45 years..guitar
Music Style: Folk, old rock, blues,
Sound: I'm able to do any style I play with this guitar. The better the amp, the better the sound. Feature: I found the tone adjustment doesn't do much fo the bass/treble sound. Ease of Use: Has great action. The kind comparable to much more expensive instruments Quality: Product is well made, better than expected for a $300 instrument. Value: It is a great value, and worth more tan its selling price. Manufacturer Support: easy to register warranty. The Wow Factor: Great looking, good sound and action. Overall: I believe it will last a long time. I'm good to my instuments, and this has the quality of something at twice the price, or more.

"This is what you are looking for!" submitted May 7, 2006

By a customer from ispwest.com
Musical Background: 30+ years
Music Style: now I am doing 70's rock and some blues
Sound: I tried this one through a Marshall ModeFour along with every other Epiphone 335 type semi-hollow and I really liked the sound of the Studio. Then just to be sure, I played the Gibson Lucille model with the Varitone. On setting 1 the Lucille sounds exactly like the DOT Studio or vice versa. I couldn't find another sound on the Varitone that I liked anyway. The Studio has that midrange punch that sounds like 'ol BB and that's what I was looking for. You know it's right when you hear it. The DOT Studio is the one you want. Feature: Doesn't have too much in the way of tone switching. It has pickup selection switch, one vol, one tone control. But of those sounds all of them are something I didn't have with my other guitars. It's quite a drab looking thing and no dot inlays on the fretboard, I can't see them when I am standing anyway. It's not the showiest model that's for sure. Ease of Use: Mine weighs about 8 pounds and that's acceptable. The action is at 1/16 inch at the twelfth fret. The intonation was off, but there was plenty of room for correction. Quality: Not a blemish. The frets are good but not polished. The frets are smooth on the edges, none sharp or sticking out at all. The neck is straight. Value: The sound is right on but the guitar is drab appearing, no flash. Super value though. It has all the things the BIG GUY has so of course it will sound like it. All maple body and neck and alnico humbucks and THE sound is there. Manufacturer Support: I don't know The Wow Factor: It sounds like the Gibson Lucille and it plays great, great action and it's lighter in weight than Lucille. Overall: This is what I went looking for and I found it. A guitar that played the blues so easy it just pours out of it. No muss, no fuss it's easy to get that great sound, I didn't fiddle around searching for it. It sounds like Lucille and anyone can afford it.
16 of 19 people (84.21%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"my main guitar!" submitted December 2, 2011

Musical Background: full time pro musician, 6 years
Music Style: Alternative Rock
Sound: I love the stock pick ups, you can mod if you like (a lot of people go for duncans)... I think the sound is very versatile. Feature: Feels great to play and it's semi-hollow so it doesn't kill your shoulder! Ease of Use: Plug in and play Quality: I had major tuning issues. The stock nut is CHEAP plastic. Replace that with bone or black tusq, etc ($13 fix, tuners if you like. Value: I rate this section a 20!! For $300 you can have this as-is, all stock and it's a DEAL... or mod it out and have a BEAST for very little money Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to call The Wow Factor: Beautiful finish. Looks great and doesn't scratch or wear easily. I beat the hell out of my axe and it still looks good Overall: I would like one or 2 more just in case they ever stop making them

"amazing" submitted November 8, 2007

Music Style: punk
Sound: this guitar sounds better than the faded gibson sg and its alot cheaper Feature: this guitar feels great, looks greak, and sounds great Ease of Use: it sounds amazing with a crate amp Quality: it was made well. it has one volume knob and one tone knob its nice and simple Value: it sounds great The Wow Factor: this semi hollow is beautiful i have the faded brown color it doesnt have any flaws at all Overall: i expect to be satisified with this for a while. i plan on buying another epiphone in the future

"one of Epiphones finest:" submitted February 25, 2008

Overall
Sound: Very versitale and can play both blues and has a very impressive classic rock sound when the gain is cranked. dident notice any trembling on the body when gain is turned up full like you would with most semihollows which is a def. plus. Also has a good acoustic hum to it unplugged. this is a very nice touch for those whose get lazy and dont feel like plugging in there guitars. Feature: The simplisity of the hardware give it a great vintage look but i found the all black harware to be somewhat dull so i added gold scews and nuts on the headstock and humbuckers to more suit my tast. Ease of Use: The neck feels great on this guitar and reminds me of the classic wide 70's stratocaster neck. Makes playing blues alote easier. Quality: For the price of this guitar, I was amazed at how good the quality was on it. Very nice tuners (not cheap at all), and over all, very proffestional quality hardware. Value: The best thing about this guitar. Great proffetional proformance guitar for under 300 is rare. Manufacturer Support: Iv used epiphone support before for questions and they know there stuff. The Wow Factor: Shes a looker. Overall: Given the great qulity of harware and overall build of this guitar, I expect many years with it.

"YOU HAVE TO GET THIS!!!" submitted February 19, 2007

Overall
Sound: fantastic. couldn't ask for a richer, more experienced sound. perfect for any type of music. Feature: great. with only one tone and volume switch, it's so easy to use and set up. simple and fun. Ease of Use: no problems with this guitar. no buzzing or ringing. just plain music for everything. the ease is very "easy." nothing too hard for anybody. Quality: fantastic and unbelievable. i got my epiphone dot studio for only $250. i couldn't ask for a better sounding guitar with this amazingly low price. once again, no problems were expected with this guitar; and i did not receive any at all. Value: very good. i will always use this guitar for every gig. Manufacturer Support: not really sure. never needed it. but im sure it's fine. The Wow Factor: yes very good. the black hardware matches up greatly with my "worn cherry" color. it gives it a kind of "hey! look at me" feeling to it. Overall: i expect to be satisfied for a very long time. no complaints.

Epiphone Worn Dot Studio Customer Review submitted May 15, 2008

Musical Background: musician
Music Style: alternative, indie rock and doom metalz
Sound: this is a great sounding guitar. I assumed this guitar would come with your standard muddy epiphone pickups but to my surprise these pickups are really great. they have a brighter jangle to them than your standard humbucker. They almost sound like p-90s but with slightly more snap. Feature: not a whole lot of features on this guitar. I like it that way. too many options just distract you from making music. I like to just keep it simple. two pickups, one volume, one tone is all you need. Ease of Use: the tone knob doesn't quite shave off enough highs. otherwise everything works real well. the tuners are real smooth and hold it in tune real well. also, it has a really fat neck. I happen to like it that way but a lot of people seem to like these super thin speed metal necks. Quality: epiphone quality control is really spotty. sometimes you get a really great guitar guitar but more often than not there will be some minor issue somewhere on the guitar. mine had these weird scratch marks on the edge of the fretboard. I was able to mostly sand them out. Value: for a semi-hollow guitar to be in the range is just amazing to me. you get what you pay for with the quality but even still it is a great deal. Manufacturer Support: never dealt with them The Wow Factor: get the gloss black. those other ones are ugly as hell. the picture on here is not correct. it looks flat black and has binding. in real life it's super glossy and has no binding. I think it looks cooler than the standard dot. Overall: this guitar looks cool and is one of the best sounding gibson/epiphones I've played. what more could you want?

Epiphone Worn Dot Studio Customer Review submitted May 12, 2008

Music Style: rock and blues
Sound: I think it sounds fair, I own a wildcat and it does'nt sound as good . Feature: It came with a small cable, and was supposed to have a hard shell case, but it didn't, and so far zzounds has yet to send one. I asked two different sales people before I ordered and both said it had a case. I don't know what else to say but good luck when you order. Quality: for a china made guitar it plays good, set up was a little off. Value: for the price it's not bad. Manufacturer Support: can't give it any better till I get a case.

When you call, mention priority code 12FW-DW4B. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976